IC-OMAHA-Endgame(Everyone else)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-OMAHA-Endgame(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 4:27 PM Central Time - Brooks High School, Omaha, Nebraska
On the roof-
"Sorry, this is the only gun I've got on me," said Erica Spears to Megan Petrovich as she took aim at a wounded ghoul. "We lost most of our weapons and ammo at the airfield. I lent my Grease gun to Lucy and my Beretta to Stephanie. Dr. Hausmann's got Bob's Beretta, and Dr. Smith has a Ruger P-85 that belonged to State Police Sergeant Diane Ford. Neither Bob nor Sergeant Ford made it." She got a sad and distant look which then turned to anger. She fired again, striking her target in the head and finishing it off. Only one zombie from the original group remained. It was still clawing at the bottom of the fence and trying to claw through, and it was nearly done. The other zombies gathering all around the fence were making progress too, but they had arrived later and weren't quite as far along.

Elijah Smith walked over to Adam Donnelly and examined the device with curiosity. "Is this the EMP generator?" he asked. "Is something wrong with it?"

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
Lucy Armstrong followed Becky Clarke through the door on the landing and into the hall.

In the north hall, upper floor-
Lucy went with Becky into the special projects lab as Rachel Cohen emerged, and Julianne Landers made her way to the balcony. The hallway was otherwise clear in all directions. Rachel looked inside the science classroom across the hall, which was empty.

In the special projects lab-
"I've also run the simulations several times," said Dr. Hausmann. "You can see the resulting data on the memory stick. We have also done some investigation into the toxin that the bite spreads. We did not have any samples, but we know that one woman at least seemed to be immune: a federal agent named Kimberly. She was bitten defending the helicopter when it landed in Brownson to refuel, before it picked us up, but she did not show any symptoms. Perhaps she is still a carrier, but we don't know. We had no time to run tests or even get a sample of her blood, and all we can do is speculate about why she may be immune. She mentioned that she has sickle-cell trait. It protects against malaria, so maybe it protects against this too. Another possibility is that psychoactive drugs may provide resistance to the toxin. Kimberly had taken LSD during undercover drug investigations. There was a woman who was killed in by a swarm of those mosquitos who had been taking Valium. Those with her were killed by the poisonous stings, but they did not seem to affect her. Instead, the creatures ripped her apart. Still, we do not even know if that poison is the same one that is transmitted from the bites of the dead, only that it seems similar. What we need are samples to analyze."

Stephanie looked up when Becky and Lucy walked in. "Hey, Lucy, good to see you again," she said, still typing away. "What's going on out there?"

"I was hoping you'd know," said Lucy.

In the southeast hall, upper floor-
"Thanks, Diana," said LaTanya as the other girl helped her up. "Yes, I can walk, but I'd still better see the nurse." She picked up the 9mm pistol, which Kyle had dropped when he had been knocked out by the baseball. He lay still, a lump forming on his head. He did not move even when Diana took his shotgun. "We're okay! He's down for the count!" She limped back to the balcony.

On the balcony-
Julianne crept onto the balcony, where she found Darnell standing stunned. LaTanya stumbled back from the southeast hall, her eyes overflowing with tears. Darnell slowly came to his senses.
OOC,[b]Darnell[/b], you may act freely again.
In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Ron Moore remained where he was, seemingly uncertain of what he should be doing.

In the north hall, ground floor-
Miguel spun on his heel. "Right, the keys," he said. He hurried back to the lobby, leaving Keith and Jerry behind.

In the lobby-
Miguel entered from the north hall and unlocked the security office's door for Vice Principal Sharon Kaplan. At about the same time, Tariq al-Tikriti and Lori Desmond arrived from the east hall. Amelia Delacroix was next, with Principal Lawrence Adler bringing up the rear. "We've got trouble in the cafeteria," said the principal, brandishing his bat. "At least one of those things broke open the kitchen's fire exit and got inside. We barricaded the door to the cafeteria, but it won't hold long." He cocked an ear. "Thought I heard something. What happened out here?"

Amelia gasped. "Oh no!" she said. "Sounds like the barricade just got broken in!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: IC-OMAHA-Endgame(Everyone else)

Post by Pentadragon »

Vice Principal Sharon Kaplan

Sharon felt her face pale as she listened to the new arrivals. She would have made some sort of remark in an attempt to comfort the students but she was too stunned.

"I think..." she said, too horrified to care about language, "shit just hit the fan, in all meanings of the phrase."

She took the door off Miquel's hands. She held it open, but continued to stare off into space. Her heart beat furiously in her chest and she could feel a cold sweat coming on. This day just kept getting worse, and worse, and worse, and worse.

"Would you all kindly get into the security office? she said, "for protection, obviously."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the lobby-
"There's no way out of there," said Principal Adler. "If we go in there, we'll be trapped! Everyone who isn't going to fight needs to get upstairs - and that means you, too."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

OOC,Can I reply
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, you may respond. There's enough time to say what you want, as long as it isn't an extremely lengthy speech. You may also leave through any unblocked exit into an adjacent room or area.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

Vice Principal Sharon Kaplan

Sharon suddenly sound herself feeling rather embarrassed. She rubbed her foot against the floor and looked down, feeling like a schoolgirl again. She hated the feeling.

"Well.... you know, airvents... and..." she replied waving her hand in random directions, "Besides, where are we suppose to go upstairs. Either way we are trapped."

She pursed her lips and put her hand into her pocket, withdrawing a ring of keys. She had been meaning to save them as a bargaining chip, but she thought she ought to reveal them now. It seemed appropriate with matters spiraling out of control.

