IC-OMAHA-On the Menu(Adler/Tariq/Amelia/Lori)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Incris
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: IC-OMAHA-On the Menu(Adler/Tariq/Amelia/Lori)

Post by Incris »

Amelia calls out to Tariq, "I think you should grab anything that might be of use in there at all, like the matches we use for lighting the gas hobs on the cooker. If the powers out then we might need them to light something to see later. But do it quickly. I'm feeling a nasty aura round this place. When you get out do you think the four of us should try to form a baricade out of the cafeteria tables? Whatever is on the other side of that door, I'd rather not give it easy access into the rest of school if its going to break through."
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Barricading sounds good - but we have to hurry, that door could give at any moment."

Tariq grabs a couple nearby items, not really paying attention to what they are, then runs to the other side of the kitchen door. As soon as Amelia comes through, he slams the door shut and begins to barricade it with cafeteria tables.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cafeteria-
Tariq and Amelia grabbed some matches and candles before returning to the cafeteria, slamming the door behind them. Just as they did, they heard the fire exit in the kitchen being smashed inwards, followed by running footsteps across the kitchen floor, heading right for them! Principal Adler and Lori Desmond grabbed one of the tables from the dining area and lugged it behind the counter, placing it against the kitchen door as a makeshift barricade.

Then a shotgun blast rang out in the distance.
OOC,Roll Listen to try to figure out where the shotgun blast came from. If it's not listed on your character sheet, the base skill is 25%.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq desperately works at barricading the door, and so is highly distracted when he hears the noise.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the cafeteria-
Tariq was temporarily deafened by the shotgun blast, and the ringing in his ears kept him from hearing anything for a few seconds. He couldn't even hear the kitchen door splintering, but he certainly felt it as he was helping to shore up the barricade. The door itself was destroyed, and the table he had just put into place in front of it was dented.

"Something just smashed down the kitchen door!" cried Lori. She helped Tariq drag a second table over while Principal Adler and Amelia held the first one in place. They shoved the second table behind it.

"There's no more room back here behind the counter for another one," said the principal. "I think this is as good as it's going to get - and it isn't good enough!"

Then there were two pistol shots, followed immediately by another shotgun blast.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I say we run for the second level," says Tariq, retreating from the barricade and preparing to do just that.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,A new player is taking over [b]Lori Desmond[/b]. I'll go ahead and post for her now, assuming she leaves the cafeteria and enters the hallway with the others. [b]Lori[/b], if you'd rather do something else instead, just let me know.
In the cafeteria-
"We should fall back to the hall," said Principal Adler, backing away from the kitchen, "but we can't just all flee upstairs. At some point we have to take a stand. Maybe we can find more people to help us fight. We don't know how many of these things are inside, but let's not stick around and find out."

Tariq, Amelia, Lori, and Principal Adler all retreated from the cafeteria, exiting to the hall through the double doors.

In the east hall, ground floor-
Everyone emerged from the cafeteria and into the hallway, which led left to the barricaded east stairwell and right to the lobby. More pounding sounds came from within the cafeteria, as the barricade was apparently hit again.
OOC,Everyone roll Spot Hidden and Listen. The base skill for each is 25% if it's not listed on your character sheet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Tariq tries to disguise the contempts in his voice.

"We have to take a stand? The television news says that the enemy is overrunning the nation. Taking a stand is the last thing we should do - and only a fool would fight hand to hand who I knew where there are guns. Which I do, and which I think the people on the roof do. Mr. Adler, I'm running up there, and I think you should too."

Tariq does not hear anything, but he does notice something.
El_Anatomista
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years

Post by El_Anatomista »

Lori seems utterly nervus as she in a shaky voice says 'yes yes... let move... up' following Tariqs advice

Lori does not notice anything spot and listen (1d100=100, 1d100=37)
El_Anatomista
Layman
Layman

Post by El_Anatomista »

Spoiler:
Taking over Lori and ready to rumble
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the east hall, ground floor-
Tariq al-Tikriti,As [b]Tariq[/b] started toward the lobby, he saw [b]Vice Principal Sharon Kaplan[/b] and [b]Roy McCrumb[/b] in there. They were looking up, focused on something on the balcony.
Roy McCrumb's shout came from the lobby, loud enough for everyone to hear: "BOOM! Headshot! Gotcha contact sport right here muthafucka!"

"Way to go, Roy, they work!" shouted Keith Stewart from somewhere up ahead.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
El_Anatomista
Layman
Layman

Post by El_Anatomista »

Roy McCrumb's shout came from the lobby, loud enough for everyone to hear: "BOOM! Headshot! Gotcha contact sport right here muthafucka!"

"Way to go, Roy, they work!" shouted Keith Stewart from somewhere up ahead.[/quote]

'Oh man' 'they are on our side shooting those things!' 'Hey! come to us!' Lori shouts as loud she can.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Come on, Mr. Adler. For your own sake, hurry."

Tariq heads for the lobby, shouting, "Roy! Keith! Ms. Kaplan! We just came from the cafeteria, and we need your help!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Everyone is moving to the thread linked below.
Endgame
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”