OOC-Chapter 4-The Longest Day-General Discussion

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

OOC-Chapter 4-The Longest Day-General Discussion

Post by Mr. Handy »

This is the thread where we'll post anything that's completely Out Of Character, whether it's game-related questions that can be asked in public or simply out-of-game chatting. Anything that involves your characters' secrets or any information that you'd rather not share with everyone can be sent to me in a PM. You can also include OOC comments or questions in your In Character posts - just use the spoiler or spoiler-button tags. You'll see how to do it when I put instructions in the Rules and Guidelines thread or when you see me use it in the IC threads. You would do this if you want to say or ask something about what's going on in that particular thread.

Remember that if you're playing in this game, you are only allowed to read the threads that have your characters in them, and only the portions of those threads posted while your characters are present. The title of each IC post will indicate which characters are involved, and the Current Location thread also has this information along with a thread history, but you can ask here if you're uncertain which thread you're supposed to be in. When characters move between threads, I'll indicate which new threads they go to and post links in their old threads that you can follow.

I have a bit of time tonight, so I'm going to begin making initial posts for the IC threads. Once you see a thread with one of your characters in it, you can go ahead and read it, and then make a post when you're ready. There are still a couple of people I haven't heard from, but they can jump in at any time. Generally, you can only perform one major action between my major updates (participating in a combat round, moving from one location to another, and so on). However, you are usually free to carry out conversations with each other's characters and with NPCs that span multiple posts if I haven't done a major update yet. I will sometimes do minor updates where I show the results of one or more characters' rolls or have an NPC respond or react to something your character says or does. Characters who haven't acted yet can still do so, but if you've already acted you should only do simple actions like speaking until a major update is posted. If you're in the middle of combat your characters won't have time to go on chatting all day, of course. I'll let you know if you're in a non-combat situation where you have little time to speak.

I'm going to start with Sword (which only has one character), and then Gold. Well, let's get started! Have fun!
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Re: OOC-Chapter 4-The Longest Day-General Discussion

Post by ryansommer »

It's good to have this start again!
Wow, it looks like I used up all of this chapters impale rolls for my skill checks. Just my dumb luck :)
Here are my skill checks:
Emily Montrose:
Emily wasa ble to increase three of her skills.
Psycology +8. Persuade +10 and Psycoanalysis +2

Sally the Traveling Nurse
What happens if I tie the skill in a skill check for increaing it? I rolled my dodge number exactly. Sally increases four, possibly 5 skills.
Psychoanalysis + 1, Listen +10, Spot Hidden +7, Medicine +1

Frank Hodges
Frank increses two of his skills
Spot Hidden +1, Hide +6

Keith Deeds
Keith was only able to increase one of his skills.
Spot Hidden +10
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Welcome back! I'll update your character sheets shortly. Rolling your skill exactly normally counts as a success, but when rolling for skill increases you need to fail the roll, so getting your skill exactly does not increase it, unfortunately. Sally's Dodge remains at 32, but on the bright side she does get that Psychoanalysis boost after rolling one higher than it. It's too bad that it only goes up by one point again, but you do have some good increases in there.

EDIT: Sally's Medicine score does not increase either, as the roll was much lower than her skill. You only rolled 1 for the increase anyway, so you're not missing out on much.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years

Post by ryansommer »

I don't know what the heck I was looking at for the medicine roll. Sorry about that.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

No biggie, it's all sorted out now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 4 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Mr Handy,
i have a quick question and this will allow me to learn how to use the spolier-button anyway.

So here we go:
Mr Handy,Colin Lewis went insane last time seeing the worm. He saw more horror in a hour then should be good for a person and so therefore there was going to be some penalty permanint insanty that was going to occur and that you were going to tell me about but you never did. So what is the insanity?
That is so COOL!
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yeah, I love the new spoiler buttons. Everyone should use them.

For those characters who went indefinitely insane in Chapter 3, I'll be sending out details of the insanity in PMs along with the secrets for new characters.
Mr. Zombie killer,Yeah, Colin Lewis is very, very nuts. He's down to 11 Sanity, which is the lowest anyone has gotten in this game so far. He's not permanently insane (that happens when you hit 0 Sanity), but he is indefinitely insane and his mental illness will last for months, though it can be suppressed for a day by Psychoanalysis. Thanks for reminding me about the indefinite insanity. I had forgotten about it during the break between chapters.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

darnit me and my big mouth! :P
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Tabs »

This is a practice.......[Spoiler-Button]Lookin' forward to starting in Omaha.[/Spoiler-Button]
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Try again
Hey!,OK
Last edited by Tabs on Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Tabs whiffs on the punching attempt and the zombie eats his fist then starts in on his brains. :P
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

:oops:
Alex Tru
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Alex Tru »

I never knew a dog could have such a large secret.
Alex Tru,Hey! Your not me your you! Unless you are me in which case continue on.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

There are now threads up for all Omaha characters that are currently being played. I plan to get the others started at some point during the week, but that's when I have the least time. I also want to get a map of the school drawn up for everyone as soon as I can, but that will probably have to wait until next weekend, as will a major update for Omaha. Keep in mind that there's only so much you can do between major updates, especially in terms of movement from one place to another, but feel free to talk to other characters in your location in the meantime. Tonight I plan post another major update for Sword and Juno, but that's all I have time for right now. I hope you'll all be patient and bear with me. The pace will be a little slow starting out, but it should pick up as we get into the swing of things.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

MR Handy,
After months of juggling life and being a keeper in a small game like Weekend, my hats off to you sir! 50+ characters? 20 or so different threads? Mein God man!
-steve
beertender
Layman
Layman

Post by beertender »

I know im the newb around here, But yeah...damn...what zombie killer said..This is freaking awsome....great job.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks! There are actually over 70 characters, though that number is highly likely to decrease... :twisted:

I did just make a post in Sudden Death Overtime describing what's there.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kabukiman
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kabukiman »

It's good to be back in action! I hope to enjoy as much as the other chapter. I was tempted to play another dog (rof! rof!), but I will stay with 3 characters
Alex Tru
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Post by Alex Tru »

I don't know how you manage all the characters, threads and actions. It must be like writing a book. Great Job! :D
I noticed that you made a small typo in one of the thread titles. You wrote "IC-OMAHA-Schhol's Out Forever(Megan/Heather/Sunny)".

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”