IC-SWORD-Captive Hearts(Captives)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: IC-SWORD-Captive Hearts(Captives)

Post by Pentadragon »

Raquel sat against the wall and waited.
OOC,I apologize for the very short length. It is just that I do not know what to do right now. I know what I want to do, but there seem to be very few options left.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
Raquel Orozco,[b]Raquel[/b] saw the woman look around and then grab the man's arm and pull him to a stop. "[b]Doc[/b], I knew you would never condone anything like this," she said. "I just knew it. You're too gentle of a soul. I don't think things will change with [b]Mutt[/b] at the helm. I've seen the way he looks at me. He looks me up and down like a piece of meat. Not like the way you look at me; kindly and lovingly." She stared into his eyes and leaned into him as she said the last sentence. [b]Doc[/b] put his arms comfortingly around her, gazing into her eyes. "I do love you, [b]Sally[/b]," he said. "I thought I'd never find a woman who could make me feel the way you do." He kissed her quickly on the lips. "I wish we had more time to be alone together, but we have to help [b]Hitch[/b] first. [b]Mutt[/b]'s probably with him in the next room. We'll talk more about this later, when we have some privacy." He took her arm and walked out of the corridor with her.
Alicia Vargas and Lara Voronova,An unfamiliar woman's voice said: "[b]Doc[/b], I knew you would never condone anything like this. I just knew it. You're too gentle of a soul. I don't think things will change with [b]Mutt[/b] at the helm. I've seen the way he looks at me. He looks me up and down like a piece of meat. Not like the way you look at me; kindly and lovingly." "I do love you, [b]Sally[/b]," said [b]Doc[/b]. "I thought I'd never find a woman who could make me feel the way you do." There was a brief pause. "I wish we had more time to be alone together, but we have to help [b]Hitch[/b] first. [b]Mutt[/b]'s probably with him in the next room. We'll talk more about this later, when we have some privacy." Their footsteps receded into the distance as they walked into the guard room.
Alicia waited until the sounds ceased. Then she spit on both of her hands and lay across the width of the cell. Pressing the soles of her feet against one wall and the palms of her hands against the other, she tried to walk her way up but couldn't get anywhere yet.
OOC,That's okay. I was in the middle of updating again anyway. Roll Listen to see if you can hear what's going on in the next room.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

Raquel listened intently to her friend's progress.

"Do not give up." she whispered more to herself than anyone.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
Alicia was able to hear every word in the other room, unlike Lara, who wasn't paying attention and just sat scrunched up with her arms around her legs and her face pressed against her knees.
Alicia Vargas and Raquel Orozco,In the guard room, both women heard [b]Sally[/b] say "Nice to meet you, [b]Katarina[/b]." After a pause, she spoke again. "[b]Hitch[/b] is a big guy. Can the two of you look to see if you can get a stretcher or something to carry old [b]Hitch[/b] here to the med lab? With my leg all broken up, I am not going to be able to help [b]Doc[/b] move him." "I wouldn't dream of making you carry him," said a skinhead. He was the same one who had passed through the cell block before [b]Doc[/b] and [b]Sally[/b] had arrived. "I'll help [b]Doc[/b] lug him down to the medical lab." "I'll go get something from the mess hall," said another skinhead with a similar-sounding voice. "I hope we be friends, [b]Sally[/b]," said [b]Katarina[/b]. "Okay, that's the best we can do here," said [b]Doc[/b]. "Once [b]Jeff[/b] gets back with the stretcher we can bring him down to the lab."
Alicia took a deep breath before trying once more to climb the walls. She was doing better this time, but she still slid back down.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

Raquel's felt the framiliar feeling of panic rise up again. She hoped that Alicia would not be heard she truelly did. She did not want to think of the consequences if she was discovered.

The more she listened to the conversation the more confused she became. It was only after a few moments that she realized that the one woman was Katrina. her stomach did a flip. Raquel could barely understand what they were saying. One thing was certain however, one had been called Sally. She continued listening.
Last edited by Pentadragon on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Raquel[/b] knows who [b]Katarina[/b] is - they have adjoining cells. The first time she saw [b]Sally[/b] was when she passed through the cell block, though. She doesn't recognize the one called [b]Doc[/b], either.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

