IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Re: IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho Nguyen scowls. You shoot at my worker! When these crazy people dead you leave! He aims the pistol at the zombie attacking Harvey hitting it and blowing it's brains out.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Technically I was not attacking until after he attacked by the book, so how he could react to me attacking is sort of a technical foul. Regardless, the multiple shots rule is meant to be toward one target. Aiming at a second target should be a new round's action. At least, that's the way I'd play it. The reason the guns get so many attacks per round is because it is real simple to pull a trigger in rapid succession. But moving and aiming is time consuming. At any rate... if Duncan could stop his actions of firing upon one target in the middle of the round (when firing is done so rapidly), then a very slow action of swinging a sledge hammer should have been much easier to stop ... well before there was any threat of being shot. Not to mention, his second shot was called off, that means he would have lost the second attack, and any shots at Marcus should have been on the next round. Let's just say I disagree with the call and leave it at that. I think you're trying too hard to kill someone off just to keep the mortality rate up.
Marcus' hand went to his wound and he sneered at Duncan. He hobbled off to bind his wound and see if the bullet went all the way through. He would join in the shooting, but considering he had no rifle or pistol ... and he'd already thrown one sledge hammer to no effect, all he could do is cheer them on.

(Marcus moves to the center of the roof.)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

Emily looked up, towards Marcus and moved towards him. "Let me see what I can do bout that leg wound" she said with a smile.
OOC: Emily will do a first aid roll when she can act again.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Cynthia and Helen, grabbing their shotguns undecidedly, caught Kat´s attention. "Hey! Girls! Follow my six, we can need that power over at the edge!"

Handy:
Spoiler:
I´m switching character picture for Kat. Can you swap the pic for me?
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Duncan[/b] didn't give up his second attack. His first target was dead, so he turned to look for another one for his second shot. He was going to shoot at one of the zombies below (not aiming at the head, as there'd be no time for that), but he saw [b]Marcus[/b] with the hammer. [b]Marcus[/b] wasn't attacking yet, but he was clearly [i]about[/i] to attack in the next instant and [b]Duncan[/b] wasn't about to wait and see if he did. Combat is a fluid and chaotic situation, and a person's action doesn't take place instanteously on their DEX rank. In order to attack [b]Duncan[/b] on DEX 13, you would have needed to be moving into position and pulling back your hammer in the moments preceding your attack, so on DEX 14 he had a chance to see you getting ready to do it. If I were trying to kill [b]Marcus[/b] off, [b]Duncan[/b] would have kept firing at him this round. Also, I don't know how to tell you this, but [b]Marcus[/b] [i]does[/i] have a rifle: a Ruger Mini-14. It's listed on both his character sheet and the Locations and Weapons thread. He has had it all along, and in fact he fired it once a long time ago. If you want to change your action, you may unshoulder it and shoot at a zombie in the second half of the round. [b]Ho[/b] will kill the one that's attacking [b]Harvey[/b], but not until after it attacks again unless someone else takes it down first in the first half of the round. [b]Marcus[/b] may shoot at the one eating [b]Bruno[/b], and he may aim at the head too. The shot is point blank, and the -5 penalty is applied after doubling your skill, so you'll only miss on a malfunction. The rules don't specify that multiple shots must all be at the same target, so I've been allowing them to be directed at multiple targets. The exception is when using precision aim (which is needed to aim at a zombie's head). Technically, the rules for precision aim allow only one shot per round period, but Welsh allowed people to use multiple shots with it provided they're at the same target, and I've continued to allow that. I put the picture on [b]Kat[/b]'s character sheet. Nice one! Of course, the other one was great too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Laraqua »

Cynthia, still confused by the chaotic action around her, follow's Kat's lead and hurries over to her.

