IC-SWORD-Planet Terror(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Planet Terror(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the pickup truck-
The road was clear in both directions. Mutt turned left at the intersection, heading into the sun, and the van followed. After another mile or so, another crossroads loomed ahead. A road heading north and south intersected this one.

In the van-
"Si, you right," said Raquel. She slipped the handcuffs loosely back onto her wrists so that she could slip out of them at will. The van turned left around a corner.

"Escape not enough," said Lara bitterly. "They must die."

"No, too dangerous," said Raquel. "We just have to get away from them." She lay down on the floor of the van, trying to rest during the bumpy ride. Everything that had happened today was overwhelming, even considering what she had been through in the months leading up to it. She began to cry again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

"How far until we reach the other compound?" Sally asked from the passenger seat?
She stared blankly off into the distance, thinking of how best to get out of this situation.... she couldn't let them get to the other compund. Once there, there would be no escape.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Zoe remarks, "Yes, Lara, they deserve death.
"Raquel, our nightmare will end badly, I've no doubt; I long to take 'em with me when I die!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the pickup truck-
"It's around 500 miles away," said Mutt. He turned right at the intersection, heading north along a deserted road. The van kept following. "That's too far to make it on a full tank of gas, so we'll need to refuel at some point along the way. We'll probably only get another 25 miles or so before it gets dark, and we'll be spending a lot of tomorrow on the road. We should arrive late tomorrow afternoon if we're lucky, but there could be unexpected delays."

"If we stick to the back roads and avoid cities, we should be fine," said Doc. "So far we haven't run across anything hostile."

For the moment there was nothing Sally could do but wait and watch. So far she had maintained her cover, but how long could she keep up the masquerade? There would be opportunities to do something, perhaps when they stopped for the night, but she knew she was right. Once they reached the other compound, she would be trapped. With just a few skinheads, she had some hope, but what could she do among hundreds? She also knew that whatever she was going to do, she would only get one chance at it. Once she made her move, she could not afford to fail. If things went awry, she could end up dead - or locked in the van with the other women. The horror of the day was sinking in for her, but the horrors of the night still lay ahead.

In the van-
"I wanted to die, back there," said Raquel as the van made a right turn. "I tried to run for those...those things, so they would eat me. I thought that would be better than whatever's in store for me. Maybe I should have..."

"Don't say that," said Lara. "I don't want to die. We will kill them, yes, but they will not kill us."

"But what chance do we have?"

Nobody replied. Katarina hadn't said a word in a while, but there was no question that she was deep in thought, as was Zoe. Their situation seemed hopeless, but the women drew some satisfaction from the fact that the skinheads had taken losses, and there were now just a few of them. Maybe there was still a chance, a glimmer of hope. Mei Ling and Alicia were dead too, however, and without their help their prospects were bleaker. They had gotten out of the compound with their lives, but they were only trading one terrible prison for another. Soon it would be night, and unknown terrors lay ahead. But after everything they had been through, they at least had the comfort that things couldn't possibly get any worse...could they?
OOC,Congratulations on surviving Chapter 4! I'm leaving this thread unlocked, so [b]Sally[/b] can talk to [b]Doc[/b] (and [b]Mutt[/b]) if she wants, and [b]Zoe[/b] and [b]Katarina[/b] can talk to each other as well as [b]Raquel[/b] and [b]Lara[/b]. There won't be any dice rolling until Chapter 5 begins, which should be in early September. The other sections will need a little more time to finish up, but I expect them to be done in early August. Good luck in Chapter 5: Dead of Night - you're going to need it! :twisted:
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

OOC,Chapter 5: Escape to freedom! :roll:
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You nearly escaped in Chapter 4. If that tear gas grenade throw hadn't gone wrong, you probably could have all slipped out while the other skinheads were busy fighting the worm. You would still have had to get past [b]Spike[/b], and then there were the zombies out in the compound, but it would have been possible for [b]Zoe[/b] to hotwire a vehicle in time to get away even if you didn't grab [b]Mutt[/b]'s keys. There will be other chances coming up in Chapter 5.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The story continues in the Sword section of Chapter 5, found on the links below. [b]Sally[/b] is moving to the following thread.
The Road to Hell
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], [b]Raquel[/b], [b]Katarina[/b], and [b]Lara[/b] are moving to the following thread.
The Lockbox
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”