IC-OMAHA-Endgame(Everyone else)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Endgame(Everyone else)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Handy,Do you have any ideas about the past of Darnell? Does his dad live with him? Or was he raised by his mother? Cause from what I know from friends of mine who are African American a girlfriend telling them that they were going to protect the man would be slapped down hard. So do you have an idea of his past or is it up to me?
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Anything in your characters' backgrounds not already covered in the secrets is entirely up to you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2052571/]Spot Hidden (25%), Listen (25%) (1d100=86, 1d100=1)[/url] Failed Spot Hidden. Critical success on isten, if that matters.
Donald doesn't seem too preoccupied with the rest of the gym. He's been in there thousands of times before, and the amount of time he spends polishing the floor was enough to hurry him along with his task. As he started flipping the lights out, he heard gunshots and looked in the direction of the noise, even though it was obscured by several walls inbetween.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Donald Woodridge,Only one wall, really. The shots came from directly to the south of the gym, in the kitchen. They were fired by a Glock 17. [b]Donald[/b] could also hear all three of them strike flesh.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq helps carry Kyle as well.

"Don't worry about the shooting - we can't do anything about it now, and once we get Kyle some help we can all go to the roof, which I think is the best defended part of the school. If we are lucky we might even find the school nurse."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Exiting the stairwell, Emilio takes a direct left into the gym to see what Donald is up too. Need to get something other than this bat to make a difference.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

With the lights off, Donald turns back toward the entrance of the gymnasium and starts jogging toward it. If he sees Emilio, he mentions "There was gunfire in the kitchen. Someone shot something or someone. Are they in the building?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the gym-
Emilio, Darnell, and LaTanya entered the gym, passing Donald as he left. The athletic supply closet was still open, and a couple of bats were left. The lights were off, but enough sunlight came in through the windows to see. The gym was otherwise deserted. More gunshots echoed in the distance.
OOC,If you grab anything from the closet, you won't also be able to leave the gym this round. [b]Emilio[/b]'s baseball bat is actually a very good weapon for him, and there was nothing better in the closet for someone with his skills. Everyone, roll Listen.
In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Declan remained where he was on the landing as the gunshots continued.
OOC,[b]Declan[/b], roll Listen.
In the north hall, ground floor-
Bernard, Michelle, Rachel, Becky, Chuck, and Tiny headed into the lobby while the gunfire continued in the distance. Donald saw them ahead of him when he emerged from the gym.
OOC,[b]Donald[/b], roll Listen.
In the lobby-
"We're almost there," said Michelle, following Becky and Rachel. She and Dr. Smith had their guns ready. Chuck held his shotgun in one hand and Tiny's leash in the other, prepared to release the dog and grip his shotgun in both hands if needed.

In the special projects lab-
Diana watched Stephanie work with fascination and curiosity. "But what's causing all this?" she asked.

"You must have been out of the room when I explained it earlier," said Stephanie.

"Just let her work," said Dr. Hausmann. "Do not distract her."

"It's okay, Brigetta, I can multitask. Anyway, the source of the dead reanimating and the other horrors that we've been facing today is extraterrestrial. And as you may have guessed, this didn't happen by accident. There's an intelligence directing all of this."

"It is aliens!" Diana said triumphantly. "I knew it!"

In the southeast hall, upper floor-
Tariq, Amelia, and Lori picked up Kyle and carried him back to the balcony.

On the balcony-
Tariq and his companions reached the balcony. More gunshots echoed from below, from the same direction as the earlier shots.

On the roof-
Erica took one more shot at the crawling zombie to the west, missing by only a few feet. "Dammit!" she shouted. Both visible zombies reached the school building.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

In the lobby-
Rachel does a survey of everyone's weapon, "We are all tooled-up, so to speak, but we'll take care; stick together, no one rush off. If we fire together a zombie won't stand a chance!"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Not this time. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2058081/]Listen (25%) (1d100=63)[/url]
Donald rushed past his wheel barrel and up to catch up with the others up ahead. "In the kitchen!" he called out to the others, in case they didn't have a good bead on where the gunfire was coming from. He looked around for a firebox in the hallway, hoping maybe there might be an axe in the case, but he didn't see any.
ooc,Too busy running I guess. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2058084/]Spot Hidden (25%) (1d100=62)[/url]
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Squidcorp »

Lobby

Hoping she actually gets a change to blow something away, Becky moves slowly toward the east hall waiting for the group to assemble and proceed.
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Squidcorp »

Roof

Julianne breathes a sigh of relief, smiles and winks reassuringly at Elijah and Michiko,

"That's the best news I've heard all day. This all may be over very soon. Let's cross our fingers!"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell marched over to the open cabinet and grabbed a baseball bat. "About time I got another weapon again." He was too busy to hear anything.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Veering off from the gym and down the hallway towards the kitchen area, Emilio heard naught.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq peers down from the balcony to see if he can discern anything. Since noone near him has a firearm, though, his interest is mostly casual.

