IC-SWORD-Medical Emergency(Sally/Katarina)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Re: IC-SWORD-Medical Emergency(Sally/Katarina)

Post by ryansommer »

"Okay. Why don't you get the cast material prepared while I set his leg." Sally said. "Don't go talking to Mutt yet. We should talk more about this first. Do the women up there ever need medical attention?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
"I've got it ready," said Doc. "If the women need medical attention, they're never brought to me," said Doc. "None of them have ever been in this lab before, which is why it was unusual for Katarina to be here. I've never talked to any of the girls before. I know they kept dozens of them up on the surface, but I don't think any of them made it after those mosquitos attacked. Only the ones that were already inside would have survived. I don't think Horst ever cared if the women got sick or hurt. It wouldn't surprise me if he and some of the other guys got rough with them." He cleaned the wound and began fitting the cast to Hitch's leg with Sally's help. The damage was extensive, and there were limits to how much he could mend.
OOC,It will take [b]Doc[/b] nine more minutes to finish. [b]Sally[/b], if you succeed at a Medicine roll, this time will be shortened to four more minutes. [b]Hitch[/b] has recovered all of the HP he is going to, so this won't give him any more.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Those poor girls. I can't image what would have happened to me if you were not here, Doc. I'd probably be up there with the rest of them, or forced to do Mutt's bidding. I have seen the way he looks at me; it's like a dog looking at a steak. It scares me, Doc. Thank god you are here to help."
As she talks, Sally does her best to help doc with the casting of the leg.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
Doc gave Sally a gentle squeeze. "You don't have to be afraid, Sally," he said. "I'll always be there to protect you. Mutt, yeah, he's got the hots for you. What man wouldn't? He probably still thinks he can seduce you, but I don't think he'll force himself on you. You're one of us. He didn't try anything when you were alone with him upstairs, did he?" Doc continued to work on Hitch's leg, and while Sally tried to help him, she was clearly distracted and unable to contribute much to the effort. "Hey, if you want to take a break, I can handle this myself. You've earned a rest. Mutt isn't so bad, really. Horst was far worse."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Thanks, Doc." Sally said with a sigh. "Maybe I will take a break. Do you need anything while I am walking about?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
"No thanks, I'm good," said Doc as he continued to work. "I've got everything I need. Just relax and take a load off. Maybe when I'm done we can have dinner together. I know you've already eaten, but you looked hungry enough then that you might want some more - or we could just sit and talk."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Looking to Doc, Sally said: "Yeah. I'd like that. Maybe just a quiet dinner. Just you and I."
Remembering that they never were able to examine the worm, Sally moved towards its corpse and began to examine its lifeless body.

OOC: What kind of roll do I need to to examine the worm?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
"I'd like that too, Sally," said Doc as she went back out into the hall.

In the lower lab hallway-
Sally emerged from the medical lab and saw Nitro standing guard at the far end of the hall. He smiled at her when he saw her. The worm's carcass was past him, through the ruined door to the decontamination chamber, but she'd need to get closer to get a better look.
OOC,You'd need to roll Biology when examining the worm. It's not listed on your character sheet, but Botany (which is a subset of Biology and is not a regular skill on any character sheet) is. [b]Sally[/b] should have Biology skill, so you can just consider that she has Biology at 15% and roll against that. Also, roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally nodded her head to Nitro and said, "Hey, Nitro." She moved towards the worm and began to examine it. Despite her knowledge of the physical sciences, Sally was not able to discern anything about the worm.
As Sally made her way through the hallway, Sally was not able to hear anything.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Hey, Sally," said Nitro as she approached. "What can I do you for?" He nodded when she looked past him into the ruined decontamination chamber. "Hell of a thing, ja? I wouldn't have believed it could exist if I did not see for myself. It shouldn't exist!" He shook his head. "Maybe Doc can make some sense of it."

Sally could only see the monstrous worm's squid-shaped head and the eight tentacles that emerged from it. The bulk of the creature was still in the shaft room, and there was no way to see past the inner door that was clogged by its carcass, which had a thick, tough hide. It had been blackened and shredded by the explosion that had killed it, and there wasn't much she could tell from looking at its remains. It only saddened her to think of how it had killed her friends and very nearly been the death of her too. She couldn't help but feel glad it was dead.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Ugh" Sally exclaimed as she looked over the worm, "Yeah, this is a strange beast indeed. Issuppose it's possible that it lived undiscovered deep in the earth for all this time, but based on how aggressive it is, I can't imagine that humans would not have encountered it at some point."
She turned and returned to the lab.
In stead of heading to the lab where Doc was, Sally moved to the lab that was next door. She walked around the lab and inspected the contents of the room. In particular, she was looking for some medicine or chemicals that would or could be deadly in injected into a human.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Sally hobbled back down the hall to the entrance to the labs. Doc was still busy working on Hitch's leg in the medical lab, and his back was to her. The pharmaceutical lab was still deserted.
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], roll Pharmacy to try to find a lethal injectable drug.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Using the pharmacalogical knowledge, Sally searches for a leathal drug.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the pharmaceutical lab-
Sally looked around, but so far she couldn't find anything that would be of use. Some of the drugs in the lab weren't even labeled, and others had labels with unfamiliar names. Doc probably had some sort of system for organizing everything in this lab, but she didn't know it.

The ground began to shake slightly. It was another mild tremor. In a few seconds it had passed.
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], if you want to keep looking for a lethal drug, roll Pharmacy again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally looks around again for some lethal drugs, and has much more success this time around.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the pharmaceutical lab-
Sally finally found a supply of morphine in the fridge, clearly labeled as such. There were also syringes that could be used to inject it. She knew exactly how much to give someone under normal circumstances, and she could also easily give someone a lethal overdose. But was she really ready to kill someone in cold blood, even someone who so clearly deserved it? Could she live with herself afterwards?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally pocketed the Morphine and syringes and returned to the medical lab with Doc. "How's he doing, sweetie?" Sally said to Doc.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
"He's doing better now, Sally," said Doc as he was finishing up the cast on Hitch's leg. "He's sleeping like a baby. It'll take him a month or so before his leg is fully mended, though. I'll be done in just a minute. Then maybe we can have that dinner."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Sure, that sounds great. Is there anything I can do to help out?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
"Thanks, but I'm just about done here," said Doc. He finished up putting the cast on Hitch's leg. "Now he just needs plenty of rest. We should X-Ray his leg too. You could use another X-Ray so we can stop the spread of whatever's inside you. Do you want to go get dinner first, or would you rather get the X-Rays done now?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”