IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Victor could not hear anything that was being said on the far side of the roof. So he walked over to Alfredo and Emily wanting to protect her and Lauren. Once there he said, "Is Alfredo telling you about his days as the Icepick? Yeah he is an enforcer for Joey Milano of the Milano crime family. That's Joey over there. Also here is Hector Sanchez who was in the same prison gang as me in prison. He is serving 20 years for a brutal home invasion. Oh that handsome man over there is Duncan Jergens aka the Lincoln Slasher who is waiting leathel injection. He murdered at least six women in the 1990's. The nervous guy is Harvey Bennish, he is an accountant who is in for embezzlement and is protected by Milano. That big guy is Bruno Sturgis who is an arsonist with repeat offenses. So all in all a very good group of people to keep with us tonight. I mean I am a crimminal scumbag but I made a mistake and I paid my dues. These guys except maybe for Harvey are unreformed crimminals."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,The other four newcomers are the only ones still below. Those of you at the back of the roof can only hear what [b]Victor[/b] is saying if you succeed at a Listen roll. [b]Kathryn[/b], [b]Emily[/b], and [b]Lauren[/b] are at the front of the roof, so they automatically hear everything.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Cynthia just quietly watched and waited.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Getting anxiously impatient, Marcus said to the others, "Maybe we should haul the ladder up and just lower it again when they come to climb up? I feel awful exposed like this. We put a lot of effort blocking all the doors, only to leave the ladder down so the crazies can just climb right up."
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by ryansommer »

Emily sat there in silence thinking to herself 'Well isn't this just fucking great.' before speaking: "Well, it's good to meet you all. Normally I'd be concerned with all of your pasts, however, we all have worse things to worry about. Worse things like, oh, you know, man eating zombies."
"You all haven't just come here by coincidence now, have you? What really brings all of you out here?"
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years

Post by kouchpotato »

Richard facepalms and pulls out his gun. Uh, Victor, perhaps that wasn't the best course of action. Eh, what the hell. He aims the gun at Joey. These fine fellows offered us a cut of the "loot" as they so elegantly put it if we'd help kill you all and rob the place. Me and Victor were planning on telling you discreetly later, so we didn't all die in a hail of gunfire, but I suppose beggars can't be choosers.
Mr. Handy,do I have to take a fast talk/persuade check?
Last edited by kouchpotato on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Well shit. Looks like things are going to get interesting, eh?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat standing a few paces away from Alfredo shines the flash light at the large man and gets a double fix on him with the 9mm. Both arms outstretched. "Guess I shoulda trust my instincts!", she says to herself and releases the safety.

Handy:
Spoiler:
That is if she hears the commotion and is within range of the guy. I got the impression she was quite close to Alfredo...
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Kathryn[/b] is indeed right next to [b]Alfredo[/b]. It's not clear where [b]Richard[/b] is, as he needs to be close enough to the front to hear [b]Victor[/b], but [b]Joey[/b] is at the back of the roof. If he went all the way to the front, it would be long range, so I'll say he's in the middle. Yes, a Fast Talk roll would be called for here. There is really no time for Persuade. [b]Joey[/b] already passed a Fast Talk roll earlier to convince [b]Ho[/b] that he's okay, so you'll need to succeed to have any chance of convincing him - but even then it's not a sure thing. By the way, it's [b]Hector Salazar[/b], not [b]Sanchez[/b]. [b]Emily[/b] and [b]Kathryn[/b], roll History to see if you've heard of any of these people. The base skill is 20%.
On the roof-
The bald Hispanic man with the tattoos and the shotgun reached the top of the ladder and stood on the roof. He glared at Marcus. Though he was a head shorter, he didn't seem intimated. "What was that about pulling up the ladder, holmes?" he said.

Joey's pistol was already in his hand, but he didn't point it at anyone. "He's lying," he said. "He does that. He's a big-time con artist and identity thief, and he was doing hard time before he and his buddy Victor - a convicted armed robber, I might add - escaped from jail. We made no such offer to these guys, and we're not here to rob any of you. Hell, we didn't even talk to this clown. Just remember who pulled a gun and who didn't."

"Everyone, settle down!" shouted Ho Nguyen. "Stop pointing guns! My store, my rules! We talk this out."

Kyle hurried over across the roof toward where Alfredo and the women were. He was about halfway across, close to where Richard stood.

At the back of the roof, Alfredo raised his arms, lifting his rifle above his head. "Easy there, Ms. McCoy," he said. "I'd never hurt you or your friends. Joey, Harv, and I are innocent. Harvey's never hurt anyone in his life. We're victims of overzealous federal agents and an Irish prosecutor who has a thing against Italians. Just because we know some guys who know some guys and we're successful Italian-Americans, people assume we're mobsters. It's all guilt by association. We were all in the big house together, including Victor here. Now some of the other guys may be bad apples, but they won't hurt you gals, not while Joey and I are around to keep 'em in line. They respect us because of our reputation. Can't say the same for Victor. He ain't reformed. He escaped from jail just today, and he killed some guys on his way out."

