IC-SWORD-Medical Emergency(Sally/Katarina)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Re: IC-SWORD-Medical Emergency(Sally/Katarina)

Post by ryansommer »

The bottom of Sally's stomach dropped out when she heard Deadeye's words. 'What the hell has that bastard done this time?' she thought to herself.
"Doc, we have to get out of here" Sally said quietly to Doc and he hustled off with him away from the others. "Do you have a vehicle key? We need to get those girls free and escape while he can"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the control room-
Doc ran with Sally back to the shower room, followed by Deadeye and Ghost. Nitro remained behind and planted the satchel charge, setting it to explode when the door was breached.

In the shower room-
Sally and Doc hurried back through the shower room. The cell block was visible ahead. Ghost and Deadeye took up positions outside the blast radius, crouching low and aiming their rifles at the metal door. "Come on, Nitro!" shouted Ghost, waving for him to join them.

"Keep going, Sally," said Doc, helping her onwards. He lowered his voice. "Mutt and Jeff have the keys. We've got a panel van and a pickup truck topside, but I don't think running away is the answer. They'll kill this worm like they killed the other one. Although, if they keep coming..."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"I don't know why they wouldn't keep coming" Sally said as she hurried along. Who is Jeff? I am not sure we can deal with Mutt just the two of us."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the shower room-
"Jeff is Mutt's brother," said Doc as he and Sally kept running, entering the cell block. "You met him the last time you were up here."

Nitro finished setting the charge and ran into the shower area, taking up a position facing the door alongside Ghost and Deadeye.

In the cell block-
"I don't want to fight Mutt," said Doc quietly as he and Sally raced through the cell block. "I'm sure that under the circumstances I can convince him that we need to evacuate, and we can get the girls to the surface that way."

Up ahead, both of them saw a young Russian-looking woman burst into the guard room from the door on the left side that Sally had noticed earlier. She was gorgeous, with long blond hair, and about twenty years old. She was wearing lingerie, but she also had a utility belt around her waist much like the one Sally wore. Tears were streaming down her cheeks. Bump and grind music could be heard ahead and to the left.
OOC,By the way, you haven't posted for [b]Emily[/b] in Trouble In Store for quite some time.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: I have not seen updates for that come into my inbox. Crap. Sorry about that.
OOC: Is this woman Katarina?

Sally approaches the woman; "What happened, sweetie?" Cautiously, Sally peers into the room from which she came.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,She's not [b]Katarina[/b], who's a redhead. Roll Idea to think of who she might be. Also, roll Psychoanalysis to see if you can calm her down.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally recalls back and thinks she remembers Katarina talking about a Russian woman with whom she conversed with in the cell block, however, she was not sure if she had the right idea. Sally did her best to calm the young woman down.
"Settle down. Settle down. It's okay. My name is Sally. What's your name?" Sally reached out to take her hand as she spoke
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the guard room-
Sally remembered that Katarina did mention a Russian girl named Lara. The girl was about to run in fright in the other direction when she saw Doc's shaven head, but Sally was able to keep her from panicking and calm her down.

"Lara," she said, still crying. "Lara Voronova."

"I'm Doc," said Doc. "Don't be afraid, we won't hurt you."

"Mutt will. He kill me very slowly when he get me." She glanced back through the door behind her. "I don't think he knows I got loose. He had me on the rack, and then Katarina distracted him. She...she go in the bathroom with him, sacrifice her body to buy me time. Zoe and I got free. She tried to throw tear gas grenade into bathroom to take down Mutt, but it bounce back and get us instead. I ran, but Zoe and Raquel didn't make it. Please, we have to hurry!"

Sally and Doc looked through the door too. On the other side was a large movie studio, and a scene of gruesome carnage. Three dead bodies lay near the entrance. Two of them were women in their twenties, both wearing lingerie. One was a Chinese woman with a bullet through her heart and two in her skull. The other was Hispanic, with a single bullet hole in her head. There was also a skinhead wearing only boxer shorts. Sally recognized him as Jeff. He had a bullet wound in his forehead and another in his thigh. Further inside the studio were a few movie sets. One was of a hotel room, and a young blonde lay on the floor sobbing. Another Hispanic woman, taller and with a dark complexion, lay on the bed with both of her arms handcuffed to the posts. She was crying uncontrollably too. Both of them were clad only in lingerie as well. The music coming from within the studio stopped, the song having reached its conclusion.

Doc was not too badly affected by the bodies, his medical training steeling him against the sight.
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], roll Spot Hidden to see what else you notice, and roll Sanity for seeing the bodies. Remember that you get a +10 bonus on your Sanity rolls. Sanity loss is 1/1d4+1.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Sallys string of shitty rolls continues!
Sally was unable tofocus her attention on anything other than the corpses. He has seen so much, and her mind could no longer handle it.
Sally's fragile mind was further damaged
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That +10 Sanity bonus means that [b]Sally[/b] passed her Sanity roll, and she loses only 1 Sanity. She can go ahead and act now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Speaking in hished tones: "Where is Mutt, sweetie?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the guard room-
"In the bathroom with Katarina, I told you," hissed Lara, still crying. "It's in the movie set like a hotel room, the one where Raquel and Zoe are. We must hurry! You have two guns, give me one!"

"We're not going to let him hurt you," whispered Doc, "but you can't be seen with a weapon. We're going to get all of you out of here, but you have to give me that belt. You've got to trust us, Lara. We're the only chance you have."

Then there was another tremor, this one more violent. The sound of breaking rock could be heard in the distance, coming from back the way Sally had come.
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Despite the all that was going on around her, Sally could hear details about what was going on around her.

"He's right, Laura. We will get you out of here. You can trust us."
Sally looked to the corpses in the other room. "We should get moving. I we don't want to be around with them for too much longer."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the guard room-
Sally could hear footsteps approaching from the open door to the left. One pair was heavy, and the other was lighter, but with the click of heels.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Shit, Mutt and Katrina are coming. Follow my lead or we are all dead" Sally said to Laura and Doc.
Sally grabbed Laua by the elbow and spun her around. She pointed her pistol at the back of her head as she reached around to take the ammo belt off of her. "Don't move a fucking muscle, bitch!" Sally said loudly. Quietly ,Sally said to Doc and Laura: "Follow along and make it good, Laura. Doc, if Mutt gets shooty, we need to fight back."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the guard room-
"Oh no," came the frightened voice of Katarina from within the studio. "What was that? Where Lara? She escape again?"

Lara nodded, whimpering as Sally relieved her of the belt and strapped it on herself. It had three hand grenades, and pouches with both 9mm and 5.56mm NATO magazines. "I give up!" she cried.
OOC,Everyone is moving to the following thread.
Planet Terror
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”