IC-JUNO-End of the World Sale(Store Employees/Visitors)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: IC-JUNO-End of the World Sale(Store Employees/Customers)

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Oh my god," Marcus says... "That fool did not just shout up at us, did he?"

He flips back belly down and does a quick scan over the area to see if they gained any unwanted attention.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
Ho looked around carefully. He was about to answer Richard when something else grabbed his attention. "Look!" he hissed, pointing at Big Mac Road, which ran north and south just to the west of the SaveMart. "It's a truck! There's three girls in the cab, very pretty, and a big man in back with a rifle."

Sure enough, a pickup truck was fast approaching on the road from the north. When it got closer Marcus was able to see it at last, but he couldn't make out the details his sharp-eyed boss had mentioned. It showed no sign of slowing down and was about to go right past the turnoff to the parking lot.
OOC,[b]Marcus[/b], roll Idea.
Outside the store-
While Richard stood just outside the store calling up to the roof, he heard the roar of a vehicle getting nearer on the road that went by the store.
OOC,[b]Richard[/b], roll Idea.
In the store-
"Let's wait for Richard to get back before we start moving stuff," said Cynthia. "What if the old man says no? Then he might get mad and kick us out. And you need to learn how to treat a lady right, Victor. Like your friend Richard does. You can learn a lot from him. You'll have to give yourself a special treat tonight instead."

Helen stifled a chuckle.
OOC,[b]Victor[/b], roll Listen to see if you hear the truck.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Idea Check for Marcus,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1879798/]Idea (65%) (1d100=49)[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Marcus Williams,Your Idea score is 60, not 65, but you still succeed. [b]Marcus[/b] realizes that the infected people attacking the store have never come in vehicles. Most walked slowly, and some ran quickly, but they always came on foot. The people in the truck don't appear to know that anyone is at the store. If he wants to attract their attention, making a loud noise would do the trick.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus suddenly fired his rifle in the air, hoping to let the passers-by realize that someone was nearby. If they started to look, he would stand up and wave his hands for a moment or two, then drop back down, hopefully before gaining too much more unwanted attention.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Victor stared at Cynthia in anger. "Listen bitch, we did not have to pick you up so you will treat me right. If not for me and Rich you would be still out there now if not dead." He was so busy talking to Cynthia that he failed to hear anything.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Marcus Williams,Give me a Rifle roll, just to make sure the gun doesn't jam when you try to fire it. You can't really miss, so anything but a Malfunction is good, but if you roll equal to or less than your Rifle skill you will get a check in it. Of course, you're bound to get more opportunities later on anyway.
In the store-
"You talk about treating people right, but you don't know the first thing about it," said Cynthia. She walked off to the front door in a huff. "I am grateful - to Rich. I honestly don't know why he keeps you around. Guess he's just too nice for his own good."

Helen watched the exchange, an amused smirk on her face.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"Hey baby look I am sorry. It is anger that is all. Long day you know?" Victor came up behind Cyntihia and put his hand on her shoulder.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Rifle Shot,Good thing I wasn't aiming at anything in particular. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1880780/]Rifle - do not malfunction!!! (1d100=76)[/url]
"Look Ho! Customers!" Marcus says to his boss.
beertender
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by beertender »

***Rich walks over to Cynthia***

"Hey, listen, I just think every is on edge...Hell, i aint got one idea what the hell has happened or what i have even seen, but i know some crap has happened that isnt gonna be any good for any of us. We just gotta all stick together."

***Rick takes a stroll next to Vic***

"Hey man, lets try not to get every nervous. There is enough crap to worry about already. We might need one of these girls to watch are back. Honestly, Im not sure whats going on, but i really get the feeling it isnt good. We will be out of here in the morning, so lets just try and get through tonight without any drama. Besides, we dont need any added attention to us."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Vic looks at Richard and says, "your right bro. I will be cool." He then walked up to Helen and put down 75 cents. "May I have a Snickers Bar please?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

On the roof-
The pickup truck drove past the turnoff to the parking lot as Marcus pointed his rifle off into the distance and fired a shot into the air. Then he stood up for a few seconds to wave at the people in the truck in the hopes that they would notice and turn around. The sun was starting to dip below the horizon, and it would get dark soon.

Ho watched the truck roll down the road. "They notice that for sure," he said. "Just hope nobody else does."

In the store-
"Sure..." said Helen to Victor, "just as soon as you pay the rest of the price." She pointed at the price tag on the box. "They're a buck 49 each. Maybe you flunked math, but that'll only cover half the cost, and no, you can't buy half a Snickers."

"You're right, Rich," said Cynthia. "We need each other to stay alive."

Just then, everyone heard the rifle shot from the roof.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
beertender
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by beertender »

***Rich's head sworls towards the window and runs to see what is going on, gun in hand.****

"What the hell was that????"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor said to Helen, "We will take this up in a minute." He then pulled his pistol and ran for the door looking outside.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Well, if they noticed, then good. If not... then I'm sorry you lost a sale," he slapped his big hand on Ho's shoulder and laughed. "I'm heading down. We need to prepare the store for this evening. Do we have any black paint? I was thinking of painting the windows over so our lights won't give us away."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Everyone is moving to the following thread:
Trouble In Store
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”