Page 1 of 1

IC-OMAHA-Dread(Adler/Ron/Miguel/Roy/Kate/Alvin/Murray/etc)

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:24 am
by Mr. Handy
Z-Day - 4:29 PM Central Time - Brooks High School, Omaha, Nebraska
In the east hall, ground floor-
"Thanks for sticking with us, Roy," said Principal Adler as he led the way down the hall with the chair. "You did real good back there, and I know we can count on you. You're right about not giving up ground. Nobody's actually spotted it, we just heard it battering down the doors and barricade, so we don't know if there's one or more than one." He led Miguel and Roy to the cafeteria doors. "I don't expect this to hold long, but if it buys us a minute or two-"

Just before the three of them arrived at the doors, they burst open from within and a tall, middle-aged black man with dreadlocks burst through. He was wearing a heavy jacket over baggy clothes, all coated with some sort of gray dust that was also in his hair, and there were two holes in his chest. He reeked of decay and some other unidentified scent, the stench nauseating from this close. His eyes were bright red, and he looked at the three men hungrily. Miguel remained perfectly cool and raised his Glock, snapping off a shot before the man could reach them. The bullet struck him in the right arm, causing extensive damage. Yet he didn't even seem to notice.

Lawrence Adler did not panic. He dropped the chair and gripped his baseball bat in both hands. Before he could swing or Miguel could shoot again, the red-eyed man rushed straight at Roy like a demented defensive back, his arms about to wrap around the quarterback.
OOC,[b]Roy[/b], roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d10, so you lose no Sanity if you succeed but 1d10 if you fail. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, roll Idea. If the Idea roll succeeds, then you go temporarily insane. If it fails, or if you lose less than 5 Sanity, you may act normally. If you don't go insane, you may either roll Dodge to try to avoid it, or you may let it grab you and attack it, but you may not do both (though you may flee if you succeed at your Dodge roll). If it grabs you, it won't do any damage this round, but it will next round if it's still on you. If you attack it, make your attack and damage rolls. If you want to target the head, your attack roll is at -5.

Re: IC-OMAHA-Dread(Adler/Miguel/Roy)

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:53 am
by Squidcorp
East hall

Despite the horror bearing down on him, Roy keeps his head. He instinctively swings the metal bat for the attacker's head, but the bat only whistles in the air.

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:12 am
by Mr. Handy
The zombie with dreadlocks grabbed Roy and tackled him to the floor, wrapping its arms tight around his ribcage. It hurt a lot more than being sacked on the football field, especially since it didn't get off of him once the play was over and continued to squeeze him. He swung his bat wildly at the thing's head, but failed to connect.

Miguel put another bullet into it, severely damaging its leg. He shot it again, this time wounding it in the head. It still would not release Roy, however. Then Principal Adler took a crack at it with his Louisville Slugger, but he missed badly. Miguel tried to fire once more, but this time the gun jammed. "Oh, crap!" he cried in dismay.

The zombie's grip tightened, and Roy could feel his ribs begin to give. It also tried to bite him, but luckily it came up short.
OOC,[b]Roy[/b], you may take another swing now if you like. Any hit to the head of 4 or more damage will finish it off now. You may attempt to break its grip through brute force instead by making a Resistance Table roll of your STR against the zombie's STR of 20. This only gives you a 30% chance, however.

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:19 pm
by Squidcorp
Roy tries to take another swing at the zombie's head, but the awkward angle and the pain in his chest cause him to miss.

Re: IC-OMAHA-Dread(Adler/Miguel/Roy/Kate/Alvin/Murray)

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:56 am
by Mr. Handy
As Alvin and Murray entered from the lobby, Kate Wheeler burst in through the open cafeteria doors. They were shocked to see Roy lying on his back being crushed to death by a tall, middle-aged black man with dreadlocks. He stank of decay, and his eyes were red with hunger and malice. Miguel Lopez stood nearby struggling with his Glock, which had jammed, but he had done some damage with it before that happened. The zombie had grievous bullet wounds in one arm, one leg, and its head, yet it was not defeated yet. Principal Adler held his Louisville Slugger in both hands and took a swing, but he missed badly.

Murray whimpered in fright, his little doggie mind shattered. Fortunately he wasn't able to process what was going on the way a human could, and he stood his ground. Kate kept her cool and raised her own Glock, putting a bullet deep in its thigh and crippling it.

