IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus watched and felt his heart drop into his stomach as the ladder slipped out of reach. It seemed like slow motion as he brushed the ladder with his fingertips just out of grasping reach. "No! Damn it, I lost the ladder!" he said watching it fall to the ground with a clatter.

Then he started hearing gunfire and turned his head to see what was going on. He watched Duncan shoot Richard in the head, and stood up, grasping his sledge hammer with both hands, and stepping slightly more to Duncan's peripheral so as not to be so easily noticed. He knew the man could probably get another round off before the sledge hammer would connect, so he wanted to try to strike with full surprise. He swung his slightly upward from a level angle to the roof top in hopes of picking the man up and throwing him off to the parking area below.
swingin,I'll wait to see what happens from all the firefight before rolling.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Kouchpotato has already taken over [b]Ho Nguyen[/b], though he'll have to wait until the second half of the round to act. First I need to wait for [b]Emily[/b] to say whether she's going to shoot at anything or not. Once that's done, then I'll update with what happens at the start of the second half of the round. Mr Zombie killer, I'm sure you've lost less than ten characters, though it has been a lot. There were [b]Buddy[/b], [b]Airman Lewis[/b], [b]Sergeant McCain[/b], [b]Jim Kerr[/b], [b]Alice[/b], [b]Airman Sheen[/b], [b]Kerry[/b], and [b]Julio Alvarez[/b]. That's eight in all. On the bright side, you've had no character deaths so far this chapter, and [b]Colin Lewis[/b] is still barely clinging onto his last Sanity point.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Tactics, Handy:
Spoiler:
Kat will, if Alfredo keeps his wits and plays nicely, offer him one of her belts to help Joey stop the bleeding. Seeing Richard´s brains get shot out, the fact that he got wasted, pretty much doesn´t bother her. What troubles her is that he won´t stay dead. She takes the steps required to point her pistol at poor Richard´s damaged head. She´s seen zombies walking with half heads, this might not be different... "You better stay dead, or I´ll make sure you die twice. Cover this pile of flesh and stop shooting at each other!"

If he doesn´t listen, she shoots him in the foot as stated previously. Then she holds up her left hand to stop him from shooting her in return, and aims at the fallen dead pile of brains that remains of Richard. Here she tosses the belt to Alfredo and urges him to tighten it around his ankle to stop the bleeding.

OOC: Scuse the dual paths of actions, just want to make my intentions clear. Might be time wasted as the bullets will start flying in all directions :o
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Thanks for reminding me about that! [b]Kathryn[/b] didn't need to roll Sanity in this case, as she didn't know [b]Richard[/b] well, but [b]Victor[/b] and [b]Cynthia[/b] both need to make Sanity rolls for seeing their friend shot to death. Sanity loss is 0/1d6.
Kathryn McCoy,That's getting a little ahead of things, but thanks for the advance notice. [b]Richard[/b] took that last bullet in the head for 10 damage, so he won't be getting back up no matter what. When the time comes, you can put another bullet in his head just in case, but that won't be this round unless you want to take a big chance of missing. You can move over there in the second half of this round, but you'd have to wait until next round to fire at point blank range. Other things may happen between now and then that could change the situation.
Emily Montrose,For now [b]Lauren[/b] is not considered to be in immediate danger in terms of the +20 attack bonus, but if bullets start flying again at people on the roof she will be, even though there's currently no direct threat to her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

OOC,what happened to Richard's gun when he died? Can I pick it up this round?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Richard[/b]'s gun is still in his cold, dead hand. [b]Ho[/b] is at the rear of the roof, but the gun is in the middle of the roof. It will take you the entire round to move to the middle of the roof. Only [b]Emily[/b] and [b]Joey[/b] are currently near enough to the gun to pick it up. You do have your own pistol, remember, in addition to the rifle. It's not in your hand, but you can shoulder your rifle and draw the pistol, which will let you fire it in the second half of the round.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Handy,I was not complaning, I was quickly adding up and messed the count. I like this game and do not mind the constant deaths as long as they make sense and I do not lose all my characters in like one round.
Victor saw his friend go down killed by Duncan in no remorse. He cried out in anger. But he managed to keep his hatred down inside of him as always.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: I go to the beach for the weekend and I come back to this? What the hell?! :)

Emily ducks as gunfire erupts around her while she's attempting to help Hector. She quickly moves towards Lauren and Kyle, grabbing them in her arms and shielding them with her body.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Behind the store-
The zombie that had tackled Bruno crushed him to a pulp and began chewing on his corpse. The other zombie with the severe head wound staggered over to Harvey and lunged at him, but it came up short.

