IC-GOLD-Quarantine(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Quarantine(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the intake area-
"Come in here and lie down on a gurney," Capatain Johansen called back to Colin. "We'll treat your leg injury."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Colin did as he was asked and laid down on a gurney.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Roryn
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by Roryn »

"Yes Sir!" Replied Lt.Gomez to the Captains orders, happy that they were not going to leaves Cranes corpse lying there to possibly get up again. He followed Johansen closely into the intake area where he listened carefully to the Captains as he addressed the new intakes, he was shocked to hear the Captains suit had been breached he quickly glimpsed down to view the bullet wound in Johansen's leg. Gomez watched Johansen and 2 female nurses go back into the operating theatre, and asked the captain "Sir Maybe I should treat your leg after we see to Mr Lewis?" he continued "Or would you see it better for me to treat other patients first? Sir".
Spoiler:
[Spoiler-Button]OOC:?[/Spoiler-Button]How many actions does each player get per round/turn, sorry for the newbish question >.<
Last edited by Roryn on Sat May 23, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Normally you get one action per turn unless I specifically state otherwise. Things like moving to another room/area or engaging in combat count as your action for the turn, though some guns such as your Beretta can fire more than once per round. You moved to the intake area this turn, so you can't take other actions until next turn. Simple things like speaking (as you have done) are free and can be done in addition to your action for the turn, provided it's not a very long speech. Treating someone's injuries will take up at least a turn's action. Some long-term actions must be carried out over multiple turns, but with more people helping they can go faster.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by thewordwasaphex »

*I'm probably better qualified to treat the Captain's injuries, Gomez...." Simpson said with irritation.
Roryn
Layman
Layman

Post by Roryn »

"Simpson, When adressing a officer you alway refer to him as Sir." replied 2Lt.Gomez with a smirk on his face.
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

Simpson throws a smart salute without missing a step and mutters an apology.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

Frank-

"Well, lets get on with it, then" Frank said. "Come on, everyone, let's line up and geta looking at."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Richgav hasn't joined us yet, so I'll play [b]Tom Wu[/b] as an NPC until he does. [b]Simpson[/b] and [b]Gomez[/b] are not in the same area, though they can still talk via radio. [b]Gomez[/b] is in the intake area, but [b]Simpson[/b] and [b]Rourke[/b] are in the men's ward.
In the intake area-
"My wound's already been bandaged," said Captain Johansen. "It can wait until everyone else is taken care of. Ms. Spooner, let me see to you personally. Ms. Deeds, why don't you take a look at Mr. Lewis? Lt. Evans, take a look at Airman Hodges. You can assign the other nurses to assist whoever needs it."

"Yes, sir," said Lt. Sara Evans. She went over to Frank Hodges. "Let me clean and redress your wounds, Airman." She removed his bandages and started to clean and disinfect his injuries, but she wasn't quite able to improve his condition. "Barbara, come over here and give me a hand. Oscar, go help out with Mr. Lewis."

"Sure," said Lt. Ellison, assisting her, but there wasn't much she could do either.

Amanda began to examine Colin's leg, but she wasn't able to make him any better.

Zorie Spooner lay on a stretcher and tried to help Captain Johansen with her injury, but she couldn't be of much assistance. "Just take it easy there, ma'am. I'll do all the work, you just lie down and relax." He managed to ease her pain even through her suit, but it limited what he could accomplish.

Senior Airman Tom Wu went over to Drake's body. He bent his knees and tried to lift, but he strained his back and doubled over in pain.

"Y'know," said David, "it's not just anyone who dies that you have to watch out for. Dead bodies from before this happened can dig their way out of their graves. We've seen it happen before."

The captain paused, suddenly taken aback. "My God, the cemetery! It's just down the road to the east!" He activated his radio. "Snipers on the roof, I need you to look to the east for possible incoming threats from the cemetery!"

"I see movement!" came the reply. "A large group of men in dress uniforms, maybe twenty, and they're walking this way. No, wait, two of them are running! They're...oh God, no! NO! They're everywhere! Help, help!"

"They're not 'everywhere,'" said another man's voice on the radio, "We're clear in the other directions. We can take them."
OOC,[b]Lt. Gomez[/b], roll Medicine to start helping [b]Colin Lewis[/b]. If you succeed, roll 1d3 to see how many HP he will recover.
In the men's isolation ward-
Catherine Rourke tried to lift Major MacPherson's body, but she could not move it far on her own. "Ungh," she grunted through her teeth with the effort. "A little help here, please, Simpson." Then they heard the snipers on the radio. "Dammit, why did this have to happen now?! I'm going to miss all the fun!"
OOC,You can help [b]Catherine Rourke[/b] carry the body without having to roll anything. Together, the two of you are strong enough to guarantee success.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Roryn
Layman
Layman

Post by Roryn »

