IC-SWORD-Final Jeopardy(Zoe/Alicia/Raquel/Lara/Katarina)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Final Jeopardy(Zoe/Alicia/Raquel/Lara/Katarina)

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I just need a Listen roll and an action (if any) from [b]Katarina[/b]. Go ahead and act even if you succeed at the roll. You won't hear whatever it is until the next round starts; I'm just having you roll in advance.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina is too shocked by the sight of people fighting in front of her that she simply didn't know what to do and couldn't hear anything special. Knowing that if she reached for a weapon now, all would end, she decided to try to run away crying. At the very least, she could draw some of the men away from this area... And if they let her run away, she could hide, and creep back later. She hated leave the girls to their fate but they had guns and so many had died already.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the movie studio-
Zoe twisted out of Ghost's grasp only to run straight into Mutt's arms. "Gotcha!" he said, giving her a sickening grin. Then Katarina ran crying from the studio, back into the guard room.

"Need any help with her, Mutt?" asked Ghost.

"I've got her under control, Ghost," said Mutt, pinning Zoe's arms to her sides. "Go bring Katarina back, but be gentle with her. She's been behaving herself, and I don't want her hurt. Deadeye, go get some rope so we can tie up Zoe." He started to drag Zoe toward the ship's cabin movie set.

Deadeye stroked Raquel's cheek. "I'll be back in a minute," he said. "Don't go nowhere." He hustled over to the other movie set and found a couple of lengths of rope. He paused, sensing something. "You hear that, Mutt? Feels like another one is coming."
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], if you want to attack [b]Mutt[/b], you cannot use your arms. You may attempt to kick him (25% base chance, 1d6+db damage), head butt him (10% base chance, 1d4+db damage), or bite him. Biting does no damage, but it may force him to release you. There's no skill listed, but I'll give it a 25% chance. If you succeed, make a Resistance Table roll of your POW against [b]Mutt[/b]'s POW of 11. This gives you a 50% chance.
In the guard room-
Katarina found herself back in the guard room. The hall she had come from led back to the cell block, on the right. The one on the left led toward the exit from this place. On the left side of that hall was a metal door, and beyond that an open doorway. On the right side was a wooden door, and another open doorway was past that, across from the one on the left. At the far end of the hall was a reception area.

Ghost walked out of the studio. "Come on back, Katarina," he said. "Nobody's gonna hurt you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

She made a point not to head in the direction of the exit, not wanting to cause a panic or get shot. She keeps whimpering and heads to the first right door. "Everyone keep dying, I no want," she says, weeping, as she heads out.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2053842/]Bite 25% (1d100=34)[/url]
Zoe turns on Mutt, trying to bite him, but does not succeed. "You filthy swines!" Zoe tries hard to control her emotions and not descend into a frenzy of despair.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the movie studio-
Mutt held Zoe tightly, narrowly avoiding her teeth. He hauled her over to the bed as she struggled desperately, but ultimately in vain.

"Damn, she's wild!" said Deadeye, standing ready with the ropes.

"Yeah," said Mutt. "She's gonna be a lot of fun." He slammed Zoe onto the bed, on her back. Though she fought like a tigress, Mutt and Deadeye were simply too strong for her. They lashed her arms to the bedposts, making sure her bonds were extremely tight around her wrists. Mutt ogled Zoe as she strained against them. "You should have just cooperated with Jeff. He would have been gentle with you. We're going to bone you so hard you won't walk for a week."

"No, leave her alone!" screamed Lara.

Mutt laughed, but there was no humor in it, only cold anger and thirst for revenge. "Oh, don't worry. I'm definitely going to deal with you first."

Just then, there was another, stronger tremor, much like the one the women had experienced earlier in the cells. It too seemed to be coming from far below.

In the office-
Katarina burst through the door and found herself in an office that also doubled as someone's living quarters. The room contained a desk with a chair behind it and another facing it, a filing cabinet, a small table with a coffee machine, and a bed with a footlocker beneath it. Unfortunately, the only way out of this room was the door through which she had entered. Ghost filled that door, blocking her escape. "Nobody else is gonna die, Katarina," he said calmly, reaching out for her arm. "Come back with me. Everything is under control now." At that moment, the tremor struck, far beneath them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina gave a soft sob and looked over at him, hugging herself. "Men die. Your friend. Girls die. So many die."

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

It is all too much, Zoe wishes she had fired the gun and taken the consequences: hindsight is a cruel thought!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the office-
"Jeff didn't just die," said Ghost. "Lara killed him. Everyone who died, it's because the other girls didn't behave themselves. That's why I need you to come back, so nobody else dies. The girls need to see that you do as you're told, and nothing bad happens to you. Then they'll do what they're told, and nobody else will die." He seized Katarina's arm and tried to pull her out the door.

Then a frightened, German-accented male voice spoke on Ghost's radio: "Mein Gott, it's huge! Scheisse! It just killed Hitch! Help!"

A few seconds later, Mutt's voice spoke: "Ghost, get below and back Nitro up! I'm sending Deadeye with you!"
OOC,[b]Katarina[/b], if you want to resist, you may make a Grapple roll to oppose his Grapple (base skill is 25%), and if that fails you may try a Dodge roll. If you choose not to roll Dodge, or if your Grapple succeeds first, you may attack if you really want (even if your Grapple roll fails). You may also go along without resisting.
In the movie studio-
Mutt turned his back on Zoe and returned to the dungeon movie set. Lara stared at him hard, with hatred and fury in her eyes. He focused a camera on a tripod at her. "I'm not as good at this as Hitch," he said, "but this way I'll be able to watch this over and over again later." He started recording and then strode over to the rack.