On the roof-
"What do you mean, get back up?" said Alfredo when Kathryn told him that the body posed a threat. "Look at the size of the hole in his noggin. He ain't going nowhere." Still, he trained his rifle on Richard's corpse as his blood leaked out and mingled freely with the rainwater. Beside it, Joey dropped onto his good knee.

Duncan lowered his .38 revolver now that his target had been neutralized. "Well, it's over," he said, turning to look below only to see Marcus about to swing the massive sledgehammer at him. "What the-" he cried as he stepped back and raised his gun again and snapped off a shot. He only had a split second to react, but his aim was good enough. The bullet creased the big man's left thigh.
OOC,We're now in the second half of the round. [b]Victor[/b], make your Grapple roll. The base skill is 25%. Since you need both hands free, you'll have to holster your revolver. [b]Kathryn[/b], you may take a shot, but the zombies are no longer visible from here, and it's a long range shot if you're shooting at [b]Duncan[/b], so your Handgun skill would be halved. Further, you'll have to roll Luck if you miss to avoid hitting [b]Marcus[/b]. [b]Cynthia[/b], I still need that Sanity roll. You are also free to act now if you don't go temporarily insane. You can target either zombie or [b]Duncan[/b]. The base skill with Shotgun is 30%, but the range is point blank for any of those targets, giving you a 60% chance. However, the same Luck roll applies to you if you miss [b]Duncan[/b]. You may shoot at a zombie's head at a -5 penalty, for a net chance of 55%. The zombie on [b]Bruno[/b] has taken 7 damage to the head, so any hit with the shotgun will kill it. The one attacking [b]Harvey[/b] has taken 3 to the head, so 7 more will finish it off. If you miss when shooting at that zombie, you'll need to roll Luck to avoid hitting [b]Harvey[/b]. [b]Marcus[/b], go ahead and make your Large Club attack, and if you hit, roll a hit location on 1d20 and 1d8+1d6 damage. [b]Ho[/b] and [b]Helen[/b], you are both also free to act and are at point blank range for the potential targets mentioned above. [b]Ho[/b], you cannot fire your rifle this round, but you may shoulder it and draw your pistol. However, you only get one shot this round. [b]Helen[/b], you may fire one barrel or fire both barrels together at a single target (in which case you need only one Shotgun roll), or you may fire first one barrel and then the other if needed (which will mean two separate Shotgun rolls, but if you aim at a zombie's head both would need to be at the same target). The same rule about Luck rolls for missing also applies to you two. [b]Cynthia[/b], [b]Ho[/b], and [b]Helen[/b] also have the option of attacking [b]Duncan[/b] hand-to-hand with no risk to [b]Marcus[/b]. A shotgun or rifle can be used as a Large Club (with a base skill of 25%, causing 1d8+db damage and capable of a knock-out attempt), or you may use an unarmed attack or other melee weapon. [b]Emily[/b], you're spending this round moving.
Cynthia Louise,Remember that you do have the mace that was mentioned in your secrets. You can go ahead and try to spray [b]Duncan[/b] by rolling DEX x 5. If you miss, roll Luck to keep from macing [b]Marcus[/b].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor holstered his pistol and said, "Hector slow down, you do not want to run off the roof." He tried to grab Hector but he missed him.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho Nguyen yells angrily at Duncan. You no touch my employee! He slung his rifle, pulled out his handgun and fired a single shot, hitting Duncan, wounding him.
OOC,I'd rather not get into combat with people with guns, but Mr. Ho doesn't seem like the kind of guy to tolerate people shooting his employees. Handy, I don't know what the hit locations are, but I did role. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2184909/]Rolled a 10[/url] Hope it's a headshot =D
Last edited by kouchpotato on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That's a chest hit, and [b]Duncan[/b] is still standing.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OCC: Hell. In a handbasket!
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"You´re probably right..." She says quietly. "Listen to Ho, everybody! Focus on the outer threat. Alfredo, your mates are being eaten down there." She points at the edge of the roof." Seeing the fight where Marcus and Duncan get slugged, she hopes the great hammer connects and defuses the situation. The arch looks promising. "Joey, you need a belt to stop the bleeding?!"
Kat holds her fire and starts moving toward the rear of the roof. Not being able to control all the events on the roof, Kat decides to keep it within manageable proportions.
Duncan could burn in hell whatever she cared. He was just another Gardner... Richard had himself to blame. Marcus is capable of managing the immediate threat with the help of Ho. The three remaining others, Alfredo and Joey, would see the sense in staying neutral to Duncan´s demise. Hector had lost it and was being wrestled down. The power in numbers works to the shop defenders advantage.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Shenanigans,Hardly fair, Mr. Handy. You give the NPCs the ability to back down from attack, but you don't give me the same opportunity when the situation is disarmed? Tsk tsk tsk. Missed my attack. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2185433/]Large Club (45%) (1d100=99)[/url]
Marcus' grip was loosened by the wet handle and the fact that he was just suddenly shot in the thigh.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Seeing the hammer is about to slip from Marcus´grip, Kat prepares to adjust her movement path to get closer to the gargantuan friend.
TVblog

