IC-OMAHA-The Gathering(Everyone else)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-The Gathering(Everyone else)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin nooded and said, "I got point" He then took up position at the head of the group holding his hatchet in one hand and the bottle in the other.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Adam[/b] doesn't actually have a walkie-talkie. He gave it to [b]Rachel[/b], and [b]Dr. Saunders[/b] still has her own.
In the north hall, ground floor-
Sharon hurried south, into the lobby, where Miguel Garcia already was. Alvin Drummond led the way out of the gym and into the hall, followed by Murray, Keith, and Jerry. As they did, two pistol shots rang out followed immediately by another shotgun blast.
OOC,[b]Alvin Drummond[/b], [b]Murray[/b], [b]Keith Stewart[/b], and [b]Jerry Law[/b], roll Spot Hidden. [b]Sharon Kaplan[/b] and [b]Miguel Garcia[/b] are moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point. [b]Sharon[/b]'s player already has a character in the new thread, but if anyone ever plays [b]Miguel[/b], do not read any posts in it above the one in the link. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Showdown

On the roof-
"Yes, please look after Stephanie," said Erica as Rachel headed downstairs. "I've got my own radio, so call me if you need help." She took aim at one of the zombies at the fence again and fired, hitting it but failing to down it. A pair of pistol shots sounded from within the building, followed right away by another shotgun blast.
OOC,We can assume you tell [b]Erica[/b] the frequency you've been using, so now she can hear and talk to the others with radios, including [b]Rachel[/b].
Michiko Watanabe,[b]Michiko[/b] saw [b]Kate Wheeler[/b] running southeast across the rear parking lot, vanishing behind the northeast corner of the school building. She also noticed that, in addition to the three zombies remaining at the northwest corner of the fence, there were more zombies here and there all around the fence. They were clawing at it and had gotten most of the way through.
In the special projects lab-
Dr. Hausmann drew her pistol with her good hand, facing the door but making no move toward it. Stephanie also instinctively patted her pocket and felt the reassuring weight of her own handgun. "Liz," she said as she continued to type. "I've got a gun and one spare magazine. I can't afford to interrupt my work, so you can borrow them if you need them. I remember from those times we went out to the range together that you're a decent shot." Everyone heard two pistol shots and another shotgun blast, coming from the same direction. "As I was saying, it's the virus that causes the bodies to animate, but it needs electricity to 'jump start' it. Once activated, they can function without additional power, but eventually they'd wind down and collapse. Second Law of Thermodynamics and all that. That would probably take years and years, though, and we don't have that long. If what I'm doing works, that initializing electrical impulse will stop, and the dead will stay dead. The ones that have already been initialized will still be roaming around until they're stopped."

In the north stairwell, ground floor-
Adam hurried on up the stairs as more gunshots were heard, while Ron Moore remained where he was. Lucy and Becky arrived from the basement.

In the north stairwell, upper floor-
Rachel and Adam arrived on the landing at the same time, from different directions.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
Keith is oblivious to his surroundings. The shots are loud and frightening.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen
The north stairwell, upper floor:
"Good to see you back on your feet, Adam. I'm going down to the lab. I never thought any danger would come from within the school."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvin carefully led the group out of the gym. His senses were all at the ready. For the first time in years he felt alive and this time it was not because of whiskey or because he was luckly enough to get a spot in the local shelter on a cold night for the price of hearing a sermon. Now it felt like he was back in the jungle and he knew that it would be up to himself to protect this squad. As he carefully led the group out into the hall he scanned the hall and saw something out of the corner of his eye. He held his hand up to keep the others back and faced what he saw with his weapons at the ready.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the north stairwell, second floor-
Rachel and Adam heard Kate's voice on Rachel's radio: "This is Officer Kate Wheeler. I have a Code 1 here - the hole is man-shaped, is empty. Fire door to kitchen has been removed somehow - cafeteria and gym door intact. Request -, er, should I investigate? Anyone inside the kitchen?"

In the special projects lab-
Everyone in the lab could also hear Kate speaking from Dr. Saunders's radio.

In the north hall, ground floor-
The group in the hall also heard Kate.
Alvin Drummond,[b]Alvin[/b] saw [b]Sharon Kaplan[/b] enter the lobby from the hall a short distance ahead. [b]Miguel Garcia[/b] was already in there, crouched behind the security desk and firing a Glock 9mm handgun at something on the balcony. He also spotted [b]Roy McCrumb[/b] on the lobby floor clutching his bat, though he didn't appear to be hurt.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvin motioned to the group what he saw and had them keep back out of the line of sight of whomever was above
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Squidcorp »

Special Projects Lab

Hearing more shots down the hall, Julianne's need for a valium is washed over by an icy rush. She braces herself and moves toward the scientists in long, confident strides, trying to speak in a low voice.

"Those things must be getting in... possibly through that hole in the wall. If the school is invaded we have to defend this room. I'll to try to get a spare pistol from one of the others. If I find one I'll bring it back. Any event, I will at least see what's happening out there."

As she speaks she looks around the room for anything she can take with her.
Mr Handy,Sorry, but do I need to roll for Spot Hidden to look for an emergency axe or at least a fire extinguisher in the room?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,There's a fire extinguisher in the room, and you don't need to roll Spot Hidden for it. There is no axe here, unless you count the one that [b]Emily Lubachek[/b] is holding. You can of course roll Spot Hidden to see if you find anything else that may be of use. Don't assume you find what you're looking for, though, or even that there's anything to find at all.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

Special Projects Lab

Julianne pauses, still scanning the room for anything that could be used for self defense, but sees nothing.

She then goes to the fire extinguisher, unclasps the metal bands and takes it from the wall, glancing at Stephanie and the others apologetically.

"Sorry about this... I'll try to bring it back in just a moment."

She pushes her pumps off with her toes and heads for the door barefoot, speed-reading the instructions on the tank as she goes.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
"What do we do Alvin, Goddamnit? Miguel is one of the good guys, you must help him!"
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

-Ok, let's help him. But with caution, we don't have any firepower.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvin nooded and said to Law, "Okay lets go. Keith stay back rookie we do not want to lose you. Law and I know what to do in a firefight."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Which way are you heading? To the lobby, where [b]Miguel[/b] is at the moment, or to the stairs because whatever he was shooting at was up there?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Alvin, I think it's better that we avoid the stairs, helping Miguel or anyone in danger should be our priority.
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Squidcorp »

North Stairwell

Becky leans on her baseball bat like a cane as she climbs the stairs, making a repetitive clacking sound that reverberates in the stairwell, in rhythm with her panting.

"Yeah, well I'm sure ready to smash something."
Mr Handy,I'm thinking that Becky & Lucy are at the second floor since you said that they have arrived... should I roll 'Listen' to determine whether Becky heard more shooting?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,They're on the first floor right now, but they're heading up to the second floor. They'll get there in the next major update. No need to roll Listen again. You already succeeded at your roll, so you hear the shots.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Alvin told his group, "Your right, lets go to the lobby. Keith you may come but stay well back. we cannot use one as young as you."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
"Alvin, Jerry, good luck."
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Erica-San? The number of things is increasing and they are making a hole in the fence. It shouldn't take too long before they enter- says Michiko.

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”