IC-SWORD-Planet Terror(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Re: IC-SWORD-Planet Terror(Everyone)

Post by ryansommer »

Unfazed by the sight of yet another zombie, Sally steadied herself, held her pistol in both hands and opened the door to the outside. Sally exited to door pistol raised towards the zombie, ready to take a shot at it.
OOC: I do not know if I have enough actions to shoot this round or not so I will wait. If I can shoot, I will edit my post with the roll.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Since you could go outside as part of last turn's action after looking out the window, we can assume you started the turn out there already and you can take your shot now. You can use normal skill for the zombie attacking [b]Spike[/b], but the nearest of the other zombies is over 30 yards away, so you'd be at half skill for them. Don't forget the -5 penalty for aiming at the head.
Sally,Remember that you also have a +20 bonus for all firearms attacks, so that's a net bonus of +15 to your Handgun skill. If you hit, roll 1d10+2 damage for the .45 pistol.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Exiting the door with her pistol raised, Sally took aim at the zombie attacking Spike and fired. The shot just missed.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the back room-
Doc and Lara had already followed Sally outside. Mutt followed them, with Katarina and Raquel tagging along. Then the other skinheads emerged through the trapdoor with Zoe.
Zoe Gallagher,[b]Zoe[/b] will be stunned for 7 more minutes, including this one. You may as well make your Sanity roll for seeing the zombies now, since you'll be carried outside.
Behind the building-
In addition to the zombie attacking Spike, now that Sally was outside she could see nine zombies slowly advancing from various directions. Most of them were naked women of Asian or Eastern European descent, but a few of them were skinheads. They were all about 25 yards away now, except for one that was lagging behind.

Doc also fired, and his first bullet hit the zombie in the head, wounding it but not stopping it. It clawed feebly at Spike as it regained its feet.

Mutt gaped in shock when he emerged. "Spike!" he cried. Recovering quickly, he raised his M-16 to his shoulder and put a bullet in the dead girl's brain. She collapsed, down for good. Spike dropped his shotgun and drew his pistol. He fired at the head of one of the other zombies, hitting and wounding it a little.

Katarina swallowed at her first sight of the walking dead, but her strong mind helped her barely withstand the shock. Raquel was not made of stern stuff. She whimpered in panic, overwhelmed by terror and filled with despair.
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], if you wish you may take a shot at one of the other zombies. You may now use your full skill. They are still four rounds away from reaching you. One of the zombies has taken 3 damage to the head, and will need 7 more to finish it off. If you want to try to calm [b]Raquel[/b] down, roll Psychoanalysis instead.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2136861/]Sanity 37% (1d100=10)[/url]
Zoe's unfocused eyes catch sight of a terrific thing, fortunately the horror of her captivity has blurred her feeling; she is not shocked.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally threw up in her mouth a bit at the sight of all the once dead women. 'Mutt is a sicker fuck than I could ever imagin' she thought.
Sally looked towards the vehicles to see how many zombies were between her and freedom.
"We've got a whole lot of company up here" Sally said "and that worm won't be har behind. Let's get to the vehicles. Mutt; you and the boys clear us a path, but try and keep up. We are lightly armed."
OOC: How badly is Spike hurt? Does he look like he will bleed out soon?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Spike[/b]'s arm is definitely broken, but he doesn't look like he's going to bleed out any time soon. If he takes another hit like that one, he'll probably die.
In the back room-
Ghost rushed outside with Zoe in his arms. Nitro and Deadeye hurried after them.

Behind the building-
The van and the pickup truck were parked right nearby, and none of the zombies were in the way. Once the vehicles were moving, the zombies could easily be avoided. The sun was low in the sky to the west, and there were perhaps only thirty or forty minutes of daylight remaining.

"Yeah, let's get out of here fast!" shouted Mutt. He glanced back when he saw the other skinheads emerge from the back door. "Sally, you and Doc will ride with me in the pickup. You three guys load the girls into the back of the van!"

Ghost coolly hurried over to the van with Zoe. Nitro gulped in fright, but was mostly numb to the shock by now. Deadeye reeled unsteadily, but he too suprressed his fears for the main part. Both of them hurried to the van as well.

