IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
"Okay!" said Kyle. "I'll go down now and get something. Lauren and Mr. Ho both have rifles too." He returned to the ladder and climbed back down to the parking lot.

Emily surveyed the store's surroundings. The terrain was flat and open, so it would normally be possible to see threats coming a mile away. However, it was already starting to get dark, which would soon limit visiblity. The store was surrounded by lampposts which provided some light, but only about thirty yards out. The area looked deserted, with no other buildings close to the store.
OOC,[b]Emily[/b], roll Spot Hidden. The base skill is 25%.
Outside the store-
"Thanks!" Cynthia called up to Ho Nguyen. "I'll go in and let them know!" She rushed back inside as Kyle reached the base of the ladder.

In the store-
"Good news, guys!" said Cynthia as she breezed inside. "The old guy said we can move the shelves and knock a hole in the roof. Kyle's on his way to get something. I can take over painting for someone, since I'm not too good at moving heavy stuff." She glanced over at Kathryn. "Wanna help?"

Marcus, with Helen's help, had already painted about one fifth of the front windows so far, and Victor had finished taping up the cards.
OOC,If you want to move a set of shelves to block the windows off, roll STR x 3, as they are very heavy. Two or more of you may work together, in which case you get to roll against the total of your STR scores. It is also possible to move more than one row of shelves at a time if you split into teams. [b]Helen[/b] will be available to help too if [b]Kathryn[/b] takes over painting. Failing the STR roll means you don't make any progress, but you'd be able to try again next round. If you succeed, then you'll start moving it. It will take about five minutes to get each row of shelves into place with a successful roll, but you won't have to roll again for that particular row. Very good successes will shorten the amount of time required. It will take four rows of shelves to block the windows off completely.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

"Yo Richard, can you help me move this section of shelves?"
Mr handy,Since Richard is a NPC I will need to know his and Vic's STR x 3 score to be able to roll
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Victor Gonzalez,[b]Richard[/b] is a PC, played by beertender. All STR scores are listed in the Character Sheets thread. [b]Richard[/b] has STR 10, and [b]Victor[/b] has STR 12. If [b]Richard[/b] agrees to help, his player should make the roll. If he posts without rolling, you can roll. If he doesn't post at all by the time I update, I'll roll. [b]Helen[/b] has STR 10, and she'll be willing to help too if [b]Kathryn[/b] takes over painting. With all three of you moving it, that gives you a 96% chance.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: I am traveling today and will not be able to link a roll until tonight as I am posting with my phone now. Handy, you are welcome to roll spot for me.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Sure!", Kat stared painting the bits covering the windows.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Emily looked carefully around while the fading daylight lasted. There was no sign of movement in any direction within about a mile of the store. That didn't mean nothing was out there, but at least they had time to prepare.

In the store-
"Thanks!" said Cynthia, handing Kathryn a brush. "I'm glad you and your friends showed up. It's good to meet other women besides Helen. Too much testosterone isn't good, you know. Geez, what happened to your arm?"

Helen went over to the shelves to help Victor move one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"I got hurt in an explosion down at a farm, rooting out some low life! He got what he deserved." Kathryn commenced painting. The 9mm was holstered haphazardly between her two belts. The shotgun wagged back and forth in the string across her shoulder.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus says, "Ya'll make sure to wait til the windows are painted before ya go and cover it." Then he heads back to find the sledgehammer for the roof work.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

MR Handy,Since Helen is a NPC what is her and Vic's combined STR x 3 roll?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Victor Gonzalez,As I said, [b]Victor[/b] has STR 12 and [b]Helen[/b] has STR 10. This adds up to 22, which is 66 when multiplied by 3. I'll wait until Monday to give beertender a chance to post for [b]Richard[/b]. If he doesn't post by then, you may assume he helps and roll. He has STR 10, which when added to yours and [b]Helen[/b]'s gives a total of 32. This is 96 when multiplied by 3. Note that everyone who helps will have to continue to help for however long it takes. If someone breaks off and does something else, you can either wait until the person returns or make a new roll against the reduced STR x 3 total.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
beertender
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by beertender »

***Richard nods to Vic and helps him***
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Spoiler:
let me know if and when I can make another spot check
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by Iam477 »

Lauren relaxed a bit with the knowledge that they would be safe up on the roof. "Thank you Mr. Ho." She looked out across the area then clutched the rifle thinking about what happened to her father.
A coward is one who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs.
-Ambrose Bierce
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Ho Nguyen, Emily Montrose, and her daughter Lauren remained on the roof, looking around. So far everything was quiet. The twilight sky was starting to get a little darker, though for now there was still enough light to see.
OOC,Each of you may make one Spot Hidden roll after each major update. For now you get to use your full skill, but as time passes there will be penalties. Once it starts getting darker, your skill will be halved. Eventually it will get so dark that the penalty will get so bad that you'll have little chance of being able to see at all beyond the range of the light from the lampposts. The effective range of your vision will also decrease. Don't forget that [b]Emily[/b] has a -5 penalty to all her Spot Hidden rolls due to her helmet. This penalty will be applied after your skill is divided when it's time for that.
Outside the store-
Kyle hurried inside.

In the store-
Marcus headed off through the door at the rear to go find a sledgehammer. Cynthia and Kathryn continued to paint, and they were now more than halfway done.

"Wow," said Cynthia to Kathryn, obviously impressed. "I hope it gets better soon. It doesn't seem to stop you from painting. You work that brush like a pro!"

Kathryn did in fact feel at ease with a brush in her hand, though she much prefered painting something artistic rather than tedious but necessary work.

"I came to get something to knock a hole in the roof," said Kyle.

"Marcus is grabbing a sledgehammer from the back room," said Helen as she helped Richard and Victor move one of the rows of shelves toward the front windows. "If you want, you can try pushing another of these shelves to block the front windows while you wait for him."
OOC,It will take two more minutes to finish painting the front windows, and it will also take only two more minutes to finish moving the first row of shelves up to them. You'll move them in front of one of the windows that has already been completely blackened, at one corner of the store. The index cards are high enough that the shelves won't block you from seeing out of them, but you will need to climb up in order to do so once the shelves are all in place.
In the storeroom-
Marcus made his way to the back room once again and quickly found the sledge. He hefted it in his mighty arms.
OOC,The sledgehammer also counts as a large club and does 1d8+db damage when used in combat.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily takes off the cumbersome helmet and scans the area for trouble.
As she scans the area, she asks Mr. Ho: "Are their flashlights in the store? We should probably get all the light sources we can in the event that the power goes out or something."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Ooooh, I feel like Mark Henry!
Marcus returns from the storage room, sledge hammer resting on his shoulder and heads for the door outside to go up the ladder and to the roof.
Iam477
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by Iam477 »

While waiting for the hole to get knocked through the roof Lauren decided to <look out and get a better bearing of her surroundings.
A coward is one who in a perilous emergency thinks with his legs.
-Ambrose Bierce
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

As Victor helped move the shelf he grunted and said to Helen, "So whats your problem with me anyway?"
Imported_Goods
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by Imported_Goods »

Ho Nguyen:

Ho looks over the surrounding area.
OOC question,Are there any flashlights in the store?

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”