IC-OMAHA-Victory?(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Victory?(Everyone)

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

This makes Tariq stop.

"Why is Kyle in custody? What legal authority has arrested him? I found him knocked unconscious and left helpless by his peers, and brought him to medical aid."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the basement hall-
Declan paused outside the door to the generator room as he heard movement from the swimming pool area. He turned around and went through the door to the pool instead.

In the locker room hall-
"Darnell, don't you ever think of anything else?" asked LaTanya. Taking his hand, she felt her way along the north wall until they reached the door to the pool area and went through.

In the pool area-
Darnell and LaTanya made their way north of the pool as Declan entered from the west side. "Who's there?" he called.

"Declan, it's just me and Darnell!" shouted LaTanya.

"What are you two kids doing down here? Never mind, I've got a pretty good idea. Come on over and I'll lead you out of here."
OOC,[b]Darnell[/b], roll Luck.
In the east hall, ground floor-
Murray, Jerry, and Sharon followed Alvin into the lobby.

In the north hall, ground floor-
Donald emerged from the workshop to see Megan Petrovich walking down the hall to the lobby. She glanced back as she went by. "Donald, the EMP worked!" she said. "Once it went off, all of the zombies just fell down and stayed that way. The principal said it's safe to clean up now if you really want to, but you've earned a break and can feel free to take one." She continued into the lobby with Keith. Amelia entered from the stairwell.

In the lobby-
Alvin and the others entered the lobby from the east, and Megan and Keith entered from the north. She told them the same news she had given Donald. "Is there anyone else down here?" she asked.

The front entrance was still barricaded. The door to the security office was wide open, but the door to the janitor's supply closet was closed and locked. Jerry had the keys, as did Donald. The hall continued to the west on the other side of the lobby, leading to the nurse's and principal's office, as well as the west stairwell (which was also barricaded). The hall also branched off to the north.

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
"This legal authority," said Kate, tapping her badge with her free hand. "I didn't abandon him; I had to go deal with a breach in the kitchen to make sure that we didn't all end up dead. Thank you for finding him and getting him treatment. As to when he was arrested, I'm doing that right now. Kyle Rogers, you are under arrest for the attempted murder of Roy McCrumb and Miguel Garcia, as well as unlawful possession of firearms, and other charges are sure to follow. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed for you by the courts. Do you understand these rights as I have read them to you?"

"Yeah, but it was self-defense!" protested Kyle.

"You don't have to say anything," said Lori. "Officer, I know you're busy. Can't you leave him with us? We'll make sure he doesn't run off."

Kate nodded. "You're right, I don't have time to deal with him at the moment. Thanks. You and Tariq can take him down to the detention cells and lock him up. Jerry has the keys. Rachel, I need a word with you in the lab. Let's go." Without waiting for a reply, she went through the door to the hall with Rachel. Chuck and Tiny went with Principal Adler into the hall after that, and Emilio entered the stairwell from that direction.

"Come on," said Lori. She went downstairs with Kyle, Tariq, and Ali. Miguel arrived from below.

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Amelia went through the door and into the hall.

Miguel went upstairs, and Tariq, Ali, Lori, and Kyle arrived from above.

"You!" growled Roy as he lay on the floor, glaring at Kyle.

"Relax, he's in custody," said Lori, holding Kyle's arm.

"Relaxing is very good advice," said Dr. Smith, bandaging Roy's ribs and easing his pain a little. Michelle, however, was still distracted and reopened an old wound when she tried to help. "Dammit! I'm just useless."

"Don't say that," said Ron Moore. "Just take a breather, sit on the bench, and then get back up and out there." He tried to stop the fresh bleeding without success, but Becky managed it.

On the roof-
Dr. Saunders maintained her vigil.

In the north hall, upper floor-
"Hey, ma!" called Chuck. "Come over here! We need to give the principal our bill!" Emily emerged from the lab and joined her son.

Kate and Rachel turned left and went into the special projects lab, while Principal Adler, Chuck, Emily, and Tiny went through the door on the right into the empty science classroom. Dr. Hausmann and Dr. Somerville rounded the corner to the left, heading for the science lab.

In the northeast hall, upper floor-
Erica, Lucy, Adam, and Elijah entered the science lab where the autopsy was underway. Michiko was close behind. Looking back, she saw the two female doctors coming.

In the science lab-
"Hey, Steph, you did it!" called Erica as she entered.

"Oh, hi, Erica!" said Stephanie, looking up from the corpse.

