IC-OMAHA-Endgame(Everyone else)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Endgame(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the lobby-
Murray went into the east hall along with Alvin. Though he was afraid, he could not let his friend face danger alone. Sharon Kaplan finally grabbed the keys and ducked into the security office.
OOC,[b]Alvin[/b] and [b]Murray[/b] are moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point unless you have another character in it, and do not read the posts in the new thread above the one in the link. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Dread

In the security office-
Sharon looked around quickly and soon found the locked cabinet where the nightsticks were stored. She hurried over and unlocked it. She heard another shot from the east hall, and then the fluorescent lights overhead came back on.

In the north hall-
Ron Moore rushed into the lobby as Jerry and Keith entered the hall from the stairwell. They all heard the shot, and then the lights came back on.

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Amelia, Tariq, and Lori ran upstairs.

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
As the group arrived from below, they also heard the shot and saw the lights come on again.

On the balcony-
Diana took the bat and ran off down the north hall without a word. Becky took the boxes, which contained a total of 45 shotgun shells. The 12-gauge shotgun itself held three, though it could hold up to five. She and Julianne couldn't see down the east hall from up here, but they did see Alvin and Murray head into it and Vice Principal Kaplan enter the security office. They heard one more gunshot from the east hall, and then the power returned.

In the special projects lab-
"It's okay, Darnell," said LaTanya. "It's not as bad as it looks, and the doctors are really helping."

Michelle examined the injury closely. "Yes, it's not so bad," she said. "You'll be up and about in a few minutes I think, good as new." Dr. Smith helped out, but there was little else Dr. Hausmann could do. Dr. Liz Somerville came over and took her place.

Everyone in the lab heard the pistol shot, and then the lights flickered back on. "We have power!" cheered Dr. Saunders. "Stephanie, are you ready to trasmit?"

"I need more time!" said Stephanie, typing feverishly.

"How much more? The fence is powered again, but we don't know how many of them got through."

"Ten minutes, maybe a little less. I'm almost done!"

On the roof-
Erica took another shot, but this time she missed. The zombies continued forcing their way through the chainlink fence, and a few got inside, including the one she had shot in the head before, which crawled across the field west of the school building. She saw another pair stumble in at the north and northeast corners.

Then the zombies that were still clawing at the fence jerked around madly before collapsing. They did not move again. "The power's back on!" cheered Megan.

Elijah and Michiko continued to fix the EMP device.
OOC,Repair progress: 3/5
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell said, "Is there anything I can do for anyone? I feel kind of out of place."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Anatomist »

Lori Desmon

'Shit' the Gothgirl burst out 'wtf going on!' as the lights turn on she peeks carefully down the north hall
~Bony End of Story~
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Looking through the doorway and down the hall, Lori saw Diana Forester running back up the hall in her direction from the balcony, carrying a baseball bat.

"We could always use someone else to help defend the lab, if you're up to it," said Dr. Saunders. "If you want to help, don't take any unnecessary risks, and stay behind Rachel. She has the guns."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

In the north hall-

"Hey, Jerry, I am sick of lugging around this damn chainsaw and sabre. Do you want them?, because I'm gonna leave them right here."

Rachel asks Darnell, "I don't suppose you know how to use a gun?"
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Squidcorp »

Balcony

Becky shoves two shells into the shotgun to fill the chamber. She looks at Julianna hurrying up the north hall with Kyle's backpack, and looks over the wall to the lobby below. The commotion continues down the east hall, and it sounds chaotic.

"Oh fuck it."

