IC-GOLD-Quarantine(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Re: IC-GOLD-Quarantine(Everyone)

Post by thewordwasaphex »

Simpson glanced around but couldn't immediately spot what he was looking for.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Colin said, "Give me the gun so I can use it on myself. When I finally go you will be thankful I do not rise up if I can use it now."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the stairwell-
Sara shook her head and called back down to Colin as he hurried up the stairs after her. "You're not going to die, not on my watch," she said. She had her gun in one hand and the keys in the other, and she spoke into the hands-free radio inside her suit. "Snipers on the roof, this is Lt. Evans. I'm bringing the civilians up the fire escape now." She reached the landing and unlocked the door, stepping out onto the fire escape on the south side of the building. The ladder that could be used to descend to the ground was still in the raised position, and narrow stairs led up to the roof of the building.

On the fire escape-
As Sara emerged, she caught sight of two men in dress uniforms below. One of them was crawling on the pavement and had a severe head wound, but there was no blood. The other was shambling a short distance ahead of it, and both of them were fast approaching the southwest corner of the clinic, where the entrance was. They had clearly been dead for quite some time. She kept her cool, hooked the keys on her belt, and gripped her pistol in both hands. "Everyone get up to the roof!" she called, taking aim.

David stepped outside. "Holy moly!" he cried, taken aback at the sight of the uniformed ghouls. His mind buckled, and it only just broke. He broke down and started to cry. Beth followed him out, shaken by the sight but used to it by now. Robert had much the same reaction when he joined her. Zorie emerged and stayed calm, but Amanda freaked out, completely unprepared for the horror. All of her illusions of safety were shattered, and she stopped moving. Lisa remained steady.
OOC,[b]Keith[/b] and [b]Melinda[/b], roll Sanity if you join them on the fire escape. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. [b]Colin[/b] can join them too, but he does not lose any Sanity for seeing zombies, as he has already lost the maximum of 10 for seeing them recently and is used to the sight.
In the intake area-
As the Air Force personnel waited with their weapons trained on the barricade, the sounds of battle seemed to have stopped. So far nothing had disturbed the barricade. The only noise coming from outside seemed to be an awful chewing sound.
OOC,[b]Gary Simpson[/b], you may make another Spot Hidden roll to try to find the alcohol.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Colin walked out to the fire escape.
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

Simpson figured that if society ever got back to normal after all of this, the first thing he'd do would be to buy a pair of glasses.
OOC,I posted this last night but it mysteriously disappeared!
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Melinda saw the 2 horrible gouls and was shocked
-They are coming! They are coming!
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

Keith walked out onto the roof but remained steadfast at the sight of the ghouls.
"There, there" he said, hugging Melinda. "We are safe up here. They cannot get to us."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Unfortunately, [b]Keith[/b] only has 17 Sanity and failed that roll. You must have rolled against [b]Frank[/b]'s Sanity by mistake. You lost 4 Sanity, leaving you with 13, which in this case is lucky. You're still in control of yourself.
On the fire escape-
Keith was shocked by the zombies, but managed to hang onto his wits by a thread. Sara fired twice at the standing zombie's head. The first shot misfired, but the second hit its target and heavily damaged it, though it failed to bring it down. Two rifle shots rang out from the roof above, and one of them finished off the ghoul she had just hit. The one already on the ground crawled around the corner, out of view. "Everyone get up to the roof!" she shouted. "Now!" Beth and Robert hurried up the stairs, and Lisa helped Amanda after them. The older woman didn't resist as she was moved up to the roof. Zorie went next, but David just gripped the rail and wailed "Mommy!"

In the intake area-
The chewing sound continued, but there were also ominous booted footsteps entering the vestibule and slowly approaching it. Then the pounding started. Gurneys were flung aside with ease by two men in dress Air Force uniforms, both of them with rotten flesh that showed they were long dead. These men had given their lives for their country and been buried with honor at the nearby graveyard, but they had risen from their graves to consume the flesh of the living. Once the barricade was destroyed, a third zombie walked into the intake area between them and advanced on the tasty humans. This one was one of the two SF troopers who had been guarding the exit and who had shot Captain Drake. His masticated orange Racal suit was leaking a trail of blood behind him.

