IC-SWORD-Captive Hearts(Captives)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Re: IC-SWORD-Captive Hearts(Captives)

Post by Tabs »

Mei Ling
Mei enters the studio.
Mr Handy,Her plan (subject to what she sees in the studio) will be to leave the door open, stand inside the studio with Hitch's body visible to herself and shoot anyone coming down the hallway; hopefully they will stop to check the body!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Mei Ling[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point, and don't read any posts in the new thread above the one pointed to by the link. All other characters remain in the current thread.
Horror Movie

In the cell block-
Raquel Orozco gasped and hugged herself. "Oh, no!" she moaned. "Who get shot?"

Alicia Vargas didn't speak. All that came from her cell was sobbing.

"No..." croaked Lara Voronova.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
The women in the cells could only listen in horror as another pistol shot rang out, followed by the crack of a rifle. Then they heard Katarina scream briefly before she wailed in despair.

"Someone dead," said Raquel, hanging her head.

"We're all dead..." mumbled Lara, rocking back and forth unsteadily.

Alicia just kept crying.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
There was silence for a minute, but it was broken by another rifle shot, making the captives wince.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
A second rifle shot rang out, followed by silence. Lara began to hyperventilate.

Footsteps approached from the rear of the facility, and a skinhead's voice spoke as he walked past the cells: "Calm down, girls. Everything is under control here. Just behave yourselves, and that won't have to happen to you."

"Por favor, let us out!" begged Raquel.

"We've told you before. If you stay cooperative, we'll let you go eventually. Just do as you're told and you'll be fine." The skinhead walked on and was soon gone.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
"Mein Gott, it hurts!" cried Hitch from the guard room. "My leg! That bitch!"

Alicia forced out a laugh between her sobs, but Raquel frowned. "I wish he was muerto," she muttered.

Lara just shook at the sound of her tormentor's furious voice.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Pentadragon »

OOC,Ah, I think I did something wrong. My apologies. I mistakenly typed 100 instead of 1d100. The old link to the roll is below just in case. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1933176/
Raquel Orozco sighed and repostioned herself so she could sit cross legged on the mattress. With a swift and fluid motion she brushed the hair out of her eyes in an attempt to think of some way of escape. Anywhere on earth was better than this hellhole she decided as her hands absent mindedly rubbed her stomach once more. She had given up long ago on the false promises of her keepers. She now desperately treid to think of a plan.

"Alicia!" she said to her friend in the other cell in Spanish, "Do you have any ideas on how to escape.
Last edited by Pentadragon on Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Raquel Orozco,There's no need to make a language roll in this case. Spanish is both your and [b]Alicia[/b]'s native language, so go ahead and say what you want to her - just mention in the narrative that you're speaking Spanish, as English will be assumed if you don't specify a language.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

OOC,Ah, thank you for that.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No problem. Communicating in languages other than your native one doesn't usually require a roll either, as long as you keep it simple. Saying a lot of things quickly or trying to explain or understand complex concepts would require a roll, however, as would reading a book written in another language. [b]Raquel[/b], feel free to make an Idea roll yourself as you consider possible ways to escape. Just roll 1d100 and try to get less than or equal to your Idea score, which is 60. I'll post [b]Alicia[/b]'s reply after the other active PC in Sword has acted.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
Alicia stared at the ceiling as she lay on her back weeping, but she was too distraught to think of anything. "No sé," she choked out.

Raquel looked around her small cell for any possible way out of her plight. Trying to make a move while there were still skinheads nearby would be risky, so it might pay to wait until they left. The door was made of metal and locked, and she had no idea how to pick a lock. It would only open when the guards opened it to bring her dinner - or to try to have her for dessert. Trying to fight even one of them alone would be very dangerous and unlikely to succeed, as Mei Ling had illustrated earlier during her first failed attempt to escape.

Then she chanced to look up and saw the ventilation grate in the ceiling. It was ten feet above her head and would be an extremely tight squeeze even if she could get up there. Alicia would probably be better able to make it. It might be possible to climb up by stretching herself across the width of the cell, keeping her hands pressed against one wall and her feet against the other, then walking herself up to the ceiling. The mattress would probably break her fall if she lost her footing and she wasn't too far up when it happened. Getting the grate open would require a little force and one free hand or foot, and there was a risk of falling when trying that. Again, Alicia was more athletic and would be better at it.
Raquel Orozco,What [b]Alicia[/b] said is Spanish for "I don't know." Roll Listen, trying to get less than or equal to your score on 1d100. If you want to attempt the climb now yourself, make a Climb roll. The base skill level is 40% since it's not listed on your character sheet. Failure will not cause injury unless it's a critical failure - 96 or higher. Even then, you'd get a Jump roll to try to avoid the damage. The base level for Jump is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

Raquel paused for a moment as she considered her options. She called to Alicia again and crossed her fingers.

