IC-OMAHA-The Gathering(Everyone else)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-The Gathering(Everyone else)

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen
Rachel compliments the excellent shooting of Erica, "Good work, I admire a job well done!"
Last edited by Tabs on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

Post by kabukiman »

-Yes, in the security office. Just come with me quick- says Jerry.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
"Great, let's go get them," said Miguel. He opened the door leading back to the hall and went with Jerry.

In the science lab-
LaTanya smiled back at Darnell. "I missed you too," she said. "With everything that's happened today, it's really made me think about the future. About our future."

On the roof-
"Thank you!" Erica told Rachel with a grin. "So you know Stephanie? She's impressed by your talents too, and she always knows what she's talking about. Between the two of us and that cop out there, we should be able to keep the scientists safe long enough to do whatever it is they're doing."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Allen followed Law to the Security Office

Darnell said, "Well you know once we get this mess cleaned up I am a shoo in for Nebraska or some Class I NCAA school. Then after three years I get drafted to the NFL, hopefully the Chicago Bears as they need a good WR, and if you want to we will be married by then and have what you think 3 kids?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the science lab-
"Yes, I'd like that," said LaTanya. "Maybe we could get married and start a family sooner rather than later. I know you'd make a wonderful father."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"Well maybe we should get married tonight or at least do what married people do on thier honeymoon right now? We can do it on the floor behind the table and won't get in trouble baby."
Mr. Handy,Sorry dude. I love playing a horny teenager. :)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
[sub]Keith follows Jerry.[/sub]
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Tangerine »

Zombie,Of course - zombies, guns and sex! The best damned game ever! :D ... No jokes on necrophilia though - they get a bit cold.
Dr Singh

Excitedly setting up his own laptop, he boots up the necessary programs and inserts the data stick into the USB port.

Megan

Megan, feeling a little useless, decides to head to the roof to see the helicopter - if she's not busy with anything she may as well indulge her growing love of army machinery!
"The whole world is crazy except thee and me, though sometimes I wonder about thee." - Grandmother Tangerine (dec.)
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Pentadragon »

Vice Principal Sharon Kaplan had remained relatively quiet for some time now. She was consumed in her own thoughts. Despite the years of schooling she had been subject to nothing could have prepared her for this.There was a strong suspicion in her mind that whatever the security guard was doing, it might be important. Perhaps she could make the best of this situation. Finally she spoke

"If none of you need me here, I think I will join Jerry."

However, before anyone could respond she had already left.
Rorran
Layman
Layman

Post by Rorran »

Adam

Adam's splintered mind finally manages to piece itself back together. His courage bolstered by Stephanie's support and Dr. Smith's wisdom, Adam grips his toolkit and stands tall on the stairs.

"Thanks for your help, Doc. Man, was I a mess... As insane as this all may be, sitting here crying about it won't help us."

Adam thinks to himself: "Shit, I really hope these people won't judge me too hard...especially Steph...Guess the only way to redeem myself is by fixing that generator."

"Ok, then. Time to go turn on the lights."

Adam looks down the dimly lit stairwell, sets his jaw, and heads down to the basement in search of the generator.
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
--Albert Einstein
Rorran
Layman
Layman

Post by Rorran »

Chester

Chester sees the group of scientists enter the lab.

"Great! You're back! Now...can we shed any more light on this whole zombie thing? Can we stop them?"
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
--Albert Einstein
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

Diana Forester

"So..." Diana said.

It was only now that she had begun to peel herself off her friend. Slowly they moved away from each other until they were absorbed by the crowd. She had let too much time pass and done nothing of use whatsoever. Now was the time for action! If she wasn't careful, she would end up an expendable character like in those B horror movies. Now Diana wished she had rented more zombie films instead of her typical alien stuff.

Now she bobbed her head slowly to the sound of the crowd. The whole room was getting a bit noisy for her tastes and she was too lazy to go searching for Teresa. As she sighed she spyed her escape. Adam had just announced his plans to fix the generator. She wasn't sure how much she could help him, but everyone loved company, right?