OOC: Can I shoot this turn?
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Regardless... Marcus should have had ample time to stop his attack, taking merely a split seccond to drop the hammer from an assault to passive stance, before Duncan even turned around and would have realizing that the situation was disarmed. Marcus was only attacking with my assumption that Duncan was blowing people away and the fight was continuing. It's not worth arguing over though ... obviously you do things different than I do. You're the boss. That's what I get for trying to speed things up. From now on, I simply will not post my actions until it is my turn. As for the rifle, I'm sorry, I didn't realize he was armed else I might have just shot Duncan. But Marcus had been moving stuff around and would have set his weapon down to do that. Perhaps his weapon is still in the store below. Makes more sense to me than having it suddenly appear in his hands.
Marcus smiled to Emily and nodded, "Thanks, ma'am." He found something to sit on and leaned back giving Emily access to his wounded drumstick.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Certainly, Marcus" Emily said with a smile. "Just try and relax. I'm not going to lie to you, this is going to hurt." Emily gave Marcus a wry smile and went to work. With the few tools she had, Emily was able to tend to Marcus' wounds and heal some of the damage done to him. "Not to bad for a head doctor, eh?" she said, smiling.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, [b]Cynthia[/b] and [b]Helen[/b] may both shoot. Once you do that, I'll update. I explained the situation before, but here it is again. The range is point blank for shooting at the zombies below, so double your skill. If you aim at the head, apply a -5 penalty after doubling. Since the base skill level for Shotgun is 30%, this gives you a 60% chance (55% when aiming at the head). [b]Helen[/b] has 110% effective skill (105% when aiming at the head). The zombie eating [b]Bruno[/b] has taken 3 damage to the head, so 7 more will finish it off. [b]Ho Nguyen[/b] will kill the zombie attacking [b]Harvey[/b] after it attacks him. If you want to shoot at it before that happens, you'll have no time to aim at the head. If you happen to hit the head, it takes only 3 more damage to kill it. It takes 43 damage in general to kill the zombie before it attacks (unlikely but possible). Also, if you miss the zombie, roll Luck to make sure you don't hit [b]Harvey[/b] by mistake. [b]Duncan[/b] turned his head [i]while he was speaking[/i], and he saw [b]Marcus[/b] there with the hammer. That's what the Spot Hidden roll was for. Ruleswise, [b]Duncan[/b] made his Spot Hidden roll and fired his second shot on his turn, which was right before [b]Marcus[/b] went. If [b]Marcus[/b] had changed his posture and stopped the attack in the instant before, [b]Duncan[/b] would have pulled the trigger [i]anyway[/i] because that's what he's like. My description of the events was designed to make the story more dramatic. You did assume incorrectly that [b]Duncan[/b] was going to kill everyone, not just [b]Richard[/b], which is one of the hazards of a chaotic combat situation. He saw you about to attack him before you realized your error, and he made his own assumption and acted on it instantly. I don't want you to be upset. I don't agree with all of your rulings either (for instance, I think it's absurd that Heather in Reboot could possibly miss a large bank of stationary and fragile monitors when swinging a large blunt instrument at them from right in front of them, let alone that her chance of missing is 45%). I can see now that what really has you upset is that you feel you've been penalized for announcing your action in advance, and you've got a point there. As it turns out, you didn't lose anything from the way events unfolded (except the hammer, which you can get back later - in the meantime, you could still use your rifle as a club if you really wanted to). [b]Emily[/b] just healed your wound completely, so you're back at full HP. Meanwhile, [b]Duncan[/b] has a sucking chest wound and [b]Ho[/b] has a good reason to be angry at him, and [b]Emily[/b] now has First Aid checked. I can still turn things back so that none of this ever happened. It's not too late to do that with a little editing. I'd say [b]Marcus[/b] still has his rifle. I seem to recall him slinging it on his back at some point. If you had tried to shoot [b]Duncan[/b] it would have been in the first half of the round, that 99 would have jammed it, and he would have seen you trying to do it and shot you with his second shot anyway.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Thanks Emily," Marcus says with a smile, but it falters when he sees Duncan and the others still shooting down to the ground below.
ooc,In Heather's case, the action is pretty automatic - but time is a factor. A failed roll simply indicates that she did not aim well enough with the extinguisher to strike the monitor on the breakable part. Figure most of these monitors are rather small, 4 to 5 inches. Missing the roll simply means you smashed the frame around the picture tube. I did make things easier though, allowing for a bonus and therefore better chance at breaking monitors so long as there were more of them unbroken. As you smashed one, the chance of smashing another lessened by 5% until you hit your base skill for club. I thought that was very fair. And for the record, I'm not upset... I just don't agree.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I did say I saw your point, and that I'm willing to edit the events that unfolded so that the combat ended after [b]Richard[/b] died. if that's what you want. If you do, please let me know within the next day or so. Once I get a post for [b]Cynthia[/b], I'll be ready to update again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Ooc: let's just move on.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I will, once I've given Laraqua a little more time to take [b]Cynthia[/b]'s shot. If she doesn't post by Sunday night, I'll go ahead without her and roll for her. I'll assume she wants to shoot at the head of the zombie eating [b]Bruno[/b] in that case, since she hasn't specified a target.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,yeah, let's push on. no need to retcon on my behalf.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Duncan fired at the ghoul attacking Harvey while clutching his wound with his free hand, hitting its arm. Joey also shot it, badly wounding it in the leg. The zombie tackled Harvey, but it failed to close its jaws on him.

