IC-SWORD-Final Jeopardy(Zoe/Alicia/Raquel/Lara/Katarina)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Final Jeopardy(Zoe/Alicia/Raquel/Lara/Katarina)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the movie studio-
Zoe's throw did not get high enough, and the grenade bounced off of the bathroom wall instead of going over it. To her horror, the grenade bounced off of the floor and rolled to a stop at her feet, spewing gas throughout the hotel room. Lara reacted quickly, sprinting clear of the spreading cloud. Her eyes teared up, but she was able to stay on her feet and keep moving. Zoe was not so lucky. She collapsed to the floor, the peppery gas stinging her eyes and causing the tears to flow. Raquel, cuffed to the bed, didn't even have a chance to get away. She too was overcome by the gas, unable to even cover her face. All she could do was lie there, weeping and helpless.

"I'll be back," hissed Lara. "I need to find guns." She ran to the door leading out of the studio, flung it open, and darted out into the guard room.
OOC,[b]Zoe[/b] does not get a chance to Dodge, as throwing the grenade constitutes an attack, and you can't do both in the same round. [b]Raquel[/b] can't either, since she is unable to get out of range of the gas. While you're stunned, you are still fully aware of your surroundings, but you can only Dodge or Parry (if you are attacked for some reason). You cannot attack or move for as long as the effect lasts.
Zoe Gallagher,Unfortunately, [b]Zoe[/b] is going to be out of it for [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2077936/]17 minutes[/url], which includes the current round. The good news is that the thread should move faster now, so hopefully it won't be too long in real time.
Raquel Orozco,[b]Raquel[/b] is stunned for [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2077940/]9 minutes[/url], including this one.
In the bathroom-
Mutt also didn't hear the thump of the grenade over the music. Katarina could feel him stiffening as he rubbed against her, his pulse quickening with excitement. He began to unbuckle his belt.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

"No, no, wait for song end, build up," she said, raising her eyebrows and licking her lips as she kept dancing. She tried to throw herself into the song, pretending she was elsewhere, that he wasn't him, that all was well. She danced like she was already rescued, like she had a handsome rescuer she wanted to seduce, she threw herself into the dance heart, body, and soul, hoping, hoping, that maybe, just maybe, she'd be able to buy enough time for the Feds to bust in here. It had to be Feds ... what else but Feds would worry them so?
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the movie studio-
Zoe and Raquel continued to cry uncontrollably. The tear gas was dispersing, but its effects would linger for some time.
Zoe Gallagher,16 more minutes of being stunned (including this one). Roll Listen at full skill.
In the bathroom-
Mutt nodded, dancing close with Katarina. The song had been playing for a while already, and the track on the CD finished before she would have liked. "Okay, Katarina, now it's time." He unhitched his belt buckle and pulled his pants down.
Katarina Iliescu,Roll Listen at full skill.
In the guard room-
Lara Voronova,[b]Lara[/b] gasped when she saw two people hurrying toward her from the cell block. One was a beautiful blonde wearing loose-fitting khaki shorts, a utility belt, and a white tank top, a typical outfit that the skinheads wore. One of her legs was in a cast, and she was using a pair of mahogany canes as crutches. She had two .45 pistols, one in her hand and the other in a belt holster. Helping her along was a skinhead with a drawn 9mm pistol, but he was wearing scrubs. She was about to run in fright in the other direction, toward the exit, when the woman approached her and spoke reassuringly to her. "What happened, sweetie?" she asked. "Settle down. Settle down. It's okay. My name is [b]Sally[/b]. What's your name?" "[b]Lara[/b]," she said, still crying. "[b]Lara Voronova[/b]." "I'm [b]Doc[/b]," said the man. "Don't be afraid, we won't hurt you." "[b]Mutt[/b] will. He kill me very slowly when he get me." She glanced back into the studio. "I don't think he knows I got loose. He had me on the rack, and then [b]Katarina[/b] distracted him. She...she go in the bathroom with him, sacrifice her body to buy me time. [b]Zoe[/b] and I got free. She tried to throw tear gas grenade into bathroom to take down [b]Mutt[/b], but it bounce back and get us instead. I ran, but [b]Zoe[/b] and [b]Raquel[/b] didn't make it. Please, we have to hurry!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina hears something and interrupted Mutt to slowly pull down his pants for him, doing it seductively, and trying to take a bit more time.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Katarina Iliescu,[b]Katarina[/b] heard voices in the distance. She recognized one of them as belonging to [b]Lara[/b], and it was coming from too far away to be within the studio. Had she gotten free? The others belonged to [b]Doc[/b] and [b]Sally[/b]! She couldn't quite make out the words. Was rescue possible? Dared she hope?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Katarina looks around for the music player ... was it in this area?

