IC-SWORD-Medical Emergency(Sally/Katarina)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Re: IC-SWORD-Medical Emergency(Sally/Katarina)

Post by ryansommer »

"Shit! We've got to get to safety, Doc. With no more explosives down there, that thing is going to be hard to kill! Do you have a radio?" Sally beings to hurry off towards to lift and pulls Doc along with her.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the living quarters-
"Not on me," said Doc, easily keeping up with Sally, who was slowed because she had to use her crutches. He tried to pick her up, but he simply lacked the strength, so he settled for pulling her along with him.

In the meeting room-
"There are explosives down there," said Doc as he and Sally fled. "Mutt planted a Claymore, but it didn't go off. Guess the worm just dug around it. Nitro's got plenty on him, and there's more in the armory too, but he doesn't have a key. Come on, the elevator's just ahead. We have to get upstairs!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sallly hurried as quickly as she could with her broken leg.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the meeting room-
Doc hurried with Sally into the lower hatch chamber.

In the lower hatch chamber-
When Doc and Sally arrived, they saw to their dismay that the elevator was all the way at the top of the shaft. The switch box that could be used to summon it was at the bottom, but it would take precious seconds for the elevator to make its way back down.
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], roll Listen. If you want to look back down the hall the way you came, roll Spot Hidden as well. You may do this while pulling the switch to call the elevator.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally pulls the switch on the elevator console then anxiously turns to look down the hall. All she can see, however, is the imagined image of the worm coming after her. The chaos and screaming that is sure to come fills her ears and prevents her from hearing anything.
Sally draws her pistol in anticipation of what is sure to come.

OOC: Holy crap! I don't think I could have rolled worse for my skill checks!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Well, they could have been a [i]little[/i] worse - but not much! Anyway, some things you're better off not seeing. :twisted:
The elevator began to descend, far too slowly for Sally's liking. With the noise of the elevator, the blood pounding in her temples, and the terror gripping her heart, she couldn't focus on anything else but getting the hell out of there. Doc had his pistol out too, and he looked back down the hall. "Nitro's coming!" he said. "So is..." He shuddered, but quickly collected himself. The sight hadn't affected him too much. "Damn, that one's much bigger than the last one!"

Finally the elevator reached the bottom of the shaft, and Doc helped Sally onto it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally pressed the up button on the elevator as soon as she got on it. She turned towards the hall way and willed the elevator up.

OOC: Does Sally see Nitro? Is he holding a weapon?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No, [b]Sally[/b] doesn't see him. She failed her Spot Hidden roll badly.
As soon as Sally flipped the switch, the elevator began to rise steadily. Just as it was entering the hole in the ceiling, she heard Nitro's voice cry out from down the hall to the meeting room: "Hey, wait for me! Scheisse!"

In the upper hatch chamber-
The elevator arrived at the top of the shaft and stopped moving. The hatch remained open, just as it had been left. The metal door that Doc had told her led to the generator room was still closed, and the other metal door on the opposite end of the chamber remained open. That one led back to the control room and beyond.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: How many guards did Sally see up here when she was here before?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,She saw [b]Mutt[/b], [b]Jeff[/b], and [b]Hitch[/b] for certain. [b]Hitch[/b] is down below, as is [b]Nitro[/b]. She doesn't know where [b]Mutt[/b] is at the moment (or [b]Jeff[/b] for that matter). He had been in the medical lab, but he and [b]Katarina[/b] could have gone anywhere after they left. I don't know if she saw [b]Deadeye[/b] or [b]Ghost[/b], but she heard them mentioned on [b]Mutt[/b]'s radio. She also knows that [b]Spike[/b] is still around somewhere. He had been sent to the surface the last she heard.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"We have an emergency below!" Sally yells at the top of her lungs. "Another worm is attacking and Nitro needs help! Hurry!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Come on, Sally," said Doc, ushering her off of the elevator platform and toward the open door. "Let's get you out of here."

"We're coming!" shouted a man's voice from beyond the open door.

"Ghost!" called Doc. "Who else is with you?"

"Deadeye's behind me!" Ghost came into view through the open door as he raced across the control room toward the elevator, an AK-47 in his hands.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Oh jesus! Hurry" Sally said as she exited the elevator room with Doc. She moved to stand by the large door that could only be opened on one side. "Is there a cache of weapons up here? We've only got these piddly pistols"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The door to the hatch chamber can be opened from either side. It is the hatch that can only be opened from above.
Ghost rushed into the room as Sally and Doc exited. The elevator began to descend at that moment. "Yeah, there's an armory on this level!" he called back. "Mutt's got the key."

In the control room-
When Sally and Doc left the hatch chamber, Deadeye rushed into the control room from the shower area. He had a sniper rifle on his back and an M-16 in his hands. "I'm comin'!" he drawled with a Kentucky accent.

There was a loud high-pitched whistling sound from below, followed by an explosion and a grunt of pain.

"Get her out of here!" Deadeye shouted to Doc as he hurried for the hatch chamber.
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], roll Know to figure out what might have made the sound.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

The source of the sound below was the least of Sally's concerns as he hurried along with Doc to the hatch.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Doc[/b] is trying to lead [b]Sally[/b] [i]away[/i] from the hatch, back to the shower room and beyond.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally stops at the hatch. "Doc, we need to stay here incase they need us or in case we need to close the hatch." she says to him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Doc headed back inside with Sally. "Sally, it's too dangerous for you in here!" he said.

"Yeah, leave it to us," said Ghost. "You two get on out of here."

The elevator rose back up. Nitro stood upon it, fear on his countenance and shrapnel wounds in his right thigh. "It's coming!" he said, stumbling off of the platform. "I fired my LAW at it, but my aim was a little off. I still hurt it some, but I got caught in the blast too. Everyone get out of this room! I've got to lock the door and rig it to blow." He no longer had his LAW, but he still had an AK-47, a handgun, and a satchel charge.

Ghost and Deadeye slammed the hatch shut and sealed it tight. "That's not going to stop it," said Doc. "It can tunnel through solid rock." As if to accent his words, there was a rumbling sound from below and the ground trembled slightly. "Nitro, your leg-"

"Worry about that later! Get yourselves clear and let me plant the bomb!"

Mutt's voice came from the radios in the room: "This is Mutt, what's your status?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

With her plan to lock everone below and escape with Doc and the women FUBAR, Sally hurried as fast as she could with Doc. "We need bigger weapons! Nitro, the key to the armory, where is it?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the hatch chamber-
Doc helped Sally out of the chamber and back into the control room, followed by Ghost, Deadeye. and Nitro.

In the control room-
Everyone rushed into the control room from the hatch chamber.

"Doc, Sally, and Nitro made it up," replied Ghost into his radio. "Nitro hurt it, but he got a little hurt too. Nothing Doc can't fix. We sealed the hatch, and we're going to rig the door of the hatch chamber."

"Good, glad you've got it well in hand," answered Mutt's voice.

"Mutt's got the armory key," said Nitro, slamming the metal door shut and locking it. "Everyone get clear while I plant the charge. You don't want to be near it if it goes off." He pointed at the doorway leading into the shower area.

"Mutt's in the studio," said Deadeye, "but I wouldn't go in there if'n I were y'all. It ain't pretty."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”