She ran after Adam.
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Tangerine »

OOC,data stick data stick data stick with sexy data
"The whole world is crazy except thee and me, though sometimes I wonder about thee." - Grandmother Tangerine (dec.)
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

OOC,What?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Dr. Singh[/b] has just been very eager to get his hands on that data, Pentadragon. Note that even though most of the characters are in this thread, you're in several different areas. You won't be aware of what's going on in any area that's not immediately adjacent to your own (see the maps for reference). If something else is two areas away, or if it shares a wall with your current location even if there is no door, you'll probably be able to make out any sounds with a Listen roll - like [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1939152/]this one[/url]. Since it succeeded, there's no problem. [b]Sharon Kaplan[/b] and [b]Diana Forester[/b] were in the special projects lab, so they wouldn't necessarily hear what's going on in the stairwell. [b]Sharon[/b] almost certainly can't hear [b]Jerry[/b] talking, since he is also down on the ground floor, but she did hear him mention earlier that he was looking for people to help him. Likewise, [b]Diana[/b] would need a Listen roll to hear [b]Adam[/b] talking. Both of them have spent the last round making their way to the north stairwell, and they are now on the upper floor. It takes one round to go up or down each flight of stairs.
On the roof-
Megan Petrovich emerged onto the roof, and she saw that the helicopter was not a military one after all. It belonged to the Nebraska State Police, and its pilot, Trooper Erica Spears, was at the northwest corner of the roof pointing an M-16 at a small group of ghouls at the northwest corner of the fence. She was strikingly beautiful, with short auburn hair, and she wore a flight suit. Rachel Cohen was beside her, and Michiko Watanabe and Elijah Smith also stood nearby. In the football field, far to the northwest, she could see Officer Kate Wheeler shooting at the zombies with her pistol.

Erica watched with dismay as Kate tried to fire at another zombie, but nothing happened. Erica took another shot. It was perfect, drilling the creature right between the eyes and dropping it. Only three remained on their feet, and one was on its knees clawing at the fence. "She shoots, she scores!" cheered Erica.
OOC,[b]Megan[/b], roll Sanity for seeing the zombies. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. If you succeed, you lose no Sanity, but if you fail you lose 1d10. If you lose 5 or more, you must roll Idea. Succeeding at that roll means you go temporarily insane. You want to fail the Idea roll, as then you'll still be in control of yourself.
In the north stairwell, upper floor-
"Any time!" called Dr. Smith to Adam as the younger man headed downstairs. "Good luck!" He went out the door into the hall, passing Sharon Kaplan and Diana Forester as they entered. He stood aside and held the door open for them, nodding his head in greeting before heading for the lab.

In the north hall, upper floor-
Dr. Smith exited the stairwell and passed through the door to the special projects lab. Further south, Roy McCrumb followed Kyle Rogers to the balcony overlooking the lobby.

On the balcony-
"Hey, I'm talking to you!" snarled Roy as he trailed behind Kyle.

"Leave me alone!" snapped Kyle.

"Leave me alone!" Roy mimicked his voice, making it higher and whinier.

"I mean it! Don't mess with me!"

Roy prodded him with the end of his bat. "What are you going to do about it, jerkwad? What are you up to, anyway?"

In the science lab-
"Maybe later, once the lights come back on," said LaTanya. "We need to stay alert until those...things are dealt with. Wouldn't want to get caught with our pants down. You think you'll be ready to be a dad in nine months, Darnell?"

In the special projects lab-
Dr. Somerville joined Dr. Singh at his laptop as he brought up the data.
Dr. Edward Singh and Dr. Liz Somerville,Both scientists started looking over the data. The first file they opened described a substance dubbed the "Leonid Compound," named after the Leonid meteor showers which had been depositing it all over the Earth in recent years. This compound was extremely complex and difficult to analyze, but it appeared to have an pseudo-organic component. However, that component was nothing like any known lifeform. According to [b]Dr. Hausmann[/b]'s notes, this compound is believed to be part of a chemical formula that required a trigger in order to activate it, and when activated it would generate a virus. Her latest notes, dated this morning, indicated that she believed that trigger happened within the last day, and that it was either caused by or coincident with last night's meteor shower. [b]Dr. Singh[/b], roll Biology.
"Yes, I think we can," said Stephanie as she typed rapidly. "If what I'm doing works, it will help us in many ways. One of those ways is to render the dead susceptible to an electromagnetic pulse. I've discovered that the process that reanimates dead bodies is electrical in nature, and that an EMP will shut them down - provided there's no outside interference. That's what that device on the roof is for, the one Adam built, but we can't use it until this is done. An EMP has the unfortunate side effect of destroying all integrated circuits within its area of effect - which should be the entire city of Omaha from my brief look at it after we landed. That would fry all our computers, but we can protect the laptops by wrapping them completely in aluminum foil before we activate the pulse generator. It also means we'll lose our electricity, but if this works we won't need the fence to be electrified any more. I just hope we've got enough time."