"Alicia, do you have a ventilation shaft in your cell?" she said in spanish, "If so, can you crawl into it? You might be able to escape through it."

While the ventilation shaft was a viable option for her, she worried about some affects in may have later on. She looked down at herself. She would be happier if she could think of another means of escape. There was also he problem of getting stuck in there or accidentally alerting the guards if she fell.

If they noticed her failure then they would be sure to check the other cells and it may doom Alicia if she had a shaft in her cell as well. Raquel sat back onto her bed with a sigh. She needed to think of another way to escape.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
Alicia blinked away her tears as she stared at the ceiling of her cell, then replied to Raquel in Spanish.
Alicia Vargas and Raquel Orozco,"Yes," said [b]Alicia[/b] in Spanish. "I see one in the ceiling, but I don't know if I should try. It might be dangerous."
Raquel heard nothing nearby. Her surroundings seemed completely quiet. As she thought, she considered possible ways out of her cell, and she could only come up with two: the locked door and the ventilation shaft. However, if Alicia could climb into the shaft above her own cell, it had to connect to the one above Raquel's. It would be a lot easier for Raquel - and Lara for that matter - to climb up into the shaft if Alicia were to open the gratings from the inside and then help them up.
OOC,[b]Raquel[/b], roll Fast Talk if you want to try to convince [b]Alicia[/b] to try the climb.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

"Alicia..." she said but she could think of no way to convince her.

Raquel stood up and began to pace in her cell.

"Please think about it." she finally said in Spanish
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
Alicia sniffled and then continued speaking in Spanish.
Alicia Vargas and Raquel Orozco,"I'm sorry, [b]Raquel[/b]," she said, gazing at the grating above her. "I want to, but I'm scared. I don't want to die."
"Shh!" hissed Lara. "I hear someone coming."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

OOC,Can we please assume that unless stated otherwise that Raquel is speaking Spanish. I find it rather annoying to have to type "in Spanish" at at the end of all the dialouge.

"Alicia," she said as quickly and as quietly as she could while still allowing her friend to hear her, "I know you are frightened... and I am too."

She took a gulp for air and gave a nervous giggle. She desperately hoped that whoever was coming would not hear her mutterings through the cell. Panic would soon absorb her.

"You may be our only hope of escape and we all need you." she felt dizzy "please, please try, once the guard leaves. Please. I beg you."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, of course. I would have assumed you were continuing in Spanish anyway while speaking with [b]Alicia[/b], since that's how you started talking. If [b]Lara[/b] is ever played by someone, her player will have to pretend not to know the contents of the conversation. The Fast Talk works, and I'll let you know what happens next once I get a post for another player in a different thread.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
Alicia whispered a few words back in Spanish.
Alicia Vargas and Raquel Orozco,"Okay," [b]Alicia[/b] whispered. "I will try, [b]Raquel[/b]."
Alicia stood up and took a few deep breaths, trying to gather her courage. A few seconds later, there were footsteps in the hall outside the cells. "Hitch should be right through here," said an unfamiliar male voice.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Pentadragon
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Pentadragon »

Raquel felt her heart flutter in her chest. She moved from her place and toward the cell door, in an attempt to see who was there.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cell block-
Though the door was solid metal, Raquel was able to peek through the narrow gap between the door and the frame.
Raquel Orozco,[b]Raquel[/b] saw two people moving through the hall outside the cells coming from the back of the hall and moving toward the guard room. One of them was a skinhead, but he didn't look familiar and he wore blue scrubs instead of the usual outfits that were the closest thing the PMS had to uniforms. He had a 9mm pistol in a holster on his belt. The other was a woman, one that she had never seen before. She was stunningly beautiful with blonde, shoulder-length hair, and she wore a pair of khaki shorts like the skinheads wore with a short-sleeved top from a set of scrubs. She also had a broken left leg in a cast, and she was using a pair of mahogany canes as crutches. She wore a utility belt with a pair of .45 automatics, one on each hip. [b]Raquel[/b] had never seen or heard of any female members of the PMS, though if there were any they'd have no reason to visit her cell. She did have a full head of hair, unlike the men.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”