IC-OMAHA-Victory?(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Victory?(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the special projects lab-
"It's not a semiautomatic," said Lucy. "That's what I thought too at first, but it turns out it's full auto only. Not easy to handle if you don't already know how. It's really Erica's gun, so I don't know if I should give it away - plus I don't want to be without a gun myself. But if you can find me a shotgun - or a rifle, I'm good with that too - and Erica says it's okay, we can trade."

"Thanks," said Kyle to Tariq. "I guess you didn't hear when I told Lori." He gave his story again.
OOC,[b]Tariq[/b] was present when [b]Kyle[/b] explained his side of what happened to both him and [b]Lori[/b] (see the update before last). If you want to try to convince [b]Lucy[/b] to part with the Grease gun now, roll Persuade. The base skill is 15%.
In the northeast hall, upper floor-
When Emilio kicked open the door, he saw that the lab was empty.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin paused to wipe some sweat off his brow and then continued to hum as he built the barricade.

Darryl said, "Well yeah the black guy gets it first but also the non virgin so I guess we are both screwed huh? Anyway eventually Kyle is going to wake up and come looking for vengence and I would rather be someplace where I can get the drop on that motherfucker. Down here is perfect unless you would rather be someplace else?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald shook his head in response to Kieth, "Won't be mad long as I get it back in one piece. Somethin' happens to it, it comes out of my check." Donald doubted the school would be so petty as to charge him for destroyed equipment what with all the mayhem going on, but if it served to get his chainsaw back in one piece ... so much the better. He started considering other objects he might be able to use as weapons within the school, anything he might be able to grab on his way up to the upper floors.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

He sighs and drags the corpse up to an examination slab and drags the deceased on to it. Hesitantly Emilio looks something to cover it with. It is rather ghastly. Then he pulls a pen from his utility belt and writes on a piece of paper - Sample as requested! Then he sticks the pen through the note, the sheet and the mid section of the corpse. "Hey, someone here?" he shouts and starts for the door to the corridor.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I heard that," Tariq replies, "but you didn't mention who you were angry at, or why. If you don't want to tell me, I won't bother you."

He turns away, hoping that his feigned disinterest will cause Kyle to explain, and says persuasivelyto Lucy, "I've handled similar submachine guns before. If you don't have any experience, using it would waste a lot of ammuntion. I'll keep my eyes open for shotguns or rifles - I think Kyle had one earlier and lost it - but we will all survive better if we stick to the weapons we know."

[spoiler-button],OOC: How much ammunition does the Grease gun have?[/spoiler-button]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
"I'm ready too," said Elijah eagerly.

"All right, then," said Adam. "Let's fire up the EMP!" He opened up a safety panel, revealing a big red button, and pressed it with the palm of his hand.

Megan stared wide-eyed as every zombie within sight suddenly collapsed on the spot and lay motionless on the ground. "It worked!" she exulted. At the same instant, all of the lights visible in nearby buildings also went out. The EMP did indeed appear to have worked, but it had come at a cost.

"Sweet!" cheered Erica. "I'm going back down to tell Steph the good news."

Dr. Saunders nodded. "We'll need to make sure this device remains operational at all times," she said. "If it fails, it will stop sending out the pulse. The dead that it has disrupted will probably stay down if it does, but any new corpses that moved into the area of effect would remain standing. I'll take a shift monitoring it now, Adam. You've done enough work, and you've done it well. You've earned a break."

"Thanks, Doc," said Adam. He tagged along with Erica. "I'd like to go see Stephanie too. Haven't really had a chance to talk to her. She's the one who really saved us. I may have built the machine, but it was her idea." He glanced back at Elijah and Michiko. "You kids coming?"

"Sure," said Elijah. He joined the others heading downstairs, and Megan went too.

In the girls' locker room-
"Well, when you put it that way," said LaTanya. She leaned against Darnell and kissed him.

At that moment, the lights went out, plunging the two of them into complete darkness. LaTanya broke off. "Not again!" she cried. "Now what?"

In the kitchen-
Jerry and Alvin finally finished barricading the kitchen exit. As they put the last touches on the blockade, the lights went out, but they could still see thanks to sunlight streaming in through the windows. Sharon whimpered in despair.

In the east hall, ground floor-
Miguel continued trying to clear his jammed pistol as he followed the main group into the lobby.

