IC-SWORD-The Lion's Den(Sally only)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Re: IC-SWORD-The Lion's Den(Sally only)

Post by ryansommer »

OOC : Sally was not there when the soldiers arrived, right? I don't think she knows much of what is going on all around.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,She was there when the first group of USAF people arrived. She went below at the start of the final confrontation between [b]Lereux[/b] and [b]Malone[/b], but she doesn't know the outcome or anything that happened on the surface after that. She did talk somewhat to [b]Dr. Hausmann[/b], [b]Stephanie[/b], and [b]Mr. Foo[/b], all of whom knew something about what was happening in the wider world. The details would be in Chapter 2. Of course, you don't have to share everything you know or even admit that you know anything.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

" You know, I've been down here quite a while so I am not completely sure what is going on, but I do know that it appears this is happen all across the world. A real end of days, you know?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
"Yeah, that's what I thought," said Doc. "It's a good thing we're in a great position to survive. Better than most of the rest of the world, that's for certain. We've been prepared for the end of civilization for a long time, but we never imagined it would happen like this. We got hit hard, but we'll get through this - especially with your help, Sally. Meeting you gives me real hope for the future. Do you know of any other groups of people that are holding their own out there?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

" I think there was a group in Omaha that was holding out, but that was back when I was at the diner. One of the women there was a doctor or something and she was working on a cure for the infection. She had some data that she had to get back to a lab in Omaha and they were apparently still up and running and secure. Whether they still are now, though, is doubtfull."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
"From what I hear, it's worst of all in big cities," said Doc. "I can't imagine anyone in Omaha holding out for long, let alone however long it would take to find a cure - if there is one. The only true cure is a rapid injection of lead directly into the brain. They take two and they don't call you in the morning."

Just then there was a mild tremor. Sally felt the washtub rattle slightly, and the surface of the water briefly sloshed back and forth. It was over as quickly as it had begun.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

" Whoah! A little earthquake or something. Are those clothes about ready? I'm ready to hop out of here. If not, how about some scrubs?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
"Nitro should be here in just a few minutes," said Doc, walking around the lead screen and behind the tub. "By the time I help you out of the tub and you dry off and get the scrubs on, he'd probably be here anyway. We've been feeling tremors like that all day, but they never caused any damage. Here, I'll lift you up by the arms and set you down in the chair, Sally. Keep your leg still."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

" I appreciate the offer, but I can get up on my own. I've been on this leg all day; 1 more min won't hurt. How about some scrubs until Nitro gets back?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
"It won't be easy for you to get out of there with a broken leg," said Doc. "I don't want you to injure yourself further, but if you're sure you can do it, go ahead. Don't be ashamed to call me if you need help. I'll go get the scrubs." He went back around the screen.
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], roll DEX x 3 to get out of the tub without help.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Can Sally stand up and put a towel around her without help?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Not automatically, with her broken leg. She could wrap one around herself while sitting in the tub, but it will get soaked in the process. Trying to stand up in the tub while putting on the towel would require a DEX x 4 roll.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Sorry, I forgot it was my turn.

With Doc turned away, Sally was able to stand up and wrap the bed sheet around herself. She waited patiently for the scrubs to arrive.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That's okay. Since you're currently the only PC in this section, it can move at your pace for now.
In the medical lab-
Sally balanced herself precariously by gripping the rim of the tub with one hand and standing on one foot, then snatched up a sheet with her free hand and wrapped it around herself. Once she had done so, she was able to hold the rim with both hands.

Doc came back around the screen carrying the scrubs. "Here, let me help you into the chair," he said. He put down the scrubs and helped her emerge from the tub and slid her into the seat. "I'll let you dry yourself off and get dressed. Your X-Rays should be done in another minute or so. I'll go check on them. Call if you need anything, Sally." He walked away again.

"I just rigged a satchel charge on the inner airlock door," called Mutt as he returned to the lab entrance. "If the door is opened or breached, it'll detonate. Then I sealed the outer door behind me to contain the explosion to that chamber. Nitro should be down here in a couple more minutes."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally dried herself off and slipped into the clean clothes. It felt great to be clean again. Sally went over to there she laid her pistol and retrieved it while the others were not looking. She tucked the pistol into her waistband and covered it with the tops to the scrubs.

