IC-OMAHA-The Gathering(Everyone else)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

beertender
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-The Gathering(Everyone else)

Post by beertender »

So lost,took a vacation and trying to figure out where i am.....sorry for the afk
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That's okay, but please let me know before you leave next time so I can NPC your character. I just assumed he stayed where he was and did nothing, so he's still in the north stairwell, on the ground floor. [b]Becky Clarke[/b] and [b]Lucy Armstrong[/b] just came past on their way back upstairs from the basement to investigate the gunshots. I'm planning to update all of the Omaha threads on Wednesday night, so you've got a little time to catch up and post if you want to do something now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen

[sub]Rachel is heading down the stairs on her way to the Science Lab.[/sub]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the north hall, ground floor-
Alvin and Jerry Law led the way south into the lobby, with Keith and Murray close behind them.
OOC,[b]Alvin Drummond[/b], [b]Murray[/b], [b]Keith Stewart[/b], and [b]Jerry Law[/b] are moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point. [b]Alvin[/b]'s player already has a character in the new thread, but the others should not read any posts in it above the one in the link. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Showdown

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Becky and Lucy continued upstairs, while Ron Moore remained where he was.

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
Adam continued on his way up to the roof, while Rachel stepped into the hallway and hurried back to the lab. Becky and Lucy then reached the landing from below.

On the roof-
"Thanks, Michiko," said Erica, looking around. "I sure hope they get the power on fast so Stephanie can finish what she's doing. I'll deal with the ones at the northwest corner first. They're already most of the way through the fence." She took aim at her next target and fired again. Her bullet struck the undamaged zombie in the temple and pulverized its head. This left only the two injured ones.

Adam Donnelly emerged from the stairs onto the roof. Elijah Smith watched the action nervously, while Megan Petrovich seemed to be enjoying it.

In the north hall, upper floor-
Julianne Landers emerged from the classroom carrying the fire extinguisher. As she did, Rachel entered from the stairwell and hurried past her into the special projects lab.

In the special projects lab-
"Be careful!" called Stephanie to Julianne when she left. She continued typing rapidly. Now she was in the home stretch, but all of the chaos around her made her worry.

Dr. Helene Saunders looked up as Rachel Cohen entered. She then spoke into the radio to answer Kate: "Officer Wheeler, if one of those things has gotten inside, it must be stopped. If it kills anyone, we could be dealing with more than one soon. We must buy as much time as possible so the power can be restored. Rachel just came back to the lab, but she's nowhere near the kitchen. There have been shots fired inside the school, a shotgun and a pistol. I don't know why yet. It's up to you what you feel is most important to investigate. We need your help, but you must take care of yourself too."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Squidcorp »

OOC,So does Becky have action now, or did she just spend it reaching the second floor?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Becky[/b] can act now. She used last turn's action getting to the second floor.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Julianna is drawn toward the shouting and banging coming from the balcony area. After pausing to check the east & west halls for intruders, she moves quickly south down the center hall. She reflexively presses her back against one wall and slides along it as she goes. approaching the balcony, she slows down to a creep, trying to see or hear what's going on before she exposes herself to who-knows-what. She reaches the end of the hall holding the nozzle up in front of her, the extinguisher unpinned and ready to spray.
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Becky holds the bat high as she half-stumbles into the the hall from the north stairwell, looking ahead frantically for any movement. She only sees the strange sight of that prissy blonde bitch sneaking down the hall toward the balcony with a fire extinguisher. Stomping angrily once she is convinced that the coast is clear, Becky begrudgingly follows Lucy into the lab, hoping that there are some more people with guns in there and not just a bunch of damn pansies.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen
In the lab:
"Beitsim! What the hell is happening?" she exclaims. Rachel gets a grip on herself, "Everyone okay in here?"
Becky Clarke,Becky will be delighted to see that Rachel has a large handgun holstered at her waist and (even better), an Uzi, slung by its strap over her shoulder.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, Rachel, we're all fine," said Dr. Saunders. "Kate Wheeler said she found some sort of hole in the concrete in the construction area, and something apparently had come out of it and broken in the kitchen door. Those shots that were fired came from the locker area to the south, but we have no idea what they're about."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen
In the lab:
"So something has got inside the school. Zayin! It could be anywhere; I'd go and hunt for it.... but you people are vital for all of our survival.

"Dr.Saunders, how long do the scientists need to finish the work here?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Kate said the kitchen door had been broken in downstairs," said Dr. Saunders. "She's in a better position to deal with it than you are, and we need you here with those shots fired nearby. It shouldn't be that much longer to finish up, but we'll need the power back on."

"I'll be done in less than fifteen minutes," said Stephanie as she typed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Rorran
Layman
Layman

Post by Rorran »

Adam, on the roof:

Adam scans the roof, seeing the two adults and two students. He yells out to them:

"You guys are doing a great job up here. Shouldn't be too much longer now. That generator will be up soon, Steph will finish her job, and we'll send these things back to Hell!"

Adam thinks to himself: "Wow, Adam, sounds simple when you put it that way...doesn't it?"

He walks over to the EMP device.
Mr Handy,Can I roll electronics or something to assess the condition of the EMP device?
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
--Albert Einstein
Rorran
Layman
Layman

Post by Rorran »

Chester, in the special projects lab:

Chester, starting to feel a bit claustrophobic, counts the number of people in the room...

He muses to himself:"...nineteen, twenty, twenty-one...Heh...is it crowded in here, or is it just me? Granted, it's better that we're together...or does that just make us a buffet?"
Last edited by Rorran on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
--Albert Einstein
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Adam[/b], roll Physics to inspect the EMP generator and make sure it's properly set up. I was going to have you roll this anyway if the device was ever used to make sure it was assembled correctly, but since you're checking it out now you'll find out if it will work before you need to use it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Rorran
Layman
Layman

Post by Rorran »

Adam, on the roof...

Adam inspects the EMP generator, but can't be sure if it's cobbled together properly...

"Hrrm..."
Mr Handy,So...what's the protocol on trying again? :mrgreen:
--Albert Einstein
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You'll have to wait some time before you can try again. I'll let you know when you can. In the meantime, other characters can try Physics rolls. [b]Adam[/b] knows that [b]Dr. Saunders[/b] and [b]Stephanie[/b] both have excellent knowledge of Physics (though [b]Stephanie[/b] is busy at the moment), and some of the teachers and students might be able to help too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen

[sub]Rachel positions herself in the lab doorway and scans the corridor in both directions; she also tries the door handle of the Science Classroom opposite.[/sub]
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tangerine »

Dr Singh

Dr Singh's daydreams of grandeur are slowly washed away by the mounting anxiety in the room. Seeing Chester look about the room, Dr Singh has a similar thought - his recall of the spread-of-infection simulation doesn't help.

No use trying to publish posthumously... Besides, these reanimated organisms won't respect the safety and biocontainment protocols of the lab.

"Dr Hausmann, is there anything I could be doing to help expedite this work? I've run the simulation over and over, as has Dr Somerville - the data is on this laptop."
"The whole world is crazy except thee and me, though sometimes I wonder about thee." - Grandmother Tangerine (dec.)
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tangerine »

Megan Petrovich

After Erica has taken her last shot, Megan asks; "You wouldn't happen to have a firearm for me, would you? I served in Iraq - not being armed when there's shit going down like this gets me nervous..."
"The whole world is crazy except thee and me, though sometimes I wonder about thee." - Grandmother Tangerine (dec.)

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”