IC-OMAHA-Endgame(Everyone else)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Endgame(Everyone else)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell said, "LaTanya maybe I should go with this man. I know there are other weapons in the gym as I found them earlier today. So do you want to go with me or can I leave you if I promise to be back soon?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald's hard-soled shoes echoed across the (hopefully) empty gymnasium as he crossed toward the light controls.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

"Emilio, I have a radio, please, use it.
"We," Rachel indicates the group, "are going to deal with the threat in the kitchin, and claim a zombie corpse. A grisly prize! However, the scientists need one, to complete their research; it is a task that must be done - for all our lives. If you kill a zombie, Emilio, you know what to do with it, the scientists are in the lab upstairs."

"I will ensure LaTanya's safety Darnell, if she wants to stay with us."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio takes the proffered radio, "Thanks!", and uses it to contact the team on the roof. "This is Emilio of the generator crew. North stairwell, ground floor. We have got the juice going as you might have observed. I hear we have visitors in the kitchen... I´m about to secure the gym from intrusion. How´s the fence going? Can you get a visual from the roof?" He releases the send button and says to Rachel, "Sure will bring a sample if there´s been a breach. Take care in the kitchen! We´ll accompany you when we have finished the gym." He looks at his fellow mechanics for any sign of joining him to the gym. He hesitantly awaits a reply from the roof.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq fails to revive Kyle as well.

"Maybe we can get carry him to someone who can help," he says to Lori.
"You take the combat knife - which you should probably keep for yourself until he wakes up - and carry the explosives for me. I'll try to carry him. Unless you don't feel comfortable with the explosives, in which case I could carry them and we could both try to move Kyle together - but I'm pretty sure they won't go off by accident. I think there are scientists in the science workshop, and maybe some of them have medical skill."
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Mi-Go Agent wrote:Tariq fails to revive Kyle as well.

"Maybe we can get carry him to someone who can help," he says to Lori.
"You take the combat knife - which you should probably keep for yourself until he wakes up - and carry the explosives for me. I'll try to carry him. Unless you don't feel comfortable with the explosives, in which case I could carry them and we could both try to move Kyle together - but I'm pretty sure they won't go off by accident. I think there are scientists in the science workshop, and maybe some of them have medical skill."
'Good idea' 'lets do it' Lori takes the backpack from Tariq and help him getting Kyle over his shoulder.
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the gym-
Donald entered the gym and found it deserted. Both fire exits were closed and undamaged. He went over to the light switches in the back to turn them off. He also heard three gunshots in the distance.
OOC,[b]Donald[/b], roll Spot Hidden to see what else you notice before you turn off the lights. Also roll Listen to see if you can tell where the gunshots were coming from.
In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Declan remained on the landing while Chuck pulled Tiny into the hall after Emilio, followed by the others.
OOC,[b]Declan[/b], you haven't posted, so I don't know if you want to go upstairs or into the hall after the others. You should roll Listen too.
In the north hall, ground floor-
Dr. Smith, Michelle, Darnell, LaTanya, Rachel, Becky, Chuck, Emilio, and Tiny all heard the gunfire too as they entered the hall.

"If you're going to the gym, I'm going with you," said LaTanya to Darnell.
OOC,Everyone, roll Listen.
In the special projects lab-
Dr. Saunders went over to the window and peered outside, then spoke into her radio: "This is Dr. Saunders, in the lab. I'm looking out the window, and I can see a few them hitting the fence and going down, so the juice is definitely on. Be careful, there's another one just reaching the building's northeast corner and one crawling out of the football field into the parking lot to the north. We're almost done up here. We just need..." She paused, and Stephanie raised one of her hands from the keyboard for a second, spreading her fingers wide. "five more minutes." After she finished, the gunshots rang out.
OOC,Everyone, roll Listen.
In the southeast hall, upper floor-
"Hold on," said Amelia before Tariq and Lori could pick up Kyle. "Let me have a try first. I know a few things." However, she was unable to help too. "All right, let's lug him back." She helped them carry Kyle. Then they heard the shots ring out.
OOC,Everyone roll Listen. There's no need to roll to carry [b]Kyle[/b], as the three of you together are more than strong enough.
On the roof-
Julianne emerged onto the roof and saw other people there. Trooper Erica Spears stood at the northwest corner of the roof in her flight suit, adjusting the sights of her rifle. Megan Petrovich stood near her, watching. The helicopter was also on the roof, its rotors still. Near the stairs, Adam Donnelly stood with Michiko Watanabe and Elijah Smith beside a complicated-looking electronic device.

