IC-OMAHA-Sudden Death Overtime(Everyone else)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

IC-OMAHA-Sudden Death Overtime(Everyone else)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Z-Day - 4:13 PM Central Time - Brooks High School, Omaha, Nebraska
In the gym-
Brooks High's gymnasium was situated at the rear of the school and featured a basketball court, stands, and a large, well-stocked athletic supply closet. There was a also a big blackboard for planning plays that was now used to plan the school's defense. Double doors leading to the rest of the school were wide open, and a fire exit on the side had been propped open to allow anyone who was outside to get back into the school in a hurry without having to wait for someone to open the door, as it would lock automatically if it were to shut. Coach Ron Moore stood in center court, talking to the only members of his football team who had made it in today. Fortunately, they were the best and they worked well together. Roy McCrumb was the star quarterback, with the most accurate arm the coach had ever seen in all his years of coaching high school football. He was also huge, making it harder for the opponents' defense to bring him down even if they managed to get through the offensive line - and if they could get their hands on him at all, which wasn't easy. Now there was a kid who could even skip college and go straight to the NFL draft, which might be better for him - he wasn't exactly cut out for academic life. Darnell Jones was the best wide receiver. His speed almost unmatched, and he could catch balls that looked impossible to catch. The coach knew that he owed last year's championship to the two of them, and they would be sure to win again this year - if there still was a championship, that is.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
beertender
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-Sudden Death Overtime(Ron Moore/Darnell/Roy)

Post by beertender »

***Ron stands in front of his to star players with his arms folded across his broad chest. A whistle hangs around his neck as he speaks to the 2 of them****

"Well boys, Looks like the shit has really hit the fan outside. Im not sure how much of this crap about the dead rising i believe, but i will tell you this, There sure is some damn funny going on and its best to error on the side of caution. We should take a look and see if there is anything in the supply closet that might help us out."

***Ron starts walking to the supply closet***

"Ya know boys...We arent like the rest. They havent been keeping themselves in shape. We need to stick together. Try and keep everyone safe."

**Ron opens the closet and peers inside***

idea roll 60% (1d100=64)
beertender
Layman
Layman

Post by beertender »

Spoiler:
Do i roll for a idea roll on my own, or do i wait for you to tell me to?
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Darnell said, "Coach I am all for helping defend the school but I need some kind of weapon and also i am worried bout my girl. I do not trust that creep who is her ex. He would use a situation like this to get to her I am sure of it. Can i go check and maybe while I am out stop by the security office to get some weapons?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
beertender
Layman
Layman

Post by beertender »

Ron says as he sorts thru the stuff in the closet, "Just a couple of minutes Darnell and we will all go together..This isnt the time to be flying off on your own. We still dont know what going on and being hotheaded isnt gonna help either."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the gym-
Ron Moore unlocked the heavy padlock on the athletic supply closet and pulled the doors open. All sorts of athletic gear were inside. There were balls of every shape and size: footballs, basketballs, volleyballs, soccer balls, baseballs, and tennis balls. There were tennis racquets, hockey sticks, hockey pucks, a net that could be used for tennis or volleyball, and a couple of hockey goals. There were also half a dozen baseball bats, two aluminum and four wooden. A rack contained various swords used by the fencing team: two sabers, two foils, and two epees. Finally there were archery targets, three bows, and a few dozen arrows in three large quivers.
OOC,Usually I'll prompt you when you need to roll Idea, but you can roll it on your own if you like. You should let me know what you're trying to think of an idea for if you do that, but in this case you failed the roll, so your character doesn't think of anything that doesn't occur to you. You don't know whether there are weapons stored in the security office or not. [b]Jerry Law[/b] is the only security guard present today, and he has his nightstick with him. Nightsticks would be the only weapons you'd find there, and they are considered Small Clubs. Many things can be used as improvised clubs, including some of the items you found in the supply closet. A Large Club is a 2-handed weapon. Swords and bows are capable of impaling. There are: 4 tennis racquets [base skill 25%, Dam 1d6+db, Small Club] 12 hockey sticks [base skill 25%, Dam 1d8+db, Large Club] 6 baseball bats [Large Club, just like a hockey stick] 2 sabers [base skill 15%, Dam 1d8+1+db, Saber] 2 foils [base skill 20%, Dam 1d6+1+db, Foil] 2 epees [base skill 10%, Dam 1d6+1+db, Rapier] 3 bows [base skill 01%, Dam 1d6+db, RoF 1, BR 30, Malf 90, Bow] 36 arrows, 12 each in three quivers [can be worn on your back]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
beertender
Layman
Layman

Post by beertender »