"It was amazing! You should have seen it. As soon as Adam pushed the button, the dead fell over - for good. You saved us all!" Erica ran over and hugged her, singing. "For she's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good fellow-"

"Which nobody can deny!" added Adam. "I knew you could do it, Stephanie! Mind if I cut in, Erica?" She stepped aside, and he gave Stephanie a big hug too, patting her on the back.

"Ooh!" said Stephanie, surprised and blushing. "Oh, you guys! I didn't do this all myself, you know. Adam, you're the one who built the device."

"To your specifications, and at your suggestion. And anyway, I did it wrong. It was these two brilliant students who caught my mistake and fixed it." He indicated Elijah and Michiko.

Lucy grinned. "I didn't do all that much," she said, "but I'm glad I was along for the ride. You rock, Stephanie!"

Diana nodded. "I'm going to be a scientist too when I get older," she said, "and thanks to you, I will!"

"People, let's not jump to conclusions," said Dr. Singh. "We don't know whether the transmission had any effect."

"Aw, don't rain on the lady's parade," said Adam. "Are you always like this?"

"Humph!"

"Well, you certainly made the right career choice," Chester said to Diana, "and you've got a fine role model right here." He smiled at Stephanie.

In the special projects lab-
After Emily left, Kate and Rachel entered. Kate closed the door and lowered her voice. "The immediate crisis has passed," said Kate when she was sure the Lubacheks were out of earshot, "but we still have problems that need sorting out. One of those problems is Chuck Lubachek. He's a suspect in a murder, and we've got an eyewitness who saw him do it."

"Like, who'd he kill?" asked Heather.

"A man named Jacob Marley." Kate looked sadly at Doug and Lisa. "I'm sorry about your uncle. Rest assured that his killer will not escape justice."

"Damn right he won't!" said Doug furiously. "I and I am gonna tear him a new one!"

"Shh! Jacob was the first zombie to break into the school. He had been buried in the concrete foundation of the expansion being built for the school, and I believe ballistics tests will show that the bullets that originally killed him - probably a couple of nights ago - will match one of Lubachek's guns. I'm about to arrest him, but I'm going to need some backup. Rachel, I know this isn't really part of your job directly, but I'd appreciate it if you came with me. Right now, he is the greatest danger in this building. The principal has him in the science classroom across the hall, on the pretext of negotiating his payment for helping to repair the generator. We'll go right across and make the arrest."

"You can count on me," said Doug.

"Now, he does have a shotgun, a pistol, and a ferocious dog, and his mother is armed too. He may resist arrest-"

"I hope he does," said Doug, rubbing his hands.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko
-Thank you, I only made what it was asked me. And it was a brilliant insight of yours that alowed all this to happen.

Jerry
-So the situation is solved? Wow, we were lucky then. I wonder how the people in the city survived...
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq continues on, glad that Kyle and Lori are taking care of themselves. He did say he was not responsible for the students (and former students) following him, and he never promised to do anything. He just hopes he can get through the barricade at the front door and keep Ali safe in the process.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

The janitor nodded appreciatively to Megan, "EMP? Then it wasn't the generator failing... that's a relief."

Not having been part of the conversation about this EMP until after the fact, Donald couldn't help but wonder how such a thing could disable all of the zombies. He saw enough action movies to know an EMP is hazardous against electronics, but surely there was nothing electronic keeping the zombies going, was there? He decided to head on up to the science room to ask the experts and get more of an understanding. Since that room should also house any acid that he might be able to fashion into grenades, so much the better.
ooc,Is the power still off, or did it come back on after the pulse?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The power is still very much off.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

When Tariq proposed a trip to his home-
Rachel said to Tariq, "I would go with you, more weapons will be of use, however I have a duty here to guard the scientific personnel; I can not go."
Wondering what Kate intends, Rachel tags along in her wake.
In the lab-
"This Chuck sounds like a dangerous lunatic, one more problem, eh Kate?" says Rachel ruefully. "Of course I'm with you!"
Keith says to Megan, "You wanna eat, too? I am gonna construct the worlds biggest sandwich!"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Seeing Chuck when he enters the stairwell, Emilio stops and asks, "Hey, Chcuk, everything OK down there? I heard the walkers got fired by a electro mag pulse. Is that for real?" In passing the two men and the dog he explains, "I´m going down to verify the rumour and get the generator back on. Care to head down again, Chuck?" This is asked while heading down and the last bit is fired off over the shoulder.

Handy:
Spoiler:
Reading the other locations in this thread I gather Chad will decline and be in the process of picking up the tab and a warrant as Emilio hits the basement floor.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Knowing that so many people showed up the last time the generator went off, Donald decides to stick with his plan and prepare for the worst by making some acid grenades in the science lab.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

In the Pool Area:

Darnell could not see and did not want to fall into the pool but he took a chance in the dark holding onto LaTanya's hand.