As Erica readied her rifle again, the standing zombie vanished around the northeast corner of the building, out of her view. "Damn, one of them got past me!" she said. One zombie was crawling across the parking lot just north of the school, and another crawler was getting close to the west side.
OOC,Everyone on the roof will have to roll Listen to even hear the gunshots from up here. Also, [b]Julianne[/b], roll Sanity for seeing the zombies. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. [b]Erica[/b] did not get to fire this round due to her critical miss last round.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

In the southeast hall, upper floor- Lori Desmon Listen (1d100=28) Success roll.
~Bony End of Story~
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio hears nothing but the gunfire. He continues through the corridor.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko was too concentrate with the work.

OOC: Failed for 1!
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

"Okay, LaTanya, stay safe.
"From what Dr Saunders said on the radio, another zombie has reached the school building, hell! That's at least two of them isn't it?"

Listen,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2050839/]Listen 30%? for base skill (1d100=58)[/url]
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell stood for a minute but did not hear anything. "LaTanya baby I love you, you know that, but last time there was a fight I ended up hurting you and with these things all around us we could get into a fight in the gym and I may end up hurting you again. I need you safe and I need our baby safe as well so I think you should stay with the group and I will find you later."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lori Desmond,The gunshots came from below and some distance to the north. They most likely came either from the cafeteria, the kitchen, or the gym.
Rachel Cohen,The base skill for Listen is 25%, but remember the bonus you get in your secrets. That brings it to 40%, I believe, but this roll still fails.
Darnell Jones,Roll Fast Talk to convince [b]LaTanya[/b] to go with the others.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Squidcorp »

The Roof
Julianne's heart skips a beat and her stomach rises when she sees the zombies moving around down below, and she barely keeps it together. She moves walks briskly to the strange machine and puts a hand on Adam's shoulder, "Is this something that can help us?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
"Yes, but we can't use it yet," said Adam. "This is an electromagnetic pulse generator. When activated, it will send out a pulse that will fry every electronic circuit from here to Omaha's suburbs. Stephanie also believes that it will disrupt the electrical impulse that is causing the dead to be reanimated, but until she finishes her work down in the lab we can't try it. It'll wreck every integrated circuit in the computers and electronic equipment down there, and she needs them to transmit a signal that will stop the dead from rising - not just here, but all over the world. It won't do anything about the ones that have already risen - that's what the EMP will hopefully accomplish - but once the signal goes out, the dead should stay dead. She had learned this morning that the electromagnetic pulses that were triggered by nuclear detonations in other countries did not shut them down, at least not for good. The first one was effective, but after that something compensated for it by continuously trying to reactivate them. Once she sends her signal, that should be stopped too."
OOC,[b]Julianne[/b], don't forget to roll Listen to see if you hear the gunshots.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Squidcorp »

The Roof

Julianne then hears something.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Julianne heard the gunshots coming from somewhere downstairs, but she couldn't tell exactly where they were.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Anatomist »

Lori jumps as she helps carrying Kyle. 'Tariq!' 'that shot was from below and to the north , the cafeteria, the kitchen, or the gym' 'im damn sure it must be from one of those places' 'common let help kyle first'
~Bony End of Story~
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell saw that he had failed to convince LaTanya.
Handy,You had to comment on my excellent rolls and jinks me. :P
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the north hall, ground floor-
"I said I'm coming with you," said LaTanya. "There's no way I'm going to let you go off without me and get your ass killed, Darnell. If you're going anywhere, I'm going to be there to protect you."

In the southeast hall, upper floor-
Amelia helped Lori lift Kyle off the floor. "Okay, let's go," she said, looking at Tariq for assistance.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”