Lauren looked back and forth in increasing alarm, then looked at her mother for guidance.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Mr. Handy,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2154746/]Roll of 39 vs skill of 100. Pass![/url]
Richard points his gun at Joey. Shut up before I put a hole in that ugly mug of yours. Funnily enough I don't feel safe around a convicted serial killer, a hitman, a mob boss and his cronies. Now, drop the gun before I drop you.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"Toss the rifle, slowly, to your right, Alfredo!" Kat keeps her aim. "We´ll sort this out when I feel more comfortable. I´ve had too many encounters with people who say nothing bad will happen, lately... "

To the other conversation on the roof, she adds, "Yes, we have bigger problems than past crimes and history. But if we are to get out of here, still kicking, we have to have survival as our primary objective. I don´t want anyone to hijack my getting to WAFB. That goes for Victor and Richard too!"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Richard keeps his gun trained on Joey. Well, if we don't deal with these pricks the only place you'll be going is wherever they throw your corpse after they rob, rape and kill everyone.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Being a psycologist with a popular radio show had is uses, apparently. Emily was able to recall that she had heard of these people before.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor kept his gun in his hand but did not train it on anyone yet. "Richard calm down. Lets not do anything that we may regret. All I want is for these girls to be protected and the best way for that is for these clowns to leave. Hell I will even tell them where the money from the ATM heist is. It does not matter to me anymore."
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Richard shouts back to Victor. They want us to come with them. You really think they'll let us live when they get what they want? I don't, and I'm not going to get shot.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus didn't wait for permission... since no one seemed to care about the ladder. He hauled it up and put it back down into the hole through the roof.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily lets out a sigh: "Is this really all about money? With all this going on out there" Emily sweeps her hands in front of her, across the horizon, "you guys are really thinking about money?" Emily shakes her head. "Do you really think money has any value now? The world has changed, people. The only thing with value now is the skills you have and work you can do. Once all of this craziness is over, the few remaining pockets of civilization will have no use for money other than to start cooking fires!"
Emily lets out another sigh of resignation. "Well, it was nice to meet you all. I'll let you guys work out your issues, my kids and I are going to see about keeping our asses alive for the next hour."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Not so fast there, [b]Marcus[/b]. The newcomers [i]are[/i] climbing the ladder, and you can't just pick it up. The bald man with the tattoos just reached the top (see my last update), and if you really want to try to raise the ladder you'll have to get past him to do it. The next guy will also start climbing the ladder before you can reach it even if you could manage that.
On the roof-
"Not so fast," said the bald man at the top of the ladder, crossing his arms and holding his ground when Marcus approached. "You're not leaving my compadres stuck down there!"

"Stay cool, Hector," said Joey, turning back to Richard and Ho. "I'm sure we can work this out. Will you listen to this guy, Mr. Nguyen? I'm no mob boss, I'm a legitimate businessman. I'm not the one pointing guns at people and threatening them. If you send us out there into the night, that's a death sentence."

Ho nodded, clearly swayed by his words. "I am legitimate businessman too," he said.

"You and I are a lot alike, Mr. Nguyen. Now will you please get this liar to put down his gun before someone gets hurt?"

"Richard, you know rules, and you breaking them now! Put down gun, or I kick you out! I warn you earlier. You defend your friend Victor and say it not matter that he criminal and I give him second chance, then you attack my new guests and call them criminals. Ms. Kathryn, you lower gun too! Marcus, leave ladder alone and let these people up."

The handsome man in his forties reached the top of the ladder and stood next to Hector. "Everything okay up here?"

"Mom's right," said Lauren on the other end of the roof. She put a comforting hand on Kathryn's uninjured shoulder. "Please, Kathryn, don't shoot him. You might get shot too, or at least kicked out of here, and I don't want to lose you. You're like the sister I've always wanted. I've been an only child all my life. I guess Mom thought I was too much of a handful to have another kid." She says this with a grin to let Emily know she's kidding. "I've already lost my dad. I don't want to lose you too. As long as you're alive, I know he didn't die for nothing."

Kyle came over and joined them. "Why is everyone so angry?" he asked. "Can't we all just be friends?"

"I'd like to be friends," said Alfredo. He remained motionless. "I will protect all of you, but I need my rifle to do it. If I give it up, I'm as good as dead. Lauren is right. Family is the most important thing there is."

As they spoke, Emily recalled that she had heard some of those names before.
Emily Montrose,[b]Emily[/b] remembered hearing about the Milano crime family, based in Lincoln, Nebraska. Several years ago, the family's leadership had been indicted and tried for their organized crime activities. They were convicted on multiple counts and sentenced to decades in jail, primarily due to the testimony of a Milano associate who had testified against them in exchange for immunity and protection. [b]Joey[/b] and [b]Michael Milano[/b] were the leaders and got the harshest sentences. [b]Alfredo Bocelli[/b], also known as [b]Icepick[/b], was one of their capos and their best hitman, responsible for killing over a dozen members of rival crime syndicates, most of them with an icepick (hence his nickname). She remembered that [b]Jack[/b] had mentioned the case, as he had been studying it while representing a client accused of mob involvement in Chicago a few years ago. She had also heard of [b]Duncan Jergens[/b], the Lincoln Slasher. He had been a medical student in the mid-1990s who had terrorized Lincoln for eighteen months before finally being captured. He was cut from the same cloth as Ted Bundy, using his charm and good looks to lull women into a false sense of security while appearing in need of their help. He had been convicted of murdering six women with a scalpel, and the police had found the murder weapon in his home.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Richard keeps his gun on Joey and shakes his head. I'm sorry Mr. Ho, I can't do that. There's a big difference between fraud and and multiple murders. Emily, do you feel safe with the Lincoln Slasher around your daughter? Mr. Ho, do you think these guys will give a shit about killing us all in cold blood? And Joey, if you don't drop that gun right now, you're going to die.
Last edited by kouchpotato on Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor kept his hand on his weapon but kept it down for now. "Mr. Ho. I respect you. But you cannot be expected to listen to this creep. Now I have a deal for you. If you kick them out now then Richard and I will leave in the morning as we have defended this place and earned the right to stay. Ask Marcus or Emily. I am sure they have heard of these guys before. Hell ask Helen. She most likly reads newspapers. We are not lying. So what do you say?"

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”