IC-SWORD-The Lion's Den(Sally only)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 1 month

Re: IC-SWORD-The Lion's Den(Sally only)

Post by ryansommer »

"The burm marks make sense now that I think of it. The thing grabbed people and ate them. It must have simply digested them with it's body and absorbed their nutrients." Sally grimmaced as she thought about it. Knowing she needed to get fixed up and ready to roll if the worm came back, Sally decided it best to hurry things along.
"Lets clean this wound real quick, then I'll get cleaned up in the bath before we fully bandage and cast my leg. What do you think?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
"I agree," said Doc, taking out some rubbing alcohol and a wipe, "that sounds like an excellent plan." He began to rub the alcohol gently on Sally's injured leg. It stung a little, but after the pain she had already endured it was as nothing.

Mutt returned to the lab's entrance. "I just checked, and the door on the far end wouldn't open while this one was open. I decided to leave the door on this side as it is for now. That'll keep anyone hostile from getting in, and if any of those creatures like you encountered try to smash through the far door one of us can dog the near one quick. When Nitro gets here he can take over guard duty. He may be a little while getting here, since we're pretty far down. If he's out on a ghoul hunt, it'll take even longer, but he should still get here before you're done."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally looked over to the tub, and looked to see if a curtain surrounded it for her bath.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
The washtub was out in the open underneath the emergency shower. No curtain surrounded it, as it was meant to be used in the event of accidental exposure to hazardous materials. The tub itself was about a foot and a half high with no rim to speak of, and it was big enough that Sally could either sit or lean back comfortably in it. The water was filling it quickly, and it would be nearly full in a few minutes.

Doc finished washing and disinfecting Sally's wound and the area around it. The discoloration was now no longer even visible. "There, that's all taken care of," he said. "I'll prepare the materials for your cast while you're bathing."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Doc, do you have any curtains or anything to put around the tub?" Sally asked, as she gingerly hopped off the table.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
Doc took Sally by the arm and walked her over to the tub. "Curtains?" he said. "The only curtains in here are the darkroom curtains. The tub's too big to fit in there, and I can't remove the curtain without ruining the X-Rays." He pulled out a chair and helped her sit down on it. The tub was more than two-thirds full now. "I know, I can slide the lead screen over this way. It's on wheels. It'll block off this corner of the lab and give you a little privacy."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"That would be great, Doc." Sally said with a smile. "Could I get a towel or two as well?"
Once the screen was in place and the tub full, Sally began to disrobe. Making sure she wasn't being watched, she removed her pistol from her waist band and laid it within reach, on a table or the floor, then covered it with her shirt. She slid her pants off, wadded them up and discarded them. She slid into the tub with her undergarments on to make sure anyone who snuck a peek did not get too much of a thrill. Once submerged, she took off her panties and bra and gave them a quick scrub in the soapy water before wringing them out well and laying them to dry. The hot water and soap felt amazing and for a moment, she forgot about all the terrible that surrounded her.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Those actions will take more than one turn, but since you're the only PC in this section right now that's okay. I'll have to insert some stuff in between those actions, but it should all even out.
In the medical lab-
Doc smiled back as he crossed the lab and began to wheel the heavy lead screen over. "We haven't got any towels in here," he said, "but I can give you a couple of clean linen sheets that should work just as well." He slid the screen diagonally a short distance past the tub, leaving enough of a gap between it and the walls that someone could walk around on either side. There was still the glass window in the screen, but Sally was confident that anyone looking through wouldn't be able to see beneath the surface of the water. Doc checked the water level as the washtub continued to fill. "You might as well get undressed now. It'll be full by the time you're done." He saw her hesitation. "It's okay, you can take off your clothes in front of me. I'm a doctor, remember?" He paused. "I guess you're shy. That's all right, but you're going to need help getting in and out of the tub with your leg broken. You can't risk slipping, or you could make it worse. Tell you what. Why don't you take off your clothes while I'm getting the things for your bath, but you can leave your underwear on until I help you get in. Then you can take it off after I walk back around the screen."

Doc walked beyond the screen. Once he was gone, Sally removed her shoes and stripped off her blouse and what little remained of her slacks. She placed the gun between the wall and the tub and lay her top over it while just tossing her shorts on the floor out in the open. A minute later, Doc returned with two neatly folded white sheets, a sponge, a small washcloth, and a bar of soap, which he placed neatly beside the tub. It was now nearly full, so he shut off the shower to keep it from getting so high that the water would overflow once she was inside. "Don't worry, Sally," he said. "I'll be a perfect gentleman, and I'll try to refrain from mentioning how beautiful you are." He slipped one arm beneath her knees and supported her back with the other, then carefully lifted her off of the chair and eased her slowly into the bath in a sitting position. "I'll leave you to it, then. Call me if you need anything, or when you're ready to get out. I'll let you know when the X-Rays are done and when Nitro gets here with your food and clothes.

Doc then went back around the screen once more. Now that Sally had privacy and was in the water, she slipped out of her undergarments, washed them, and laid them out to dry next to the tub. The water was hot, but not too hot, and it soothed her aching muscles as it permeated her pores. It was exactly what she needed. She wished she could just stay there forever.

