IC-OMAHA-The Gathering(Everyone else)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-The Gathering(Everyone else)

Post by Squidcorp »

Mr. Handy,Is Julianne sufficiently aware of Keith's location to sneak away and find out if he has any Valium on him? She REALLY needs one.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,She will see that, but she hasn't seen it yet. I'll post that in the next major update. She spent the current round moving to the lobby, so she can't act again yet in response to it. [b]Roy[/b] moved to the Showdown thread. Remember that there are other players who don't have characters in that thread, so be careful about revealing spoilers out of character. If your character has some knowledge of the events (such as [b]Julianne[/b], who succeeded at her Listen roll), he or she can reveal the information in character.
Julianne Landers,[b]Julianne[/b] doesn't know exactly where [b]Keith[/b] is. The last she knew, he was downstairs somewhere, but that was quite a while ago. She can make it to the north stairwell this round if she's heading that way, but she'll have to wait until next round to go down.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Squidcorp
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Squidcorp »

Special Projects Lab
Julianne turns to the others in the Lab with a wild look on her face.

"Yes! It was from the front! It sounded so close... It had to be the Lockers!"

Hoping that someone else would check it out, she makes no move to investigate. Instead she moves toward her students.

"Kids, stay right where you are!"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Alvin heard the blast echo in the hallways but he could not determine where it came from. Instead he hit the ground and rolled to the nearby bleachers to take cover as he had been taught in Vietnam.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen
On the roof:
Rachel hears Officer Kate Wheeler's radio message and is happy she is returning to the school. Then the shotgun blasts, she has a clear impression of the direction of its noise.
Last edited by Tabs on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
In the gym:
The debate over whether or not to open the fire exit is interrupted by a shotgun blast, "Oh crap," whispers Keith. He knows where the blast came from.
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years

Post by kabukiman »

Jerry wasn't interested to open a door when he heard the blast, but didn't had any idea from where it was.

Michiko,can she make any roll to detect changes?
Tangerine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tangerine »

Megan

"Damn, almost!" exclaimed Megan as Erica's next shot went wide. Hearing Kate's replies, Megan said "Is it just the cop out there alone, or is anyone else outside?"

Turning her head to look at the helicopter, she pondered whether she might be able to acquire a weapon - perhaps Erica had a spare handgun stashed? She knew that most seasoned fighters always kept a -

Suddenly, a shotgun blast boomed within the school, and Megan's instincts didn't let her down this time.

Dr Singh

Dr Singh frowned as he assimilated this knowledge - his papers would definitely be more challenging to publish now. He would have to also credit Dr Hausmman. Interesting.

"..!" Dr Singh's interruption was interrupted by a shotgun blast that seemed to echo in the lab. Amazingly, Dr Singh realised that he could infer the direction of the shot rather well for a lab-dwelling scientist.

OOC,Because all CDC scientists are now trained in the subtle art and science of Pinpointing Locations of Shotgun Blasts in Unfamiliar School Buildings (101) :P I like my rolls today!
"The whole world is crazy except thee and me, though sometimes I wonder about thee." - Grandmother Tangerine (dec.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, [b]Michiko[/b] can roll Listen like everyone else to try to figure out where the sound came from. She can also roll Spot Hidden to find out if she can see anything new from up on the roof. So can everyone else on the roof, for that matter. The base skill level for both Listen and Spot Hidden is 25%.
On the roof-
Megan's and Rachel's keen hearing helped them determine that the blast had come from the upper floor, in the center of the south end of the school building. Then Rachel's radio crackled, and Kate spoke again: "This is Officer Wheeler. The doors are all shut on the north side - you guys taking precautions or is something up? I'm on the south of the football field near the rear carpark. Something's got me a bit suspicious - I can see a hole in a new foundation block over at the construction yard. Anyone know about that?"

In the special projects lab-
Everyone in the lab also heard Kate's speech from Dr. Saunders's radio. Dr. Singh could tell that the shotgun blast had come from this floor, at the south end of the building.

In the gym-
Kate's voice came from Jerry's radio, and those in the gym heard it. Keith was also able to tell that the shot came from the south end of the building, possibly upstairs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Mr Handy,Was this a major update?
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No, that's just a minor update. Some players still haven't posted yet, and I need to give them time to do so, especially considering that the last major update was just yesterday. The soonest that a major update for Omaha will come is Wednesday. You can tell by the size of the post whether an update is major or minor, and whether it deals with all of the locations in this thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen
On the roof:
Rachel, the CDC security expert, is torn between events, should she check on the lab or stay put? She scans round the school, but doesn't see anything new.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
Keith listens to Officer Wheeler on Jerry's radio, "Told you so, that female cop outside is onto something - whatever it is - it's beyond that fire exit door," Keith jabs his finger at it.
"And that shot, I'm certain it was fired in the locker room."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That's the locker area on the second floor balcony, not the locker rooms underneath the gym.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-I don't know abouth the hole. I think it's better that you return inside. You our best shooter and it would be a disaster if something... happened to you. Get inside.
Then Jerry speaks to the others:
Let's go to the locker area on the second floor balcony to see what was that.

She sawsomething but didn't heard anything.

Last edited by kabukiman on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Keith Stewart
Keith ponders on what it could be in the construction site and decides he does not want to find out. Sticking with Jerry and Alvin seems the safe bet. "Okay Jerry, I'm coming with you."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Rachel Cohen
On the roof, speaking to Erica and Megan:
"I must check the lab and ensure the CDC personnel are okay."
Mr Handy,Do Erica or Megan have a radiio?, if not Rachel will give Erica hers; then head for the stairs and the lab.
Rorran
Layman
Layman

Post by Rorran »

Adam, in the north stairwell, ground floor...

To Coach Moore:
"Yeah, I heard it too. I think I know where it came from. Let's check it out."

Adam pauses a moment and reaches for his walkie-talkie.

"Hey, Helene, this is Adam. I hope you still have your walkie... I left the generator room in the hands of four people who seem to know what they're doing. It should be up soon. I was heading back up to the EMP to do final checks when we heard this gun shot. We're going to check it out quick. Over"
Last edited by Rorran on Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
--Albert Einstein
Rorran
Layman
Layman

Post by Rorran »

Chester, in the special projects lab:

Chester hears the shotgun blast.

"Did that shot just come from where I think it came from?"
When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
--Albert Einstein
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper

Post by kabukiman »

-Good decision Keith. Remember we should only take risks to save other people, or we will be throwing away our lives.

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”