The loss of its limb did not deter the zombie in the slightest. Its jaws snapped on air again as they tried to clamp down on Roy, and it brutally crushed his body, cracking mutliple ribs. The pain was so intense that the tough quarterback passed out.

With his pistol jammed, Miguel swung his fist and landed a mighty punch on the zombie's head, crushing its skull. It lay still at last. Then the fluorescent lights overhead came back on.
OOC,[b]Alvin[/b], roll Sanity for seeing the zombie. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. Since you've already lost 4 Sanity for seeing zombies recently, you can lose at most 6 more. Any loss of more than 6 counts as 6. If you lose 5 or more, you must roll Idea and fail to avoid temporary insanity. [b]Roy[/b], you're unconscious, but at least you're still alive and haven't been bitten!

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:47 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Alvin stared at the creature in horror and his mind snapped. His mind struggled to understand what was going on. Alvin cried out in fear as he lost it.
Mr H,I rolled for what kind of insanity and how long if you care to use them as well. I know we used to do that as well last year. Here you go. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2008123/]It looks like intense phobia rooting alvin to spot for 2 rounds[/url]

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:35 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Short-term temporary insanity lasts 1d10+4 rounds, so he's frozen for 6 rounds. The good news is that he only loses 6 Sanity points instead of 9, and zombies won't cost him any more Sanity for the rest of the chapter. He has lost enough in the last hour to go indefinitely insane, however. I'll let you know the details later, when it sinks in.

Posted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:45 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Handy,Why is it that I sense you enjoy watching your characters die and if so how is it that you can let them die while I as a fellow keeper hate seeing characters die? Is that the secret? I need to make 80+ characters so plenty can die?

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:30 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I don't really enjoy watching my characters die, but it does lighten the workload for me to have to manage fewer of them. Anyway, only two characters have died so far this chapter, one by his own hand and the other by making a fatal mistake and having some bad luck on top of that. There are some characters who have it coming, but there are other characters I root for and hope that they survive. Even so, I let the dice fall where they may, and anyone can die even if I want some characters to survive. Zombie Apocalypse isn't a typical game. It's designed to be a realistic end-of-the-world scenario (except for the zombies and other assorted beasties), and thus by its very nature has a high body count.

Re: IC-OMAHA-Dread(Adler/Ron/Miguel/Roy/Kate/Alvin/Murray)

Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:55 am
by Mr. Handy
Alvin remained frozen in place, unable to move. Murray whined, curling up on Alvin's feet and rubbing against his legs.

Principal Adler relaxed visibly now that the battle was over. "Hey, it's over man," he said to Alvin. "We're going to be all right now. Thanks for coming out to help us. You did good." Alvin's mental paralysis wore off, and he was once again able to act.

"We've still got trouble," said Kate Wheeler. "The kitchen fire exit has been knocked in, and the barricade in the cafeteria was destroyed." She held out her walkie-talkie. "I need someone to get on the radio and tell everyone the current situation. Roy's hurt bad and needs a doctor, but I'll do what I can for him, and we need reinforcements.

"I'll do it, Officer," said Miguel, taking the radio. Handling it like a pro, he pressed the button to talk and spoke into the mouthpiece: "This is Miguel Garcia. We took down the zombie that broke in, but Roy McCrumb is seriously injured and needs a doctor in the east hall downstairs. We also need reinforcements here to guard and barricade the kitchen exit. Over."

"There's more," said Kate as she moved the corpse aside and then tried to revive Roy, but to no avail. "This body belongs to a homicide victim. He was buried in the concrete foundation in the construction area outside. His name was Jacob Marley, and he's been missing for the last couple of days. He has some priors for drug trafficking."

"There are two students here he might be related to: Doug and Lisa Marley," said Adler. "They're Jamaican too."

"There were two large caliber gunshot wounds in his chest," said Miguel. "The only blood there was dried, though, so he probably died some time ago, and I expect that's what killed him. The only damage we did was to his limbs and head, so the evidence in the chest area remains intact. We need someone to conduct an autopsy. Since his body was dumped on school grounds, it's likely he was killed here too - and that means his murderer may still be around."

Ron Moore rushed in from the lobby.
Alvin Drummond,[b]Alvin[/b] recognizes the body as the man he saw murdered two nights ago. Remember that he also recognized [b]Chuck Lubachek[/b] as the killer. Also, give me a Psychology roll. The base skill is 5%.

Re: IC-OMAHA-Dread(Adler/Ron/Miguel/Roy/Kate/Alvin/Murray)

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:21 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Alvin gasped and said, "Kate I saw that man get murdered earlier this week and I saw who did it. It was that convience store owner, the one with the mean dog, Chuck somebody!" psych roll.