"I glad I kill Jeff!" she spat. "I kill you too!"

"You're in no position to do that, Lara." He grabbed the crank attached to the roller and rotated it a notch, stretching the rope binding her wrists. She gritted her teeth and endured it, but she knew that the real pain was yet to come.

Deadeye returned to the hotel room set, where Raquel lay cuffed to the bed. "No..." she moaned. "Por favor..." She winced as he climbed on top of her and began to kiss her.

Then a frightened, German-accented male voice spoke on the radios in the room: "Mein Gott, it's huge! Scheisse! It just killed Hitch! Help!"

"Deadeye, get your clothes back on, then go down and back up Nitro!" ordered Mutt. "I'll stay here and keep an eye on the girls. Take Jeff's M-16, it'll be of more use than the Springfield. I'll send Ghost with you." He spoke into the radio. "Ghost, get below and back Nitro up! I'm sending Deadeye with you!"

Deadeye grumbled and stood up, then started getting dressed again. "It's always something," he muttered.
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], roll DEX x 1 if you want to try to wriggle out of the ropes.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I know," she says miserably at his words that it were all the girls' fault. At the words of the radio she balks: "Lock me here? Or I hurry by self? Please. I know Zoe bad, but I no want see punishment, but I really no want see huge. You help Nitro?"

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the office-
"Yeah, I'll go help Nitro," said Ghost, pulling Katarina out the door. "Once we get back to the guard room, you go into the studio and do what Mutt says."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina nods and heads in the direction of the guard room at a hurried pace. She doesn't know what's attacking Nitro, but she doesn't think its friendly. "Mutt? It me," she says, not wanting to get shot.

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe perks up with all the activity, she tries to escape.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2058958/]Dex x1 14% (1d100=60)[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the guard room-
Ghost and Katarina returned from the office at a run. The studio door was still open like they had left it. "Go on in, Katarina," said Ghost, patting her on the rear. "Hey, Deadeye, you coming?" He spoke into his radio. "Hang in there, Nitro. Help is on the way!"

In the movie studio-
Zoe strained at her bonds, trying to free herself. With everything that was going on, nobody paid her any attention, apparently confident in the ability of the ropes to hold her. And they had reason to be, for she could not even begin to make any progress in loosening them. They were agonizingly tight around her wrists, and she was still trapped in her worst nightmare.

Lara spat at Mutt. "I hate you!" she snarled. "I kill you!"

"Come in, Katarina!" called Mutt. He gave Lara a vicious stare. "You're going to pay for killing my brother, Lara." He continued to turn the crank, and she was stretched further. However, her rage gave her strength to hold on.

Deadeye finished getting dressed and collecting his gear. He buttoned his shirt up as he hurried to the door and the M-16 on the floor near it. "No, Ghost, I have to go with you instead," he replied. "Go on ahead, I'll catch up."
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], you may attempt another DEX x 1 roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe twists her wrists, but the bonds do not give.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2059309/]Dex x1 14% (1d100=72)[/url]
She tries to distract Mutt from Lara, "Hey, Mutt, you scumbag, I reckon there is some serious shit going on out there," Zoe nods her head, "good luck!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina startled at the sight of all the carnage. Then her eyes widen and she stares at the door after the others: "It big! I hear screaming. It govment? Big bulldozer?" She begins to cower a little, pulling herself in to try to make herself look small.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the movie studio-
"Don't fret, it's nothing we can't handle," said Mutt. "We've dealt with this before - that's what that explosion you heard earlier was about. Katarina, go on backstage and make yourself prettier. There are costumes too if you want to change, but I like the dress you've got on now just fine. Take your time, I may be a while." He gave Zoe a sick grin. "Don't get lonely, Zoe. I'll be with you eventually, but I'm not anywhere close to being done with Lara." He returned his attention to the Russian girl, who groaned when he turned the crank further, stretching her body taut on the rack. Her muscles ached, but she was still able to withstand the agony - for now.

Deadeye snatched up the M-16 and passed Katarina on his way out of the studio. Once she was inside, he closed the door behind him, leaving the four women alone with Mutt.
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], you may roll DEX x 1 to try to get free again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2063466/]Dex 14% (1d100=99)[/url]
"Mutt, have you no humanity?"

"Katarina, you don't have to do as he says. C'mon, girl, do something to help us."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina looks to see if maybe there is a weapon left lying about or some other attempt she could make now that everyone else was busy. If not, she might need to distract the man and buy them some time for the government to arrive.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the movie studio-
Katarina looked desperately around the studio for anything that could be of use, but there were no longer any guns lying around and she couldn't see any other weapons. Raquel sobbed, but her eyes were too full of tears to notice anything. Zoe strained at her bonds, but they were completely unyielding. The men had tied them extremely tight this time. Her efforts caused her to pull a muscle, and pain shot up her arm.

"I'm fresh out, babe!" snapped Mutt. "It died when YOU GIRLS KILLED MY BROTHER!" Enraged, he jerked the crank some more. Lara let out an anguished moan, but she did not give in to despair.
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b], from now on you must roll DEX x 1/2 to try to get free until further notice. This gives you only a 7% chance. Also, roll Idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”