IC-GOLD-Quarantine(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Quarantine(Everyone)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Handy,Is Colin with the civis or with Drake?
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Colin[/b] is one of the civilians. He can always choose to stay, but he's not being given a gun and he is hurt. And I think you mean [b]Johansen[/b], not [b]Drake[/b]. [b]Drake[/b] is dead.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Handy,Well Colin is crazy so maybe he sees dead people too?
Colin went with the civilians upstairs. He planned to get a gun as soon as he could however
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: DId Colin come to help me? I was going to slip him my pistol if he did.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Colin[/b] was helping barricade the entrance earlier, so you did have an opportunity to slip him the pistol and some ammo then. Right now he's on his way out, so this is the only chance. If you want to do this, [b]Frank[/b] and [b]Colin[/b] should both roll Conceal, and state how many magazines you're passing. If either of you succeeds, nobody else will see it. Otherwise, other people have a chance, and all PCs in the intake area (or on their way out) should roll Spot Hidden. Also note that if [b]Colin[/b] takes out the gun later to use it, others with him will notice that.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Seeing that it was too risky to give Colin a gun while everythign was quiet, Frank got into position.
"Captain, perhaprs we should give the fire ewscape keys to one of the civies? That way, they can open up our exacpe route while we provide cover if it comes to that. Besides, we are on the front lines. Having hte keys up here means that one of them has to come up to get them should we fall."

Keith grabbed Melinda's hand and walked her back to safety. "Sorry I got you into this mess, dear. We should be out there, armed and protecting ourselves."
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by thewordwasaphex »

Simpson could taste the tension in the air. He braced his gun against a crate and trained it on the barricade, all-too-aware of how flimsy it looked all of a sudden.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Aw, you mean you're not going to give a gun to the guy with 1 Sanity? What's the worst that could happen? :twisted:
In the intake area-
"Lt. Evans has the keys too, Airman," said Captain Johansen. "She'll open up the fire escape. Once she's on the other side, she can open it at will. I'll let her know on the radio if we have to retreat. Everyone get ready!" He stood near the doors to the operating theater, his pistol trained on the barricade. Lt. Barbara Ellison stood beside him and did likewise, shivering a little. Lt. Rebecca Doolittle nervously readied her MP-5, and Senior Airman Roger Coltrane stood ready with his M-16 next to Airman Frank Hodges.

"Ready to get this party started, sir!" said Airman Catherine Rourke, standing between the other orderlies.

"Got three more, Captain!" reported one of the snipers on the radio. "Six of them got past us and are moving around the side of the building to the entrance. Once they get under the overhang we can't shoot them, but we can take out that crawling one."

"Oh, God, here they come!" came the voice of one of the SF troopers oustide the front door on the radio. The sound of bursts of automatic fire came simultaneously from outside and over the airwaves in an eerie echo. "Yeah, he's down!"

"Oh, sh-" started the other one. His agonized scream was cut off after a fraction of a second.

In the operating theater-
Lt. Sara Evans winced when she heard the scream on the radio, a tear trickling down her cheek. WIth her suit in the way, she couldn't wipe it, but there was no time to spare anyway. She raced through the operating theater and the doors to the women's ward with Amanda and Zorie. Beth, Robert, David, and Lisa went with them.

Colin, Keith, and Melinda were not far behind them, and they were close to the women's ward doors now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

-It's not your fault. I'm mean, your doing your best and nobody can in true, tell that it would predict something like that. Look at the army, they were suppose to know how to react in stressful situations, but all they do is deny the gravity of the situation. And if it wasn't you, probably none of the group would have survive.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Nobody else has posted, so I'm going to go ahead and update anyway.
In the intake area-
The Air Force defenders stood ready, alarmed at what they could hear happening to the SF troopers guarding the entrance - which was even more alarming because they couldn't see it. There was another quick burst of gunfire, followed by the other man screaming in pain.

In the operating theater-
Keith, Melinda, and Colin continued to follow the group into the women's ward.

In the women's isolation ward-
Sara led the way quickly through the ward to a door on one side. "This way, hurry!" she said, pushing it open and leading the way through. The other civilians followed her into a stairwell that led up and down as Keith, Melinda, and Colin hurried to catch up.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

OOC: Does the group knows what is hapening?
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"Leave me here with a gun and I will hold them off for you. I promise when it gets too messy I will shoot myself in the head." Colin said.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Frank waited with his rifle trained on the door.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The civilians don't know what's going on outside, as they don't have radios. [b]Sara[/b] knows as much as the people in the intake area do, because she has one (and they can ask her).
In the intake area-
Two rifle shots rang out from the roof, and another burst of automatic fire came from outside, followed by another scream and a thud. Then the gunfire stopped. "My God, they got both of them!" cried Lt. Rebecca Doolittle, nervously clutching her MP-5.

"That means there will be two more joining them," said Senior Airman Roger Coltrane.

"I hope that barricade holds long enough for those reinforcements to get here," said Lt. Barbara Ellison.

Colin, Keith, and Melinda followed the others into the stairwell.

On the stairwell-
"That's not going to happen!" shouted Lt. Sara Evans to Colin as she led the way upstairs. "Nobody's going to die here. Anyway, I've only got the one gun, and I'm holding onto it."

"I love a gal who takes charge," said David, running alongside her. "Sara Evans - that's the same name as that country singer, right?"

"Yeah, I get that a lot. I don't even like country music."

"Uh, yeah, me neither. See, we've got a lot in common."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Post by thewordwasaphex »

OOC,Presumably there's a fair amount of flammable stuff kicking about in here, and how's the ventilation?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, there would be medicinal alcohol in here somewhere that could be used as accelerant, and there is plenty of gauze. Make a Spot Hidden roll to see if you can find the alcohol quickly. The intake area is well ventilated.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith scanned the area for something he could use as a weapon. An IV hanger to use as a blunt/piecing object, a discarded gun....anything.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

As Keith ran through the ward on his way to the stairs, he caught sight of an IV stand that would make a suitable blunt instrument. He also spotted a pair of scalpels on a tray of surgical equipment.
OOC,The IV stand is a large club (base skill 25%, 1d8+db damage) and the scalpels are small knives (base skill 25%, 1d4+db damage, can impale). [b]Keith[/b], you may grab either the stand or a scalpel or two, but not both, as you run by into the stairwell.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith grabs the IV stand as he runs by and points the calpes out to Melinda: "Grab one of those, sweetie. Something is better than nothing, right?"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Yes, your right. I just hope everything turns ok.

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”