IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Re: IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

Post by ryansommer »

"Mob guys don't scare me much. Jack, my husband, was an attourney for several mob guys in Chicago." Emily said matter of factly. "They are businessmen, although the tactics they use to ensure their business stays running are not always above the board."
"Even Alfredo 'the icepick' Bocelli over there does not scare me much. Sure, he killed several men, but he did it out of loyalty to the family. If Joey over there tells him to kill me or my kids, I have no doubt that he will, but it's not in Joey's best interest to do so."
"This leads us to Duncan "The Lincoln Slasher" Jergens. This sociopath does scare me and I don't think he has anyplace amongst us, or any humans for that matter. THis monster killed six women with a scalpel back in the '90's. Mr. Ho, this monster has no place amonst us here at the store."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"So, we have a stand off, here... Mind, you all, " Kat lowers her gun and levels it at Alfredo´s manhood. "...it suits no one´s best interest in killing anyone here at the roof. As Ho says, his place - his rules. And, if you or we kill anyone, the killed will come back and bite us in the ass, literary! The worst thing for you to do is to use deadly force. If we just can stay focused on the task at hand overnight we´ll settle whatever dilemma the two parties have, in the morning." Kat points the gun at the roof, releasing Alfredo from gunpoint. "We protect each other from a greater evil, OK?" She offers her hand to the hitman.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Richard shakes his head in disgust. You do realize the only reason they're here is to rob to store and get Victor and I go lead them to the money he stole, right? Why would they need any of us alive, there are more than enough of them to protect themselves. His finger tightens on the trigger slightly.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"We´re more dangerous to them dead than alive. I´ve seen this first hand..." she lifts her bad shoulder and looks at Alfredo, "Just show good faith and drop the gun. You don´t need the money, not at this stage whit zombies running around. And you have no dead ones to kill, yet. You´ll get it back when the need arises."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

"Richard put the gun away. Show some good faith. We will guide the mob to the money hidden in the Black Hills tommorow morning."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Richard shakes his head vehemently. Great idea, we can trust the mob boss, the hitman and the serial killer to not hurt us. If Joey drops his gun, maybe I'd be willing to talk. But I'm not going anywhere with these bastards.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Ladder Turmoil,FYI - the reason I figured there was no problem with Marcus pulling up the ladder was because you said specifically that anyone on the front of the store could hear the people below talking. Marcus was not included in that list, ergo, they must have been in the front of the store and not on the ladder. No matter, though. He would not try to take the ladder up so long as there were people waiting to climb up it. But if they remained on the opposite side of the store lolligagging, then that's another story... and no escaped prisoner is going to sway him of that decision.
Marcus sneered at Hector, then shrugged. "Didn't see nobody down there. But since they're comin' up ... let 'em, I say." The big man hefted up his sledge hammer and put it over his shoulder and awaited for the arguing to finish up.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The people in front of the store talking were [b]Victor[/b] and [b]Richard[/b], and that was a while ago. The new arrivals didn't stop until they reached the back of the store and gathered around the bottom of the ladder. The Listen roll I asked for earlier was to see if anyone at the back of the roof could hear people talking at the front ([b]Alfredo[/b], [b]Kathryn[/b], [b]Emily[/b], [b]Lauren[/b], and [b]Victor[/b] at that time.) By the way, [b]Marcus[/b], [b]Helen[/b], and [b]Cynthia[/b] may roll History now that they've heard the names. The base skill is 20%. Also, feel free to roll Psychology. The base skill is 5%.
On the roof-
Alfredo held his rifle above his head in one hand, and shook Kathryn's hand with the other. His grip was strong, but gentle. "Yes, we'll protect each other tonight," he said, "but I can't drop my rifle. You'll be glad I've got it when the cannibals show up."

"L-L-Lincoln Slasher?!" said Lauren, huddling behind her mother.