In the Lobby:

Alvin tried to listen to see if he could hear anything downstairs but the crowd was too noisy and he did not hear a thing "I think we are clear down here. We need to get to higher ground so Lt. Garrison can get the Huey's in to lift us off. Follow my lead!" He started off to the nearest unbarricaded stairwell.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the pool area-
Darnell and LaTanya both made their way safely past the pool on the north side, maneuvering around the pool chairs that were against the wall and not slipping in a puddle of water on the ground. Declan approached the northwest corner of the pool but he misjudged its location and fell in with a loud splash! He managed to doggie paddle and stay above the surface. "I'm okay!" he called out. He made his way to the edge of the pool and hauled himself out, trying to shake himself dry. "This reminds me of that time back in Ireland when Jimmy O'Malley fell in the pond. Come on, you two, let's get you back upstairs where at least you can see. And I'm going to need a change of clothes." His wet hand gripped Darnell's, and the three of them made their way out of the door on the west side of the room, into the basement hall.

In the basement hall-
"The stairs are this way," said Declan, turning right.

In the lobby-
"Thanks, but I need to see if there's anyone else down here who doesn't know yet," Megan said to Keith. She went over to join Sharon, Alvin, Jerry, and Murray as they headed north.

"Best not to spoil your appetite anyway," said Amelia as she passed them on her way to the lobby. "We'll be having dinner soon enough, and it's going to be quite a feast!"

In the east hall, ground floor-
Keith once again walked past the dead man with dreadlocks on his way to the cafeteria doors.

In the north hall, ground floor-
Tariq, Ali, Lori, and Kyle entered from the stairwell as Jerry and the others arrived from the south.

"Where are you taking Kyle?" asked Sharon.

"Officer Wheeler left him with us," said Lori. "She's got something important to do, apparently."

Sharon nodded. "Jerry, go lock Kyle up in one of the detention cells. We can handle things from here."

"I don't know," said Lori. "Officer Wheeler might need your help upstairs, Jerry. Maybe you should just give us the keys."

On the roof-
Dr. Saunders took another look around the city. The plan appeared to have succeeded. Everything out there was still. Surely others must have survived, perhaps thousands of them. What will they do now? she wondered. How will they adjust to the lack of electical power after the pulse? How will we adjust?

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
"I need to work out our payment," Chuck had called after Emilio. "You go on ahead." Emilio headed downstairs, and Miguel headed into the hallway.

Emilio reached the landing where Dr. Smith was treating Roy. Below him, the basement was completely dark. Tariq, Ali, Lori, and Kyle left through the door to the hall, and Donald entered.

This time Dr. Smith was the one who accidentally reopened Roy's wound. Michelle stepped in and stopped the bleeding.

Roy groaned in pain. "This isn't working out so well," he muttered. "Maybe we should call it quits before you guys kill me."

In the science lab-
"You're very welcome," said Stephanie to Michiko. "And thank you for getting the EMP device working again."

Dr. Hausmann and Dr. Somerville entered the lab. "Excellent work, Stephanie!" said Dr. Hausmann. "I am very proud of you."

"Thanks, Brigetta. It means a lot to me to hear you say that. But you did most of the work. I only finished what you started, and it wouldn't have been possible without Erica and others protecting us."

"But you did finish it, and more than that. You found Mr. Foo and got him to fix the computer, and then you did some protecting of your own back at the motel, ja? You saved Mr. Foo and Ellen's lives."

"Well...I guess so."

Dr. Liz Somerville grinned as she came over and embraced her friend. "You did great, Stephanie, admit it," she said. "Don't you think you've done enough work for now? You've earned a break."

"It has been a long and exhausting day, Liz, but we have to finish this autopsy-"

"Dr. Singh and I can take care of that," said Dr. Hausmann. "You two ladies go take it easy. I'll be sure to tell you all the results."

"Amelia's going to make a big dinner for all of us," said Liz. "You weren't here at lunchtime, but she's an excellent chef."

In the special projects lab-
"Glad to hear it," Kate told Rachel, shaking her hand. "Let's do this." Doug followed both of them out into the hall.

"Be careful, Doug!" called Lisa.

In the north hall, upper floor-
Kate, Rachel, and Doug met Miguel as he came in from the stairs, gun in hand. "Need a hand, Officer?" asked Miguel.

Kate looked at him skeptically. "I don't know what you're doing with that gun in school," she said, "but you did help stop Kyle."

"I'll explain everything afterwards, in private. I'm on your side."

