IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

beertender
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Re: IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

Post by beertender »

***Richard took the beer and a small smile crossed his face***

"Its amazing how you can miss the simpler things in life"

***He clanked bottle with Vic and took a swig***
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus smiled at Kyle, "Yeah, got my aggressions out on something. Boss said I can't get a raise." With this last statement, he shot a glance at Ho really quick, then looked back to Kyle. "Let's get this ladder down the hole and let the others know we're done with the renovations. I want to take a better look at the back door, anyway... just to make sure we've done all we can to prevent those things from breaking it down."
Mr. Handy,Do we only have one ladder? If we have another, I would bring it up to the roof so we could have one handy in the event we needed to climb down to the streets rather than have to move the ladder we have going down into the store.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, there's only one ladder. [b]Ho Nguyen[/b] is cheap that way. ;)
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by ryansommer »

Emily scanned the area for trouble again, before tuning to Lauren: "Are you hungry, sweetie? I think we have a few things in the sack we brought up to eat."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
"Yeah, we brought up some food," said Kyle, easily lifting up the ladder and carrying it over to the hole. "We did eat dinner during the ride here, but we can always eat more. This is hungry work." He placed the ladder in the hole, leaning it against the edge. "All done!"

Peering out into the growing darkness, Emily could not see anything moving out there.
OOC,One person may climb down the ladder and into the storeroom each round. Each of you on the roof may also roll Spot Hidden if you look around, but remember that your effective skill is halved due to the twilight conditions. The base skill of 25% is therefore reduced to 12.5%, so you'd need a 12 or less to succeed in that case. If you climb down the ladder, you cannot also look around.
In the store-
Helen did not notice Victor swiping the beer, as she was busy looking over the barricade. "Okay, looks good," she said, rubbing her hands.

"Great!" said Cynthia, smiling at Kathryn. "So, what do we do now?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"You're right, Kyle. We should save our food. Who knows how long until we'll be able to resupply."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Victor smiled secretly at Rich and said, "Maybe me and Rich will go up and spell some of the roof watchers." He headed for the storeroom where the hole had been cut.
Mr Handy,Would Victor actually know where the hole was cut since he was in the front part of the store and if so can he climb to the roof this round?
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, you know where the hole is because you heard the banging and could tell where it was coming from. You cannot climb the ladder this round, but you can at least get into the storeroom.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor headed into the storeroom and called up the hole, "Hey I will be coming up to spill anyone who wants it."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,What does that mean? Spill us? Spell us? Either way, I'm not sure what you're saying. Sorry.
Marcus climbs down the ladder and says to those up top, "I'll let the others know how they can get up then check out the back door."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Imp,It means I will come up and take over giving people a break if they want. It is an old millitary term
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,must be an old British military term. Cuz, I'm kinda old, and used to be in the U.S. Army, but never heard of it. Thanks for explaining it to me though. Now I'm curious though and will have to go look up the origin of the phrase.
Once at the bottom, Marcus smiles to Victor, "It's all yours. I wasn't really keepin' watch... but it couldn't hurt to have some extra eyes up there cuz its so dark. Wish we had some of them night-vision goggles they use in the military."
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by Iam477 »

Lauren cocked her head at Kyle. " Hi Kyle. How are things going down below?" She felt chilly as the sun started disappearing but she felt safer on the rooftop.
A coward is one who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs.
-Ambrose Bierce
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

(Victor will climb at the next major update)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I haven't had a post for [b]Ho Nguyen[/b] in quite a while, so I rolled Spot Hidden for him and temporarily took him over as an NPC.
On the roof-
Kyle smiled at Lauren. "Things are going great downstairs!" he said. "They painted over the front windows, but they taped these cards on them first so they can still see out. Then we moved a whole bunch of shelves in front of the windows to block them. Everyone else had to move them in twos and threes, but I moved a row of shelves all by myself! Kathryn made a new friend, a girl named Cynthia." He saw Lauren shiver and picked up a blanket, offering it to her. "Here you go, Lauren." He was so distracted that he didn't even think to look around.

Ho Nguyen peered off into the darkness and gasped when he saw something in the distance to the north. "I see someone running this way - fast! He about a few hundred yards off."
OOC,Everyone currently on the roof may attempt a Spot Hidden roll at half skill. Those who have not yet arrived may not.
In the storeroom-
Marcus started walking across the storeroom as Victor reached the base of the ladder.
OOC,[b]Marcus[/b] may check out the back door now. [b]Victor[/b] may climb up to the roof this round.
In the store-
Cynthia grinned at Richard, putting a hand on his arm. "I guess we can finally relax," she said. "We should be safe for the night now."

"This must be some strange new definition of the word 'safe' I've never heard before," said Helen, popping her gum.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor called from the storeroom, "Hey Richard why don't you and Cynthia come up to help guard as well?" He then climbed the ladder to the roof.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Hearing Mr Ho mention the person running towards the store, Emily, slightly worried, scanned the area herself.
"We should warn the others downstairs." She said.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus heads to the back door and studies it carefully, opening it to check the strength and quality of the hinges and lock and door. He looks outside for the dumpster wondering how hard it would be to move it into position in front of the back door.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Having hauled the shelf, Kat backs away from the shelves and looks for errors in the frame work. "That should make it harder to cross..." She looks at Cynthia and says, "Let´s step away from the windows, we´d better hold up further in to the store."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by Iam477 »

Lauren clutched at Kyles hand and squeezed. She looked out trying as hard as she could to make out what the store owner saw. She couldn't see much of anything however.
A coward is one who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs.
-Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”