IC-OMAHA-Victory?(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-OMAHA-Victory?(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 4:39 PM Central Time - Brooks High School, Omaha, Nebraska
In the locker room area-
"Okay," said LaTanya with a grin. "Teresa designed the uniforms. She's got a great career ahead of her in fashion. Wait here, I'll be back in a couple minutes." LaTanya went into the girls' locker room.

In the auditorium-
Declan was already rushing the other zombie. "You lunkheads should have known better than to mess with an angry Irishman!" he yelled, winding up his fist. He punched it in the head, cracking its skull wide open. "Yeah! Let's go get drunk!" He looked at the two open doorways. "Hmm, guess that'll have to wait. We'd better do something about those first."

In the east hall, ground floor-
After Donald left through the door into the cafeteria, Michelle broke down weeping. She closed her eyes against the tears, pressed the pistol's barrel to her head, and shot herself in the temple. She collapsed to the floor, barely conscious.

In the construction area-
"Absolutely right, Jerry," said Principal Adler. "We have to barricade this exit. Everyone back inside!"

"Come on, Roy!" called the coach. "You're on injured reserve now. Darnell will have to dump the Gatorade on my head, but you sure can be there."

Adler went back in behind Kate, Murray, and Coach Moore, quickening his pace when he heard the shot from within. He and the coach pulled Sharon with them, leaving Roy standing alone amidst the carnage.

In the kitchen-
Becky and Rachel heard the gunshot from back the way they had come right after they entered the kitchen. Kate and the others hurried back inside from the construction area.

In the cafeteria-
Donald stopped in his tracks when he heard the gunshot behind him. Dr. Bernard Smith spun on his heel and ran back into the east hall, along with Chuck Lubachek and Tiny.

In the special projects lab-
"Well, we hope so," said Stephanie to Tariq, typing rapidly on the laptop's keyboard. "What we're doing won't solve everything right away, but it's a necessary first step. Otherwise, humanity would be doomed. Once I finish this I'll be able to transmit a signal into space that should stop the dead from reanimating. The dead that have already risen will still be up, but at that point an EMP will be able to put them down for good. We can save not only ourselves, but all of Omaha. Then we'll be able to do something about the rest of the world."

Ali emerged from the crowd and ran over to Tariq, hugging his father. "I'm so relieved you're all right, father!" he said. "You hear that? We're going to be all right! Mom's going to be all right!"

"Hmph!" said Dr. Singh, working on his own computer. "Sending messages to aliens who may or may not believe them isn't going to save the world, it's my biological research that will win the day!" He looked over at Dr. Hausmann and Dr. Somerville. "Er, I mean our biological research."

"In the long term, yes," said Stephanie, "but only if we pull this off first. Otherwise we won't survive long enough to complete your research, Dr. Singh. I'm just finishing up now. It should only be another minute or so. I've almost got it, I'm so close!"

Dr. Hausmann took the lead and bandaged Kyle's ribs, mending much of the damage. "Ja, he will be fine," she said. "The ribs are not truly broken, just minor fractures." Kyle slowly regained consciousness and took in his surroundings. Dr. Liz Somerville was able to help him further, also doing an excellent job. Dr. Helene Saunders only got in the way when she tried to treat the bruise on his head.

On the roof-
Megan also began to patrol the roof, walking in the opposite direction. She frowned when she saw something below while peering over the edge. "Two of the auditorium doors have been smashed open!" she said. "I don't see any walking corpses around, so I'm guessing they already got inside."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Victory?(Everyone)

Post by kabukiman »

-Another creature? Coach take a group and take care of the menace, I'l stay here to secure this place as quickly as possible.