OOC,My apologies, I fixed it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Don't worry about it, it's hard for me to keep all the information straight.
In the cell block-
Alicia Vargas and Raquel Orozco,The people in the guard room continued to speak. "Yes, I would like to get to know you as well, [b]Katarina[/b]," said [b]Sally[/b]. "It would be great to have another female to chat with while we all weather the storm down here." "Yes, I like that too," said [b]Katarina[/b]. "Is nice to meet you too, [b]Doc[/b]. You so handsome. How come you never visit me?" [b]Doc[/b] cleared his throat. "I, ah, didn't think it would be appropriate," he said. "Well, I would like for you to come see me sometime." She paused. "What wrong? You no think I'm beautiful?" "No, you're very beautiful, [b]Katarina[/b]. It's just that I'm spoken for." "Too bad. You ever change your mind, I be there." "Here we go," said the skinhead who had said he was going to the mess hall, evidently [b]Jeff[/b]. "[b]Doc[/b], give me a hand here."
Alicia cried, feeling completely helpless. For years she had worked as a lifeguard, watching out for others and occasionally rescuing them when they were in danger, but nothing could have prepared her for the situation in which she found herself. Now her best friend Raquel was counting on her to save her, and Alicia didn't know if she could do it. Still, she kept trying. Step by step, one hand or foot at a time, she walked herself up the wall. I'm doing it! she thought triumphantly. Soon she was near the ceiling, and the grating leading to the ventilation shaft was only inches away.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

Raquel's heart thumped in her chest now. The sounds of struggle had temporarily vanished in her friend's cell. She was not sure whether this was a sign of success or of tragic failure. While still focusing on the people she tuned her ears to her friend. The suspense would kill her.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
Alicia looked at the grating above her. It was old and rusty, and it wouldn't take much force to dislodge it, but it would require her to take one of her limbs away from the wall, and it might make some noise. She took a deep breath and put all of her weight on her left foot, then quickly removed her right leg from the wall and jabbed at the grate with her knee. Unfortunately, she started to slip down and her knee came up short. She quickly pressed her leg back against the wall and managed to keep herself from falling. She paused and tried to calm herself down.
Alicia Vargas and Raquel Orozco,Both women could hear [b]Hitch[/b] groan in the other room. "Okay, let's get him to the lab," said [b]Doc[/b]. "I can come too?" asked [b]Katarina[/b]. "Sure," said one of the skinheads. "I'm always pleased with your company." Footsteps began to approach.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

"Alicia," she said through the wall, "Hush. They are coming."

She froze in her place, unable to look away.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
Alicia froze, paralyzed. Her breath caught in her throat as she lay suspended across the width of her cell just below the ceiling, her hands and feet all that kept her from falling.

Raquel peered through the tiny gap between her cell door and the frame.
Raquel Orozco,She saw [b]Doc[/b] walk backwards past her cell carrying one end of a small table. The table's legs were folded up beneath it, and [b]Hitch[/b] lay on top of it, his right leg obviously broken and his jaw bandaged. A big skinhead held the other end of the table, and behind him came [b]Sally[/b] and [b]Katarina[/b]. [b]Katarina[/b] held [b]Sally[/b]'s arm and helped her walk, as did the two mahogany canes [b]Sally[/b] used as crutches. [b]Katarina[/b] was wearing a gorgeous little black dress, one that [b]Raquel[/b] remembered seeing on one the costume racks in [b]Hitch[/b]'s movie studio. Bringing up the rear was another huge skinhead who looked much like the one carrying the table.
"So, Katarina," said Sally, "how long have you been down here with everyone? You seem to have an accent that I cannot place, where is it from?"

"I from Romania," said Katarina. "I been here several months. Up top at first, then I move down here. Where you from, Sally?"

"Wow, Romania is a very long ways off. Sounds exciting."

"Is beautiful country. Is funny, but I always thought America would be more exciting when I live in Romania."

"The rest of you go on ahead," said the skinhead at the back of the group that started walking through the hall outside, whose voice the women recognized as that of Jeff. "I'll stay up here and keep an eye on things."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Pentadragon, you haven't posted yet, but I've seen you logged in a few times. Since your character doesn't have much to do at the moment, I went ahead and moved things forward.
In the cell block-
Alicia's palms were getting sweaty, and she slipped down another inch, but she managed to hold on tight and keep from falling any further. She closed her eyes for a few seconds and tried to control her breathing, praying for everyone in the hall to go away quickly before she lost her grip.

"That's right, you said there was storm," said Katarina, her voice trailing off as she walked away. "They said there lots of tornadoes in these parts. Is that what happen?"

"Yeah, that's right," said the big skinhead who was helping to carry Hitch. "It's a tornado. Nothing to worry your pretty little head about, Katarina. We're all perfectly safe from it down here."

