IC-OMAHA-Endgame(Everyone else)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Endgame(Everyone else)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell nodded and said, "Lets go check out the basement." He led the way down the stairs toward the locker room hall.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Rachel[/b] only lost 4 Sanity, so she does not risk temporary insanity. She is shaken, but she can still act.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald paused for an instant near the corpse as he peered at the gray soot. It seemed he had seen it before somewhere. "Oh, I know what that's from," he said as he turned toward the kitchen and started heading on in.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Donald Woodridge,The gray dust looked to be the same color as the concrete used in the construction area on the east side of the school. It probably came from there. You're still in the east hall this round. Next round you'll be able to move into the cafeteria, and in the round after that you'll reach the kitchen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald says to the others, "This fella came through from the east side of the school... over by the construction area. I'm heading into the kitchen to see how he managed to get into the building. Anyone coming with?"
Anatomist
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Post by Anatomist »

Lori Desmon.

'Lets hurry Tariq' 'he might be badly injured'
~Bony End of Story~
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Anything can happen once people start getting hurt - but I don't think he's in too bad shape."

Tariq continues to move him into the science workshop, where he will ask if anyone has any medical experience and might be able to help Kyle.

[spoiler-button],By the way, I'm not sure, but I think there might be someone in the workshop who doesn't like Kyle. Tariq is prepared to physically protect his body from any angry teenage assailant - he would try not to hurt the person, but rather to block and restrain him or her.[/spoiler-button]
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Entering the auditorium-
Opening the door, Emilio pushes it open using the bat as a pole, avoiding close contact with the door itself, prepared to move back... "Watch it!" he says to Declan.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the gym-
LaTanya followed Darnell down the stairs to the locker room area.

In the locker room hall-
Darnell and LaTanya emerged from the staircase and rounded the corner to the left. On the left side were two doors, the first leading to the girls' locker room and the second to the boys' locker room. This was familiar territory for both athletes. The door at the end of the hall led to the swimming pool.

"So, is there some reason we're down here?" asked LaTanya. "Or did you just want to be alone with me?"

In the north hall, ground floor-
Declan went into the auditorium with Emilio.

In the auditorium-
Emilio and Declan cautiously entered the auditorium. It appeared empty and undisturbed, except for two of the fire exits. The west door was barely hanging on by one hinge, and then it was suddenly knocked inward, onto the floor. A dead woman with a bullet hole in her head crawled across the threshold and over the fallen door. The door at the northeast corner of the huge room was in very bad shape too, and it too was smashed down. The animated corpse of a teenage boy, also with a gunshot wound to the head, crawled in.

Declan stared in shock. "Mary, Joseph, and Jesus!" he cried, his psyche utterly overwhelmed, but he was able to function without thinking.
OOC,[b]Emilio[/b], roll Sanity for seeing the zombies. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. You've already lost 1 Sanity for seeing zombies, so a loss of 10 counts as 9 instead. If you remain sane, you may act. The zombies are not close enough to attack you unless you choose to attack one hand-to-hand. Trying to hit one in the head will have a -5 penalty to your skill. Any hit of 2 or more damage to the head will finish either zombie off, so you don't need to roll damage if you hit. Your damage bonus guarantees that you'll do at least 2 damage.
In the east hall, ground floor-
"No, I won't let them get me!" said Michelle. "I won't let them turn me into one of them!" She stared at the barrel of her pistol.

Becky took the corpse more or less in stride, but she was too distracted to notice anyone's behavior.

Dr. Smith didn't notice anything either. He went through the door to the cafeteria with Becky, Rachel, Chuck, and Tiny.

Michelle remained behind in the east hall. Donald walked in and caught up with her.
OOC,[b]Donald[/b], roll Psychology. The base skill is 5%. You may enter the cafeteria this round.
In the cafeteria-
When Rachel and the others entered, they could see that the door to the kitchen had been smashed open from the other side. Fragments of tables that had been used as a makeshift barricade were scattered around it. From beyond the door and outside they could hear another gunshot. Then there was silence.

In the north hall, upper floor-
Amelia helped Tariq and Lori carry Kyle into the special projects lab. Erica emerged from the stairwell and entered behind them.

In the special projects lab-
The people gathered looked to the door when they saw the three people carrying the unconscious Kyle. "Are there any doctors in here?" asked Amelia. "He's hurt pretty bad."

"Ja," said Dr. Hausmann. "I can help. Put him down over there, bitte." She indicated the line of chairs where she had helped treat LaTanya earlier.

"I'll help too," said Dr. Liz Somerville.

"I'm not a medical doctor," said Dr. Helene Saunders, "but I may be able to aid him some."

"I've still got a couple of minutes left to finish up," said Stephanie as she typed, "but maybe I can assist when I'm done." She concentrated harder, her brow furrowing. The last few pieces of the puzzle were falling into place.

Erica Spears entered. "I'm glad you're almost done," she said. "I shot all I could, but a few of them got past me. With the power restored, the fence is holding now, but we need to do something about the ones that got through before it came back on."

On the roof-
"Hang in there, kids," said Adam to Elijah and Michiko. "We're going to be all right, I'm sure of it. It's almost over."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio gasps at the dead forcing the fire doors. The gasp is stuck in his throat as he attempts to breathe. He manages to wriggle his mind around what he sees and and decides to head in to the auditorium to finish the sad bastards off. He keeps the bat at the ready to ward off an attack and attempts a punch at the one at the north eastern entrance. His fist connects with the teenage boy´s head and sends him to rest. He wipes the back of his hand and starts to walk to the remaining moving corpse.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Come here, Declan, I could need a helping hand..." His mind going in overdrive, Emilio walks with purpose and aim.
TVblog

Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Squidcorp »

Cafeteria

Hearing the gunshot beyond the smashed barricade was comforting to Becky somehow. It sounded cool and controlled, as opposed to the wild sound of a clip being emptied in panic. She grips her shotgun and speeds through the room toward the kitchen,

"Come on!"
Mr Handy,I'm sorry I disappeared - The update alert only seems to work when certain players post, so I need to check in more often manually.
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Roof

Weaponless, Julianne decides to continue running around; only now with a more focused intent of reconnaissance and communications between groups with no radios. She begins by slowly walking the perimeter of the roof looking for signs of zombies getting into or approaching the building.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That's okay. I have heard that other people have had difficulty with automatic notification. I've never used it myself, since I check the board manually a lot more often than I check my email. [b]Julianne[/b], roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell smiled and said, "I always liked seeing you in your cheerleader outfit. Can we go in the locker room and you can try it on for me?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Julianna leans as far over the edge of the roof as she dares, but fails to spot any new menace.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"So, what exactly are you working on here? I heard you have a solution to the whole problem." Tariq asks, while he watches the doctors help Kyle.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald greeted Michelle as he passed by on his way to the cafeteria, "Hi there. I was just going to check out the kitchen area to see how that guy got in here. Want to keep me company?"
ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2074346/]Psychology (5%) (1d100=64)[/url] - fail.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the east hall, ground floor-
"What's the point?" said Michelle. "We're all doomed anyway."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Daniel blinked and responded as he passed her by, "Suit yourself. Stay here in this hallway all by yourself then."

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”