Re: IC-OMAHA-Dread(Adler/Ron/Miguel/Roy/Kate/Alvin/Murray/etc)

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:46 am
by Mr. Handy
Jerry and Keith rushed in behind Ron. Roy McCrumb lay unconscious and badly injured on the floor. Beside him was the dead body of a middle-aged black man with dreadlocks. His clothes and skin had gray dust on them, his head had a bullet hole and was caved in, a couple of his limbs were crippled from gunshot wounds, and he had two holes in his chest.

"Roy!" cried the coach upon seeing his star player stricken. He got down on the floor, but he couldn't do anything for him. "Someone help him!"

Principal Adler did his best too, but his best wasn't good enough.

"I need to go secure the kitchen," said Kate. "Who's with me?"

"I'll come," said Miguel. He hurried after her into the cafeteria as he struggled to clear his jammed gun, but without success.

Sharon Kaplan entered from the lobby. "Oh, poor Roy!" she cried. "Maybe I can help."

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:59 am
by kabukiman
-I'm going with you-says Jerry.

OOC: is there any weapon he can take?

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:19 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Alvin kneeled at Roy's side and tried to help heal him but was unable to do much of anything. He looked up and said, "Did anyone hear that we have a murderer in our midst. That the man who killed this man is here in the building. Does anyone care?"

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:45 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The only weapon visible is the baseball bat [b]Roy[/b] dropped when he got knocked out. It uses Large Club, which is a different skill than Small Club (which the nightstick uses). The base skill is only 25%.
"Of course we heard you and care," said Principal Adler. "Officer Wheeler, Jerry Law, and I will deal with the murderer, but first we need to make sure those things don't get inside the school - or we're all dead. Are you with us?"

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:13 am
by Tabs
"Let's do it!" shouts Keith. Gripping his handgun he marches over to Officer Wheeler, "I'm ready for action," he says in a slightly croaky voice.
"C'mon Jerry, you got the chainsaw, what more do you want?"

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:00 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Alvin said, "Mr. Adler, you and this whole community has been kind to me allowing me to stay around your school on warm nights and not having me arrested. Of course I will protect my home if one can say I have a home. Let me try to wake this young man up once more before I come with you though ok?" He knelt by Roy's side and again tried to heal Roy but was no help once more. "Damm it. Okay well lead on I will follow. Hopefully he will be ok."

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:01 am
by kabukiman
The chainsaw is good against one creature, not against several creatures, its' too cumbersome. But let's not waste any time more.

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:05 am
by Mr. Handy
Murray waited by Alvin's side while he tried in vain to help Roy. Sharon Kaplan sat down beside him and began to bandage his ribs, helping him some. He awoke, coughing.

"Roy!" said Coach Ron Moore. "You did great, son! Hang in there, you're going to be all right. I hope this isn't a season-ender." He tried to help Sharon, but he couldn't do much more for his star player.
OOC,[b]Roy McCrumb[/b], you're conscious and may act again. Your bat is by your side. One of your injuries has been successfully treated with First Aid, but not the other yet. You may try this yourself if you wish.
In the cafeteria-
Principal Adler, Alvin, Jerry, and Keith entered the cafeteria, but Kate and Miguel were well ahead of them. Miguel was saying something quietly to Kate as the two of them entered the kitchen.
OOC,Anyone else in the cafeteria may roll Listen to try to overhear them. If you succeed, you may click and read the spoiler button below.
Miguel Garcia and Kate Wheeler,"I need to talk to you alone later about the murder," said [b]Miguel[/b] softly to [b]Kate[/b].
In the kitchen-
Miguel finally made some progress unjamming his pistol, but it was jammed very badly. Just as he and Kate entered, a zombie slowly staggered in from the open doorway leading outside. "We've got one in the kitchen!" she called back calmly, raising her pistol to fire. Miguel recoiled, badly shaken.
OOC,Anyone entering the kitchen must roll Sanity, with a Sanity loss of 0/1d10. You will not be able to attack this round, but you won't be a target in the first round either.

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:20 am
by Squidcorp
Mr. Handy,I assume Roy has only the base level of First Aid skill as listed in the CoC rules? I'll have to look up how to roll that.

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:31 am
by Squidcorp

Still on his back, Roy coughs and wraps his arms around his chest. He tries to feel for anything he can stretch out or snap back into place, but fails to do anything helpful.