"My car is out front." she said, "In the parking lot. If we can just get there, we might be home free. The school is no longer a haven."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell turned to LaTanya and said, "LaTanya i am so sorry. I did not mean to hurt you. I tried to hit Kyle but I screwed up. I understand if you never wish to talk to me again. If that is the case can I have my school ring back along with my Varsity Jacket? But know this. I will marry you and help you raise this child and he will not know any pain or suffering. I will be a good father to him."

Alvin said, "I can fight. I may not have many weapons but I can fight. I also can train others to fight. So where do you want me?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Lobby

Roy looks up at Darnell,

"Yo dude, what the hell? You wanna get yourself killed, you crazy punkass?"

He holds his hands up,

"Gimme my bat!"
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Balcony

Julianne relaxes her grip on the fire extinguisher when she sees that something has just concluded. She moves to intercept LaTanya when she sees her limp.

"LaTanya, honey, what happened?"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Mr H,Is the bat for Darnell broken now or can I get it back?
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

Jerry
-Was it just one? We could try to... no better that we retreat. We will return to the main group upsters. And we will try to barricade each door, to slow them. Seems that the fence being repair won't matter much. Now we must hurry.
Jerry starts to return to the main group.

Michiko
If that zombie is killed befor he finished to destroy the fence and the electric system is repair, maybe we still have a chance...

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart

[sub]Keith turns pale at the talk of zombies inside the school.[/sub]

"Yeah, Jerry is right, lets go up the stairs"
Mr. Handy,Does Keith have his gun and knife on him?
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

Diana Forrester

Diana smiled weakly at the couple. Darnell really was sweet in his own way. The moment really had been beautiful.

"That was lovely Darnell," she said, "Truly it was. However we have some pressing matters to deal with now."

Her smile dropped and to her the air gained a foreboding quality to it. It would not be long before the screaming came and all their hope would be washed away. A defiled sanctuary would replace the school. Abandon hope all ye who enter here. Oh god, innocent blood would soon paint the walls. Her face became chalk white.

"We really really need to come up with a plan. If we don't we all are gonna die." she turned to Darnell, "Do you have any suggestions? We could go try to find someone. Someone else might have a plan. A helicopter's upstairs. Or, we could continue to the library. We could barricade it and escape out the windows and steal a car."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"I suggest getting somewhere where we have an exit as well, baracade ourselves in for the night, and hope to hell that those scientists get the work done so that this all ends. I do not think that we should leave the school however."
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

"So... library? The Labs? I think our best bet is on the second floor. I highly doubt the barricades in the cafeteria will hold much longer so we'll have to rely on the ones in the stairs. We'll be able to get a visual on things happening below before all hell breaks loose up here." she said, "We also need to decide whether Kyle is worth saving.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Darnell Jones,Your bat is indeed broken in the lobby below, so you'd have to get another one. Roy's bat is lying at your feet, but he wants it back.
Keith Stewart,Yes, you have them both on you.
On the roof-
"Damn straight we have a chance!" said Erica, aiming at the crawling zombie.

On the balcony-
LaTanya put an arm around Darnell and leaned on him. "I know you didn't mean to hit me, Darnell," she said, "but your words were aimed at me, and they hurt worse than that bat did. I guess...I guess I just need some time to think, but that's the one thing we don't have. I guess everyone's going to know I'm pregnant now, but you really are the father. I only told Kyle it was his to get him to stop, or at least to make him drop his guard. Guess it worked, huh?" She looked back at Diana. "The library has no windows, and there's only one way out of there. What about the roof?"

In the lobby-
"If you can fight, I can use you right here with me," Principal Adler told Alvin. "We can't let these things run loose in the school. If we can stop any that have already gotten inside and set up new barricades, we can still hold the school if they can get the power back on. Blocking the cafeteria doors with something will buy us a little time. Anyhow, the road leading off school grounds is blocked off. The only way out of here by car would be to smash through the fence."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

On the Balcony:

Darnell looked at LaTanya and smiled, "I will be a good father and husband to you. Looks like my NFL dreams are over anyway." He kissed LaTanya and then coming up for air said, "Lets go to the roof. Safest place there is here."

In the lobby:

Alvin grabbed his weapons and got ready to fight. He looked at Keith and Roy and said, "Boys better get upstairs before you lose the chance to ever become a man."
Rorran
Layman
Layman

Post by Rorran »

Adam, on the roof:

To Elijah:
"Something wrong with it? I'm not sure, kid. I put it together in a bit of a hurry, so now I'm checking to make sure I didn't screw anything up. Lives depend on this hunk of junk working."

He thinks for a moment...

"Hey, want to give me a hand? There's some heavy physics at work here, but it's not every day you get to play with this kind of top-secret weaponry, I bet."

Adam turns his attention back to the device, then shoots a quick glance back at Elijah.

"And look...when I say 'play,' I mean it in the most delicate, don't-screw-it-up-and-set-it-off kind of way..."
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
--Albert Einstein
Rorran
Layman
Layman

Post by Rorran »

Chester, in the special projects lab:

After hearing Dr. Hausmann's story:

"Then maybe we should all find and take some LSD. Maybe a little psychadelic therapy is what we need..."

He forces a smile.

"More seriously, though...a more pressing matter that we should analyse is what the hell we're going to do next, provided we all live to see that signal interrupted and the EMP set off. For starters, we should probably round up all the survivors in the building if we're considering leaving. I'm not sure how many people are holed up in the school."
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
--Albert Einstein
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

-Well, at least in japan the number of zombies must be very low, you see, we cremate our deaths.

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”