OOC: What can Jerry do to barricade the place?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,There are tables in the kitchen and other heavy objects that can be used to barricade the open doorway. Roll STR x 5. If someone else helps you, you can combine your STR scores. If your STR scores total 20 or more, success is automatic, but roll anyway. A good enough success means that it will take less time to build the barricade.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Hey, Declan! Hold up! I´ll grab this heap of flesh and tug it out the doors to the corridor." Emilio grabs the dead form of what once had been a girl by the feet and drags it towards the doors they just entered. "We´ll better barricade the corridor doors. There are too many exits from the auditorium!" He checks if there are any benches they could use to prop up the corridor doors with. "Come on Declan! Let´s get this sample to the labs!"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Any volunter to help Jerry?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald turns about, shocked at how close the gunshot was, and dashed back out to the east hall, where he saw Michelle's condition. He shook his head and said "I guess I gave the wrong pep talk." He reached down to relinquish the pistol from the girl before anyone else claimed it. After all, some bastard stole his chainsaw.
ooc,If it's needed... [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2076521/]Sanity (59%) (1d100=65)[/url]
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Squidcorp »

The close gunshot made Becky jump before she could even think of a reply to Rachel. She spun and pointed back the way they had just come. "It was right back there!"
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Seeing nothing on her own survey, Julianne runs to join Megan overlooking the auditorium doors.

"Oh God I didn't see that!"

She squeezes Megan's arm,

"Do you see anything else approaching from the fence? I have to go warn everyone I can find!"
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Roy limps and then breaks into a painful trot to keep up with Coach and the others as they chase down the unexpected gunshot.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

"I'll lend a hand, Jerry, tell me what to do."
"Dammit! There is something happening behind us."
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq is relieved to see his son.

"Ali! I'm very glad you're safe. Please tell me that you weren't involved in any of the awful things some of the students here have been doing."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

In the Kitchen:
Alvin said to Jerry, " I will help you sir."

In the locker room hallway:

Darnell said, "Uhh no. I think we should keep an eye on each other since we are not sure what is what anymore. I am coming in there." He entered the girls locker room and looked around.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Since we are 3 to combine the str, I think it's better that you do the roll Mr Handy...
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq suddenly turns his head from his son and adresses the scientists.

"I would think about what you are doing first. I hope you have a way to reverse it in case there are unintended consequences."

Then he turns back to his son.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Hoping for the exit doors to remain free of further intrusion, Emilio tugged at the feet of the corpse. Shouting towards the kitchen area, he screams when he get out the corridor, "I´ve got one here. Taking it up to the labs. Need some help - we have multiple breaches in the auditorium. We have to secure the doors of the corridor!"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the girls' locker room-
Darnell and LaTanya walked through the locker room and looked around. Everything was exactly as they remembered it the last time they had been in there, and nobody was in either the locker or shower area. Now that the power had been restored, the lights were on again.

"Looks clear," said LaTanya. "Watch the door while I go change." She opened up her locker.

In the auditorium-
Declan helped Emilio with the woman's body, and together they were easily able to carry it out into the hall.
OOC,There are no benches. There are rows of individual seats much like in a movie theater, but the seats are bolted to the floor.
In the north hall, ground floor-
Emilio and Declan emerged into the hall through the double doors. "I'm not sure what we can barricade the auditorium doors off with," he said, "but that's a better idea than trying to block off the two broken ones. We could slide a metal bar or something through the handles, but that won't hold for long. Maybe we can drag out some tables and heavy equipment from my shop classroom. The door's right over there." He gestured at it with his chin. "I'm just glad we got that generator up and running again, or there'd be tons of 'em coming through those doors right now!"

In the kitchen-
Jerry, Keith, and Alvin all got to work moving the huge kitchen table to try to block off the exit. It was slow going, but they were managing. Roy came back inside as Lawrence Adler, Ron Moore, and Kate ran through the open doorway into the cafeteria, leaving Sharon and Miguel behind.
OOC,It will take another four minutes to finish barricading the exit. Only two of you are needed, so one of you could go do something else.
In the east hall, ground floor-
"Michelle!" cried Dr. Smith, kneeling next to her and opening up his black bag. "Why?"

