IC-OMAHA-Victory?(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Victory?(Everyone)

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Before we go home, Ali, we have to find the safest and best way to get there. Even if the EMP worked, we don't know that the entire city is safe."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That's right, [b]Jerry[/b] doesn't know about the EMP yet.
In the special projects lab-
"I've got my bike out in front of the school, Father," said Ali. "If you can't find one of your own or get a ride, I can always pedal slowly so you can keep up."

"I'll go with you, Erica," said Lucy. She left the lab. "I hope you don't mind that I let Tariq borrow your Grease gun. Unlike me, he actually knows how to use it."

"That's fine," said Erica. She nodded to Tariq before heading off. "Just make sure you give it back when I ask for it."

In the science lab-
"Yes, I'm sure," Stephanie told Emilio before he left. "Walls won't stop an EMP. Only shielding capable of stopping electromagnetic radiation can keep its effects out. That means lead, very thick concrete, perhaps the ground, and aluminum foil. Even the slightest gap, and the pulse will get through."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko

-Is the effect of the EMP permanent? Should't we tell to the others to destroy as soon as possible the deads who entered the school? So if the aliens find some way to reanimate them, they would't be able to return to non life.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"That sounds good," says Tariq to his son.

"We'll try to run down and get your mother. If we are attacked by anything, you can use the bicycle to get away while I deal with it," he points to the Grease gun, "and then come back when the dust clears. Go get your bike now and I'll meet you in front of the school."

As soon as Ali runs out for his bike, Tariq turns to adress everyone in the room.

"I'm heading to my house a few blocks away, where I have useful supplies, including more guns and ammo. If anyone wants to come with me I wouldn't mind the help. My wife is at home, and I don't know if she is alright, so I would appreciate someone with medical experience. Either way, I'm leaving now as fast as I can."

he then runs out of the room after Ali, headed for the front of the school.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin said, "Good Miss now that your ok we need to clear the basement of Charlie. Follow me!" He began walking for the doors.

In the girls Locker Room:

Darnell tried to think of something but the smell of LaTanya mingled with the smell of many girls perfumes made him horney and he sat down on a bench overwhelmed.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Spot Hidden in the crafts room,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2166753/]Spot Hidden (25%) (1d100=83)[/url] - fail
Donald was tossing the hammers, screwdrivers, wire and batteries into the wheelbarrel, then looked around for anything else that might be useful. Failing that, he thought about some adhesive that might be necessary, so he started looking around for duct tape.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

In the stairwell-
Rachel
comments, "The lights went off, so the EMP has worked! Time to get back to the lab." She heads upstairs, taking two steps at a time.
Keith watches Rachel leave, "Huh, prissy bitch!" he whispers. His stomach feels hollow and begins to rumble, "I'm going back to the kitchen," he shouts after Rachel; but she doesn't reply.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the girls' locker room-
LaTanya had a sudden burst of inspiration and pulled Darnell to his feet. "Darnell, get your ass offa that bench!" she said. "There's a wall here, so all we gotta do is follow along it and we'll find the exit!" She took his hand and felt her way along the wall. Soon the two of them found their way back into the hall outside the locker rooms, which was equally dark.

In the locker room hall-
LaTanya and Darnell emerged from the locker room into the hall outside. "Okay," said LaTanya. "We know we can get upstairs the way we came, around the corner to the right. That leads back up to the gym. The problem is that we don't know what's going on up there. If we go left from here, we can cut through the pool area and reach the main stairs. The generator is also that way."

In the north stairwell, basement-
Declan tried to light his flashlight, but nothing happened. "Dammit," he muttered. "Guess I'll have to work blind." He returned the useless flashlight to his toolbox and shoved his way through the door and into the darkened hallway.

In the basement hall-
Declan couldn't see a thing, so he felt his way along the west wall, knowing that the door to the generator room would be the first one.

In the cafeteria-
"Actually, my favorite movie is 'Wall Street,'" said Sharon Kaplan, still a little bewildered. "Come on, let's go see if there's anyone else around down here." She went with Jerry, Alvin, and Murray through the double doors leading to the east hall.

In the east hall, ground floor-
Jerry, Alvin, Murray, and Sharon emerged from the cafeteria and into the hall. The corpse of Jacob Marley lay in the pool of blood where it had fallen, but the hall was otherwise empty. To the right, it went back to the lobby. To the left, it led to the east stairwell. It was barricaded, so there was no way to get upstairs through it.

In the workshop-
Donald did find a roll of duct tape and added it to the contents of the wheelbarrow. After a careful search, he was satisfied that he had found everything of use in the workshop.

In the north hall, ground floor-
Keith emerged from the stairs on his way to the kitchen, passing Miguel as he at last finished clearing his jammed pistol. "I heard the good news," said Miguel. "I'm going to go look around upstairs. I'll catch up with you later. Hey, as long as you're going to the kitchen, can you snag me some grub?" He headed through the door into the stairwell.

"I'll go find Donald," said Megan as she emerged from the stairs and into the hall.

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Lawrence Adler, Kate Wheeler, Chuck Lubachek, and Tiny went upstairs with Rachel. Amelia went by them on her way down.