Lt. Doolittle cried out in terror when she saw them. and she broke. Certain that she was a goner, she was determined to take them down with her. She opened up with her MP-5 on full auto on all three zombies. Though her shooting was wild, she amazingly riddled two of them with bullets. Only one struck the orange-suited zombie, hitting it right in the heart and exiting through its back. Unfortunately, this creature no longer had need of a heart. The rearmost zombie took six rounds to various parts of its body, but somehow it dragged its mangled self onwards. No blood came from its wounds, only embalming fluid.

Senior Airman Roger Coltrane and Airman Frank Hodges were used to seeing these things by this point, and they remained steady. Captain Johansen stood his ground. "Fire!" he ordered. "Aim for their heads!"

Lt. Barbara Ellison screamed again, but she wasn't affected by the sight too badly. Airman Catherine Rourke calmly raised her rifle. "Let's dance!" she said, excited.
OOC,[b]Frank Hodges[/b] does not need to roll Sanity, as he already lost 10 Sanity for seeing zombies recently. I do need Sanity rolls from [b]Lt. Oscar Gomez[/b], [b]Senior Airman Tom Wu[/b], and [b]Airman Gary Simpson[/b]. [b]Simpson[/b] already lost 9 points for seeing a zombie not long ago, so Sanity loss for him is 0/1. For the others, it's 0/1d10. This means you lose 0 Sanity if you roll your current Sanity score or less on 1d100, but 1d10 points if you roll higher. If you lose 5 or more Sanity, roll Idea to see if you go temporarily insane. Roll 1d100, but in this case you want to fail the roll by getting higher than your Idea score. If you do, you're free to act normally. If you get less than or equal to your Idea, you go temporarily insane and I'll let you know what happens to your character. Provided you remain sane, you have one combat round before the lead zombie reaches you. It has taken 11 damage, and it needs at least 29 damage in general to finish it off, or 10 damage to the head. You may aim at the head by taking a -5 penalty. If your weapon allows more than one shot per round, you must fire all shots at the same target if you aim for the head. A burst cannot be aimed at the head, and each bullet that hits would hit a random body part on 1d20 as in [b]Lt. Doolittle[/b]'s attack. See the Rules and Guidelines thread for hit location tables. The second and third zombies (in the dress uniforms) will not reach you this round. The second zombie has taken no damage yet, but 10 damage to the head or 40 overall will take it down. The third zombie has taken 34 damage so far, and any hits totalling at least 6 damage will finish it, regardless of hit location. If you withdraw to the operating theater instead of attacking, the zombies will be unable to reach you next round, but the captain did give you an order.
Senior Airman Tom Wu,Remember that you have a -10 penalty on your Sanity roll, so you need to get a 34 or less. If you remain sane, you must roll POW x 5 (45% in your case) or less, or be forced to run away. If you manage to stick around, you may take a shot with your rifle. If you succeed at that POW x 5 roll, you may of course still choose to run.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Does the M16 get two shots? Is this point blank for a rifle? If so, Franks first shot hits and he will take the second shot at another zed. If not, apply rolls to the first zed accordingly and I will edit my post for continuity

Frank watched as the zombies breached the doors. He focused on the most immediate threat first and fired his rifle. Both shots struck home. Hist first round exploded the head of the first zombie and the second round drove deep into the brain matter of the second, but it still advanced on the party.
Selks
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 8 months

Post by Selks »

Tom Wu was shocked and cried out in sheer terror as the sheer magnitude of seeing the zombies sunk in. As he cried out he spun on his heels and ran, fleeing the fighting and heading up the stairs to the fire escape.
Spoiler:
Seriously my first rolls and they drive me temp insane...I hate invisible castle
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The M-16 only gets one shot per round, or a burst of 3 (though a burst can't be aimed at the head). The stats are listed in the Locations and Weapons thread. Point blank range does not depend on your weapon, but on your DEX (in feet), and the zombies aren't quite that close yet. This means [b]Frank[/b]'s first and only shot missed. [b]Tom[/b], at least you didn't fail all of your rolls. Of course, you [i]wanted[/i] to fail the Idea roll. :lol:
Senior Airman Tom Wu,Your temporary insanity isn't automatically running away. Fleeing in terror will replace any result that would cause you to remain frozen in place or otherwise be incapactated, but some results allow you to act and would remain. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2186436/]In this case[/url], it would have been catatonia or stupor, so it does turn into fleeing. That may very well save your life. Your insanity lasts for 13 rounds (including this one), or until someone successfully applies Psychoanalysis to you. You'll make it to the operating theater this round, but it'll take some time before you reach the roof.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Colin hurried up the escape toward the roof.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Ahh yes. How could I forget my biggest gripe with Chaosium rules. A pistol can be double tapped, but semi automatic rifle with recoil comp in the stock cannot. :)
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

