IC-GOLD-Quarantine(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Re: IC-GOLD-Quarantine(Everyone)

Post by ryansommer »

Frank lowered his rifle: "That was a close one. Sir, with all due respect, we've been in the field all damn day and have a shit ton of intel on what's going on out there. You put this entire base in jepody by ignoring our warnings. It's time to throw all this rank and file crap into the trash and start listening to each other and working together. It's the only way to survive. Believe me, sir, I know because we tried the same shit at the diner. It didn't work for a second. As soon as we starting working together as humans trying to survuve; sharing resources, sharing weapons, and watching out for each other, we were able to hold our ground. After all, in the end, we are all just bags of flesh trying to not get eaten by the undead. It would go along way in preventing that, if we allowed these fellow survivors to be armed just as we are to they can watch your back, when Ellison here can't." Frank gave a good speech, he only hoped it was good enough to convince the captain to start working as a team.

Keith, after hearing all the gun shots, runs off to find Melinda.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Melinda is anxious to see if the end of the gunshot is a good or bad thing...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Frank Hodges,Unfortunately, your overconfidence penalty is -20 due to [b]Johansen[/b]'s 20 EDU, so that roll does not succeed.
OOC,I had wanted to wait for richgav to post for [b]Tom Wu[/b], but it's been a while and there's still nothing, so I'll update now. Richgav, you can post for [b]Tom Wu[/b] any time you're ready. You're in the intake area.
In the intake area-
"I thought all that would be over with once we got here," Amanda said. "I'm just relieved we're all right."

Zorie glanced over at Captain Drake's corpse. "I'm going to cover him," she said, picking up a sheet from one of the gurneys. "It's the only decent thing to do."

"Yes, ma'am," said one of the guards at the exit. Zorie walked over to the body and placed the sheet over it, hiding the carnage from view.

In the men's isolation ward-
"You were right about the dead rising, Airman," said Captain Johansen. "If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I'd never have believed it. Of course I will listen to any intel and advice you provide, but I cannot promise that I will do whatever you ask. I also cannot arm the civilians at this point, not even if I wanted to. Our orders are quite clear, and they come from the top." He nodded to Colin Lewis. "Have a seat, sir, and I'll take a look at your leg. Lt. Ellison, excellent work. I'm going to put you in for a medal. See what you can do for Lt. Evans. We're going to need her now more than ever."

"Yes, sir," said Barbara. "Thank you, sir." She walked over to Sara and exmained her. "She's not physically injured, sir." She gently touched her shoulder. "Sara, it's me, Barbara. You're safe now. Please get up. We need your help with the wounded." She shrugged. "It's no good, sir. She's not responsive."

"I'll have to help her myself. Lt. Gomez, see to the civilian's leg. Senior Airman Coltrane, I need you and Airman Hodges to gather everyone back at the intake area for triage and examinations. We'll head back there once we're done in here."

"Yes, sir," said Oscar Gomez. He put ointment on Colin's leg injury and wrapped it in gauze, but there was a limit to what he could do.

"I'm sorry about your leg, sir," said Catherine Rourke to Colin. She offered him her hand. "Come on, I'll help you back to the intake area." She looked at Captain Johansen. "Sir, your suit!"

"I know, Airman," said the captain, gazing at the bullethole that had breached his orange suit.

"You know the protocol, sir. You need to be screened and kept for observation along with everyone else."

"Yes, I'm aware of that." He approached Lt. Evans. "Lieutenant, get up. You're needed!"

Sara moaned softly, but did not rise.

In the operating theater-
"Yes, sir," Coltrane said to Captain Johansen. "Let's go, Hodges." He walked by Keith and Melinda. "Come on, you lovebirds. Let's go rejoin our friends."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Mr Handy,Did Melinda heard about that talk of the protocol?
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Colin grunted and rose up following the crowd.
Mr Handy,How badly was he hurt and how many hp's does he have left?
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Melinda[/b], roll Listen to see if you heard what was said in the men's ward. [b]Keith[/b] may roll too. [b]Hodges[/b] and [b]Coltrane[/b] heard it automatically since they were at the door. [b]Colin[/b]'s damage and healing were shown in the linked rolls and are already reflected on his character sheet. He started with 17 HP, got hit for 5, and got healed for 1, so he is currently at 13. Treatment with Medicine can help him recover a little more, but it will take some time. He can walk okay at this point, it's just painful.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Frank Hodges -
"Roger that sir" Disgusted with what was happening so far, Frank begrudgingly walked back to the intake area.