"You the one that commit fraud," Ho said to Richard. "Your friend is armed robber, the one you convince me to let stay. I guess you armed robber now too. You point gun at someone and try to take his. I never heard of 'Lincoln Slasher.'"

"I assure you, we're not here to rob the store," said Joey. "We're not going to hurt anyone who doesn't try anything first, and none of the men with me will harm any innocent person as long as I draw breath. Of course, if you murder me where I stand, I can't promise anything. Now, last I checked, when someone accused someone of engaging in criminal activity, they had to present some kind of evidence. You know, like pointing a gun at someone and threatening to kill him in front of witnesses." He stared at Richard.

"You not in position to make deal for me to kick out other guests, Victor," said Ho. "You leaving in morning anyway. As for your friend-" He pointed his rifle at Richard. "He breaking rules right now! Put down gun! No more warnings, mister!"

The handsome man smiled sheepishly at Helen and Cynthia. "Me, a serial killer?!" he said, laughing. "You ladies have nothing to worry about. I'm harmless. Well, mostly harmless."

Before the debate could continue, there was what sounded like a woman's scream from the base of the ladder, but it was actually Harvey. He was clearly unnerved, and he understood that he was staring death in the face. He stood stock still. The big guy with him shuddered, also shaken to the core and certain of his doom. He remained frozen in place, terrified. A single zombie had just entered the lit parking lot near the rear of the store and was heading towards the two men very quickly.
OOC,Everyone on the roof, roll Sanity. Sanity loss is 0/1d10. If you don't go insane, you have one round to shoot before the zombie arrives. You may shoot at the zombie's head, with a -5 penalty to hit. You can also shoot at one of your fellow humans, but that's likely to get very hairy and there won't be any time to aim at the head (unless you don't mind your target shooting first, which may happen anyway depending on DEX). If that happens, only roll one shot to start.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Richard remains calm and takes the shot hitting the zombie in the head and wounding it. He fires again but the round goes wide.
Mr. Handy,Since I'm firing over Joey's head, is there a chance the second shot "accidentally" hits him?
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

After all that she is been through today, Emily has no trouble holding it together.
Emily draws her pistol and looks in the direction of the incomming zombie: "Where there is one, there are sure to be others. Marcus, get ready to haul up that ladder ASAP if that thing gets close. Kyle, see if you can finish it off with your rifle. Everyone keep your eyes peeled for more." With that, Emily scanned the area around the front of the store for more zombies but was only able to see the impenetrable darkness surrounding them.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat leaves Alfredo hoping for him to show his worth and sincerity in the wake of the scream below. It was all too familiar and her strides fall with purpose. The zombie´s head is clear to see in the illuminated area below. She brings the 9mm at the target and presses the trigger. The round buries in the head making a slushing sound.
TVblog

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Well done, Kat." Emily said. "Everyone, keep your eyes peeled. And you two down there, time to hustle your asses up here."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

History Check - Failed,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2167810/]History (20%) (1d100=88)[/url]
Psychology Check - Failed,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2167811/]Psychology (5%) (1d100=98)[/url]
Sanity Check - Succeed @ < 10%,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2167812/]Sanity Check (40+10%) (1d100=3)[/url]
Marcus didn't know any of these fellas,but he figured most of them were bad news judging by how everyone else was reacting to them. Still, they didn't give no reason to act all hostile yet... so he kept his cool and watched the ladder after a quick affirmative nod to Emily. He shouted, "Get up here!" and encouraged the two at the bottom of the ladder to get moving by waving them up.

