IC-OMAHA-Endgame(Everyone else)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Re: IC-OMAHA-Endgame(Everyone else)

Post by kabukiman »

-Now what? Let's see what is happening.
Jerry goes in direction of the shot.
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Lori Desmon

In the north hall, ground floor.

Lori will continue to move towards the balcony of the second floor.
~Bony End of Story~
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart watches in dismay when Jerry heads back towards the sound of the shot, "Jerry, wait for me!" he says and scrambles after him.
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Squidcorp »

Mr Handy,Sorry if I missed anything, but where did that shot seem to come from in relation to Roy, Adler & Miguel in the East Hall?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You did miss something. [b]Roy[/b], [b]Miguel[/b], and [b]Adler[/b] are now in a new thread called Dread. You missed the OOC comment and the link at the top of the last major update. You still have two other characters in this thread, so you can keep reading it after all. [b]Roy[/b] will need to roll Listen in order to hear what [b]Tariq[/b] said - the base skill for Listen is 25%. Read Dread, and the answer to your question will be made clear. Then make your rolls and post for [b]Roy[/b] in the new thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Second floor, southeast hall

Julianne kneels beside Kyle. The contusion on his head doesn't seem too bad to her, but she isn't sure, and doesn't try to move him. She scans the area nearby for any more weapons, and then looks inside Kyle's backpack.
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Balcony, west side

When the shot rings out Becky hurries back to the north side of the balcony. Seeing Diana there with the shotgun, she walks right up to her and grabs the barrel.

"Gimme that!"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

In the lab:
"Dr Hausmann, as a contingency, can you scientists move out of the lab with your laptops and up to the roof? I wonder how safe it is here."
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Spoiler:
, So when will enough time have passed for Tariq to reach the second floor
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,When I make the next major update, which should be tomorrow night, he'll be on the ground floor landing in the stairwell. In the one after that, he'll be on the second floor.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the lobby-
Alvin rushed in from the north hall with Murray hot on his heels. Vice Principal Sharon Kaplan still stood outside the open door to the security office, seemingly paralyzed with shock. Two more gunshots rang out from the east hall, and then they heard Miguel cry "Oh, crap!" Murray sniffed the air and whimpered in distress. He closed his teeth on Alvin's pants leg and tried to pull him back toward the north hall.
OOC,[b]Alvin[/b], you can continue on without rolling anything to get loose if you want. [b]Murray[/b] can't really hold onto you this way. By the way, everyone in this thread except those on the roof heard the gunshots automatically. If you're on the roof, you can make a Listen roll to see if you hear them.
In the north hall, ground floor-
Amelia kept running for the stairs with Tariq and Lori when Alvin went the other way. They heard the gunshots too as they entered the stairwell.

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Jerry and Keith reached the ground floor landing as the group from the cafeteria entered from the hall. Ron Moore finally seemed to make up his mind and went through the door into the hallway.

On the balcony-
Diana released the shotgun, backing away from the big bus driver with fear all over her face. Becky inspected it and saw that it still had three shells remaining.

In the southeast hall, upper floor-
The only weapon Julianne could find in plain sight was the baseball Roy had used to knock Kyle out. However, when she knelt down and unzipped Kyle's backpack, she found eight pipe bombs inside, along with two boxes of shotgun shells, one of which was open, six .40 magazines, and a large fighting knife.

In the special projects lab-
OOC,[b]Rachel[/b] was in the hall before. Did she go back into the lab? [b]Darnell[/b] is also still standing out in the hall, as I didn't get a post for him.
"Nein, Rachel!" called Dr. Hausmann. "We need this equipment to send the signal once the power comes back on. If we have to we can temporarily move to the roof while Stephanie works on her laptop, but someone would have to come back here to transmit."

"She's right," said Dr. Saunders. "This equipment isn't exactly portable."

LaTanya handed Michelle the handgun she was carrying. "Kyle had this," she said. "Maybe you can use it."

"Thank you," said the nurse. "Let's have a look at your leg." She examined the injury. "Looks pretty bad, but at least it's not broken. It's not the sort of thing I'm used to."

"At least it's just my leg and not...something more important." LaTanya put a hand on her belly.

"Allow me," said Dr. Smith. He tried to help, but was also unable to do much.

Dr. Hausmann came over. "I'm not doing much at the moment," she said.

"Go help her," said Stephanie, still typing rapidly. "I've got it covered."

Dr. Hausmann frowned when she saw the girl's leg. "Ja, this is a difficult one, but I can manage it." She rubbed ointment on the bruise and bandaged LaTanya's leg, repairing most of the damage.

On the roof-
OOC,Repair progress: 2/5
"They're almost through the fence!" shouted Erica with alarm. She fired again and scored a hit, wounding her target's head severely - but it continued crawling on the ground and clawing its way through the fence.

Elijah smiled at Michiko and Adam as the two students continued to work on the EMP generator. "We're doing great," he said. "It should be configured in just a few more minutes."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith says to Jerry, "Alvin is heading down the East Hall, where those shots came from."
OOC,Yep, Rachel has gone into the lab. It is easy to forget ZA is played out one moment at a time.
When Dr Hausmann said how vital the equipment in the lab was, Rachel's heart sank; she began to doubt the scientists would be finished in time before the zombies broke into the school.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

In the Lobby:
Alvin paused for a few seconds to shake Murry off. As he continued to run he said to the dog, "We need to help our friends. If you are too scared to go you may stay here." He then continued to run to the East Hall.

In the Special Projects Lab:
Darnell poked his head into the lab and said, "Anything that I can do to help you out here?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Southeast Hall

Julianna grabs the knife and quickly strips the backpack off of Kyle. She rushes back to the balcony, where she hopes she can see what is going on downstairs.
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Balcony

Becky gives Diana her baseball bat,

"Now get out of here kid. Go to the lab or something. There are more people in there."

She leans against the balcony wall and tries to see or hear what's happening downstairs. She sees the hot teacher coming back from a visit with the sack of potatoes formerly known as Kyle, and she tightens her grip on the shotgun. No way is she giving that up.
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Balcony

Julianna sees Becky with the shotgun and approaches her,

"Do you know how to use that thing?"

Becky replies,

"My first birthday present was a 20-gauge, dollface."

Julianna digs in the backpack for a second and hands Becky the boxes of shotgun shells,

"Happy birthday."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

-Ok, let's go help Alvin.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the special projects lab-
"You can come over here and stay with me if you've got nothing better to do," said LaTanya.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

In the special projects lab:

Darnell came over and stood near LaTanya. He looked away however as he did not like what had occured to her leg. He whispered, "Baby i am so sorry."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Sounds like things are getting interesting out there," says Tariq when he hears the shooting.

He continues to hurry to the second floor.

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”