***Ron grabs a bow and the quivers,strapping them to his back. The he picks up a saber, turns it a bit inspecting the edge before making a few slashes into the air with it.***

"Not the most ideal weapons, but will hafta do. Help yourselves to some things in their boys. Darnell, you think its possiable your girl is on the way to you here? We go running off looking for her and she comes here to find you......
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Darren grabbed one of the baseball bats which he held in his hand. He also grab a foil and stuck it in a belt loop in his pants for now. "Just in case"
He said, "I do not know where she is Coach but I do know that with the fence outside the most vernable spot in this school is the front doors near security so we should go there. Maybe we will find her?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Everything on school grounds is inside the fence. The front entrance to the school building is well within its boundary. The fence has a gap some distance in front of the building, however. It is barricaded, but not electrified like the fence is. The front doors are also barricaded. So you're correct that the front area is vulnerable, though it would take a lot to get through it. The quivers are big, and you can really only carry two slung on your back - one if you are also carrying a bow on your back. Someone else could carry the other two quivers, though. You can each carry up to four of the smaller balls - baseballs or tennis balls. The stats are given in the weapons list thread, under [b]Roy McCrumb[/b]'s entry, as he just took his share.
In the gym-
Roy McCrumb took four baseballs from the closet and stuffed them in his large pockets, then snatched up an aluminum bat. He faced an imaginary enemy and snarled, brandishing the bat and saying "Batter up!" Then he relaxed his stance. "So, what should we do, Coach?"

The fluorescent lights overhead flickered briefly. They had done that several times before, when the dead touched the electric fence. It was getting more frequent as time went by.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"Well coach, can we go look for my girl? Maybe find other weapons as we go along?" As he said this he grabbed 4 baseballs and put them in the pockets of his jeans.
beertender
Layman
Layman

Post by beertender »

"Alright, lets go look for her, but we gotta stay together....No running off hotheaded.. This isnt the time to lose your cool"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"hey coach did i lose my cool last year when we were playing the Bellevue Lizards? No I did not. 4 TD's I believe thanks to Roy's excllent throwing arm I might add!"
beertender
Layman
Layman

Post by beertender »

"Would have been 5 if you didnt try to show off and one arm that last one. Point in case, stay focused. Remeber what i always said to the guys...We will win as a team, or die as individuals.That may never be more true then now.."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"well come on coach. The scout for Nebreska was in the stands and they need help! Anyway I was not countring the one I took in on the option pass and ran in what was it something like 55 yards?"
beertender
Layman
Layman

Post by beertender »

"Yeah, im sure the scout from nebraska was also very impressed with that stupid dance after the 3rd touchdown. Maybe he can recommended a good ballet class if they take you."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"Coach, I love you man! Come on lets go. I will take the lead."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the gym-
"Yeah team!" cheered Roy. He followed Darnell and Coach Ron Moore out through the double doors into the ground floor hallway.

In the north hall, ground floor-
The coach and his players found themselves in the deserted hallway on the north side of the ground floor. Across the hall from the gym was the auditorium, and at the north end of the hall was the only unbarricaded stairwell. It led down to the basement and up to the second floor and the roof, and there was also a fire exit leading out. The hall went south to the main entry hall, where security guard Jerry Law was stationed. There were also bathrooms near the south end of the hall. The boys' room was on the west side of the hall, and the girls' room was on the east side.

While they were getting their bearings, the lights flickered again and went out. This had happened before once nearly an hour ago, but they had come back on almost immediately. As the seconds passed, they realized that this time they were staying out. Fortunately it was still daylight for a few more hours, so visibility wasn't a problem, but now there was no power to the electric fence. The generator in the basement, which could be reached by the north stairwell, had to have failed.
OOC,Everyone, roll Listen. If it's not listed on your character sheet, the base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Mr Handy,Can Mechincal Repair be used in this case to fix the generator or do I need Electrical Repair and what would be the roll for that then?
Darnell stop to listen but did not hear a thing.

"Coach while I want to find my girl fast especailly with the electricity off, I think we owe it to the school to go find either Mr McLeod the Shop teacher or Mr. Woodbridge the groundskeeper. Both of those guys know electronics really well. And if we cannot find them, Latoya told me that her ex Kyle knew how to reapair electronics as well and that way we can keep an eye on the little shit."
Last edited by Mr Zombie killer on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Darnell Jones,Electrical Repair is the skill you'd most likely need. The base skill level is only 10%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
beertender
Layman
Layman

Post by beertender »

***The coach stops as the lights goes out and stares up at them for a minute. Sudden realization that they are not coming back on goes accross his face****

Listen roll 25% (1d100=55)

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”