The sighting of another one of those crazies didn't concern Marcus any. He knew they'd be out there lurking... in fact, he was surprised they hadn't started showing up earlier what with all the commotion lately. He shined his flashlight back to where the zombie approached and sought the area beyond for more movement.
Spot Hidden Check - Succeeded,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2167820/]Spot Hidden (45%) (1d100=43)[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No, [b]Richard[/b]'s shot won't "accidentally" hit someone he doesn't like with a missed shot. [b]Joey[/b] isn't really in his line of fire anyway, as the zombie is still a short distance north of the store and you're shooting at an angle. Once it reached the rear of the store, he wouldn't be able to see it from the middle of the roof. [b]Kathryn[/b] gets a second shot with her pistol if she wants it. The zombie has taken a total of 8 damage to the head, so 2 more points are needed to finish it off. It is slowed down, though. [b]Marcus[/b] can't see anything beyond the edge of the darkness with that roll. To see out there, he'd have needed to get 1/5 of his Spot Hidden skill or less (2/5 of the skill if he's using his flashlight). He can see the lit-up area well, but there's nothing there he hasn't seen already.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Cramming a second shot off, Kat almost hits the target.
TVblog

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,If the people at the bottom of the ladder aren't starting to climb up, Marcus is seriously considering climbing down, tossing one over his shoulder (the lighter one I suppose) and climb back up. So, essentially, I need to know if the guys at the base of the ladder are making any moves that indicate they are climbing.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No, both men are pretty much frozen in place. You can reach the bottom of the ladder this round. I'm planning to update later tonight; I'll just roll Sanity for everyone who didn't and assume they did nothing.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Hector trembled when he saw the thing coming for his motionless companions, shaken very badly at the realization that the two men were probably going to die. Filled with dread, he ran away to the middle of the roof.

Alfredo coolly turned to face the approaching threat and raised his rifle to his shoulder, taking aim. The bullet was dead on, exploding the creature's skull and sending it falling to the pavement. Lauren breathed a sigh of relief, and so did Kyle.

Joey winced when he saw the ghoul, his mind stretched to the breaking point. However, it could not process the situation fully. "Good shooting, Alfredo!" he called.

"Thanks, boss!" answered Alfredo with a smile. "I take pride in my work."

The handsome man remained calm and looked down. "Bruno, Harvey, get your asses up here!" he yelled. But they remained motionless.

Ho Nguyen barely kept it together. "Yes, nice work," he said.

Joey nodded. "See what we can do when we work together?" he said.

Helen stayed frosty, and Victor was also fine, as was Cynthia.

But there was no time to relax. Three more zombies ran into the parking lot at the rear of the store, also heading for the two men who stood at the bottom of the ladder. The rain was coming down harder now.
OOC,No need for another Sanity roll, as these zombies were all part of the same group. You have another combat round before they reach the men and can attack. Remember that if you aim at the head and you fire multiple shots per round, all shots must be at the same target. [b]Marcus[/b], if you want to climb down the ladder, you'll be vulnerable to attack and should roll Dodge just in case. Probably better not to try that, and it's a good thing you didn't do it last round. [b]Emily[/b], if you want to use Psychoanalysis you can try to bring [b]Hector[/b] out of his temporary insanity. You can't use it on [b]Harvey[/b] or [b]Bruno[/b] right now, as they need to be able to at least see you. You can reach the middle of the roof this round, and you can do this while talking to [b]Hector[/b]. It will take an additional round to reach the back of the roof, and you'll only be able to try Psychoanalysis on the two guys at the bottom on the round after that.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Richard draws a bead on another zombie's head and misses. He aims again, fires and hits the zombie in the head, not quite killing it. Joey I hope your friends get eaten by a zombie!
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Wow... I couldn't see anything last round... suddenly there's no time to react. They're beaming in from the Enterprise!
Marcus thought to himself, "Now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Do I pull up the ladder and leave them to die? Do I climb down to risk my ass for a couple of possible psychopaths? If I do climb down, I obviously wouldn't have time to do anything other than dodge before they were on top of me, and they'll attack again as I throw a sucker over my shoulder and start climbing up with the lucky bastard."

Marcus had a thought that was just crazy enough to work. "Cover me!" he exclaimed to the others and went for the ladder.
ooc,Want to slide down the ladder and push one of those suckers into the charging three zombies... distract them while I save the other, hopefully.

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”