Keith-
Keith ran up to Melinda and gave her a big hug. "Careful sweety. We are weaponless and one of those things could have gotten you"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-I know! That's why I wanted that we all leave. I'm starting to think it was mistake to come here.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Colin said, "I told you guys that it was a mistake to come here and now we will not be able to leave."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the men's isolation ward-
Captain Johansen sighed. "Rourke, Simpson, carry her," he ordered. "Everyone back to the intake area." He covered Major MacPherson's body with a sheet, took her sidearm and magazines, and followed the others out.

"Yes, sir!" said Catherine Rourke. She and Gary Simpson picked up Lt. Sara Evans gently and carried her out to the operating theater. Lt. Barbara Ellison followed.
OOC,[b]Lt. Gomez[/b], I'm still waiting for a post from you. The captain has ordered you to go with him.
Coltrane followed Hodges back to the intake area as Captain Johansen and the others emerged from the men's ward. "Let's get back to the intake area for triage and screening," the captain told Keith, Melinda, and Colin.

Sara groaned and slowly came to her senses. "Huh...wha..." she muttered. The orderlies put her down. She shook her head and looked at the floor. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, ma'am," said Catherine.

In the intake area-
"What happened?" Lt. Doolittle asked when Coltrane and Hodges returned.

"It seems their patient died and then rose up, ma'am," said Coltrane. "He attacked the medical staff, and they returned fire wildly. Major MacPherson was killed in the crossfire, and then she rose. Luckily they put her down before she could hurt anyone. Captain Johansen was wounded by one of his own bullets."

"So it's over?" asked Beth.
OOC,[b]Tom Wu[/b], I'm still waiting for you to post as well.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Roryn
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by Roryn »

With the commotion now dying down Lt. Gomez hastily checked over his suits for any breaches, comforted by the fact that he finds non he then quickly caught back up with the captain.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Frank
"Yeah. I know you did, Collin. We are past that, though. What's done is done. We are here now and figure out a way to get ourselves out of here.

Keith
"Well doesn't this just suck ass" he said aloud and he walked back with Melinda to the intake area.
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by thewordwasaphex »

SImpson fell in beside Johansen, trying to be inconspicuous; he felt acutely aware he'd lost it when the old guy went nutso... and acutely embarressed by that fact.
Spoiler:
I'm rusty, so feel free to call me a dufus if I mess up! :D
Last edited by thewordwasaphex on Tue May 19, 2009 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Don't sweat it, you're not a doofus. [b]Gary Simpson[/b] has already left the men's ward under orders to go with [b]Captain Johansen[/b] and is currently in the operating theater. He was told to go to the intake area, which is through a pair of double doors.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

Ahhh,OK, original post edited.
Roryn
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by Roryn »

Lt. Gomez
Catching back up with the Captain now in the operating theater, Gomez asks Johansen "Sir, Shouldnt we take care of the things corpse back there and clean the mess up before we start to process people through?"
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

Simpson re-adjusted the strap of his M-16 nervously. The Lieutenant was probably right, but Simpson kept his mouth shut and satisfied himself with a curt nod. He was gonna be wallpaper for a little while and hope everyone forgot about him losing it in the iso-ward...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Our first priority is to take care of the wounded living," said Captain Johansen to Lt .Gomez as he made his way back to the intake area. "The dead have to come second. We won't be sending anyone back to the wards until after the screening is done, anyway. I suppose we can spare the orderlies for a little while, but we need every nurse we have - especially now. Rourke and Simpson, go take the bodies of Major MacPherson and Mr. Crane to the morgue, then clean up the ward. Everyone else, follow me."

"Yes, sir," said Catherine. She returned to the men's ward while Johansen entered the intake area. Evans and Ellison followed him.

In the intake area-
Captain Johansen strode in from the operating theater with the two female nurses behind him. "Senior Airman Wu, take Captain Drake's body to the morgue. Everyone listen up! The situation here has been resolved, and we are all safe now. It does appear that the infection is somehow causing the dead to be reanimated and attack the living, but as long as we keep an eye on things and make sure nobody dies, then we have nothing to worry about. I'm now in command, and believe it or not I do understand your feelings. My suit was breached, and I am now subject to the same quarantine and screening process that the rest of you are. I'm not going to be able to go anywhere else on the base until I'm given a clean bill of health. The nurses and I will examine and treat the wounded. Ms. Spooner and Ms. Deeds, your medical assistance would be much appreciated."
OOC,[b]Tom Wu[/b], in order to see if you can carry [b]Drake[/b]'s body, you must roll on the Resistance Table on 1d100, using your STR of 14 against his SIZ of 12. This gives you a 60% chance. If you fail, you can't move him far, but you'll be able to try again the following turn. If you succeed, you can carry his body into the operating theater this turn, and you can move further the next turn. The morgue is located past the men's isolation ward, on the opposite side from the operating theater.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

Sinpson moves up to assist in the clean-up operation, swinging his M-16 around and onto his back as he does so.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Colin said, "Captain what are my orders SIR?"

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”