Becky stuffs the remaining shells in her pockets and trudges up the hall toward the north stairwell. Speaking in her mind to whoever is down in the east hall,

"Hang on, you idiots - I'm coming."
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Squidcorp »

Second floor, north hall

Shaken by the sight of the makeshift bombs, Julianna speedwalks to the Special Projects Lab. She holds the bag out carefully to avoid jogging it. That boy needs to be guarded or locked up, and she will need help to move him.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

-Sure, I take the chainsaw and sabre. We can always throw the chain in the worst case- says Jerry.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Jerry, I'm not so keen on close combat any longer, I've decided the mess that chainsaw will make of a zombie's face is enough to put me off dinner, for ever. Now this little beauty is my style of weapon," Keith produces a handgun which has been concealed in his pants. "It is highly illegal, but who cares now?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the security office-
Sharon Kaplan snatched up the two nightsticks and then returned to the lobby.

In the lobby-
Ron Moore ran into the east hall. As Sharon emerged from the security office, Keith and Jerry arrived. Then Miguel's voice came from Jerry's radio: "This is Miguel Garcia. We took down the zombie that broke in, but Roy McCrumb is seriously injured and needs a doctor in the east hall downstairs. We also need reinforcements here to guard and barricade the kitchen exit. Over."
OOC,[b]Ron Moore[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point, and do not read the posts in the new thread before the one in the link. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Dread

Lori looked through the door and saw the people coming from the balcony. Tariq and Amelia were right behind her.
OOC,[b]Tariq[/b], I can't remember exactly where you were headed and you haven't posted since the last major update. Were you going to the roof? The special projects lab? If you were heading to either location, you can consider yourself already there.
In the north hall, upper floor-
Becky Clarke and Julianne Landers headed north down the hallway from the balcony, Julianne gingerly carrying a backpack. Diana ran back into the special projects lab.

Dr. Hausmann walked back over to Stephanie. "You're doing an excellent job, Stephanie," she said. "Don't worry, I'm sure you will finish in time."

"Thanks, Brigetta," said Stephanie, smiling at her as she typed.

The other doctors finished working on LaTanya's leg. She carefully stood up and tested it out. "Wow, this is great!" she said. "It still hurts, but I can walk again without much difficulty."

Michelle nodded. "That's good to hear, but try not to over-exert yourself and keep off of it as much as possible. And put ice on it!"

Then everyone in the lab heard Miguel's message on the radio. "Guess our work is never done, huh?" said Dr. Smith.

Kelly's ears perked up when she heard the voice on the radio, and she smiled a little.

"Diana, are you okay?" asked Teresa when her friend returned to the lab. She went over and hugged her. "Were you there when Kyle started shooting?"

On the roof-
Erica frowned as the two zombies to the north started trudging across the football field. Leaving the crawling zombie for now, she turned her attention to the one due north of the school building. She put a bullet in its skull, reducing it to a crawl but not slaying it. Elijah and Michiko continued to work while Adam looked on. They were almost done now.
OOC,Repair progress: 4/5
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Jerry follows to the east hall downstairs.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

In the lobby-

"Action stations! We are needed in the kitchin, Jerry."

In the lab-

"Dr Hausmann, I'm sure to be of more use downstairs, I'll go; okay?"
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq was headed for Kyle's unconscious form.

When he meets Julianne along the way, he recognizes the dangerous contents of the backpack and offers to relieve her of it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Okay, [b]Tariq[/b] is in the north hall right now and will make it to the balcony at the next major update. [b]Amelia[/b] is with him, and [b]Lori[/b] may keep up with them too if she wants.
"If you think that's best," said Dr. Hausmann. "A few of us up here have guns now if anything gets up here some other way."

Dr. Saunders nodded. "Keep your radio on you so we can stay in touch," she said.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"We shall meet again. Sorry if that sounds dramatic!"
Rachel Cohen leaves the lab, she is heading for the kitchen.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Just hope we don't arrive too late at the kitchen.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darnell perked up upon seeing LaTanya walking. "Baby that is good!" He kissed her and said, "I need to go help Roy and maybe guard the kitchen door. Would you mind if I did that?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"And leave me here?" said LaTanya. "Oh, hell no! I'm coming with you, and no arguments."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen looks back.
"Darnell, LaTanya, lets all go to the kitchen together."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"As you wish LaTanya." Darnell held her hand in his and walked behind Rachel.

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”