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:31 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, you've only got First Aid at the base level, which is 30%.

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:13 am
by kabukiman
OOC,Did Jerry saw the zombie too? Can he act?

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:35 pm
by Tabs
Keith overheard what Miguel said.

"Oh, Christ! This is it." He heads toward the kitchen. "Be careful buddy," he yells to Miguel.

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:59 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Alvin heard Keith and Migel talking. He growled a bit deep in his throat since he did not like secrets about murder kept from him especially if it appeared that the victims were rising and attacking him! He heard the cry for help and entered the kitchen as well.
Handy,Since he has already seen zombies does he have to roll any more sanity loss? Also he was indefientaly insane so can you pm me with what is going on there as well?

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:13 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,The zombie is in the kitchen. [b]Jerry[/b] cannot see it from where he currently is, in the cafeteria. He may enter the kitchen now, at which point he will need to roll Sanity for seeing the zombie, but he cannot also attack it in the current round. [b]Keith[/b] needs to roll Sanity, since he is entering the kitchen. [b]Alvin[/b] can't make it to the kitchen this round, only to the cafeteria (he stayed back in the hall the round before trying to help [b]Roy[/b]), so he can't see the zombie yet anyway. He also can't hear [b]Miguel[/b] from where he is. When he does see the zombie, he will not need to roll Sanity, but only because he has already lost 10 for seeing them. Normally you still need to roll Sanity for each new zombie or group of zombies you see. He is indefinitely insane, but I don't think there's any need to send a PM for this one. I'll use a spoiler button like this with his name on it. The other players are not allowed to read it.
Alvin Drummond,Your indefinite insanity is post-traumatic stress disorder. You continually think about and mentally relive your experiences in Vietnam, as today's stressful events have brought the memories back in force. You don't actually think you're back in 'Nam, but later temporary insanity could cause such a delusion.

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:30 am
by Tabs
Keith has no idea what to expect in the kitchin, fortunately, seeing the zombie has no effect upon his grip of the situation.

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:59 am
by kabukiman
Jerry entered the cafeteria, saw the zombie, but managed to keep his cold blood...
-What is that thing? Sorry, silly question...

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:59 am
by Mr. Handy
In the cafeteria-
Principal Adler followed Jerry and Keith into the kitchen as Alvin entered the cafeteria and started to make his way across, Murray right behind him.

In the kitchen-
Kate's radio squawked: "This is Emilio of the generator crew. North stairwell, ground floor. We have got the juice going as you might have observed. I hear we have visitors in the kitchen... I´m about to secure the gym from intrusion. How´s the fence going? Can you get a visual from the roof?"

Adler remained calm when he saw the undead intruder. He hefted his Louisville Slugger. Kate raised her Glock and fired, holding her nightstick in her off-hand. The bullet struck the ghoul in the leg, penetrating deeply, but the creature was not slowed much. She fired again and hit its chest with just a glancing blow, deflected by its ribcage. Miguel tried to punch it in the head, but he stumbled and fell headlong through the open doorway, landing outside in the construction area.

The zombie lumbered forward and reached out for her. She avoided its arms, but its gnashing teeth closed in. She desperately raised her nightstick to ward them off, and ended up knocking it out the door after Miguel. She shot it one more time, taking a chunk out of its head, but it was still moving.

Kate's radio crackled again with another voice: "This is Dr. Saunders, in the lab. I'm looking out the window, and I can see a few them hitting the fence and going down, so the juice is definitely on. Be careful, there's another one just reaching the building's northeast corner and one crawling out of the football field into the parking lot to the north. We're almost done up here. We just need...five more minutes."
OOC,Those in the kitchen cannot attack the zombie hand-to-hand this round. You will have to move outside this round in order to do so next round. If you do, make another Sanity roll for seeing the second zombie. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. If you have a gun, you may shoot at the first zombie from here, but there's no time to aim at the head. It will take 7 more damage to the head or 28 damage total to finish it off.
In the construction area-
Miguel landed very hard on the concrete oustide the kitchen. The zombie was knocked back out after him. Groaning, he looked around and saw another zombie shambling past the northeast corner of the school - and it saw him! He recoiled, terrified at being trapped outside with two of them while his gun was jammed. It was more than he could take, and panic overwhelmed him. He was frozen in place, unable to move.

Coach Moore jumped when he heard the gunshots. "I've gotta go help out, Roy," he said, running through the door into the cafeteria behind Alvin. "Don't feel you need to follow and risk your life again, you've done more than enough." Sharon Kaplan went with him.