In the lobby-
The big group made its way north down the hall leading to the stairs as Miguel entered from the east, hurrying in an effort to catch up. Then the overhead lights went out again.

In the north hall, ground floor-
"Not to worry, Donald," said Principal Adler. "Once we get everyone upstairs, nobody's going back down until the danger is over."

Kate nodded to herself when she saw the barred and wedged double doors to the auditorium. "That looks secure for now," she said.

"Keep moving," said Dr. Smith. "The stairs are just ahead."

Then the fluorescent ceiling lights went out. There were no windows in the hall, but enough light came from the lobby windows to enable everyone to see.

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Declan started heading upstairs and got halfway to the upper landing when the power failed. "Dammit, not again!" he shouted, returning to ground level. Julianne caught up with him there.

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
Julianne vanished from sight on her way downstairs before Adam led the way down from the roof.

In the north hall, upper floor-
Stephanie, Dr. Singh, Chester, and Diana rounded the corner to the east.

In the northeast hall, upper floor-
As the scientists neared the door to the science lab, the power went out, leaving the hall in darkness. Faint light came through the open door up ahead, allowing them to see.

"Was that the EMP going off?" asked Diana.

"Yup," said Stephanie. "It's a good thing we wrapped up our laptops."

"You're telling me," said Dr. Singh.

"We're on our way!" called Chester in response to Emilio's shout.

In the science lab-
Emilio entered the lab and laid the corpse out on a long table. He was heading for the exit when the power cut out, though sunlight coming through the lab's windows enabled him to see well enough.

"Well, I guess it's okay if you borrow it for now," said Lucy, "but you'll have to give it back to Erica when she asks for it." She handed Tariq the Grease gun, which was fully loaded, and an additional 8 full 30-round magazines for it.

"Mostly I'm mad at the jocks," said Kyle as the doctors continued patching him up. They were nearly done. "They're always picking on me and beating me up, especially Roy McCrumb. I don't like Darnell either. He stole my girlfriend. I wasn't angry at LaTanya though. I love her. I'd never have hurt her. It was Darnell that caused her injury. He smacked her leg with his baseball bat. And Heather. She's such a stuck-up, prissy bitch who never missed a chance to humiliate me."

"What?!" gasped Heather. "You were, like, going to kill me?! You total psycho!"

"I wasn't actually going to do it."

Heather glared at him. "You stupid asshole! You're, like, so totally screwed now! I'm gonna laugh when they lock you away forever!"

"Shut up!" Kyle glanced helplessly at Lori. "See what I mean? I...I was also angry at the principal. He's a real stickler, and he would discipline me severely when I got in trouble, but the jocks never have to answer for what they do. They can get away with anything!"

"That's true," said Kelly.

At that point, the lights went out and the communications console went dead. There was still enough light to see coming in through the windows.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

-Yes! And Michiko follow the group
By kabukiman

-The lights went down? Lucky we finish the barricad before those creature can pass the fance now!-Says Jerry
-Come Mrs Sharon, everything will turn ok. You will see, we are perfectly safe now, and in a couple of hours someone will come to rescue us. They just need to clean the city, and that takes a while.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

In the girls locker room:
Darnell grabbed on to LaTanya's hand and said, "maybe we better get to some light. See whats going on. Follow me baby." He made his way to the door and the hallway toward the gym steps.

In the kitchen:

Alvin smiled at the barricade. He then said, "Maybe before we go upstairs we should do a sweep down here and in the basement to make sure everyone is clear from Charlie. What do you think?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Good idea. It doesn't hurt being cautious. Come Mrs Sharon.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"For the love of Pete," Donald said as the lights went out. "I hope that's not the generator failing again."
idea check for make-shift weapons,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2147338/]Idea (70%) (1d100=19)[/url]
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Rachel says to herself, "Perhaps I'll climb up a flight of steps, that way I can cover up and down at once, hmmm."
OOC/Mr Handy,Do the stairs zig-zag, two flights to reach a floor?
"Donald, what if Alvin don't give the chainsaw back?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Darnell[/b], roll Navigate to find your way out in the dark. The base skill is 10%. If you fail, [b]LaTanya[/b] will also get a chance. [b]Sharon[/b] still isn't responding, but [b]Jerry[/b] and [b]Alvin[/b] are strong enough to pull her along with them without having to roll anything. It is [b]Jerry[/b] who has the chainsaw, not [b]Alvin[/b]. Yes, the stairs do zigzag like that. [b]Rachel[/b] can go halfway up to the upstairs landing and cover both from there when she arrives, but she'll only get to the ground floor landing this turn.
Donald Woodridge,[b]Donald[/b] recalled that the door to [b]Declan[/b]'s shop class was to the right. There were all sorts of tools in there that could make useful weapons.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald responded plainly, "Then Alvin owes me a hundred dollars. Chainsaws don't grow on trees." He turned down the hallway heading toward the shop class taking his wheelbarrel with him.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Imp,Alvin does not have the chainsaw. Read Mr. Handy's post above.
Alvin grabbed Sharon's hand and walked out the kitchen door to the cafateria making sure it was clear.

