IC-SWORD-The Lion's Den(Sally only)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Re: IC-SWORD-The Lion's Den(Sally only)

Post by ryansommer »

Sally hesitates for a brief moment, then follows Doc as quickly as she can.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the living quarters-
Doc and Sally hurried along down the hall and past the living quarters. "Well, at least you'll finally get to see more of this place," he told her, "though this will be a bit more rushed than the guided tour you were going to have."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Lead on" she said. Her mind raced through a thousand scenarios. She had to help these girls, but how?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the meeting room-
Sally followed Doc into the meeting room. Like the one in Deep Mole One, it had a large conference table surrounded by chairs. Unlike the other meeting room, this one was kept in pristine condition. There was an alcove off to the right, and she remembered that there had been a small kitchen area in this room's counterpart in the other facility. However, their course took them past it and toward the exit at the far end of the room.

"The elevator's this way," said Doc.
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], roll Idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

An idea comes to Sally as she follows Doc
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the lower hatch chamber-
Sally's mind raced as she followed Doc into the room beyond the meeting room. It was also identical to the one in Deep Mole One, but without the graffiti or the list of employees. Writing did say "Welcome to Deep Mole Two" on the tiles near the elevator. A shaft with a ladder on one side ascended to an upper level. Sally knew that brute force would never work against these guys, and she'd have to be subtle about how she went about her plans. She was badly outnumbered and outgunned, and she had a broken leg. If she blew her cover, they could kill her - or take her alive and add her to their harem. In a way, she regretted having given them the information they had needed to know that the worm was coming and to figure out a way destroy it. It would have made an ideal distraction had it lived, but if it had killed all of the skinheads she would have been hard-pressed to escape. Then she recalled how divisions had nearly doomed everyone at the T-Bone. Perhaps there was a way to use that as a weapon, to turn the skinheads against each other.

Doc got onto the elevator and held out his hand to Sally. She now saw him not just as a hated enemy and potential obstacle, but also as a possible tool to be manipulated. She had an opportunity to talk to him alone now, without the others present. But how could she use him? How much could she open up to him without running a terrible risk?
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], roll Psychology.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

As Sally had some time to think, she recalled some of her psycology training from school.

"You know, Doc, you're alright. I'm glad you are down here with me" Sally said with a smile.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the lower hatch chamber-
"Thanks, Sally," said Doc, helping her aboard the elevator. "I'm real glad y'all are here too. You're even better than all right." He pushed the switch that caused the elevator to rise. It was a much shorter trip than the elevator ride up from the tunnels had been, and soon they reached the top.

In the upper hatch chamber-
This room looked just like the hatch room in Deep Mole One. The hatch, which was open, had the same warning notice and window of bulletproof glass, and it also could be locked or unlocked from above - but not from below. Sally couldn't help thinking of the possibilities. If all or most of the skinheads were below at the same time, she might be able to seal them in - as long as nobody who was still above opened the hatch to let them out. Two metal doors led out from the chamber, one of them closed and the other open.

"That's the generator room," said Doc, indicating the closed door. Then he started for the open one. "This way leads into the rest of the facility. It was apparently designed to be a radar station originally. The lab appears to have been added later. Let's keep moving."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Do you like it here, Doc? I mean, you seem different that the rest of the men down there. Umm... not different, but kinder. Nicer."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the upper hatch chamber-
"Thanks, Sally," said Doc. "Yeah, I guess I am. Some of these guys are real rough around the edges, and a few can be downright bastards. I'm all right since I stay on their good sides and do my job well. I don't agree with everything they do here, but I suppose I'm not really cut out to be a leader. I don't have the military training that Mutt does, so I didn't push matters when he wanted command of this place after he returned without Horst, Buzz, or Flip."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the control room-
Doc led Sally through the open door into a large room filled with dozens of workstations in cubicles. Each one had a desk with an uncomfortable chair and a powered-down radar screen. "This was intended to be a radar station," he said. "At least, that's Hitch's best guess. They never finished it, so none of this stuff actually works. Don't know if it would any more anyhow; it's got to be near fifty years old by now." He pointed to an open doorway on the opposite side of the room. "This way, Sally. We'll be there soon."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Okay, lead on," Sally said as she followed Doc. She liked the idea of locking the others down below, but she's have to be careful about it since they had explosives down there and may be able to blow the hatch if needed.
"Rough around the edges is an understatement, Doc. Some of those guys seem like real bastards. Not you, though. I don't know what I would do if you weren't here."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the control room-
"Thanks, Sally," said Doc. "I try to be the voice of reason around here. Don't worry, I'm not going to let anything happen to you." He led her onward.

In the shower room-
The next room was a large area with many shower stalls, similar to the one she had seen in Deep Mole One. Another doorway led out of the other end of the room into a hallway. "These are the showers," said Doc. "The hall up ahead has a bunch of rooms originally intended for storage." He looked down at his feet before continuing. "They've been converted into small bedrooms. Horst has, uh, been keeping a stable of women here. I guess you gathered that from what you heard on the radio. I never touched those girls myself, though."
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally hoped her utter revulsion at what Doc had told her was outwardly apparent. The actions of Horst were utterly disgusting. She she ran with Doc, she tried to pick up any outward
sounds she could.
" A stable of women?" Sally questioned and looked at Doc a little saddened. "Doc, is that all women are to you too?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the shower room-
Sally could hear women's voices from ahead. A couple of them were talking in a foreign language, and a third voice hissed in accented English: "Shh! Someone is coming!" There were a few more whispered words from the first two voices, and then silence.

"No, of course not, Sally!" protested Doc. "I adore women, and you're the finest lady I've ever met. You mean the world to me. I never approved of what Horst was doing. Maybe things will change now that we're under new management." He led the way onwards.

In the corridor-
The corridor that Doc and Sally passed through had eight featureless metal doors, four on each side. It opened up into a room with a desk at the other end. "Hitch should be right through here," said Doc as he continued down the hall. Sally could hear people moving around in the room ahead, but she couldn't see them yet.
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], roll Know to identify the language and the accent.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally looked around and gently grabbed Doc's arm and pulled him to a stop. "Doc, I knew you would never condone anything like this. I just knew it. You're too gentle of a soul. I don't think things will change with Mutt at the helm. I've seen the way he looks at me. He looks me up and down like a piece of meat. Not like the way you look at me; kindly and lovingly." Sally stared into his eyes and leaned into him as she said the last sentence.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the corridor-
Sally recognized the language as Spanish, and the third woman's accent was Russian.

Doc put his arms comfortingly around Sally, gazing into her eyes. "I do love you, Sally," he said. "I thought I'd never find a woman who could make me feel the way you do." He kissed her quickly on the lips. "I wish we had more time to be alone together, but we have to help Hitch first. Mutt's probably with him in the next room. We'll talk more about this later, when we have some privacy." He took her arm and walked out of the corridor with her.
OOC,[b]Sally[/b], you're now moving to the following thread.
Medical Emergency
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”