OOC,Hey, I'm going to be playing Captain Johansen.
Captain Johansen fires at the zombies, his first shot missing but the second hitting, striking a zombie in the leg, wounding it slightly. This one's for you, Jaclyn...
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Still nothing from [b]Lt. Gomez[/b] or [b]Airman Gary Simpson[/b], so I'll roll Sanity for them and go ahead with the update. I'll also roll their attacks if they remain sane, as the captain ordered them to do it, so they'll obey by default.
In the intake area-
Barbara squeezed off two shots, hitting the rearmost zombie with one and wounding it slightly. Combined with Captain Johansen's bullet, that was enough to bring it down. Simpson shook as he raised his M-16 and shot the orange-suited ghoul in the head, felling it. Lt. Oscar Gomez remained calm and shot the only remaining zombie in the head once, the second bullet going wide. It was severely wounded, but still it came. Catherine shot it with her M-16 and blew its skull apart. The bodies fell messily to the floor.

Then another corpse in a dress uniform crawled into the vestibule through the front entrance.
OOC,There's no need to roll Sanity again, as this zombie is part of the same group. Anyone may shoot at the zombie's head this round at normal skill with a -5 penalty. It will only take 2 more damage to the head to finish it.
In the operating theater-
Tom Wu fled in panic from the battle, bursting through the doors into the operating room. To the right were the double doors leading to the women's ward, where he'd find stairs leading up.

On the fire escape-
David flinched when he heard the gunfire and wrapped his arms around Sara, sobbing.

"Oh, brother!" she groaned. "Get a hold of yourself, man!" She slapped him hard, but it only made him cry louder.

On the roof-
The rest of the civilians reached the top of the fire escape and emerged onto the roof. Two men in orange Racal suits with M-24 sniper rifles stood at the southwest corner of the rooftop. A helipad was in the center, apparently for medevac choppers, though the pad was currently empty. Gunfire could be heard from below their position, though no zombies were visible. "This is Airman Wesson!" said one of them into his suit's internal radio. "We have a breach! What's the ETA on our backup?" He nodded and turned to the new arrivals. "They should be here any minute now."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Captain Johansen takes aim at the zombie, hitting it once and blowing it's brain's out. Die, motherfucker, die!
Mr. Handy,:oops: Should I re-roll damage too? I re-rolled and got [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2192227/]a nine.[/url] Keep the old roll or replace it?
Last edited by kouchpotato on Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You'd better reroll the attack rolls. You rolled on 1d10 by mistake instead of 1d100.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Thanks for rerolling. Your damage roll can stand as it is, but your hit was 1/5 of your effective skill, which makes it an impale, causing an additional 1d10 damage. For that I'd just use your second damage roll from earlier, but it doesn't matter. Any additional damage would be enough. The zombie is now dead, and you also saved a bullet, as you never needed to fire the second shot.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

Airman Simpson, despite recent tanglings with the undead, was shocked enough by the sight of the barricade being breached that he was slower than his colleagues to react. Fortunately, his colleagues dealt with the situation with impressive lethality. Snapping back to focus, Simpson whooped as the last Zombie's head exploded, and threw a disapproving glance at the rapidly-departing Airman Wu.

"Quick! Does anyone see any rubbing alcohol or other flammable liquids anywhere?" he yelled.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I already rolled Sanity for [b]Gary Simpson[/b] in my update (he failed and lost 1 Sanity), and I rolled his shot as well. He hit and killed one of the zombies. Anyone who wants to look around the intake area for alcohol this round (including [b]Simpson[/b]) may roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”