IC-SWORD-Captive Hearts(Captives)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-SWORD-Captive Hearts(Captives)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 5:00 PM Mountain Time - Prairie Militia Society Compound
In the cell block-
Two rows of four small rooms, six by nine feet each, lined both sides of the hallway. The only exit from each small room, which apparently had originally been built for storage, was a metal door that was very sturdy and very locked. There were no windows or holes in the doors, so it was impossible to see out into the hall. The rooms were still used for storage, but now they stored women. Six of the eight cells were occupied, one woman in each cell. The only furniture was a stained mattress on the floor, and each cell's only other feature was a bucket that passed as a toilet. The cells were hellholes, and each prisoner had known only unbearable torment within them. All of the women wore lingerie, the only clothes their captors allowed them to have. When they had been locked in the cages on the surface, they had been left naked, and it had gotten very cold at night. At least there was heat in these underground cells, but in some ways being kept down here was even worse.

Today had started out like any other day, but soon it became evident that something was happening. There had been a lot of foot traffic in the hallway, but the women had no clue as to the cause of all the activity. Throughout the day there had been occasional mild earth tremors, the cause of which was unknown, but they had caused no damage. The last one had been just several minutes ago. It was a relief that none of the skinheads had taken them so far today, but they couldn't help but worry about what might be keeping them so busy - or what would happen when they no longer were. Hitch had brought them breakfast and lunch on schedule, and they ate better down here than they had up on the surface too, which wasn't saying much. Nobody knew exactly what time it was, but dinner would probably be soon. It was impossible to tell whether it was day or night down here, and meals were the only way to measure the passage of time.

The rearmost two cells on the right were currently vacant, but they had previously been occupied by Kerry Pierce and her friend Debbie. Both women had managed to escape a few days ago when one of their cells had been left unlocked. Whether they had managed to escape from the compound itself, or were still hiding, or were dead was a mystery. No further escape attempts had been possible since then, as the skinheads had stepped up security after that. Since then, nothing out of the ordinary had happened until today. In the second cell on the right, Zoe Gallagher paced restlessly back and forth like a caged tiger. In the cell next to hers was the beautiful Mexican lifeguard, Alicia Vargas, who lay on her mattress and sobbed quietly. It was possible for those in adjacent cells to hear and talk to each other through the walls, and if they raised their voices they could also talk to those on the other side of the hall. There was also the chance that their jailers could overhear them, so they needed to be careful what they said.

On the left side of the hall, across from Alicia's room, was her friend Raquel Orozco. Both women had come from Tijuana together, and both had been enslaved together. Raquel sat on her mattress, staring into space with her hands on her stomach and wishing she were anywhere else. In the next cell was Katarina Iliescu, a model from eastern Europe with unparalleled beauty. She lay on her back, gazing at the ceiling. The third cell on the left contained Russian student Lara Voronova. She sat huddled on her mattress, her knees pressed up against her chest and her arms wrapped around her folded legs. She rocked slowly back and forth, as if in a trance. The last cell on the left held Mei Ling, a singer from China, who was lying on her mattress and humming to herself.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Captive Hearts(Captives)

Post by Tabs »

Mei Ling
The tune on her mind was 'Free Bird', which was ironic considering her current plight, but it did help to block thought about Hörst Jägermeister and his cronies.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I made a mistake in the PM I sent you. [b]Horst[/b] does not have an umlaut over the O in his first name.
In the cell block-
Suddenly, there was another tremor, this one stronger than any of the earlier ones. It still wasn't enough to do any damage, but the cells did tremble a little. It seemed to be coming from some distance below.

Alicia sat bolt upright. "Que pasa?!" she cried.

"No sé," answered Raquel.

"Bozhemoi!" choked out Lara.
OOC,Roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mei Ling
The tremor put a halt to Mei's humming of Free Bird. She heard the others exclaim; Mei sat still and quiet wondering what was happening.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Mei Ling,[b]Mei Ling[/b] heard the sound of stone being broken up coming from below, in the same location that the tremor had seemed to strike. This was following by the sound of metal being torn apart. She also heard running footsteps in the distance, coming from this level.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mei Ling
It was beyond explanation but something awesome was happening. Mei Ling shifted the mattress to the door and crouched behind it for protection against God knows what. "Hey you girls," she called out, "be prepared, we may have a chance to get out this shit hole!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
Running footsteps got closer, and soon everyone could hear them in the hall outside the cells. "Get that thought out of your heads right now, girls," came the creepy, German-accented voice of Hitch. "Nobody is going anywhere."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mei Ling
Depression and fear combined at Hitch's words. She thought, "My big mouth spoke too soon. Damn them all to hell."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
Suddenly, there was a massive explosion from below, coming from the same place as the earlier sounds. The cell block shook a little, but there was no damage. Hitch's footsteps continued down the hall and past the cells. "Mutt, what's happening down there?" said his voice, receding into the distance.
OOC,Roll Listen again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mei Ling
She had been right, but what was going on? Mei listened.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
Mei Ling didn't hear anything at first, but then she heard Hitch returning, his footsteps slower this time.

"What's going on?" called Zoe.