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Marcus[/b], if [b]Duncan[/b] hadn't seen you trying to smack him, you would have been able to check your swing and nothing would have happened. In fact, you still could have checked your swing after getting shot, but that might not have been the best move. He did get to shoot before you could decide to attack or hold back due to his higher DEX, and he reacted in a split second. I went ahead and rolled Sanity for [b]Cynthia[/b]. She passed.
On the roof-
The wet handle of the sledgehammer slid out of Marcus's grasp, and his mighty swing only served to send it sailing off the edge of the roof to crash onto the pavement below.

Joey retrieved his pistol and grabbed Richard's .357 Magnum revolver while kneeling. "Everyone hold your fire!" he called, pulling himself to his feet and taking care to keep both guns pointed downwards. "Nobody else needs to die!" He started to limp toward the back of the roof. Duncan lowered his pistol and backed off from Marcus, reeling from the wound in his lower chest. "We need to save Bruno and Harvey right now, not kill each other! All that was Richard's fault, and he paid for it. Thank you both for dealing with him, but the rest of these people are not our enemies."

Cynthia choked back tears at seeing Richard slain so suddenly, but she was made of tough stuff. Helen remained motionless, unsure of what to do.

"No problem, boss!" said Alfredo as he started to follow Kathryn. She soon reached Richard's body, but Joey was still ahead of her. "Hey, boss, wait up. You're still bleeding!"

Joey reached the edge of the roof and looked down. "Damn, too late for Bruno. Hang in there, Harv!"

Lauren wrapped her arms around her mother and cried into her shoulder. Kyle hugged them both in his huge arms. Hector broke free of Victor. He didn't run off the edge of the roof, but he did keep running in circles. "They're after us, man!" he cried. "They followed us here!"
OOC,Okay, it's a new round. As long as nobody is going to try to shoot anyone else, you may all act at will. Only those at the rear of the roof right now can shoot at the zombies. [b]Kathryn[/b] can get there this round, but she can't also fire. [b]Marcus[/b] doesn't have a gun ready, but he can draw one and take a shot at a zombie's head. However, that won't happen until the second half of the ronud, after [b]Harvey[/b] is attacked again. [b]Ho[/b], you may fire twice with your pistol at the zombies, but if you aim for the head it won't happen until after one of the zombies attacks [b]Harvey[/b]. [b]Cynthia[/b] and [b]Helen[/b] are also able to shoot at zombies. The same rules apply for shooting at them as did last round. They are at point blank range, but you must roll Luck if you miss the one attacking [b]Harvey[/b] to keep from hitting him by mistake. That one needs 3 damage to the head to finish off. The one eating [b]Bruno[/b]'s corpse needs 7 damage to the head to kill. It doesn't matter if you miss that one. [b]Emily[/b] can't use Psychoanalysis on [b]Hector[/b] again, as she already tried and failed. If she makes her way to the back of the roof, she can try it on [b]Harvey[/b], but it'll take her a couple of rounds to get there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily has no concern for Harvey or his mental condition. She continued to hug Kyle and Lauren
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Getting closer to Duncan and Marcus and the rear of the roof, Kat moves hastily to be able to clear the ground of walkers during the next few minutes. She gathers there´s no point in actually attempting to save Harvey... But the effort of trying will at least show good faith with the newcomers. Judging from the serious wound Duncan has suffered, Kat will be surprised if he keeps conscious very much longer...
TVblog

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor again tried to grab Hector but again he slipped out of his grasp.

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”