IC-OMAHA-Victory?(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Victory?(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cafeteria-
"There aren't any more inside," said the principal, "and we took care of the ones outside. Coach cut one's head off with his saber, and the other guys are barricading the door as we speak."

"I'm more concerned about the gunshot inside," said Kate, hurrying for the hall. "Do you know what it's about?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"We´d better get this corpse up to the lab. If they got through two doors in the auditorium and the kitchen, they might have breached all the doors on the ground floor. That would be ten entryways. The fastest way to block the intruders would be to block the stairwell doors. Emilio shouts through the corrdior, "Guys! I´m taking a dead-head to the labs. Move away from this floor, it´s too many holes in the walls!" To Declan he confirms, "Yeah, get three pipes for securing the doors temporarily. The third one we can use for the stairwell doors. If you can find a wedge used for propping doors, or even an axe, get that! That will be the best way to secure a door." Emilio knows the propping idea only works for doors opening inwards. That would mean the auditorium doors can be propped but not the stairwell doors.
He starts to move towards the stairwell doors to move up to the labs.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

"If I am not needed, I'll see what else is happening." Keith wanders back toward the cafeteria.
He spots a tasty piece who he has not seen before, but she carrys herself like there is a poker up her ass.
Everything seems in order in the kitchin, time to investigate the gunshot behind her.
Rachel notices a gawky youth, pistol in hand, staring at her.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Wait a minute, Michelle shot herself but is still alive? Geez... didn't anyone tell her to aim for the head? She's weakly speaking,but has a death grip on the gun? Bull... I want an opposed strength check. Anyone with a death wish doesn't deserve a tool to save our lives. You didn't mention Donald at all in that last update. Like I'm already a ghost. Am I back in the Ash game? Hahah. Come to think of it, you didnt' mention Marcus in the Juno thread either. :( I'm starting to think you don't like me.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], if you want to try to carry the corpse to the stairs by yourself while [b]Declan[/b] bars the doors, you'll need to roll STR x 5. If you fail, you won't get anywhere this round. [b]Michelle[/b] [i]did[/i] shoot herself in the head. It was an impale too, but the damage rolled was low. Luckily the bullet was only a .40 and not anything more powerful. She had 11 HP to start and lost 8 from the wound. Much of that was just from shock, as [b]Dr. Smith[/b] gave her back 3 from First Aid, bringing her up to 6. In order to wrest the gun away from her, you have to actually make contact with it first - hence the Grapple roll. It's not something where strength guarantees success. She's capable of flailing around, and the gun could go off too. I did mention [b]Donald[/b] and [b]Marcus[/b] in the OOC comments. I didn't mention them in the IC portions, but I didn't mention a lot of characters. Usually I'll mention characters to show the results of their actions, if they're talking to other characters, or if something horrible is happening to them. That could be arranged if you want... :twisted:
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio takes a deep breath and starts pulling the dead weight. He gets some ground between himself and the auditorium. "Come with me, when you´ve wedged the doors, Declan!"

"HEY! You guys, we´re backing up now!!!"
, he shouts as he pulls the corpse.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Yeah, I didn't look at the ooc, cuz I figured it was for Tiny or Chuck. Sorry about that. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2083270/]Grapple check (25%) (1d100=85)[/url] Figures... girl's about dead and I'm too lame to even wrestle a gun out of her grip. Maybe I should just egg her on to giving it another attempt.
Donald went for the gun but couldn't seem to get it. Michelle apparently wanted to keep it. "I'm afraid I can't let you keep that gun, my dear. You've already put quite a mess on my walls and I can't have you going around repainting the rest of the hallways with what's left of your brain. Why don't you just hand me the gun. I'll hold onto it and keep it safe for the time being until you come back to terms with living."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Jerry is finishing the barricade.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Spoiler buttons labeled OOC like this one are for everyone to read. If a spoiler is private for one or more characters, I put the character name(s) in the button text, so that you know not to click that button unless one of those characters is yours.
In the girls' locker room-
LaTanya giggled. "You might have to wait a long time for that," she said. "I'm only about two months along. In the meantime, you should watch our backs. Don't want any creepy-crawlies sneaking up on us - or any looky-loos for that matter."

