IC-OMAHA-The Gathering(Everyone else)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-OMAHA-The Gathering(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 4:19 PM Central Time - Brooks High School, Omaha, Nebraska
In the north hall, ground floor-
LaTanya laughed when Darnell spoke. "Darnell, you know damn well I'm on the fencing team," she said. "I actually know how to use that sword. If you start poking it around, you're as likely to hurt yourself as anyone else." She went with him, Roy McCrumb, and Coach Ron Moore to the stairs.

"Thanks, kid," said Becky, taking the bat from Emilio and hurrying into the stairwell.

"Glad you made it to," said Chuck Lubachek to Keith Stewart. He pulled Tiny along on his leash after Becky. "Move it, you stupid dog!"

"Don't worry, Principal," said Emily before following him. "My son and his assistant will get your generator up and running. We'll bill you later."

"Right," said Principal Lawrence Adler. "Keep moving upstairs in an orderly fashion, everyone. I'll be the last one up. I need to make sure everyone down here is accounted for first. What about the gym door?"

"We shut it already!" Emily called back as she vanished into the stairwell.

"Boss, we can't just leave you here," said Laura Shelley, concerned.

"I'll be fine, Laura," the principal assured her. "You and Sharon just go. You too, Nurse Marquez." All three of them complied and entered the stairs. Only Emilio, Keith, and Miguel remained with him. He looked back toward the lobby, where he saw Amelia Delacroix.

"Principal Adler!" she called.

"Good to see you, Ms. Delacroix! Is there anyone else down there with you?"

"Tariq and Lori Desmond are right behind me!"

"Good, we're moving everyone upstairs, just in case."

Tariq walked into view right behind the chef and said: "I'm glad to see someone else, especially you. We were making lunch when the power went out, but we've salvaged some food that we can share. What is the plan now? It is a pity that we spent so much time doing fire drills and never drilled for a situation like this."

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
As the crowd moved in from the hallway, a few more people arrived from the basement stairs. Jerry Law and Alvin Drummond found themselves amidst the crowd. Voices spoke on Jerry's walkie-talkie. First Officer Kate Wheeler said: "This is Adam One - do you need a 10-89 at the stairwell? Do you need a hand with Adam?"

"Negative, Officer," replied Dr. Helene Saunders on the radio, "but thank you. We need you to keep those things from breaching the fence right now. Dr. Somerville is helping Adam, and there are more people on the way who might be able to help him if she cannot, and they are a lot closer. You're one of the few people with guns, and we're relying on you for our defense. Once we get the generator back up and running, we'll be all right. We just need to buy enough time to do that."

A wheelbarrow was parked just inside the fire exit. In it were a large wood axe and a chainsaw.
Jerry Law,[b]Jerry[/b] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1913174/]noticed[/url] that [b]Kyle Rogers[/b] had gotten up ahead of him and was trying to mingle with the crowd and pretend he had been there all along, though [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1913173/]he wasn't trying hard enough[/url]. Why had he slipped away, and why didn't he want anyone to notice?
In the north stairwell, upper floor-
Megan Petrovich entered the stairwell from the upstairs hall. On the flight leading up to the roof, she saw Adam Donnelly sitting dejectedly with his face buried in his hands. Dr. Liz Somerville leaned over him and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Adam, it's Liz," she said, soothingly. "Please, get up. We need your help to repair the generator. We need that power, and I know you can do it. I have confidence in you, and you need to have confidence in yourself." He remained mostly unresponsive.
Adam Donnelly,You have four more rounds of insanity, including this one.
In the north hall, upper floor-
"Come on, children," said Julianne Landers when she saw Enrico Santini enter the special projects lab. "Everyone in there." She led her six students inside. Lisa Marley took her brother Doug's hand and tugged him after her.

In the special projects lab-
Officer Kate Wheeler's voice came from the walkie-talkie: "This is Adam One - do you need a 10-89 at the stairwell? Do you need a hand with Adam?"

"Negative, Officer," replied Dr. Helene Saunders on the radio, "but thank you. We need you to keep those things from breaching the fence right now. Dr. Somerville is helping Adam, and there are more people on the way who might be able to help him if she cannot, and they are a lot closer. You're one of the few people with guns, and we're relying on you for our defense. Once we get the generator back up and running, we'll be all right. We just need to buy enough time to do that."

Enrico Santini entered and went up to Chester Johsnon, whispering something in his ear.
Chester Johnson,"[b]Chester[/b], what's going on here?" he whispered. "Who's landing on the roof?"
OOC,Everyone else currently in the lab may roll Listen if you want to try to overhear this. If you succeed, go ahead and click the spoiler button above to see what he whispered.
Julianne entered shortly after him, leading six students with her: Heather Anderson, Doug and Lisa Marley, Teresa Vazquez, Kelly Cameron, and Sunny Kwon.

"Hey, Teresa!" said Diana, waving her friend over. "I'm so glad you're okay!"

"Me too," said Teresa, giving her a hug.

On the roof-
Rachel Cohen and everyone else on the roof heard the women speaking on the radio.

Erica Spears climbed out of the helicopter as the noise of the rotors died down. She tugged off the helmet of her flight suit, letting her lovely hair loose. "It's nice to meet all of you," she said. "I'm Trooper Erica Spears, Nebraska State Police." Another gunshot to the northwest drew her attention, and she saw the pack of ghouls at the fence, where a policewoman was shooting them. She only cringed a little, then unshouldered her M-16 and made her way to the corner of the roof. "I'll help pick 'em off. Stephanie, get to the lab and do whatever it is you've got to do."