Was Sally wearing a belt before? If so, she is going to put the belt on under the scrubs to hold the gun better.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, [b]Sally[/b] has a belt.
In the medical lab-
Sally scrubbed herself dry with the sheets and wrung out her hair, then hobbled over to retrieve her gun and ammo, using her canes as crutches. She put on her underwear and belt first, tucking the gun into the belt and putting the magazines in the pockets of the scrubs, which she put on next. They were somewhat loose on her. When she was fully dressed, Doc returned with the X-Rays in hand, his brow creased in thought. "Sally," he said, worry on his face. "I don't quite know how to explain this. I guess you'd better see for yourself." He showed her the results. "The bone is broken cleanly, but that's not what troubles me. It looks like there's a kind of...growth...inside your leg." He showed her the X-Ray of her calf and pointed out a thin black line coiled around the bone, very difficult to discern. It stretched from the site where her leg had been struck upwards, and there were what looked like tiny tendrils branching off from it every so often. Then he showed her the other X-Ray. The line continued on its way past her knee and up into her thigh, beyond the edge of the exposure. "The strange thing is where the two X-Rays overlap. In the second one, the line seems to come to an end right near the border of the area covered by the first one. I think we'd better get an X-Ray of your thigh too and see just how far this thing goes."
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], roll Idea. Also, roll Conceal (base skill of 15%) to see how well you hid the gun.
"Hey, Mutt, I've got the clothes and food," called a German-accented voice from outside the lab. "So where's this gorgeous nurse? Can't wait to meet her!"

"In there," replied Mutt's voice.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Looking at the x-rays gave Sally an idea.
She nearly threw up in her mouth at the words exchanged between Nitro and Mutt. If it comes to a head, she is going to look forward to seeing these scum die. The weight of her concealed pistol reassured her somewhat. That black slime monster had deposited something in her. If she could not get rid of it, she planned to take as many of these fuckers with her as she could.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
Sally's thoughts of killing and dying did not distract her from a potential solution to the problem at hand. The second X-Ray had covered some of the same area that the first one had, yet the foreign growth in her leg was no longer there by the time the second one had been taken. Could the X-Ray have destroyed that part of the growth that had been exposed to it? That might have been caused by the radiation. Then there was the fact that the growth only extended upwards from the site of her injury, not down toward her foot. It was as if it were trying to reach a specific part of her body rather than spreading out in all directions. Just thinking about this thing inside her was disturbing, but she still had hope she could do something about it. She hadn't come all this way and endured so much just to die now.

Doc continued to look at her with concern. "Are you experiencing any symptoms, Sally?" he asked. "Fever, chills, anything unusual?"

Sally felt weary more than anything else, and all of her muscles ached. But was that due to the ordeals she had suffered, or because of the contamination inside her? She did feel a twinge in her stomach, but she couldn't be sure that it wasn't due to this startling revelation rather than caused by the substance itself. Now that she thought about it, her forehead did seem a little warm. Was it just the power of suggestion, or something more?"

"Here, Nitro, I got you a LAW and a satchel charge out of the armory," came Mutt's voice. "Also some more grenades. That giant worm thing Sally survived might need some heavy firepower to bring down if it shows up here. Hey, Doc, can we come back? Is the lady decent?"

"Yeah, she's got some of my spare scrubs on," answered Doc.

Mutt came around the screen and joined him, followed by a shaven-headed man even bigger than he was who could only be Nitro. Mutt now had an M79 grenade launcher on his back and additional grenades on his belt. Nitro had a backpack and a LAW rocket on his back and an AK-74 over his shoulder, and he was carrying a pair of khaki shorts, a white tank top, a pair of boots, a utility belt with a holster, an MRE, and a can of Coors beer. His own belt had several grenades, as well as a Desert Eagle in his own holster. "You must be Sally," said Nitro as he put the things he had brought down. "Wow, Spike wasn't kidding when he said you were hot!"

"Easy there, big guy," said Doc, putting a hand on Nitro's arm. "Sally doesn't like guys being too forward with her, so give her some space. We'll give you some privacy now so you can change, Sally. After that I'd better give you a complete physical."

Mutt noticed the bulge on Sally's hip. "You do look nice in scrubs, Sally," he said, "but you'll find these clothes a lot more functional, and that belt holster will be much better for holding your piece. Come on, guys, let's give the lady a little breathing room like Doc said." He led Doc and Nitro around the screen and back into the main lab area.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally patted the pistol in her belt: "Yeah, that holster will come in handy for sure. I'd set this little guy down but she's the reason I am still alive. We've been through a whole lot today and I have a feeling, it's not over."

With the privacy the guys gave her, Sally slipped into the shorts and boots she was given. She pulled the tank top on, then pulled the scrubs top over the tank top for more coverage.

She then approached Doc and said, " You know, I think that thing is spreading, but it looks like the xrays maybe damaging or killing it. If you look at the two shots, you can see it is traveling upwards. I am going to guess that it is heading towards my heart, or more likeyly, my brain since all those infected require head shots to kill. Lets get back to the xray machine and take some more pictures and see if my hypothesis is correct."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
"Yeah, that's a good idea," said Doc. "Let's get you back to the X-Ray machine." He walked Sally back and helped her up onto the table. "I've got the materials for your cast ready, too. Let me put that on your leg now." He wheeled over a cart with the plaster and bandages on it. "Got a preference for which body part we should X-Ray first? I'm thinking a chest X-Ray. If it's going for your heart, we'll see if it's anywhere near there, and if it's after your brain, it'll have to go through your chest to get there anyway." He began to apply the cast to her leg.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”