Dr. Helene Saunders nodded. "It's a price we'll have to pay. There are many thousands of them in Omaha, and we'll never stop them otherwise. And the signal you're going to transmit will stop this...outside interference?"

"I sure hope so."

Dr. Bernard Smith ambled into the lab. "Adam's back on his feet," he said. "He's heading down to try to fix the generator."

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Lucy Armstrong continued downstairs to the basement, while Keith, Miguel, Alvin, and Murray followed Jerry Law into the hall. Coach Moore remained in the stairwell. Adam Donnelly arrived from above.
OOC,I'm assuming [b]Murray[/b] follows [b]Alvin[/b], since there hasn't been a post for him. [b]Lucy Armstrong[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Her player, if there ever is one, should stop reading the current thread at this point and should not read any posts above the one linked to in the new thread. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Power Failure

In the north hall, ground floor-
Keith, Miguel, Alvin, and Murray followed Jerry through the hall on his way back to the lobby.
OOC,Everyone in this hall, roll LIsten.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvin stopped and held his hand up, "Did anyone hear that?"

In the scicence Lab:

Darnell sighed and said, "Well I really do not want to have a kid now. But see earlier on the way to the assembly when we heard bout this I stopped in the bathroom and got some condums so we are safe babe. Plus there is no gurantee we will make it till morning. With the electricity off those things could make it in here and we could die! Don't you want some pleasure before pain baby?" It appeared to Darnell that Latanya was being swayed and he said to her, "Or I have a better plan. Last semester when I was doing my term paper on Sex and Religion I was shown a copy of the Kama Sutra which the librarian keeps in a locked drawer in her desk. I think I can open up that drawer and we can at least look at the book and discuss possible events. Sound cool? If so lets go?"
Last edited by Mr Zombie killer on Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Alvin Drummond,[b]Alvin[/b] heard someone pounding on one of the fire exits on the east side of the building. It was either in the gym, the kitchen, or the cafeteria, but he couldn't be entirely sure which one.
OOC,Anyone who passes the Listen roll will hear the same thing and should click the above button to find out what the sound was.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

In the North Hallway, ground floor:

Alvin said, "Jerry I hear someone pounding on one of the fire exits either in the gym, the kitchen, or the cafeteria. It may be Kate. She was the only one out there when I came in. We need to go help her out!"
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

Vice Principal Sharon Kaplan

Vice Principal Sharon continued her brisk walk down the stairs and toward the Security Office. She wondered how she could have been so stupid not to think of it sooner. Such a place was sure to be of use. She giggled to herself.

Diana Forester

Diana immediately reconsidered her goal of going into the basement when the power came on. It was only when she saw the Vice Principal however, that she completely and totally abandoned her plans. To Diana, Vice Principal Kaplan was something from the deepest depths of the Uncanny Valley. She was a mechanical woman whose only human emotion seemed to be disgust. All others were crude attempts which never failed to unnerve her.

She waited until it was out of sight before considering her next movement. Things seemed to be being held together by everyone, except her. She breathed once before deciding that she might be able to assist by researching. Information, any information really was useful. Now, though she had to decide between the Computer Lab and the Library. While she would have a wider selection of information in the computer lab (along with communication with some of her friends on the Internet), there was still no power and she may get stuck wasting precious time before it came on. The library on the other hand had a smaller selection of information but did not recquire electricity and could be easily barricaded with the bookshelves.

After a moment of contemplation, she made her decision and began her trek to the library. This will certainly be interesting.
Last edited by Pentadragon on Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Actually the power has [i]already[/i] gone out, some seven minutes ago. Even if it were still on, nobody has been able to connect to the Internet since very early this morning, whether through computers or mobile devices. The Internet Service Providers have simply been unreachable, and a connection cannot be established. Computers work okay offline, provided there's power.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”