IC-GOLD-Quarantine(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Re: IC-GOLD-Quarantine(Everyone)

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Does Frank hear the conversation between Carmichael and Johnson?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Frank[/b] can hear [b]Johansen[/b]'s end of the conversation, but not [b]Carmichael[/b]'s reply. [b]Johansen[/b] switched to a different channel, and he does not know which one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Colin grunted in pain, "Watch it dear, you want me to die?" He looked around and said, "Can someone please give me a gun so at least I can go out swinging and shoot myself in the head before I die?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Frank pased the room, not liking the situation he was in one bit. He was deadly recon scout and being trapped inside a building did not suit him well at all.
Frank approached Johnson: "Sir, permission to resupply? I am very low on ammo and my weapon could stand to be cleaned."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Frank[/b] actually isn't all that low on ammo, if you check the Locations and Weapons thread. He has seven full 30-round magazines for his M-16 along with a partial one, and he has 8 full .45 magazines plus a bullet in the chamber.
In the intake area-
"Nobody else is going to die," Captain Johansen assured Colin Lewis. "I'm not authorized to arm civilians, but Lt. Colonel Carmichael is. Airman Hodges, this is not an armory, and we do not store ammo and weapons here. If you need reloads, ask Senior Airman Wu if he or his orderlies can spare some of their magazines. As for going out of the building to resupply, that's not going to happen. We're under quarantine - and that includes me. If you'll let me speak to the colonel, I'll see about getting us some resupply. You can clean your weapon, but do it fast." He activated his throat microphone. "Sir, we are going to be under attack within just a few minutes. Surely you've heard reports of the snipers on the roof firing. These hostiles are inside the base perimeter and heading our way. We need immediate reinforcements and resupply!"

"Captain, I don't believe any of this nonsense about the dead rising," replied Carmichael. "I have already ordered a squad to your location to back you up. It should arrive in less than ten minutes."

"Sir, we don't have that long!"

"I'm sorry, Captain, but the logistics are what they are. They can't get there any faster. You're just going to have to hold out until they do."

"Understood, sir. We're going to need more ammo and weapons too. Can we at least arm the civilians?"

"Captain, you know the rules. The personnel you have on hand already should be sufficient to withstand this attack without their aid."

Johansen switched back to the regular channel. "Rourke and Simpson, I need you back in the intake area on the double! We're facing imminent attack, but reinforcements are on the way."

"Two more down, sir!" reported the sniper who had spoken earlier. "Sixteen to go. Wesson, what the hell have you been shooting at?! There's nothing in that direction!"

"But I thought..." said the other sniper. "I'm sorry, I...it won't happen again."

In the men's isolation ward-
Catherine Rourke returned to the men's ward with Gary Simpson. Both of them heard the captain's order on the radio. "He's not going anywhere," said Rourke, gesturing at Crane's body. "He's been put down for good. If he were going to get back up, he'd have done it already. Come on, let's head back to the intake area! There are some moving ones that need putting down!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Colin said, "When I was in the army and we were it situations like this here...even though it may have been conterminding orders my squad leader did what he had do with the situation at hand. If your superior does not realize what is going on and you do why not arm us? What is the worst that could happen?" Colin saw that his persuading did not work.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Frank moved to Johnson: "Well, now you know how I felt a moment ago, eh? Forget Carmichael. He's obvously not going to listen. It's time to do what you know needs to be done. We need to fortify and prepare. Being prepared means arming everyone here that can shoot. I've been with these folks all day and I trust my lives to them. We have to, or we'll all be dead in a few moments. If the guns they came with are not available, then we can distribute our sidearms amongst them. It's better than nothing."
Frank looked around the room to get a lay of the land. "Is there room access to this building? We need to get up there if we can. It's teh safest place."
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by thewordwasaphex »

Simpson jogged back to the intake area with Rourke, checking his rifle en route. He couldn't shake the feeling, however, that leaving Crane's body where it was could be a fatal mistake...
Roryn
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by Roryn »

Recovering from the experience he had just had with Colin, Lt.Gomez pulled out his pistol and shakily took of its safety.
"Does anyone need ammo?" Gomez called out " I Have a Clip or two to spare if needed."

Spoiler:
Is there a post with a detailed description of the intake area?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?p=77342#p77342]This post[/url] has the best description of the intake area, but it isn't much. There are only two exits: the vestibule where [b]Drake[/b]'s body lies, and the double doors leading to the operating theater. The area is large and filled with gurneys as well as medical equipment and supplies, but little else in the way of furniture. If you have any specific questions about the intake area, feel free to ask.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Roryn
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by Roryn »

"Mabey we should make barriers at the entrance out of those gurneys?" asks Gomez
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Sounds like there is no roof access then?
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

Simpson takes position behind some crates so that he can clearly cover the vestibule entrance and the sliding doors. He exhales heavily, trying to fight down the fear rising in his chest.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Keith looks around: "Without roof access, the operating theater is our only line of retreat. We need to get some barricades up at those doors so we can easily retreat back there and block the path behind us."
"Come on, Melinda. Give me a hand, sweetie." Keith reaches for her hand as he starts to move towards the operating theater doors.