in the girls locker room:

Darnell tried to find his way in the dark but he was unable to do so. He said, "Baby can you get us out of here I am lost."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

the chainsaw,Donald doesn't know who took his chainsaw. However, due to this fellow: [img]http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/makken123/KeithStewart.jpg[/img], he now thinks Alvin has it... that is unless [img]http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/makken123/KeithStewart.jpg[/img] changes his earlier comment. So telling me who has or does not have the chainsaw is kind of a moot point since it's all OOCly. :)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

OOC,Keith is an idiot! Tabs (Keith's interpreter) did muddle Jerry and Alvin, however it is just the sort of dumbass prank Keith would make up, so Tabs did not edit the comment. BTW Keith did take the chainsaw, and then gave it to Jerry. :P
Keith smirks.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

After the lights go out, Tariq waits a moment for it to sink in.

"You see that?" he says quietly to the students.

"That is a new world beginning. It might only last a few months, or the rest of our lives, but it puts everything else in the past. Something tells me that in the new world, force will be the answer to a lot of problems. Kyle, you chose what would normally be a really stupid way to fight back, but you chose to fight, and it looks like it might turn out for the best. Heather, I don't really care about what happened between you and Kyle, but if you don't want to forget your differences, you should stay away from him, because the odds are that very few people are going to be locked up from now on. Both of you should think about what you want to do with your lives next, and I don't mean guidance-counselor style, I mean think fast."

Then he turns to the scientists in the room.

"Well, what are you thinking we should do now?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the girls' locker room-
LaTanya stumbled around in the darkness, but she had no luck either. Feeling in front of her with her free hand, she found a wall where she thought the exit should be. "Honey, I'm just as lost as you are," she said.
OOC,[b]Darnell[/b], roll Idea.
In the cafeteria-
Alvin and Jerry dragged Sharon Kaplan out of the kitchen and over the shattered barricade, with Murray padding along after them. As they made their way through the deserted cafeteria, she came to her senses and was able to walk on her own. "I'm sorry, guys," she said with a final sniff. "I completely lost it back there. I should have been helping you."

In the workshop-
Donald searched through the workshop to see what he could find. There were a couple of hammers, a few screwdrivers, and also a coil of exposed wire. If that could be hooked up to a power source, it would make a very effective weapon against the dead, much as the electric fence had been. Tripwires could be set up across doorways to zap them, as they were far too stupid to step over them. The only problem was that power would be hard to come by with the generator off. There were some dry cell batteries in the workshop, but there was a limit to how long they would last.
OOC,The hammers count as Small Clubs, with a base skill of 25%. There are two of them. The screwdrivers count as Small Knives, and there are three of them. Knife skill also has a base of 25%. The wire, if it's live, causes 1d8 damage to a human and also stuns him or her. Judging by the effects of the electric fence, it would take out a zombie automatically. An Electrical Repair roll is required to set up a tripwire, but until and unless power is restored to the generator, each one will require a separate battery. There are only four batteries. Roll Spot Hidden if you want to search for additional tools that could be useful as weapons. This will use up your action for the round whether you succeed or not.
In the north hall, ground floor-
Kate Wheeler and Principal Adler led the way down the hall and into the stairwell. Everyone else in the hall followed them. Miguel entered the hall from the lobby, rushing after them. His gun was still jammed, but he almost had it cleared.