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:17 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Alvin froze in place with the gunshots and he crouched looking around for the enemy. "VC VC VC in the area. Repeat VC in the area. Need Napalm on my area. Send help fast!"

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:15 pm
by Tabs
Keith fires two shots at the zombie, striking the target.
Shots,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2050861/]Beretta 45% (1d100=17,1d100=76)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2050863/]Damage to zombie (1d10=7)[/url] ROF is 2, so is it correct to roll for each shot?
"Miguel! Miguel!"

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:41 pm
by kabukiman
Jerry will go out to try to grab Miguel and bring him inside.
-Just concentrate in killing that thing, ok? I'l help Miguel.

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:21 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Yes, [b]Keith[/b], you did it right. This is a slow zombie, so you'll get both shots off before it attacks. Roll 1d20 for a hit location for the bullet that hit. If it's a 19 or 20, it hits it in the head and the 7 damage will be enough to kill it. [b]Jerry[/b], you need to roll Sanity now. When you went outside, you saw the second zombie.

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:08 pm
by Squidcorp
East Hall outside Cafeteria
Roy gets up stiffly and snatches his bat off the floor. He lumbers painfully into the cafeteria heading for the source of all the noise.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 am
by Tabs
Hit Location,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2052445/]Where does the bullet strike? (1d20=12)[/url]

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:26 pm
by kabukiman
Mr Handy,Could you please make my rolls? I should get my new computer tomorow (finally!), and I still need to transfer all the data to it, so it should take some days.

Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:08 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I rolled Sanity for [b]Jerry Law[/b]. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2053500/]He passed[/url].

Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:32 pm
by kabukiman
So Jerry try to help Miguel. But if there is a risk of getting attacked immediately, he will defend himself.

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:28 am
by Mr. Handy
In the cafeteria-
Roy staggered in from the hall, his ribs still causing him a lot of pain. Murray remained there at Alvin's side, looking up at him with sad eyes. Ron Moore and Sharon Kaplan rushed into the kitchen.

In the kitchen-
One of Keith's shots hit the zombie full in the chest, but that didn't deter it in the slightest. Kate also fired through the open doorway, The bullet flew true, blowing one of its legs clean off. She pulled the trigger again, but the Glock only clicked. It was empty.

Principal Adler charged out the door, his bat held high.
OOC,Anyone going outside will need to roll Sanity for seeing the second zombie. [b]Keith[/b], you may fire up to two times at the wounded zombie. 5 or more damage to any locations will destroy it. You cannot see the second zombie from inside the kitchen.
Jerry Law hurried outside. Miguel still lay frozen on the concrete, and the one-legged zombie crawled up to him, but it couldn't reach him yet. The other zombie approached from the north, passing by the door to the gym and making a beeline for Miguel and Jerry. Adler charged out, seeing the other zombie, but he took it in stride.
OOC,Both zombies will be able to attack this round. [b]Jerry[/b] may attack one of them (he has a nightstick, remember). Trying to hit a zombie in the head will mean -5 to your skill, but if you're attacking the one that's almost dead, you don't need to target the head to put it down. You also get a chance to parry by making a second roll against your skill with the nightstick, in case one of the zombies succeeds with its Bite attack. If you want to try to pull [b]Miguel[/b] inside, you'll need to make a Resistance Table roll of your STR of 14 against his SIZ of 13, which gives you a 55% chance. You'll need to use both hands, so you can't parry in this case, but you can still try to dodge the zombies whether you succeed or fail to move [b]Miguel[/b]. Give me two Dodge rolls if you try that, just in case.

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:27 am
by kabukiman
Jerry trie to attack the zombie who was badly hurt, but was so nervous that he failed...

Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:31 pm
by Tabs
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2058050/]Beretta 45% (1d100=74, 1d100=20)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2058051/]Damage (1d10=7)[/url]
"Yeaaaah!" says an excited Keith as another bullet strikes the zombie.

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:14 am
by Squidcorp
Cafeteria

Roy shuffles through the cafeteria cursing the pain but attracted to the sounds of conflict beyond, Coach's motivating slogans running through his head like mantras.

Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:27 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Alvin got up and petted Murry. He then slowly advanced to the kitchen door.

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:25 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Keith[/b]'s second shot will finish off that zombie, but the first one missed, and at this point the zombie is close enough to [b]Miguel[/b] that you'll need to roll Luck to make sure it doesn't hit him by mistake.