Frank:
"Lets start moving crates so we can barricaed the main doors once our snipers arrive."
OOC: Handy, I would like to try and persuage Captain Jahansen to give the civvies their weapons, if I can
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the operating theater-
Simpson and Rourke rushed into the OR from the men's ward and raced across the floor, which unlike the bloody floor in the men's ward was still clean. They were nearing the double doors back to the lobby when they heard the captain speaking from the intake area.

In the intake area-
"Good thinking, Gomez!" said Johansen. "Everyone who can, help him move the gurneys and block off the main entrance." He turned to Hodges while Gomez and several others began to block off the vestibule. "There's no direct access to the roof. They wanted to make sure that the snipers weren't placed at risk in the event of an outbreak within this quarantined facility. There are fire escapes, however, that could be accessed upstairs. They've been locked to prevent the spread of the infection, but I have keys just in case and so does Lt. Evans. Major MacPherson and Captain Drake had them too. If there's a breach, retreating there is an option. The stairs are accessible from the women's ward. I'm sorry, but I simply can't authorize distributing weapons to the civilians. I have my orders. Believe me, I sympathize."

With so many people helping, a quick barricade made out of gurneys was assembled to block off the vestibule, where Drake's body lay.

"Yee-hah!" came Wesson's voice over the radio. "I just got two more of them, sir. Fourteen left."

"Keep it up, Airman," replied Johansen over the radio. "We need you to take out as many as you can before they arrive to even up the odds."

"Will do, sir," said the other sniper. "It won't be possible to get 'em all, but hopefully we won't leave you with too many."
OOC,[b]Frank Hodges[/b], go ahead and roll Persuade. Enough time has gone by that you can try it. However, he will be reluctant to disobey a direct order, so you might not get what you're hoping for even if you succeed, at least not right away, but having death staring him in the face is helping to open his mind.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Sir, I know you have your orders about arming the civilians but we need all the help we can get. When the shit hits the fan, and believe me it will, you're going to want them at your side. They've been out there battling for their lives all day. They know what's going on and know the score." Frank leans in a little and lowers his voice: "You saw how Lt. Evans froze up back there. The soliers here have no idea whats going on out there and many won't be able to handle it. These people, here, they can and have been all day."
Frank straighted again and continued in a normal tone: "I owe my life to these people, each and everyone of them and by the end of the day, you may as well."
As stirring as he thought his speach was, Frank knew he could not persuade the Captain.

Keith-
Keith helped to move gurneys to barricade the main door.
thewordwasaphex
Keeper
Keeper

Whilst helping barricade the doors, Simpson glances at Drake's body to see if the fire escape keys are clearly visible.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Melinda is helping Keith.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Frank begins to create a barricade to ward off the attackers. He struggles briefly with a large crate: "Colin. Can you give me a hand with this?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the intake area-
Simpson and Rourke rushed into the intake area from the operating theater. While Simpson did not get back before his view of the vestibule was cut off by the construction of the barricade, he did recall having noticed before that Captain Drake had been wearing a utility belt on the outside of his orange suit, and that he had a ring of keys attached to it. He also had his sidearm holstered on his belt, along with an ammo pouch. None of that did any good by this point, as there was now no way to get to the corpse without tearing down the barricade.

The survivors and the Air Force personnel quickly reinforced the barricade with all of the available gurneys, and it was now as strong as it was going to get. "Lt. Evans, lead all of the civilians upstairs. I'll give you the all clear on the radio when it's safe to come back."

"But, sir-" she started.

"Go, Sara! That's an order!"

"Yes, sir." She and Amanda helped Zorie up. "Come on, let's hurry. This way!" They went through the doors to the operating theater. David, Robert, Beth, and Lisa hurried after them.

Captain Drake moved back to the entrance to the operating theater. "Everyone else is with me. We'll hold the line here. If the barricade is breached and we have to, we can fall back and give our relief time to get here. Position yourselves near this door so we can retreat in a hurry." The other military personnel started moving to join him and pointed their weapons at the door. "Everyone make sure you have a full magazine loaded!" He swapped out his own pistol's magazine, as did Lt. Barbara Ellison with hers.

"Four more down and one badly wounded and crawling!" reported one of the snipers on the radio. "That leaves nine on their feet. ETA less than one minute!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”