It was all too much for Raquel. The horror of the risen dead, some of whom she recognized, was more than she could handle. And now her cruel captors were going to cart off her and her friends to God knows where, and the abuse would continue. And her best friend Alicia was dead. "No mas..." she choked out, tears streaming down her face in a torrent. "No mas!" She rushed towards a cluster of zombies, believing she'd be better off dead.

"Raquel, no!" cried Lara. She rushed to intercept her and tried to grab her arm, but she mistimed her lunge. Katarina tried to stop her too, and she managed to seize the other woman's arm before she could get away.

"Raquel, it's okay," said Doc soothingly. "Nothing bad is going to happen to you, I promise."

Raquel relaxed and stopped struggling. She nodded, sniffling.

The dead continued to close in. They were now less than twenty yards away, but there was still enough time to get in the vehicles and escape before they arrived. Spike's arm went slack, and he ran for the van too.
Zoe Gallagher,[b]Zoe[/b] is stunned for 6 more minutes, including this one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Without wasting a moment, Sally moved off to the vehicles as quickly as she could: "Let's move, people!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Behind the building-
"Spike, you can't come with!" said Ghost. "You've been bit!"

Spike just stared straight ahead, slack-jawed.

Mutt handed Ghost the keys to the van and frowned at Spike. Then he joined Doc and Sally at the pickup truck, the keys to that vehicle already in his hand. "What do you two think? Is there any hope of curing him before he turns into one of those things?"

"It doesn't look good," said Doc. "He's got a couple hours, but without my medical lab I wouldn't bet money on it. Spike! Hey, I need you to focus, man!" Spike remained unresponsive.

Ghost unlocked the van's side door and slid it open. "In you go, girls," he said, placing Zoe inside. She had a sickening sensation of deja vu. This was the van the skinheads had originally used to abduct her. Lara and Katarina helped Raquel inside. The rear compartment was completely enclosed, litlte more than a big, empty metal box, though air did flow through from somewhere when it was closed. Ghost slid the door shut again, leaving the four women in darkness. It locked automatically with an ominous click. There was no locking mechanism on the inside of the van, not even a handle. This van was designed for keeping people inside. Raquel began to weep again.

Ghost raced around to the front of the van and got in the driver's seat. Nitro snatched up Spike's dropped shotgun and slid into the middle of the cab, and Deadeye sat in the shotgun seat. Ghost inserted the key in the ignition and started the engine.

After Mutt unlocked the doors, Doc slid into the middle of the pickup truck's cab and helped Sally into the shotgun seat. "Follow us!" Mutt called to Ghost as he got behind the wwheel and revved up the truck. Spike wandered over to the pickup too. "Should we let him ride in the bed of the truck? If we have to, we can always put a bullet in his head later. Or do we leave him here? Those deadheads will probably go after him instead of us once we're out of range." The zombies were closing in, but they were still ten yards off and there was time to get away.
Zoe Gallagher,[b]Zoe[/b] is stunned for 5 more minutes, including this one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Just drive" Sally said to Mutt. "He's as good as dead. There is no cure and he will eventually just turn and attack us all."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

"Where will we go?" asked Katarina.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the van-
"I don't know," said Lara from the darkness, her voice cracking with fear.

"It won't be anywhere good," sobbed Raquel. "Alicia and Mei Ling were the lucky ones..."

The women could feel the van begin to move, only to stop a minute later.
Zoe Gallagher,[b]Zoe[/b] is stunned for 4 more minutes, including this one. However, at this point she may talk to the others in the back of the van, though she cannot take any other action until the effects of the tear gas wear off fully.
In the pickup truck-
"I hate to say it, Mutt," said Doc, "but she's right. I don't like losing Spike either, but he's already gone."

Mutt nodded grimly and pressed down the accelerator, leaving Spike behind. "Yeah, you're right," he said. "At least he'll help cover our escape." Ghost followed behind him in the van. Spike walked after them, but couldn't keep up, and the zombies began to converge on him once the vehicles got far enough away. Both vehicles rounded the corner of the building before the dead reached him, so they did not see his grisly end.