"It's no use," she muttered weakly. "We're all dead anyway..."

"Don't you say that!" He applied pressure to the wound to stop the bleeding. "We're going to beat this! The fence is powered, and we've taken out the few that managed to get through it before the juice came back on. And the world will be saved too. Those scientists I rode in with, they're the best there is and they're working on the problem right now."

"No, it's too late...we're doomed..." She held tightly onto the pistol, but at least he was able to remove the bullet and sew up the wound very well.

Chuck and Tiny stood to the side, watching.
OOC,There's no need for a Sanity roll. She's very much alive - and conscious. As such, she isn't letting go of the gun. [b]Donald[/b], if you want to try to take it away by force, roll Grapple. The base skill is 25%. She will be have a chance to resist even if you succeed.
In the special projects lab-
"No, I had nothing to do with any of that, Father," said Ali. "I've been in here helping the scientists the whole time."

"Be careful with Kyle," said Heather. "He's, like, a total psycho!"

"No, it's not like that, you stuck-up bitch!" said Kyle. "It didn't happen like you think!"

Dr. Hausmann bandaged Kyle's head while Dr. Somerville kept working on his ribs.

"But you had those guns! You, like, totally tried to shoot people, you little creep!"

"No, I wasn't going to go through with it. There were only certain people I was mad at, people who deserved it. I wasn't going to hurt anyone else, and in the end I decided I wasn't going to hurt anyone. I was going to my locker to get the guns to help defend the school, but that bully Roy McCrumb followed me. I tried to get him to leave me alone, but you know what he's like. He threatened me with his baseball bat and forced me to open the locker. He was going to beat the crap out of me. I was defending myself when I shot at him."

"But you shot at Miguel too!" said Diana.

"Only after he shot me." Kyle indicated the graze wound from the 9mm bullet. "What was he doing with a gun, huh?"

"No, Roy McCrumb is a hero!" said Teresa. "Right, Kelly?"

Kelly shook her head. "No, he's not," she said, staring at her feet. "I used to think so, but he is a big bully. He hurts people."

"You can't undo sending a message," said Stephanie, typing faster than ever now, "but it's not going to make things any worse, and I think it's our only hope. You have no idea what we went through to get to this point. Actually using the EMP device, now that would have drastic consequences, and those are irreversible. We can protect the laptops and other small electronic equipment by using Faraday cages - wrapping them thoroughly in aluminum foil will prevent any pulse from affecting them. This huge thing would be fried, though." She glanced at the communications equipment before returning her full attention to the keyboard. "Eureka!" she cheered, her voice full of excitement. "I've got it, Brigetta! I've finally cracked the code!"

"Wunderbar!" exclaimed Dr. Hausmann. "I knew you could do it, Stephanie. Helene, go to the transmitter. We can handle Kyle."

Dr. Saunders nodded and rushed over to the communications gear.
OOC,Anyone in the lab may roll Psychology. The base skill is 5%.
On the roof-
"There are hundreds of them all around the school," said Megan. "Some of them are approaching the fence, and a few are even hitting it, but it's working and zapping them when they do. Whatever they did to fix the generator worked. It's the ones already inside that we have to worry about."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

In the Kitchen:

Alvin continued to help barricade the door.

In the girls locker Room:

Darnell moved up behind LaTanya and kissed her on her neck while letting his hands move to her belly. "I want to feel my baby kick." he grinned.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Cafeteria

Becky sees Lawrence, Kate and Coach Moore entering from the kitchen followed by Roy. She brandishes her shotgun to indicate her readiness to fight monsters,

"They all dead in there? I mean... dead, dead?"
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Roof

Julianne nods, and winks involuntarily, "Right. I'll warn the others about the gym... and see what else I can learn inside."

She runs back to the stairs and heads for the special projects lab.
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Cafeteria

Roy enters from the kitchen and continues following his coach, eyes fixed on the back of the man's head, as if anxiously awaiting orders.

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”