"Okay, then. I can use all the help I can get." With that, she led the four of them into the classroom. Doug went in last, taking out a handgun as he followed them inside.

In the science classroom-
"We still expect full payment for the repair work," said Emily Lubachek. "Just because the EMP knocked out the generator doesn't mean we didn't do our jobs."

"Of course," said Principal Adler. "Do you think you can get it working again?"

"Don't know," said Chuck. "Emilio's on his way down to check it out. I'll join him after. If you want it fixed a second time, you'll have to pay a second time."

"Understood. Now, let's get down to brass tacks."

Tiny growled when the door opened. Everyone turned to look as Kate, Rachel, Miguel, and Doug entered. All had guns drawn. "Charles Lubachek," said Kate. "You are under arrest for suspicion of the murder of Jacob Marley. Drop your weapons and come along peacefully."

Emily reached for her gun, but Chuck shook his head. "Don't worry, Ma, they'll never make this stick. I'm innocent and they can't prove otherwise."

"You killed my uncle!" shouted Doug. He pointed his pistol at Chuck and tightened his finger on the trigger.
OOC,[b]Rachel[/b], you may act before anyone else does anything.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Hang in there, guys. I´ll get the lights going, just need to get down there in one piece..." Emilio passes the triage on the stairwell and holds the rail leading down into the darkness. Down and through the doors. First right. He checks his pockets for the zippo, he kept leaving at the coffee table at the shop. Luckily, this wasn´t one of those days... He fished it up and pressed the button, shone the frail light and held it above his head not to destroy his vision in the relative darkness.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Krav Maga,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2181913/]Martial Arts 60% (1d100=49)[/url]
Rachel tries to disable Doug.

On his way to the kitchen-
Keith says "Suit yourself, Megan.
"Amelia, I shall be eating two meals then, I need it!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Rachel[/b], Martial Arts isn't something that is rolled against directly; it is used in conjunction with an unarmed attack mode. If you wanted to try to grab the gun, you would roll Grapple. You'd need one success to actually get hold of the gun and prevent him from firing, and then a second to wrest it away. Since you don't have points in Grapple and your base skill is only 25%, that's probably not what you wanted to do. Another way is to simply knock him unconscious. A Kick cannot normally be used for a knockout attack, but a Punch can. Your roll would be considered a Fist/Punch roll, and it counts as a success for both that and Martial Arts, since it's less than or equal to both. Your Martial Arts skill doubles the damage dice, but not the damage bonus. If this is what you're trying to do, roll damage, which is 2d3+1d4 in this case. Then you'll need to make a Resistance Table roll of the damage you caused against [b]Doug[/b]'s current HP, which is 14. You need to do at least 5 points of damage to even have a 5% chance of success. For every point of damage above 5 you cause, this increases your chance by another 5 percentiles. So, if you cause 8 damage, that gives you a 20% chance. If you do the maximum of 10 damage, that's a 30% chance. Roll against your chance on 1d100. If this knocks him out, he only takes 1/3 of the damage you rolled (rounded down) and is unconscious. If it fails, he takes full damage, but that may still be enough to knock him out. If you cause at least 7 damage (half of his current HP), he must make a CON x 5 roll to stay conscious. He has CON 14, so that gives him a 70% chance.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2182192/]Punch (2d3+1d4=8)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2182196/]Unconcious? 20% (1d100=12)[/url] Dice are good!
Rachel punches Doug.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald paused in the stairwell where Roy was being treated by Dr. Smith and Michelle. He said, "Is he going to be able to get up and around on his own? I can empty the wheel barrel out and let you use it if you need." He looked at the items within and figured he should be able to carry them with no help, even if he had to wrap them up in his shirt first.

If the group didn't require the wheelbarrel, donald nodded, grabbed both sides of the wheel barrel, and tried to climb up the stairs avoiding the portable hospital scene as best he could.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, thanks, I can walk," said Roy, climbing to his feet.
OOC,[b]Donald[/b], roll STR x 5 to see if you can carry the wheelbarrow upstairs. If you fail, you don't get anywhere this round.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

If there is anyone new in the hallway with the Tariq, he tells them about how he is heading to his home, where he needs to see if his wife is alright and where he has supplies including firearms. If not, he keeps going to the front door.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko:
-What are we suppose to do now? Does this laboratory have conditions to know how did the dead revived?

Jerry:

-They need me? What for? They did an excelent work before. I'l just lock this punk, and then I'l go upstairs.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Strength Check - succdeed,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2184260/]Strx5(65%) (1d100=50)[/url]
Donald hefts the wheelbarrel by both sides. It isn't easy... awkward and bulky as hell... but he manages and starts to climb up the stairs.

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”