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The sound system near the movie set, but not on it. You would have to leave the bathroom and walk off the set to reach it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Realizing there was no way to cover up any sounds those outside might produce, she realized with a sinking heart that the only way she could do it was to be loud during sex. She leaned back against the bath tub, hoping to position him with his back to the door.

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

To Lara, "That throw was a screw up. Lets do this the hard way," says Zoe grimly. "The music is loud, the others may return any moment, and there are three of us. We'll release Racquel and then finish Mutt."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Lara[/b] has left the room, and the music has stopped. [b]Zoe[/b] is still stunned for a while, so she won't be able to do anything to help. Also, please roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC,Somehow I skipped by several posts and didn't notice! [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2083326/]Listen 40% (1d100=97)[/url]
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Zoe realises Lara has gone. In her distress she was talking fantastic nonsense: what she desires to do.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the bathroom-
Katarina couldn't help but cringe as Mutt climbed on top of her and hiked her dress. He was reaching for her panties when he suddenly stopped and cocked an ear. "I don't believe this," he muttered. "Wait here." He stood up, opened the bathroom door, and stepped out into the studio.

In the movie studio-
Zoe lay helpless on the floor, and Raquel likewise on the bed. Tears streamed out of both of their eyes, the lingering effects of the gas which still stung them. Mutt emerged from the bathroom and shook his head when he saw them. He unslung his M-16 and hurried toward the exit from the studio, trying to be quiet but not succeeding. His expression was grim.

Then there was another tremor, this one more violent. The sound of breaking rock could be heard in the distance.
Zoe Gallagher,You are stunned for another 15 minutes (including this one). Note that while stunned you cannot speak either.
Katarina Iliescu,The sound of breaking rock seemed to be coming from the direction of the elevator.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Oh no," she says, fearfully at the sound of breaking rock and hurries up behind Mutt like a frightened puppy dog. She clings to him for a moment. "What was that?" Then she looks around the room. "Where Lara? She escape again?"

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the movie studio-
Mutt finished pulling up his pants and buckled his belt.

"Don't move a fucking muscle, bitch!" shouted a woman's voice from the guard room. Katarina recognized her as Sally.

In the guard room-
Lara Voronova,"Where is [b]Mutt[/b], sweetie?" said [b]Sally[/b] in hushed tones. "In the bathroom with [b]Katarina[/b], I told you," hissed [b]Lara[/b], still crying. "It's in the movie set like a hotel room, the one where [b]Raquel[/b] and [b]Zoe[/b] are. We must hurry! You have two guns, give me one!" "We're not going to let him hurt you," whispered [b]Doc[/b], "but you can't be seen with a weapon. We're going to get all of you out of here, but you have to give me that belt. You've got to trust us, [b]Lara[/b]. We're the only chance you have." After he finished speaking, the tremor struck along with the sound of breaking rock. "He's right, [b]Lara[/b]," said [b]Sally[/b]. "We will get you out of here. You can trust us." She looked to the corpses in the other room. "We should get moving. We don't want to be around with them for too much longer." She paused to listen to something. "Shit, [b]Mutt[/b] and [b]Katarina[/b] are coming. Follow my lead or we are all dead" [b]Sally[/b] grabbed [b]Lara[/b] by the elbow and spun her around. She pointed her pistol at the back of her head as she reached around to take the ammo belt off of her. "Don't move a fucking muscle, bitch!" [b]Sally[/b] said loudly. Quietly, [b]Sally[/b] said to [b]Doc[/b] and [b]Lara[/b]: "Follow along and make it good, [b]Lara[/b]. [b]Doc[/b], if [b]Mutt[/b] gets shooty, we need to fight back." [b]Lara[/b] nodded as [b]Sally[/b] relieved of her belt and strapped it around herself.
"I give up!" cried Lara, whimpering.
OOC,Everyone is moving to the following thread.
Planet Terror
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”