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:23 am
by kabukiman
OOC,And Jerry?

Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:50 am
by Tabs
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2060296/]Luck 60% (1d100=54)[/url]
Satisfactorily the zombie is kaput. Luckily the first shot of Keith's, though dangerously close to Miguel, passes by him.

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:53 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Keith[/b] had to roll Luck because he was firing into melee combat. [b]Jerry[/b] attacked hand-to-hand, so he does not need to roll Luck. The only way he could have hit [b]Miguel[/b] by mistake would have been if he had rolled a critical miss (96 or higher).

Posted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:07 am
by kabukiman
So, Jerry will take Miguel inside as fast as he can.

Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:58 pm
by Mr. Handy
In the cafeteria-
Murray followed Alvin and Roy into the kitchen.

In the kitchen-
Kate, Sharon, and Ron rushed outside. Kate reloaded her pistol as she ran.
OOC,Anyone in the kitchen cannot see or attack the zombie yet. [b]Roy[/b] and [b]Keith[/b], If you go outside, you'll need to roll Sanity for seeing it with a Sanity loss of 0/1d10. [b]Alvin[/b] already lost 10 points for seeing zombies, so he does not need to roll.
The zombie that Keith had shot stopped moving mere inches from Miguel, but the other one arrived from the north. Kate recoiled in horror, her mind overwhelmed, but her surging adrenaline spurred her to action anyway. Sharon Kaplan was also frightened a good deal, and she could not handle it. All she could do was wail in despair. Only Ron Moore was unaffected by its presence.

The zombie staggered closer, heading right for Jerry, but it stumbled and fell at his feet. Principal Adler rushed in and swung his bat at its head, missing by just a hair.
OOC,[b]Jerry[/b], if you want to try to pick [b]Miguel[/b] up and run inside, you'll need to roll your STR of 14 against his SIZ of 13 on the Resistance Table, giving you a 55% chance. Whether you succeed or fail, the zombie will attack you. You should also roll Dodge just in case if you do this. If you decide to attack the zombie instead, you have a -5 penalty if you want to try to hit it in the head. You cannot roll Dodge if you attack, but you may try to parry its bite. To do this, make a second roll against your weapon skill, this time without any penalty.

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:34 pm
by Tabs
Keith marches forward in an attempt to help in the rescue of Miguel and to protect Jerry. The sight of another zombie is a jolt, but the effect is not too shocking. "Quick, Jerry, hurry, we can do it."
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2064555/]Sanity 60% (1d100=64)[/url] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2064557/]Sanity loss (1d10=3)[/url]

Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:17 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Alvin walked to the door with his hatchet in his hand ready to be used

Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:20 am
by kabukiman
OOC: I should have attacked the zombie :x

Jerry lift Miguel as easyas a baby, but felt the full force of the monster.

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:30 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I haven't seen a post for [b]Roy[/b], so I'm gong to assume he goes outside toward the fighting, since that's where he was heading.
In the kitchen-
Murray and Roy also ran outside through the open door, following Alvin and Keith.

Kate fired, hitting the zombie in the leg for massive damage and sending it sprawling. Coach Ron Moore rushed forward and slashed its head with his saber, lopping it off at the neck. The headless corpse fell onto the concrete, twitching. The severed head landed next to it, its teeth still gnashing but unable to bite anyone.

Murray and Roy emerged a second later. Jerry carried Miguel back to the kitchen door and inside.

"Nicely done, Coach!" said Adler.

"It was a team effort, boss," said the coach modestly.

Adler put an arm around his vice principal. "Sharon, it's over," he said gently. "I need you back now, okay?"

Sharon just continued crying.

Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:12 pm
by Squidcorp
Construction Area

Roy grins and butts shoulders with Coach Moore in their customary way, but winces in pain with the contact,

"Hooa-agh. 'No quarter,' Coach! ...Ow."

Still wincing, Roy looks up and down the wall of the school and around the construction area for any more zombies.

Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:15 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Alvin said to Murry, "VC are gone VC are gone." He entered the kitchen once more.

Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:03 am
by Tabs
"Is it all over? Phew! That was exciting, I mean, is everybody okay?" Keith corrects himself.
He goes to help Miguel.

Looking around at the zombie corpses he winces, "Urgh, disgustin'!"

His gaze follows Alvin, "I wonder if that guy is right in the head?" Keith thinks.

Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:20 am
by kabukiman
-Let's barricade this door to avoid any nasty surprises. But yes, team work really works.

Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:41 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
Victory?