The footsteps receded into the distance, but there was still one pair walking around in the hall outside. "How are you ladies doing?" asked Jeff's voice. "Each of you say something so I know you're okay."
OOC,[b]Raquel[/b], roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

OOC,I apologize for the lack of posting here.
Raquel said as loud as she dared through the wall, "I'm sorry Alicia. Please try to hang in there, I know you can do it."

She listened intently.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No need to apologize! You've been posting at least once per day, which is far more often than required (and some players post far less frequently). You're not holding anything up, and like I said, your character hasn't had a whole lot to do. Hopefully that will change before too long.
Raquel could still hear Katarina's voice in the distance.
Raquel Orozco,"So, [b]Sally[/b], tell me about you," said [b]Katarina[/b]. "Where you from?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

Raquel continued listening. She prayed that Alicia would be able to get into the ventilation shaft. If worse came to worse and the skinheads suspected something was wrong, she would make as much noise as possible in an attempt to distract them and allow Alicia not to be caught.

She hoped in would not have to come to that.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
Raquel could barely hear Sally speaking in the next room as her voice trailed away.
Raquel Orozco,"I'm from these parts, actually, but I don't really call any place home just yet," said [b]Sally[/b]. "I'm a nurse and I've been traveling around for a while, working in various hospitals as I see the nation. I was coming back to this area to settle down when the tornadoes hit. I was lucky enough to meet up with these guys and they let me weather the storm down here." "I happy you here, [b]Sally[/b]," said [b]Katarina[/b]. "Is good to talk to you. You break leg in storm?"
Alicia replied to Raquel in Spanish. Though her muscles were getting sore, she held her place and strengthened her resolve.
Alicia Vargas and Raquel Orozco,"Thank you, [b]Raquel[/b]," said [b]Alicia[/b]. "I'm still hanging on."
"Lara, you in there?" asked Jeff.

"Nyet," Lara spat back.

Jeff chuckled. "That's what I love about you, Lara. Well, that and your smoking hot body." He turned around and walked back into the guard room.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
Alicia carefully inched her way back up to recover the height she had lost until she was once again within striking distance of the grating.

"Dammit!" shouted Jeff from the guard room. "Deadeye and Ghost, sorry to interrupt your dinner, but I need you in the guard room now!"

Once more Alicia precariously balanced herself using both arms and one leg and quickly slammed her knee at the grating, but she was just an inch short. She returned her foot to the wall and easily stayed in place. I can do it, she thought. One more try.
OOC,[b]Raquel[/b], roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
Alicia was too focused on trying to get the grating open to pay much attention, but Lara heard what was going on in the guard room.
Raquel Orozco and Lara Voronova,Both women heard running footsteps in the far distance that soon reached the guard room. "What's up, [b]Jeff[/b]?" asked a skinhead. "We've got a loose filly, [b]Ghost[/b]," replied [b]Jeff[/b]. "I had left [b]Zoe[/b] unconscious and tied up in the studio, but I just checked and she's gone. She couldn't have gotten far. I was only in the cell block for a couple minutes, but it's possible she slipped past into the hall you just came from. Could she have gotten past you?" "I reckon she might've," said another skinhead, this one with a Kentucky drawl. "We couldn't rightly see out the door from where we was sitting in the mess." "Understood, [b]Deadeye[/b]. She won't get out the exit. [b]Spike[/b]'s got that covered. So here's what we're going to do. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1963379/][b]Ghost[/b][/url], you're with me. We're going to search the studio and make sure she's not in there first. [b]Deadeye[/b], you wait for us in the guard room and keep an eye on the hall leading out. If you spot her, give a yell. Once we're done in the studio, the three of us will proceed toward the exit and search every room systematically. We'll get [b]Zoe[/b] back...and when we do, we're going to have some fun with her." Sickening laughs came from the skinheads. Two pairs of footsteps walked off. "Yoohoo, [b]Zoe[/b]," said [b]Jeff[/b] as his voice trailed away. "Come out, come out, wherever you are..."
Alicia launched another kick at the grating, This time her foot connected, and it dropped open, dangling from the ceiling from one side. Alicia was able to rapidly press her leg against the cell wall and held steady. Freedom was within her grasp!

"Jeff, I just heard a noise!" shouted a skinhead from the guard room who had a Kentucky accent. "It sounded like it came from Alicia's cell!"

"We'll check it out when we're done in the studio, Deadeye!" Jeff called back. "Alicia can wait. She ain't going nowhere!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”