In the north hall, ground floor-
"I got wedges in the shop too," said Declan. "No axe, though, but if I had one I wouldn't waste it to block a door." He hurried into his shop classroom to retrieve the metal bars and wedges while Emilio dragged the corpse up the hall and into the stairwell, blood still oozing from its head wounds.

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Emilio managed to haul the body into the stairwell. Luckily the lab was only one flight up.
OOC,You can reach the upper floor's landing while dragging the body this turn.
In the kitchen-
Jerry and Alvin kept working on the barricade. Sharon just kept crying. Miguel finally stirred as he came to his senses.
OOC,It will take 3 more minutes to finish the barricade.
In the cafeteria-
As Roy, Keith, and Rachel made their way through the cafeteria, they saw Kate, Coach Moore, and Principal Adler hurry through the double doors and into the hallway beyond.

In the east hall, ground floor-
Donald tried to grab the gun away from Michelle, but she rolled over, holding onto the gun and pinning it beneath her body. "No!" she cried.

"What happened?" asked Kate, bursting in with her Glock gripped in both hands. Ron Moore and Principal Adler were behind her.

"She tried to kill herself," said Dr. Bernard Smith, continuing to work on the wound and doing an admirable job. "Damn near succeeded too. Another inch over and..." He shook his head. "I just wish I'd picked up on what was wrong with her. Can't seem to talk any sense into her."

"I'll give it a try," said Adler.

On the roof-
"It's the auditorium, not the gym!" called Megan after Julianne's fleeting form.

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
Julianne ran down the stairs and reached the landing. The lab was just beyond the hallway door, to her left.
OOC,[b]Julianne[/b], you can reach the lab this turn.
In the special projects lab-
"I didn't even see that bullet wound," said Dr. Hausmann. She tried to stop the bleeding, but it persisted.

"Let me help," said Amelia. With the added pressure, she managed to stop the flow of blood.

"You're going to be fine," said Liz, continuing to work on Kyle's ribs.

"Quick, hook up the laptop!" said Stephanie eagerly. "I'm translating the message now."

Dr. Saunders nodded and worked fast, hooking up a USB cable between the laptop and the communications equipment. She checked the connections and nodded again. "We're five by five and ready to transmit," she said.

"Okay, got it!" Stephanie pressed some keys on the laptop with a triumphant smile. "There, it's done!" She exhaled and leaned back, relaxing for the first time in hours.

"Message sent!" said Dr. Saunders.

Erica applauded. "I know you could do it, Stephanie!" she said.

"So is the world saved now?" asked Diana.

"That was the first step," said Stephanie. "We've got a long road still ahead of us."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio keeps dragging the corpse up the stairs.
TVblog

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

To Rachel, "Hi, I'm Keith, you look well tooled up, heh heh. I mean you have a lot of weapons."
He spots Michelle, "Yuk, all this gunge is starting to turn my stomach. And, look!, she has a gun."
"My stomach is turning as well," replies Rachel cryptically.

She crouches down beside Michelle, "Dr Smith, will she live?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald said to Dr. Smith, Kate, Ron, and Principal Adler, "She's suicidal. We can't allow her to keep a firearm in her possession... not in this state."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell smiled and said, "I love watching your back baby. Your nice tight bottom umm umm umm."

Alvin continued to build the barricade.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Ali," says Tariq to his son, "from now on we have to stay together. Things are going to be a lot more dangerous and confusing than you are used to. Like I always tell you, you cannot assume anything - these scientists may have done something great, or they might not have. But we have found each other, and that at least is something to be glad about."
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Lori smiles to Tariqs son and to her friend Kyle.
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Welcome back, Anatomist! I had wondered where you'd gone.
In the girls' locker room-
"Darnell Jones, you have a one track mind," said LaTanya. She took the cheerleader's uniform, went behind a row of lockers, and changed into it. She put her regular clothes in her locker and locked it up again. "Okay, all done."

In the north hall, ground floor-
Declan emerged from the shop with two metal bars and two wedges. He wedged each of the auditorium's double doors shut, then slid one of the bars through the handles of both doors.