"Don't worry your pretty little heads, darlings," he answered, jangling his keys. "Everything is under control now. It's getting close to dinnertime, ja? I have your food here, and one of you lucky girls is going to star in tonight's feature presentation. Who wants to be in the movie?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mei Ling
There was absolutely no way Mei would perform tonight but she - no, all the girls - had to escape; if she could entice Hitch to her cell and then execute a kick to the groin........ "Hey boy, I'm getting a taste for your flicks. Choose me!" She was angry, but hoped the pervert Hitch would take the bait.
Mr Handy,Tabs can't handle any erm unpleasantness; if the situation doesn't work out can any subsequent sexual scene fade to black? Gratuitous violence is okay though ;) .
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
"Ja, you're always a good performer," said Hitch. Mei Ling heard him walk up to her cell's door and then the rattling of his keys in the lock. The door opened to reveal Hitch standing on the other side. The ugly, shaven-headed pervert had on the same uniform he always did: khaki pants and a white tank top, with a backpack on his back. Attached to his utility belt were a holstered pistol, a taser, and the bullwhip he always carried. She shuddered at the memories of what he had done with them, hoping he'd never get the chance again. "This way, liebchen." He stepped aside and motioned for her to enter the hall.
Mei Ling,Yes, of course I'll fade to black if that happens, though gratuitous violence is far more likely. Even though the Fast Talk roll failed, [b]Hitch[/b] still went for it - he always appreciates volunteers. If you want to try to kick him now, make a Kick roll. The way Martial Arts works is that you use just one roll for your attack. If it is more than the appropriate unarmed attack skill - Fist/Punch, Kick, etc. - then you missed. If it is more than your Martial Arts skill, but less than or equal to your attack skill, then you do normal damage. If you get less than or equal to both, you roll double damage dice. In that case, both skills would get checked for potential improvement at the end of the chapter. Since you have 50% in Martial Arts and Kick (as well as Fist/Punch), any hit will also be a Martial Arts success. If your Kick roll succeeds, roll 2d6 for damage (Fist/Punch would do only 2d3). Keep in mind that [b]Hitch[/b] gets chances to parry and/or dodge your attack, so even if you succeed, you won't necessarily connect.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mei Ling
Steeling herself Mei then let fly with a kick. 性交!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
Hitch twisted aside, and Mei Ling's kick went wide. "You little bitch!" he snarled, pulling out the taser. He pressed a button on it, and a blue crackle of electricity jumped between the contacts. He shoved it into her chest, and she fell backwards onto the mattress, leaving her very stunned and in pain as the electricity coursed through her body. "No dinner for you tonight - and now thanks to you everyone else is going to have to wait a while. You've been a very bad girl, and I'll be back to punish you later." With that, he slammed and locked her cell door.

Hitch walked down the hall a short distance and stopped outside another cell, which he unlocked. "Get up, Katarina, my love," he said. "You're going to be a star tonight. The camera loves you." Meekly, the girl stood and exited her cell, which he locked behind her. "See, you know how to behave. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. You have always been my favorite." He locked the cell door and put an arm around Katarina's waist, guiding her up the hall and into the guard room.
OOC,[b]Katarina[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Her player, if there ever is one, will stop reading the current thread at this point. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Horror Movie

"Mei Ling, are you okay?" called Zoe. Mei Ling lay on her mattress, slowly recovering from the shock, but she was still unable to speak or move. "That's it, I'm getting out of this cage and I'm going to save Katarina from that sicko." She took out the little pieces of plastic she had broken off from the plastic forks that had been included with previous meals and began to tinker with her cell door's lock. She had it open in short order. "Got it!" She peeked out carefully into the hallway, which was deserted, and stepped out. "I'll be back real soon, ladies. Once I get those keys off of Hitch, I can let you all out."

Mei Ling finally had control of her muscles back and was able to function once again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'm not sure if it was clear, but [b]Mei Ling[/b] is no longer stunned and is free to act now. I compressed all four rounds into a single post.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mei Ling
Her failure was a bitter pill, it only increased her hatred for everyone in the PMS. Zoe had managed to get out of her cell with a plastic fork, intelligence and not physical force was the answer; however she would love to get hold of a gun.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
"Zoe, wait!" called Lara Voronova. "Don't go alone! Please, get me out first. I help!"

"I'm sorry, Lara, there's no time," said Zoe, her feet already retreating up the hall. "I can't let him hurt Katarina again." Within seconds she was gone.
OOC,[b]Zoe Gallagher[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Her player, if there ever is one, should stop reading the current thread at this point and start reading the new thread at the linked post (but not the post above that). Everyone else remains in the current thread. [b]Mei Ling[/b], roll Idea.
Horror Movie
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mei Ling
Mei waited in the cell, longing for Zoe's return.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
As Mei Ling lay on her mattress, the springs squeaked. She realized that the mattress was in pretty bad shape, and it should be a simple matter to pry off one of the springs. The end of a spring could be used as a lockpick in a pinch.
Mei Ling,If you want to try this, make a Locksmith roll. Remember that your Locksmith skill is really 26%, as you have had some training in that area.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”