On the roof-
Dr. Helene Saunders took a good look around from her vantage point. What she could see of the city was in very sorry shape, but to her relief every zombie lay still on the ground in all directions. "Those bodies will start to stink and fester soon," she said to herself. "Best to burn them all, but that's a lot of work. So is rebuilding the world and restoring civilization, but we've taken the first and most important step." She sat down next to the humming EMP device, checking its leads and making sure it was functioning normally.

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
"I'll go downstairs and let whoever's still down there know it's over," said Megan, already descending. "You guys go tell Stephanie and the others."

"Will do," said Erica. "You kids can follow me or go with her." She opened the door to the hall and stepped through with Adam.

"I'll stick with you," said Elijah, tagging along with Erica and Adam. "I can't wait to meet the lady who saved the world! You coming, Michiko?"

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Declan ran down the stairs into the basement, taking out his flashlight to light his way in the pitch black. Julianne headed halfway up the flight of stairs to the landing in the middle, where she met Megan on her way down while the group from the hall filed into the stairwell. "We did it!" shouted Megan excitedly, hugging her fellow teacher. She called down to the others. "The transmission has been sent, and the EMP device worked! They're all down! It was amazing! As soon as Adam Donnelly activated the EMP they fell, like puppets with their strings cut!"

Lawrence Adler breathed a huge sigh of relief. "That's wonderful news, Miss Petrovich!" said the principal. He smiled at the people with him. "We can relax a little now, but there's a long road ahead of us. Someone go back and tell Donald it's safe to start cleaning if he really wants to, but he's more than earned a break. I know a lot of you have families and loved ones out there. If you want to leave, you're welcome to do so. Use any of the fire exits to go outside, like the one right here. There are enough holes in the fence now to get through, and with the power out it should be fine. If you want to stay, you're welcome to do so. We'll be having dinner once we can get things back in some semblance of order."

In the basement-
Declan reached the bottom of the stairs, not having heard the news being circulated above.

In the north hall, upper floor-
Erica, Adam, and Elijah entered the hall and headed over to the door to the special projects lab.

"Like I care what some loser psycho like Kyle thinks about me," said Heather. "I just don't want him to totally kill me or stuff."

Adam and Erica poked their heads in the door, Elijah standing behind them. "It worked like a charm!" said Adam. "You should have seen it! Right when I activated the EMP, all of the dead just collapsed!" A cheer rang out throughout the lab.

"Where's Stephanie?" asked Erica. "We wanted to tell her the good news - and congratulate her!"

"She went to the science classroom to help Dr. Singh with an autopsy on one of the corpses," said Dr. Hausmann.

"Chester Johnson and Diana went with him," added Dr. Liz Somerville. The two doctors finished treating Kyle's injuries. "There, you're all set now. Brigetta, why don't we go over to the lab ourselves?"

"Ja, good idea." Dr. Hausmann gathered her medical supplies with help from Liz.

"You guys go ahead, we'll catch up."

"With the juice out, a lot of perishable food is gonna go bad," said Amelia. "I can't eat it all myself, so I'm going to need some help from all y'all. I'd best get on down to the kitchen and make us some dinner." She headed out the door to the hall and into the stairwell. "Tariq, you done plenty already. Don't feel you need to help me in the kitchen."

"Can we go home now?" Ali asked his father. "I want to make sure Mom's okay."

In the science lab-
Stephanie, Dr. Singh, Chester Johnson, and Diana Forester entered the lab and met Emilio. "Oh, good, here it is!" said Dr. Singh, rushing over to the table where the corpse was laid out.

"Thank you," Stephanie told him before going over to join him. "Don't worry about the lights going out. That was the EMP, and it worked! All the dead are dead - for good. Not all over the world, at least not yet, but all of them within a few miles."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Jerry doesn't know about the EMP, right?

Jerry:
-Do not worry Miss Kaplan, not everyone reacts well to stressfull situations. And I bet that you always prefered romantic comedies to horror movies- says Jerry as a joke.

Michiko:
-Yes, Elija, I'm coming with you. Whoever create this situation will be very surprised if they thought that humankind was already defeated!
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I hope you´re right about that... There are evidence on the lower floors of several dead having gained access. Are you sure the EMP affected the school´s interior?" He looks at Stephanie and adds, "I´ll better head down again and brief the others. And check the exits if you´re correct. Then I might head over to the fences and make sure they´re intact." Emilio prepares to leave the science lab and hurry back down the stairwell.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”