IC-SWORD-The Lion's Den(Sally only)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Re: IC-SWORD-The Lion's Den(Sally only)

Post by ryansommer »

"No thanks needed," Sally said. "Like I said, this is no time to fuck around. It's end of days and the only way we, or anyone for that matther, will survive is to work together."
Sally followed doc back down to the medical lab and saddled up to the food they had brought her.
[Spoiler-Button] Was the MRE they brought her opened? [/Spoiler-Button]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No, the MRE is still sealed. The beer can hasn't been opened either. You're not quite back to the lab yet, but you can enter it now. There are events happening in the other thread, and I need to keep them in sync now that there's a second PC in Sword.
In the upper lab hallway-
"Well, I'm still impressed, Sally," said Doc. "I could kiss you, but then you'd shove your foot up my ass, and I don't want you to injure your leg again." He and Mutt led her back downstairs.

In the lower lab hallway-
The first thing Sally noticed when she returned downstairs was that the outer airlock door had been blown off of its hinges and several feet down the hall. In the decontamination chamber, she could see that the inner door had been smashed to pieces as well as blown up, and the enormous body of the giant worm blocked the way to the shaft room. Even if she wanted to go back down there, it wouldn't be possible. The corpse had to weigh several hundred pounds. Nitro stood guard outside the lab, staring at the dead monster.

"I grabbed a couple of Claymores when I was in the armory," said Mutt. "It doesn't pack quite the same punch as a satchel charge, but it's still pretty deadly, and the explosion won't blow back down the hall. Now that the doors have been breached, any detonation wouldn't be contained. I'll go plant one at the other end of the hall, just in case."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"That's right!" Sally said to Doc. "Besides, who's to say I would take advantage of this cast and put it up your ass?" Sally said with a light chuckle.
After she entered the lab, Sally went up to the MRE and beer and opened up both. She took a long pull off the beer; "Ahh. Now that tastes good." As she started on the MRE, she looked to Mutt and said: " Say, Mutt, do you mind if I poke around in the armory and look for a piece to accompany this baby?" she patted her pistol to punctuate the sentance. "At the very least I could use a few spare clips and ammo."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You should get some rest and chow down," Mutt told Sally as Doc led her into the medical lab. "I'll go get you another .45 and some extra mags from the armory. We've got some in there." He proceeded down the hall. First he took out a Claymore and positioned it in the blasted-open doorway to the decontamination chamber, which had been thoroughly ruined by the explosion. It took him a while, but eventually he armed and readied it. Then he unlocked the armory and went inside.

In the medical lab-
Doc helped Sally over to a cot and sat her down on it. "I'll bring you your grub," he said. "Just take a load off." He brought her the MRE and the beer. Her stomach rumbled. She hadn't eaten lunch. How long had it been since she'd had any food or drink at all? Hungrily, she tore open the packaging, popped the tab on the beer, and began to greedily devour them. "Don't forget to take those first two penicillin pills. Oh, and your X-Ray should be ready in another ten minutes or so."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Thanks, Doc" Sally said as she picked up the antibiotics. She rolled them over in her palm and inspected the rumbers tamped into the pills to make sure they were in fact antibiotics and not something else.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Sally[/b], roll Pharmacy.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
Sally could tell by the numbers on the pills that they were, in fact, penicillin.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sure that she was not being drugged, Sally downed the pills with a swig of beer and continued to eat the MRE.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
"Any time, Sally," said Doc. "Hold onto the rest of the pills. You'll take the next one tomorrow evening. Man, that worm monster is something else, huh? I've never seen anything like it before. I wonder what makes it tick. Maybe we can examine it later."

Mutt emerged from the armory and locked its door behind him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

" I think I've had enough of those worms for a long ass time, Doc, but I could assist you, I suppose. Any update on those xrays?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
"Should be about another seven minutes," said Doc, glancing at his watch. "I'll go check on them now." He returned to the darkroom while Sally continued her meal. As she did, she saw Mutt walking back up the hallway on his way back from the armory through the large window.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: can Sally look around for a scalpel again?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, just make another Spot Hidden roll to search.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally scanned the room again for a scalpel, however, she was not able to spot one.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
Sally still could not find any scalpels during her search of the lab. Mutt entered, holding a fully loaded Colt M1911A1 .45 automatic in a holster that could be clipped onto her belt and an additional 9 magazines for it. "Here ya go, Sally," he said, holding them out to her.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Thanks, Mutt" Sally said, putting down her MRE and taking the pistol and ammo. "Hopefully I won't be needing it, but you never know" she said with a smile."
Sally stood up and clipped the pistol to her belt and tucked away the extra magazines. "Well guys, I am nourished, casted and ready to go. What can I do to get to work and help out around here?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,You've been eating for less than ten minutes. Even as hungry as you were, you haven't actually finished your meal yet. If you examine [b]Fritz[/b]'s body some more, you don't need to roll Medicine again. You already rolled when you first looked at it, and that roll was also a critical success.
In the medical lab-
Sally clipped the holster onto her belt, and now she had a .45 on each hip. She placed the magazines into her utility belt's pouches and her pockets.

"You're very welcome, Sally," said Mutt. "If you like, I can show you around the place. You can finish eating while we walk and talk. I'm sure Doc has a bunch of stuff that needs doing too."

Doc emerged from the darkroom. "It'll be another five minutes before the X-Ray is done," he said. "You can give the corpse here a longer look if you like, but I'd recommend not eating while conducting an autopsy. We can also go take a look at that dead monster in the airlock, but again you might want to finish your meal first."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"I'll go ahead and take the tour while I finish my chow, then we can take a look at that dead worm in the airlock." Turning to Mutt: "I'm ready when you are"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
"Okay, let's go now," said Mutt. "We'll start in the pharmaceutical lab across the hall. Doc, you should come along too. You know more about it than I do."

Doc nodded and went with Sally and Mutt out the door and into the other lab.

In the pharmaceutical lab-
The lab tables were taken up by all sorts of apparatus: distelleries, burners, centrifuges, tubes, and more. A large refrigerator dating back to the 1960's stood at the back of the room, and shelves contained old scientific equipment and instruments which were covered with dust. There were also multiple fire extinguishers placed throughout the lab. "This is where I cook up the medicine we need," said Doc. "Some things, like the penicillin you've got, we obtained from outside, but I make a lot of what we use right here. You have to be careful in this room. A lot of the chemicals are volatile, and some are highly flammable as well. Absolutely no smoking anywhere near this lab. You have any pharmacological training, Sally?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”