"Roy, why don't you lie down here so the doc and nurse can finish looking at you," said Coach Moore. "You shouldn't be climbing stairs in your condition if you don't have to."

Roy nodded and rested on the landing while Michelle tried to treat his fractured ribs, but she only caused him more pain. Dr. Smith quickly stepped in and undid the damage.

In the special projects lab-
"I'll go with you," said Kyle. He rose and, with Ali, followed Tariq out into the hall.

"Me too," said Lori, following close behind.

Dr. Hausmann and Dr. Somerville also left the lab.

In the north hall, upper floor-
"We'll need to use the north stairs to go down," Ali said to Tariq, Lori, and Kyle. "The other stairways are barricaded. We could use a fire escape, but that'll take longer." He led the way into the stairwell. Dr. Hausmann and Dr. Somerville went the other way, where they met Emilio at the intersection of the hallways. Erica, Lucy, Elijah, and Adam rounded the corner ahead of them into the northeast hall.

In the northeast hall, upper floor-
"It should be permanent unless something reanimates them," said Adam. "Even if that happens, which it shouldn't thanks to the signal we transmitted, I've got the EMP device set to generate a continuous pulse, so they'd be knocked right back down again as long as it stays in working order. It uses vacuum tubes and other older, sturdier technology to prevent it from frying itself. But you're right, the bodies do need to be burned. It's unsanitary to have them lying around. I just hope there are enough people still alive in the city to handle all that."

"It's going to be hard to adjust to not having electricity," said Elijah. "It's going to get cold and dark at night. We'll need to light fires, and use candles and torches."

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
Ali, Kyle, Lori, and Tariq entered from the hall as the principal, Rachel, Chuck, Tiny, and Kate Wheeler came up from downstairs.

"Where are you taking him?" asked Kate, looking at Kyle.

On the roof-
Dr. Saunders continued to monitor the EMP device.

In the science lab-
"Well, let's get to work," said Dr. Singh. He pulled back the sheet and began inspecting the body, lifting the dead woman's limbs and letting them fall. "Yes, she's clearly been dead for hours."

"I got that just from the smell," said Stephanie, wrinkling her nose. "Rigor mortis has clearly set in too."

Chester Johnson joined them and assisted them admirably.

"This is so cool," said Diana, though the adults' work was somewhat over her head. Still, she was always eager to learn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Should be a chemistry lab, probably on this same floor... right? If it's this floor or higher, that's where Donald's going next.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That would be the general science lab, and it's upstairs. That's where [b]Stephanie[/b], [b]Dr. Singh[/b], [b]Chester Johnson[/b], and [b]Diana[/b] are conducting a zombie autopsy. You can return to the hall this round, but it will take you a little time to get up there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Keith says, "No probs. Miguel, I'll see what I can rustle up." He jogs toward the Lobby.
Rachel asks, "A problem with the boy, Kate?", indicating Kyle and looking questioningly at Ali, Tariq and Lori.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald considered where else he could gain some weapons. He knew he could probably get some broom handles out of some of his closets, and he knew that the science lab might have some acid that could be put into bottles and used as grenades. So he started heading back into the hallway to continue his weapons search.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Handy:
Spoiler:
Upper floor map is AWOL, update going on?
Meeting the two doctors, Emilio waves to where he came from and says, "The sample is over there... Are you two all right?" Things start to wind down to a more normal state for Emilio, walking the corridors. Task at hand. No more monsters to bash. Only things to fix. I´ll let the army do the killing and the doctors the mending. I´ll stick to repairing stuff.
After the run in with the doctors, he´ll continue down, hopefully to connect with Declan.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No, I haven't updated the maps since I first posted them. They all loaded fine for me. If one doesn't load, try right-clicking the red X and then select Show Picture.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Handy:
Spoiler:
Nope, doesn´t work. Only the basement and the ground floor are shown. Clicking the red cross shows nothing, but the cross becomes text, image. Not a big problem this. I checked in both Firefox and IE.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Maps,I see them fine. They're all at Imageshack, but look to be hosted on separate servers. Could be a problem with the path between.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Locker Room Hall:
Darnell said, "Baby lets go left. Follow me. Hold onto my hand or other parts of my body."

East Hall, Ground Floor:
Alan said, "I guess right is the only way we can go. Lets go find our missing men that Charlie captured"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Handy:
Spoiler:
The upper level has reappeared :D . Strange things happen out there....
TVblog

Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq does not slow down, but does talk to the principal, Rachel, Chuck, Tiny, and Kate Wheeler.

"I am heading to my house nearby, where I have supplies and guns. I need to know if my wife is oka. If any of you want to come along, I would appreciate the help and I have some spare firearms I could lend. Ali, my son, is coming with me. I did not talk to them about it yet, but I think these students decided to accompany me. It is their own decision."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the north stairwell, upper floor-
"Former student, actually," said Lori.

"You can go with him and his son," said Kate. "I can't go with; I have too many things to take care of right here. But Kyle here is in custody. I can't allow you to take him with you. He needs to be locked up in one of the detention cells in the security office."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”