"We can't do anything about whatever is happening down there," he says to Lori and Amelia, "so we might as well keep going to the science workshop."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I've taken over the character of [b]Declan[/b] for now due to extended player absence. He'll revert back if and when Iam477 returns.
In the gym-
LaTanya was far too distracted to notice anything else. "I already got what I need," she said, patting her foil. "Let's go, Darnell."

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Declan suddenly heard something that snapped him out of his reverie. He hurried through the door and into the hall.

In the north hall, ground floor-
"I just heard more banging on the doors," Declan said to Emilio. "It's coming from the auditorium!"

In the lobby-
Dr. Smith, Michelle, Chuck, and Tiny followed the women into the east hall just after Donald entered.

In the east hall, ground floor-
The five humans and one dog entered from the lobby and were shocked to see a dead body on the floor of the hall just outside the cafeteria, surrounded by a pool of blood. The body was of a black man in his forties, with his hair in dreadlocks. He was coated in some kind of gray dust, and he had several bullet holes in him. Dr. Smith shuddered when he saw it, but his experiences as a doctor and exposure to today's events desensitized him somewhat. Michelle was also deeply disturbed, shrinking back in utter digust. She was certain that she would meet a similar end, and she knew she had to do something to prevent it.

"What the-" started Chuck, holding relatively steady. Tiny only growled.
OOC,[b]Becky[/b] and [b]Rachel[/b], roll Sanity for seeing the body. Sanity loss is 1/1d4+1, so you'll still lose 1 Sanity even if you pass. [b]Donald[/b], you'll have to make this roll too if you enter the east hall. Also, [b]Becky[/b] and [b]Rachel[/b], but not [b]Donald[/b], should roll Psychology. The base skill is 5%.
On the balcony-
Amelia and Lori continued helping Tariq carry Kyle north.

In the north hall, upper floor-
Tariq and the women hauled Kyle onwards. "The lab is just up ahead," said Amelia. "I'm sure we'll find someone there who can help him."

In the special projects lab-
"Ugh," said Heather. "She's, like, always going on about aliens. Little Diana Scully."

"Actually, Mulder was the one who believed in aliens," said Diana. "Scully was the skeptic."

"Like, who cares?"

Stephanie hurried to finish her work, knowing that everyone was depending on her. The pressure was intense, but it also motivated her like nothing else. She'd never thought she'd really be saving the world, but now she truly might be. Just a few more minutes... she thought.

On the roof-
"I sure hope so," said Erica to Julianne, frowning. "That's two more of them got past me now."

"It would have been a lot more if not for your shooting," said Adam. "Anyway, Stephanie's almost done, and once she is it won't matter. I know she can do it."

"I just hope nobody else gets killed first. But you're right, she can. She's an amazing woman."

"That she is."

"Have you known her long?"

"We've worked together often during the past year."

"I'd better get down below and make sure she's protected while she finishes up." Erica hurried down the stairs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Donald entered from the east hall and looked at the body and frowned. "What a mess..." he is heard to say knowing that he'll be the one expected to clean it up. "What's all that gray ash on him? Did he crawl in through a chimney?"

Donald headed for the kitchen to see where this man could have gotten in from.
Sanity check,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2063974/]Sanity (60%) (1d100=49)[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Donald[/b] can make it to the east hall in this round. It'll be another two before he can reach the kitchen. In the meantime, roll Know to identify the gray dust.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Seeing the majority of the others head towards the kitchen shooting, Emilio affirms Declan´s observation and says, "Let´s check that, maybe someone needs help to get in. That female cop might have circled the school to avoid the nasties. If not it could be nasties wanting to get in, then we should take care so that won´t get inside!" He opens the door to the auditorium and keeps the bat up.
TVblog

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2064580/]Sanity 60% & Psychology 60% (1d100=94, 1d100=79)[/url][url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2064661/]Sanity loss (1d4+1=4)[/url]
Rachel sees the corpse. The cumulitive horror at the school is too much for her and she is stricken by a mental blow.
Last edited by Tabs on Sun May 10, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”