Lucy Armstrong emerged from the co-pilot's seat, carrying a toolkit and a steel pipe. She had an M3A1 .45 Grease gun slung over her shoulder. "Hi, my name's Lucy," she said. "I'm a mechanic and I can help with the generator. How do I get to it?"

Dr. Bernard Smith got out of the rear seat. "I can get Mr. Donnelly back on his feet," he said. "I'm Dr. Bernard Smith. It's a pleasure." He held his door open for Stephanie, who climbed out carrying her laptop in its case.

"Thank you, doctor," she said as she hustled across the roof. "I'm Stephanie Bridges, and it's very good to meet all of you. We need to get to the lab right away. Hopefully the generator will be back up by the time I'm finished our work. It's nice to see you again, Rachel. I'm so relieved you're still among the living. I know we're in good hands with you watching our backs." She noticed the EMP generator. "Oh, good, Adam finished the EMP device. It's very important that nobody activates it until we finish our work and give the okay. It would not only kill any chance of powering the fence, it would also prevent us from transmitting a signal, and it's absoultely vital that we be able to communicate. If my theory is right, once we're done, which should be in about twenty minutes, we'll be able to use the EMP to take out all the ghouls within its range. Unfortunately, it'll also fry all unshielded electronics, but there's no way around that."

"The chopper's running on empty anyway," said Erica. "We were lucky to make it here in the first place."

Dr. Brigetta Hausmann followed Stephanie across the roof, cradling her broken arm.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-The Gathering(Everyone else)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Emilio followed the flow of people to the north stairwell and looked for the generator room. Was it downstairs?
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell said to LaTanya, "Baby watch your mouth. I hate it when you talk dirty you know." He pulled out the foil and used it to lightly spank her with. He then said, "Here you need a weapon and are better at this then I am anyway."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, the generator is downstairs, in the basement. [b]Emilio[/b] can get into the stairwell this turn, but he'll have to wait until the next turn before he actually gets down there. Anyone who started this round in the stairs already can make it up or down one flight of stairs.
In the north stairwell, ground floor-
LaTanya giggled. "Thanks, sweetie," she said, accepting the foil and holding it high overhead to keep it from poking anyone in the crowd. "Come on, let's get upstairs."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
To Principal Adler, Emilio and Miguel:
"We gotta take the axe - and the chainsaw, well! it is the ultimate zombie dispatcher; (according to the films)."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The axe and chainsaw are in the stairwell itself. I take it [b]Keith[/b] is moving into the stairwell this turn and then calling back through the door to anyone who hasn't gone with him?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
OOC,Yes, Keith [u]must[/u] have the chainsaw. 8-)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen
On the roof:
Rachel acknowledged Stephanie Bridges' comment and then follows Erica Spears, reminded of the reason she came up to the roof: to defend the school.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Rachel Cohen,Roll Spot Hidden, and remember your +15 bonus. The base skill level is 25%, so this gives you a 40% chance.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen
Rachel surveyed the scene.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell followed Latanya up the stairs.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

-So, you were fast to come here, Kyle.
To Rachel:
-Do you need help to anything?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen
To Michiko:
"That depends, got a strong stomach?, if so come with me to the northwest corner."

[sub]Rachel Cohen strides over the roof to join Erica Spears.[/sub]
Last edited by Tabs on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-I will try what my poor habilities let me.

Rorran
Layman
Layman

Post by Rorran »

Chester

To Enrico, aloud:
"Until a few minutes ago, we've been holed up here safe from those...things...while the CDC figures out what the hell to do. The folks who came in by chopper have some data that Dr. Singh over here needs...Hmm...Now that I think about it..."

To Dr. Singh:
"Hey Singh...what now? Anything I can assist with now that the data have arrived?"
Last edited by Rorran on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
--Albert Einstein
Rorran
Layman
Layman

Post by Rorran »

Adam

Adam, slumped on the stairs, struggles to pull himself back to reality...his mind reels, trying to make some sense of it all.

Frantically, he thinks aloud:
"Why here? Why us? All those kids...those people...Steph...is she ok? Gotta keep her safe...can't let those things at her...where's Steph? Should be here by now..."
Mr. Handy,I've got 2 more rounds of insanity, right?
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
--Albert Einstein
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kyle Rogers,That was [b]Jerry Law[/b] talking to you in kabukiman's post. He must have spotted you in the crowd where you were trying to hide. You should post in this thread from now on and stop reading and posting in Power Failure.
Michiko Watanabe,Roll Spot Hidden again.
In the north stairwell, upper floor-
"I think she's just landed on the roof," said Liz. "She should be down here soon. I hope she's all right too."
Adam Donnelly,You have the remainder of this round, and then three more after this. Your insanity may end earlier than that. [b]Liz[/b] will get another chance when I post a major update, and [b]Dr. Smith[/b] has a much better chance to help when he arrives.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Imported_Goods
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Imported_Goods »

Doug Marley:

Doug gives no resistance to his sister pulling his arm and follows her into the special projects lab. "I'm coming Lisa, you can stop pulling me now."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

Michiko suddenly stops noticing something.

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen
On the roof, to Michiko:
"First of all Michiko, I am not your boss, if you don't want to do what I say, you tell me, okay?" Rachel checks to see she compehends. "Can you wander round the perimeter of the roof keeping an eye on those ghouls, or anything else unusual; if you spot something shout immediately to myself or Erica Spears."

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”