In the kitchen-
Miguel hurried off into the cafeteria, resuming work on his pistol as he ran. He left Alvin and Jerry working on the barricade while Sharon sobbed.
OOC,It will take 2 more minutes to finish barricading the exit.
In the cafeteria-
Roy followed Keith, Becky, and Rachel out into the hall as Miguel came out of the kitchen.

In the east hall, ground floor-
"Yes, Rachel, she'll be fine," said Dr. Smith as he worked. "It looks worse than it is. Scalp wounds tend to bleed a lot."

"You've got that right," said Principal Adler to Donald. He sat next to Michelle and gently placed a hand on her shoulder. "Michelle, it's me, Larry," he said. "I know this has all been rough on you. It's been rough on all of us. But no matter what, you must not give up hope. We're going to win, do you hear me? Those scientists are going to save us, don't you doubt it for a second. You're not allowed to die. I need you here."

He only just got through to Michelle. She blinked, snapping out of her funk. "You're right, I...I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me." She handed him the pistol. "Here, I don't want this any more anyway."

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
Emilio dragged the body up the stairs. When he reached the landing, he saw Julianne vanish through the door into the hall. A moment later, Dr. Helene Saunders and Trooper Erica Spears entered from the same door.

On the roof-
Megan watched the fence nervously as another zombie struck it and fell twitching to the ground. "I hope it holds," she said. "I hope whatever they're doing downstairs works."

"It'll work," said Adam confidently.

In the special projects lab-
"Of course, Father," said Ali, hugging Tariq. "I will not leave your side."

"You believe me, don't you, Lori?" Kyle asked her.

"Now we need to tell the people on the roof that it's safe to use the EMP if they need to," said Stephanie.

"I'll go tell Adam Donnelly," said Dr. Saunders.

"Erica, go with her," said Stephanie. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine here. If any of them have gotten into the building, the pulse can take them out."

"Okay, let's go," said Erica. She and Dr. Saunders left the room. Julianne rushed in a moment later.

"But the data!" said Dr. Singh. "The pulse would wipe out the data!"

"Don't worry, Dr. Singh," said Stephanie. "A Faraday Cage will protect it, remember? Save your work, shut off the computer, and wrap it completely in foil just in case." She had already saved her work on her own laptop, powered it down, and disconnected it, and now she took the aluminum foil from its carrying case and was wrapping it up. "Do it just like this, and leave no gaps in the foil. Make sure the thumb drive is inside the foil too."

Dr. Singh rushed to comply, snatching the foil from the tray of sandwiches. In a minute, both computers were securely encased.

"Excellent work as always, Stephanie!" said Dr. Somerville while she continued to treat Kyle's bruised ribs.

"Thanks, Liz! Do you need any help?"

"Nein, we've got it, Stephanie," said Dr. Hausmann, assisting Liz. "We should only need a few more minutes. Take a break, you've earned it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Spotting the women heading for the hallway on top of the landing, shouts, "Oy, where do you want this dead-head? Or... do you have a sample already?" Catching his breath Emilio continues, "There are a serious breach down there. Multiple entry points. We better get to a place we can defend easily. With the least number of access routes! The auditorium is wide open to the infected. Declan is about to wedge and bar the hallway doors to it. I don´t know what happens in the cafeteria.... I hope they come out on top of the problem over there."
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the north stairwell, upper floor-
"We'd better get up to the roof and activate the EMP device right away!" said Erica. "It's our only chance!"

Dr. Saunders nodded. "Take the body to the regular science lab," she said. "Down the hall and around the corner to the left. It's the second door. Lay the body on one of the lab tables. You can let the other scientists know it's there on the way."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith watches on, waiting for direction. Now the brief action is over his adrenaline fades and he feels slack and helpless.
"I'm pleased to hear that, Dr Smith," Rachel replies.

"Everyone, we should return to the lab. The north stairwell is the only way upstairs, I think, and can be defended easier. The ground floor has so many unsecure exits, zombies can be lurking anywhere!"
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Thanks!" Emilio gets in the hallway and heads towards the lab following the directions. If he spots any lab coats he fills them in on what he´s about to do. Ahead - left - second door - OK
TVblog

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”