IC-OMAHA-On the Menu(Adler/Tariq/Amelia/Lori)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Re: IC-OMAHA-On the Menu(Tariq/Amelia/Lori)

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I hope so too, but even if it does, it will not work forever." Tariq says, "and we have to be making plans now for what can happen soon. Sometimes things happen that you did not plan for - but sometimes things that you do plan for happen."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the east hall-
"Yeah, I hope they fix it fast too," said Amelia as she led the way into the lobby ahead of the others. "Donald's real good. I'm sure he can get the juice flowing again." She went into the lobby and peered into the north hall. "Principal Adler!"

"Good to see you, Ms. Delacroix!" came his booming voice from the north hall. "Is there anyone else down there with you?"

"Tariq and Lori Desmond are right behind me!"

"Good, we're moving everyone upstairs, just in case."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq comes around the corner after her, and sees Principal Adler.

"I'm glad to see someone else, especially you. We were making lunch when the power went out, but we've salvaged some food that we can share. What is the plan now? It is a pity that we spent so much time doing fire drills and never drilled for a situation like this."
Imported_Goods
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Imported_Goods »

Lori Desmond:

Lori remains quiet while taking the corner behind Tariq and chuckles lightly at Tariq's comment about the emergency drills.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-OMAHA-On the Menu(Adler/Tariq/Amelia/Lori)

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the lobby-
Tariq and Lori entered the lobby behind Amelia. Looking down the north hall, they saw Principal Lawrence Adler standing there, holding his Louisville Slugger. He waved for them to come over, and Amelia did.

In the north hall, ground floor-
"We need to move everyone upstairs who can't help with the generator," said Principal Adler as Amelia reached his side. "Let's move quickly, everyone. Is there anyone else on this floor besides you three that you know of? Anyone still outside? All the fire exits are now locked, so if anyone's out there, I'll need to let them in."
OOC,Everyone, roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I don't know of anyone else, and I don't think any of us will be good with the generator, sir, " Tariq begins, then stops, having heard something very clearly.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tariq al-Tikriti,[b]Tariq[/b] could hear one set of fast-moving footsteps outside the building, in the construction area on the east side. They were heading for the kitchen's fire exit.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Is there any chance someone is out at the construction site? I can hear something running towards the kitchen's fire exit, but I don't want to open the door for a ... something hostile. And if I had to I would feel better doing it with better weapons and more people."
Imported_Goods
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Imported_Goods »

Lori hearing nothing out of the ordinary questions Tariq's hearing "You sure you're not hearing things? I dont hear a thing"
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Yes, I am sure. I would not have said anything if I was not sure."

He pauses and thinks.

"Actually, why don't we go look now? I keep thinking as if I was back in Iraq, and every enemy had a gun. Even if it turns out to be some sort of...dead man walking...there are four of us and he won't be armed. That should be safe enough, no? And if it is someone who needs to be let in, we should get there before he is chased. Let's go."

Tariq turns to head back to the fire exit.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the north hall, ground floor-
"All right, let's all go check it out," said Principal Adler. Gripping his baseball bat with both hands, he went back to the lobby with Amelia.

In the lobby-
As the principal and the chef returned, Tariq headed into the east hall.

In the east hall, ground floor-
Tariq reached the double doors leading to the cafeteria. Looking back, he could see the other three in the lobby, not too far behind.
OOC,Everyone but [b]Tariq[/b] may attempt another Listen roll. If you succeed, click on [b]Tariq[/b]'s spoiler button below, as you'll hear the same thing.
Tariq al-Tikriti,[b]Tariq[/b] heard a definite pounding coming from the kitchen's fire exit.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq runs toward the fire exit.

He shouts "Who are you?" loudly, and keeps walking towards the exit while he waits for a reply. He knows he probably won't open the door until everyone else has shown up, but he'd rather know what he can first.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I haven't had a post for [b]Lori[/b], so I'm going to assume she goes with the others. Imported_Goods, if you don't want to go with them, let me know.
In the east hall-
Principal Adler, Amelia, and Lori all entered from the lobby as Tariq went back inside the cafeteria.

In the cafeteria-
The cafeteria was just as deserted as it had been when Tariq had left. The only response to his shout was more pounding on the kitchen door. He couldn't see it from here, but the door to the kitchen was behind the counter. The cafeteria also had its own fire exit on the east side of the building, leading out to the construction site. It was some distance due south of the fire door being banged on, and was undisturbed.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq moves to where he can see the kitchen door, aware that it is possible to bang on both sides of a door. He shouts again, and waits for the others to catch up.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The banging is coming from the kitchen's fire exit leading outside, not from the door leading to the kitchen from the cafeteria. Sorry about the confusion.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq continues to where he can see the kitchen fire exit door before waiting for the others to catch up.
Incris
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Incris »

Amelia, not wanting to leave Tariq alone and in potential danger, enters the cafeteria.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the east hall, ground floor-
Principal Adler and Lori followed Amelia back into the cafeteria.

In the cafeteria-
Amelia, Lori, and the principal entered the cafeteria, still lit by sunlight coming in from the eastern windows. They arrived in time to see Tariq pass behind the counter and slip into the kitchen door while the pounding got louder and louder.

In the kitchen-
Tariq stood just inside the door leading from the cafeteria. The kitchen looked just as he had left it, except for the fire exit on the east wall. It had been dented somewhat already, but as the pounding continued it was nearly knocked off of its hinges! Whoever was hitting it was very strong, and it clearly wouldn't hold much longer.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Incris
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Incris »

Amelia, continuing after Tariq but unsettled by the banging, approaches the kitchen door. "Be careful" she calls out through the door.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq turns toward Amelia.

"Someone is bashing in the door, without answering me. I don't think those fire doors are meant to be destroyed by one man's fists, and if there is someone who would do that, he's probably more than a bit dangerous. If someone was really trying to get in because he needed our help, he would respond. If the dead are really rising, than I think this could be one of them. I think the best idea is to turn around and run, right now. Until we find someone with the guns to handle someone who can put a fist through steel."

Tariq doesn't start running yet, but waits to see if he can convince Amelia. He grips his knife, aware that things will probably get dangerous, fast.

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”