Both vehicles drove around to the front of the building and along a dirt road crossing the compound to the southeast. No more zombies were visible. They seemed to have all been drawn after Spike. The perimeter fence came into view ahead, and the pickup truck came to a halt just within it, in front of a closed gate next to a small sentry hut. The van stoppeed behind it. On the outside of the gate, all along the perimeter, dead bodies lay still. "Deadeye, get the gate open and let's hit the road!" called Mutt.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Fuck me! I've screwed up, so bad. Alicia is dead, and it was me that blew her brains out," Zoe says in despair.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"So what's the plan?" Sally asked? "Maybe the folks at the diner and motel are still holding up?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the van-
"You tried to save her," said Raquel. "Nobody blames you, Zoe."

Lara nodded. It took a moment for her to realize that nobody could see her gesture in the dark. "It was that bastard Jeff's fault," she said. "I'm so sorry about what he did to you, Zoe. I wish we'd gotten there sooner. Alicia told us to shoot, remember?" She held back a sob. "I miss her too."

The van then began moving again.

In the pickup truck-
"Maybe they're still alive there," said Mutt as Deadeye got out of the van and ran into the gatehouse. "Maybe they're not. If they are, they're liable to shoot at us again if we go back that way. If not, there's really nothing for us there." The gate began to slide open.

"Then where do we go?" asked Doc.

"North. More open areas and less people in that direction. We need to stay away from cities. It's worst in the cities." Mutt began to drive forward down the road once the gate had opened wide enough.

Deadeye returned to the van and got back in, and then Ghost drove after the pickup truck.

"Okay," said Doc. "But do you have a destination in mind? It's going to be dark soon."

Mutt nodded. "Once we put enough distance between us and the worm, we'll find a place to hole up for the night. Then in the morning we can continue. There's a group up in Montana, the Aryan Brotherhood. Horst has had contact with them before. They've got a couple of hundred members, or at least they did before all this started. Their compound is well fortified, and they have plenty of ammo, food, water, and supplies, so they should be able to hold out. I expect we'll get there by tomorrow evening. Once we arrive, we'll join up with them."

The pickup truck and van followed the road southeast, leaving the PMS compound behind forever. Soon they reached a junction with another dirt road leading north and south. The road they were on did not continue any further.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Lara, Raquel, thank you for saying it, about Alicia. The truth is I hoped to save my miserable self after Jeff died, God rot him. If I get a second chance... , there is nothing left for me now," Zoe cries.

"Anybody have the faintest idea about what is going on?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

"No," whispered Katarina. "I lie to men. I be..." She frowned, trying to find the words. "They trust. I lie good. I'm sorry I not help better."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe comments tiredly to Katarina, "All men are beasts, I've said it before, but not to you. Biologically it is true, and take just one step away from our civilised world... well, that is all a man has to do to return to the jungle - survival of the fittest and all that. However, this crew are particularly loathsome!"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"I'm not sure I like the idea of heading to another compound" Sally said. "I'd say your compound was pretty damn fortified, but it didn't matter much to those worms, did it?"
Sally sat, thinking. Finally she said, "Hmm.. I just don't know."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the van-
The women felt the van make a sharp left turn.

"Sally and Doc said the dead are rising," said Lara. "After what we saw outside...maybe it's true. It's like some horror movie." She wept as well. "I'm finished too. Once we get where we're going, Mutt will kill me, and he'll take his time doing it."

"Don't give up," said Raquel. "There's not as many of them left now. Maybe...maybe we still have a chance."

The van came to a halt after another minute or so.

In the pickup truck-
Mutt turned the wheel hard to the left, driving around the sharp bend. The van followed a short distance behind. "I've never seen their compound," he said, "but from what Horst said it's a lot better equipped than ours was, and they have a lot more people than we did. Plus, we'll be far, far away from those damn worms."

After a minute or so of travel, what looked like a cracked-open, giant green eggshell came into view up ahead beyond a stopped car that blocked the dirt road. Sally recognized the shell as one of the meteorites - it looked just like the one she had seen near the campsite. The car's windows were down, and the engine was still running. On the passenger side was the body of a woman, lying in the mud beside the road. It had been ripped to shreds very brutally. Mutt slammed on the brakes and stopped the truck. The van stopped behind it.
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], roll Sanity for seeing the body. Sanity loss is 1/1d4+1. If you lose 5, it only counts as 4 in this case since you've already lost 1 Sanity for seeing a mangled corpse recently. Also, roll Spot Hidden and Know.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”