IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Hey, Harvey!", Kat shouts down to the pinned mob hang around, "Get your ass up, there are more coming!" She goes prone and lets her good arm hang down the face of the wall with the looped belt dangling for Harvey to use as a stirrup to get a way up. "Use my arm as a rope!" Keeping the arm taut but not forcing her muscles to move any weight she hopes the man will listen, "Grab my legs, Alfredo! I don´t want to be pulled down..." She tucks her 9mm in her back pocket.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus checked the bullet wound in his leg and smiled to Emily. "Thanks... feels all right. Didn't hit nothin' major, I take it." He stood and tested his weight on the leg. It was sore, but he felt he could ignore the pain if it came down to it. Looking down to Kyle, Marcus nodded, "Take more than a bullet ta put me down."

Marcus unslings his rifle and turns his gaze between Mr. Ho and Joey. "I'm armed, boss. Or do you just want to take the pistol away from Joey for safety's sake?"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

"Mr. Ho, as much as I don't like to admit it, Joey is right. Richard attacked them first. For all we know, Richard could have been delusional and cracked under the pressure. Joey and his men defended themselves and then stopped the violence once it was over. Marcus is all patched up but Duncan doesn't look so good." Emily looks at Duncan to asses his wounds.
OOC: Are Duncan's wounds going to be fatal?
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho Nguyen looks over at Marcus.I don't trust them Marcus, and pistol easier to aim than rifle in closed quarters. Turning to Emily, he says. We don't know why Richard shoot. When Victor calm down ask him. Like I said I don't like troublemakers.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus approached Richard with his hand out, "Nothin' personnal fella, but he's still my boss."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Alfredo knelt down and gripped Kathryn's legs firmly while she dangled the belt for Harvey. He still didn't respond, just lying there in shock underneath the destroyed zombie. "I don't think this is gonna work," said Alfredo. "How's about I go down the zipline, then reset the ladder and carry him up?"

Duncan smiled at Emily. She could see that his wound, while significant, was not life-threatening. The bullet had struck well below his heart. It could have torn a chunk out of his liver, but it was possible to live with only a portion of one's liver. Duncan had already taken out a black bag of medical supplies and was treating his own wound, but he wasn't having much luck. "Thank you, ma'am," he said.

Lauren and Kyle followed Emily and Marcus to the back of the roof, leaving Victor alone with the body of his friend. Lauren stayed back a little, glancing nervously at Duncan from behind her mother.

Joey was also trying to take care of his leg wound, borrowing what he needed from Duncan's bag, but he wasn't able to extract the bullet from his thigh or stop the bleeding yet. He handed the .357 Magnum revolver he had taken from Richard up to Marcus. "You're a good man," he said, nodding. "Loyalty to your boss is very commendable."
OOC,[b]Emily[/b] may try to treat [b]Duncan[/b]'s wound, try to treat [b]Joey[/b]'s wound, or try to use Psychoanalysis to bring [b]Harvey[/b] to his senses. She may only try one of these things. Anyone else except [b]Victor[/b] (who's too far away) may try to treat a wounded person with First Aid, but only one First Aid success will be effective for each person.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by kouchpotato »

Ho Nguyen nods. That good idea. You go get ladder, maybe I let you stay.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Yes, do it that way. I can´t carry anyone with my shoulder, anyway. I´ll cover you from here." Kat stands up and swaps the 9mm with the belt to a fold in the kevlar vest.

While Alfredo prepares to zip down, she scans the ground and the area close by.
Spoiler:
[1d100]: 68
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus flipped the pistol safety on, then tucked it in his beltline as he said to Joey with a wink, "Don't worry, fella. If we get deeps in the shit, I'll hand it right back to ya."

Marcus got his flashlight out and held it in his left hand, which held the stock of the rifle he carried. He flicked the light on and trained the rifle down to the darkness below as he scanned for more of the zombies. "Those things are pretty quick," the big guy warned Alfredo. "Don't waste no time doin' what you gotta do." He thought about asking for Alfredo to bring his hammer up, but Marcus felt there would be a safer time to do that. Maybe during daylight.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

"Hang on" said Emily. Maybe I can talk some sense into him. Emily moved towards the roof and spoke in soothing, calm tones to Harvey: "Harvey, we need you to get up here. Okay? There could be more of those things down there and the sooner you get up here, the safer you'll be. Can you set up the ladder and climb up here?" Emily could tell that she was able to break through to Harvey.
Spoiler:
Invisiblecastle is down. I rolled a 37 with good old fashioned dice, but I can re-roll once it's back up if you'd prefer.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No need to reroll, that's fine and it will work. [b]Harvey[/b] will be able to act freely again. I'll update soon, once I get an action for [b]Victor[/b]. [b]Kathryn[/b] isn't wearing pants; she still has on that short skirt from the farmhouse. The Kevlar vest she's wearing only covers her chest and abdomen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC: Edited earlier post

Kat
prepares to cover Alfredo when Emily gets Harvey mobile which makes Kat do the cover routine all the same. She´ll be damned if something should happen to anyone now that the outer threat had been neutralized, for a short duration of time.
TVblog

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Victor stood up and walked over to Ho and said, "Sir I have no reason to leave now. I would like to stay here and help defend the place if you will have me."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Harvey came to his senses, reassured by Emily's words. He suddenly realized he was underneath a corpse. "Get it offa me!" he cried, rolling it aside and getting back to his feet.

"Atta boy, Harv!" said Alfredo. "Set the ladder back up, grab Bruno's stuff, and get up here!"

Harvey nodded and picked up the ladder, placing it back against the wall. He collected Bruno's pistol and magazines and pocketed them, then grabbed the big guy's baseball bat. "Damn. I didn't think anything could kill Bruno." He turned his back on the dead man and began to climb the ladder.

"This bullet just doesn't want to come out," said Duncan. "Here, let me have a look at your leg first." However, his shaking hands only made the bleeding worse. "Sorry," he mumbled. "I'm all thumbs tonight."

"You weren't all thumbs when it counted, back when Dick was trying to kill me," said Joey, gritting his teeth. "You saved my ass. I'll remember that."

"Let me help, boss," said Alfredo. He squatted and managed to stop the fresh bleeding.

"Thanks." Joey nodded. "You did a good job too. Let me see if I can do something about your wound, Duncan." One look told him this was something best left to the professionals.

"Maybe I can help, mister," said Kyle, looking at Joey's leg. "I've had to fix some booboos working on the farm." He did an admirable job of removing the bullet and repairing much of the damage.

Joey smiled at him. "Nice work, kid! You remove a bullet like a real pro."

Lauren hung back nervously, glancing at Duncan. "Don't be afraid," he said to her.

"B-but you're a serial killer!" she blurted.

"I'd never hurt you. I couldn't even if I wanted to, just look at this hole in my chest. Anyway, I haven't killed anyone in three whole minutes." He cracked a smile, but he was in too much pain to laugh.

Lauren stifled a smile, but she still kept her distance.

Back at the front of the roof, Hector continued to run around in a panic. "They're coming!" he shouted. "They're coming!" There were no threats visible...at least not yet.
OOC,Thus ends Chapter 4 in this section. When Chapter 5 starts, Juno will pick up exactly where it left off.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The story continues in the Juno section of Chapter 5, found on the link below.
A Dark and Stormy Night
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”