Cynthia shot the zombie eating Bruno in the head, blowing it away. Then Ho's bullet finished off the other zombie. Harvey lay frozen in place on the ground below, pinned beneath the corpse. Alfredo and Kathryn jogged up to see that the threats had been dealt with. Duncan sat down on the roof, exhausted. "I'm not in any condition to go anywhere," he said weakly.

Joey nodded and sat down beside him, his own wound still leaking blood. "Mr. Nguyen, what happened was Richard's fault, and he won't be troubling anyone again. You have my word that he won't shoot at anyone but those crazies out there, unless someone else threatens us, for as long as I live. If some other idiot decides to waste me, I won't be in any position to do anything about it."

"You're gonna be okay, boss," said Alfredo. "Duncan can patch you both up."

Emily removed the bullet from Marcus's leg with ease and sewed up the wound, which was relatively minor. He was now as good as new. Kyle and Lauren caught up with her. "You okay, mister?" asked Kyle, his eyes wide.

Victor continued to chase Hector around the rooftop, but the bald man kept breaking away from him in his panic. "They're out there!" he shouted.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho Nguyen yells at Joey. No. You leave NOW. Before you come no one shooting each other like cowboys in Old West. You go! He takes out his rifle and reloads it.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat listens to the broken English of the shop keeper. Hold it boy... Thinking that this shop keeper was getting them in trouble they surely didn´t need. Keeping a look out the yard below, she hoped Ho would stick to barking out orders no one listened to. "Mr Ho, these guys aren´t stealing your till, that´s not the problem here. The others are.. down there..." To Alfredo she asks, "Are your friends down there dead?" She watches for movement from the fallen men. If they are bitten... they are infected, right?
She aims the 9mm at the fallen down below.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho Nguyen brandishes his rifle. You come here and cause trouble. I don't like troublemakers, bad for buisiness. Joey, you give Marcus Richard's gun. You have twenty minutes to get ready than you go.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Victor gave up chasing Hector and collapsed on the roof next to the body of Richard crying silently for his friend.
Handy,Did Victor ever roll sanity for the loss of Richard?
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, [b]Victor[/b] already rolled and lost 4 Sanity at the time.
On the roof-
"Harvey's okay, he's just scared," said Alfredo, peering over the roof's edge. "Bruno, though, yeah, I've seen enough dead guys to know he's toast. I didn't really know him well. He was just along for the ride."

"I'd like to remind you that I'm the victim here, Mr. Nguyen," said Joey. "It was Richard who started the trouble by shooting me - from behind, I might add. I never fired a shot at anyone else except those bastards out there. Alfredo and Duncan were protecting me when they shot Richard. Last I checked, a man has a right to defend himself. You might want to think again about telling us to leave. We're helping to defend this store. What do you think will happen if you don't have us around to protect you? Those guys that just attacked were the fast ones, but there weren't that many of them. Most of them are slowpokes, and there are a lot more of those. It's only a matter of time before they catch up."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”