"Yes Sir" replied Lt.Gomez as he moved quickly towards Colin and started to treat him, Gomez however failed to help at all, Gomez looked puzzlingly at Colin he was convinced that the treatment should have worked. While deliberating on his next course of action and hoping the elderly women may have better luck than him at treating the patient, Lt.Gomez asked Colin quietly "Where you able to get any news while you where on your way here? What happened to the big cities? New York, Washington? Where have all the people gone?"
{OOC},{is using bold text to indicate speach ok? or should i not do that?}
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Usually I put only characters' names in bold, while speech is in plain text surrounded by quotes, but you are free to do as you wish. Some players make their characters' speech a particular color instead, using the "Font colour" button. That roll was actually a critical failure, so [b]Colin Lewis[/b] was injured for 2 damage. Any character in the room who hasn't acted yet may roll First Aid (base skill is 30%) to try to treat this new injury, and if successful you should roll 1d3 to see how many HP he recovers (to a maximum of 2, since that's how many he lost from that injury). [b]Tom Wu[/b] was also injured for 1 damage when he pulled a muscle. Anyone in the intake area who hasn't acted yet can also attempt to apply First Aid to him, and a success will heal the damage.
Lt. Gomez accidentally reopened Colin's leg wound and caused it to start bleeding again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Colin gasped in pain. "Its ok. I am going to die anyway. Just let me go, bandage me up, and let me go to the roof with a weapon to help defend this place. I am a pretty good shot."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You are not going to die, Colin," said Amanda sternly. "We can fix this little scratch right up."
OOC,[b]Colin[/b] may perform First Aid on himself, by the way.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Colin tried to stop the bleeding but it was too hard to do on himself. He lay back in pain.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

Frank-
"You'll be fine, Colin. Shit, you'll be up there sniping the enemy in a matter of moments, I would guess." Frank said with a smile.

Keith-
"I guesswe just wait our turn now." Keith said, hugging Melinda.
Roryn
Layman
Layman

Post by Roryn »

Lt.Gomez closed his eyes swearing to himself in his head, and turned a bright red colour in embarrasment. Damn iv caused more damage than those things did earlyer he thought to himself, he then open his eyes and looked at Colin "Dont worry Colin your not going to die, ill fix it dont worry" he said in a appolagetic voice.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Melinda answers the hug
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Since [b]Wu[/b] and [b]Simpson[/b]'s players haven't posted yet, I'll take them over temporarily as NPCs until they do.
Beth approached Colin. "Here, let me help," she said. "I know a little first aid." But when she tried, she only made it worse due her state of panic, breaching an artery and causing blood to spurt out of his leg. "Oh, God, I'm so sorry!" She backed away, shamefaced.

"I'm on it!" said Lt. Evans, rushing over to Colin and clamping the artery before he could lose much blood, repairing much of the damage.

Lt. Doolittle stood watching the entrance fearfully, her MP-5 at the ready.

"It's okay, Beth," says Robert, joining her. "At least you didn't kill anyone." He stepped in and patched up the wound that Lt. Gomez had reopened, undoing the damage.

Lt. Barbara Ellison was a moment behind Sara, and she helped her bandage Colin's leg.

Lisa tried to massage Tom Wu, but he cried out in agony at her touch, his muscles strained a little further. "I'm sorry," she said. "Normally men like it when I do that."

"Easy there," said Coltrane. "Let me give it a try." He went over to Tom and began to relieve his pain. Amanda joined him and finished the job. Within seconds, he was back on his feet.

"Thanks," he said, brushing himself off and preparing to attempt to carry the body again.

Captain Johansen continued treating Zorie Spooner. "Look alert, we may have company soon!" he told the SF troopers guarding the front door. Then he spoke into the radio. "What's going on up on the roof? Report!"

"Got both of the runners, sir!" reported one of the snipers on the radio. "The second one took two shots, but they're down for good. Now it's just the slowpokes. ETA is four minutes."

"Keep up the good work!" He opened up another channel. "Lt. Colonel Carmichael, this is Captain Johansen. The reports of the dead rising are accurate, and several of them have apparently dug their way out of their graves in the cemetery and are heading this way. They'll be here in a few minutes. Requesting backup immediately, sir!"

"Captain, calm down," replied Carmichael. "I know you're under a lot of pressure, but you need to think this through rationally."

In the men's isolation ward-
Rourke and Simpson were easily able to carry the major's corpse into the morgue.

In the morgue-
Rourke and Simpson hauled Jaclyn MacPherson's corpse into the morgue. They pulled out one of the drawers and laid her down on the slab, then closed it. "Okay, let's go back and get Crane. He's a big guy, so that's going to take a lot more effort."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

Simpson quickly followed Rourke back to where Crane's rapidly-cooling body lay, acutely aware of the relatively short time between death and reanimation mentioned by the T-Bone survivors.

"Let's get him into the morgue ASAP." he said nervously.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

-Honey, I'm thinking. How do the dead from the graveward know that we are here? They are dumb, but they all seem to understand where the living are. Is it the smell? Or the noise?

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”