"So, Sally, why don't you tell me about yourself?" called Doc from the other side of the screen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Well, there is not much to say, actually. I'm a small town girl who wanted to get out and see the world. I saved up and went to nursing school and as soon as I graduated, I stared hopping around the country taking nursing jobs at various hospitals. After traveling for a bit, I decided that the small town life i was running from was actually what I loved most. You know how it is in big cities. All affirmative action and political correctness. Good old honest, small towns is where it's at. What about you?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
"I hear you," said Doc. "I'm from Atlanta myself, so I know what you mean about big cities. My family has always been one of proud Southerners, and my great-great-great-great-grandfather was Confederate General D. H. Hill. My life as a doctor was going rather well until the day I refused to treat a black man who didn't have insurance. He ended up dying that night, but nothing about his condition had seemed life-threatening. That probably wasn't even what killed him. If he'd been white nothing probably would have come of it, but his family got some fancy pants ACLU lawyer from New York named Goldberg and sued the hospital, claimed I violated his civil rights or some such. Eventually they settled and the hospital threw me under the bus. I lost my medical license, and that's when I started traveling myself. It's interesting how much we have in common, Sally. I've seen a lot of this great country of ours, but I couldn't find a state that would allow me to practice medicine legally. I was blackballed everywhere I went. I came to Nebraska because I thought I was finally going to catch a break and get a medical license, but they pulled the rug out from under me at the last second. I know it was because of what happened in Atlanta. I had hit bottom and was out of funds, and that's when I met Horst and Buzz. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse. They needed someone with medical skills, someone who could mix pharmaceuticals for them, someone who would treat a gunshot wound without asking questions. I needed to be a doctor again. I figured it would be like that movie with David Duchovny, you know. It's taken a lot of getting used to living here, but I think it was worth it. If I hadn't been here, I never would have gotten the chance to meet you."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Whoah, whoah. Slow down there, Doc." Sally said. "If you weren't here, you would be out there and would probably be dead. I am another soldier in this army. Just like everyone else."
Sally was finished bathing and asked Doc: "So, do we have an ETA on those clothes?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
"Yeah, you're right," said Doc. "We'd both probably be dead if we weren't here. This is the only safe place for a long, long ways. Hey, Mutt, when are those clothes getting here?"

"I'll find out!" Mutt shouted back from the lab entrance. "Nitro, what's your twenty? Over?" He paused. "Nitro just entered from the surface. He should be down here with the clothes and food in another five or ten minutes."

"By then the X-Rays ought to be done too. I've got family back in Atlanta. I don't know how far this thing has spread, so I don't know what's happened to them. I had a girlfriend there too, but she up and left me after I lost my license. She ran off with my best friend and the dog - pretty much every country music cliche in the book. I'm better off without her anyway. You got anyone out there, Sally? Family, a boyfriend?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Hearing the clothes are 10 min off, Sally decides to enjoy the bath while she can. "Well, I am not sure if they are out there anymore. I've got my parents and brother back in my home town, I can only hope they are okay. As for a boyfriend, well.... I travel too much for that."

Sally makes sure her pistol is within easy reach should things go bad.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
By dangling her arm over the side of the washtub, Sally was able to ensure that she could snatch up her pistol at a moment's notice.

"I hope your family is all right too," said Doc. "At least in a small town they'll have a better chance. What's happening is a lot worse in big cities. Yet another strike against them. I know exactly where you're coming from since I'm a traveling man myself. I haven't had a steady girl since I left Atlanta. I all but gave up hope of ever finding someone, especially once everything started going to hell this morning. Now that you're here, though, maybe we both have a chance. Do you believe in destiny, Sally?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Doc, don't you think it's more than a little premature to start thinking about things like that? Survival is all we need to be thinking about. Making it through the next hour is about as far ahead as I'm thinking right now. Once I do that, I try and get though the next one alive. We are at end of times right now. Sure, we may be safe down there now, but there is more out there than the zombies. We've got flesh eating blobs and big ass worms that can burrow through stone. Chances are, one, if not both, will show up here too and when they do, we'll be right back to chaos and survival."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
"They can burrow through stone?" asked Doc, alarmed. "Yeah, I guess you're right. I've been thinking we were safe here, but that's a good point. We do need to stay focused. Hopefully we'll both survive long enough to get to know each other. You saw the blob and the giant worm. What else can you tell us about them that could help us defend against them? How many of each did you see? What are their capabilities, and do you know of any weaknesses they have?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Well, I spent most of my time running, to be honest. Let's see.... the blob seemed to be hurt most by fire and acid and such. If you have any strong acid in the lab here or anywhere, you should probably get it ready and maybe even handed out to the men here in the event of an attack. As for the worm, I have no idead of any weakensses it may have. It was big and strong and could burrow through the stone rather quickly. I'd think that heavy weapons would be most effective against it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

In the medical lab-
"We've got some acid stored in the other lab," said Doc. "As for heavy weapons, we've got plenty of those. Explosives should be effective too. I hope those creatures don't come up here, but we'll need to be ready for them if they do. This is the first time I've ever heard of anything like them. They must have been living extremely deep underground all along, and have probably only showed themselves because of today's events. I wonder if there's some connection."

"I'll go get the good stuff out of the armory," called Mutt from the lab entrance. His footsteps walked away.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Sally relaxed a bit as he left the room, how the hell did you get yourself into this mess, Sally. More importantly, how the hell are you going to get youself out of it? she thought to herself.

Once Doc returned to the lab, "I am not sure if they are connected or not but there was some creazy shit going on in the caves under these complexes. Some real freaky shit. I am not sure that they were doing down there, but I think they were doing some very deep earth probing or something. When we were down there, we heard this terrible chanting that seemed to permiate the cavern. Really spooky shit, now that I think about it. At the time is was just unnerving as we were fleeing the walking dead and a blob monster, but now that I think about it, it was bad down there. Maybe they are all related"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Doc[/b] hasn't gone anywhere. It was [b]Mutt[/b] who headed for the armory.
In the medical lab-
"Yeah, that makes as much sense as anything does," said Doc. "I wonder how far those tunnels go. We haven't actually explored them, and we didn't even know they connected to the T-Bone until Hammond told Horst. Do you know how far what's happening has spread? Heard anything about what's happening in the rest of the country, and the world?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”