IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years

Re: IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

Post by kouchpotato »

Richard thinks for a minute. Hey, they came in that pickup truck, right? And Kat has that radio-helmet, right? Maybe there's like a CB radio or something in the truck we could contact her with and tell her what's what.
OOC,shit, sorry, I'm an idiot. Apparently early in the morning my reading comprehension is awful =P
Last edited by kouchpotato on Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

"Lets go see" Victor said. He began to walk over to the Humvee.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Emily, Kat, Lauren and Kyle came in a pickup truck. Kat is wearing one of the helmets and was talking to you two so I am sure you saw her wearing it.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus smiled to Emily and accepted the garbage bag. He nodded as he repeated, "One hour at a time. We'll get through it." He turned aside and started working his way into the garbage bag poncho ... but even the large bag was tight on his large frame. For a few moments he fought with it trying to suck in his sides and make himself longer... but nothing seemed to help. Eventually, the strain was too much for it and the garbage bag ripped further down the arm holes and gave him the freedom of movement to pull it all the way on.

When he was done, he exhaled and shook his head. "Shouldn't have had that second helpin' of dumplin's this afternoon."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Kudos to ryansommer for having [b]Emily[/b] remember her loved ones! It is sometimes hard to remember that your characters should be thinking of and wondering about the people who mean the most to them. In Ash, my characters Sarah and Lionel Carpenter were constantly thinking about each other, but in other games it has slipped my mind.
Behind the store-
"Ladies first," said Kyle to Cynthia. He held the ladder for her while she climbed up to the roof.

"Those guys are sure taking their time getting back here with that car," said the nervous-looking man with glasses.

"Well, I don't hear the engine, Harvey," said Joey. "They can't have gone too far."

On the roof-
Cynthia reached the top of the ladder and joined Helen and Ho Nguyen at the back of the roof.

"Thanks, mom!" said Lauren, taking the makeshift poncho and slipping it on. "We'll get through this, you'll see. It'll be just like the Gilmore Girls - only with zombies." She hurried to the front of the roof.

"Jeez," said Alfredo to Kathryn. "That creep do that to your arm? Who is he and what does he look like? I ever see him, I'll plug him for ya."

Lauren bounded up to join them. "Hi, Kathryn!" she said, holding out the flashlight. "Here, you've got a free hand and you're keeping an eye out at this end, so you should have this. Mom has the other one."

Alfredo looked down at Victor and Richard in the parking lot below. "Hey, what's keeping you guys?!" he called. "It's dangerous to stay down there too long!"

In front of the store-
Victor and Richard quickly realized that the pickup truck was nowhere in sight. It, and all of the vehicles except for their Lincoln, had already been moved behind the store.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Richard looks back to Alfredo. Hang on, we thought we heard something! He turns back to Victor. Whatever man, I hate to say this but it's us or them. And, as much as I like these people, there's not much we could do. Even if we convince them, people will still die. Let's just jump in the car and drive. We'll get a decent head start, and honestly, it'll take them a few minutes to make it down. And maybe the others will get suspicious about them chasing us.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat accepts the flash light and shines the beam down the distant darkness, trailing the light with her 9mm.
To Alfredo, she replies, "As I said, he breathes no more. If you´re carrying, get your piece ready! We´ll most certainly have company tonight. And these dead heads are quick SOBs..." She moved sideways to the right along the roof putting a few arm lengths between herself and the newcomer.
Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily couldn't help but to chuckle and smile at her daughters resiliance. "Gilmore girls with zombies?" she said laughingly and shook her head.
Moving towards the group of new comers, Emily smiles and says: "We go the introductions out of the way but what about you all? What brings all of you here? Where did you meet up? How'd you survive? Any news from the greater world?"
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus moved over toward the ladder and used his own flashlight to look around for the infected wandering about in the darkness. "Sure wish they'd bark or somethin' before they come-a-runnin' up on us."
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"As much as I want to do that....we stand no chance in the dark against the creatures. Its up to you if you want to do that then lets go but we are asking for our death either way. I say we stay till morning then I can lead the guys on a merry chase and perhaps kill a few off on the way to even the odds." Victor got into the passanger side of the Lincoln.
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Richard climbs into the Lincoln's driver's seat. He puts the keys into the ignition, but doesn't turn it on right away. Okay. So, we pretend to be nice, try to warn the others and if all else fails kill the sons of bitches in their sleep before inevitable eating a bullet or two dozen. He turns it on and starts to drive to the back of the car, planning on parking in such a way that they could make a good getaway.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Kathryn[/b] already gave her helmet to [b]Kyle[/b], who is still wearing it.
Behind the store-
The group gathered around the base of the ladder heard the sound of the Lincoln approaching. "See, told you everything was all right," said Joey. He scaled the ladder while Victor and Richard parked the car so that it could be pulled out in a hurry.

On the roof-
"We came from the Lincoln area," said Alfredo. He watched the darkness around the store, but no threats showed themselves. "Joey, Harv, and I were already together, and we joined up with the others. The city was a complete mess. We just grabbed some guns and some wheels and got out of there fast before it got really bad. We survived by staying ahead of those cannibals, avoiding cities, and sticking to the back roads. Don't know what's going on in the rest of the world, but it's been like this everywhere we've seen today. We started out heading west, hoping to find something resembling civilization. It got dark and we needed a place to stay the night. When we saw the lights, we figured we'd find company. My name's Alfredo, by the way."

"You've already met Kat," said Lauren. "I'm Lauren Montrose, and this is my mom, Emily."

"Nice to meet you. What brings you out this way?"

At the back of the roof, Joey reached the top of the ladder. He smiled at Ho Nguyen, Marcus, Helen, and Cynthia. "Good evening," he said. He shook Ho's hand. "Thanks for letting us stay here."

"You welcome," he replied, "but staying here not free. You stay here, you pull your weight. You help stand watch and protect store."

"Of course. We'll gladly take our shifts."

Marcus looked around, but all he saw was the Lincoln pulling up and parking behind the store. Now all of the vehicles were in place.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Victor got out of the car and walked over to the ladder preparying to climb up it.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Marcus commented, "We's lucky so far. Don't seem ta be none of those sickos down there." Marcus asked "Anyone talk to anyone else from the East Side? Maybe this is only happenin' here in the west?"
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

"Nice to meet you Alfrado" said Emily extending her hand. "We got here in pretty much the same way.....well, more or less. So what did you all do in Lincoln?"
kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by kouchpotato »

Richard gets out of the car as well, pulling out his pistol as he does so. He follows Victor to the ladder.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,This update encompasses three minutes.
Behind the store-
First Victor, then Richard, and finally Kyle climbed up the ladder to the roof. The bald man with the shotgun and the tattoos moved to the ladder next.

On the roof-
Victor, Richard, and Kyle reached the roof, where they joined Ho, Helen, Cynthia, and Joey.

"It was happening in Lincoln, too," said Joey to Marcus. "And Omaha from all accounts, but we didn't go there to see for ourselves. I don't know how far it's spread."

"A pleasure, Emily," said Alfredo on the other end of the roof, shaking her hand with a firm grip. "We were all in business together. Joey, he's the boss. Harvey handled the money, and I was in charge of security. Guess I still am. What do you do?"

"Mom's a psychiatrist," said Lauren proudly. "She's got her own radio show and everything! Or at least, she used to. She's also good at patching people up. Say, Mom, maybe you should have a look at Kathryn's arm and give it a proper bandaging?"
OOC,[b]Emily[/b], if you want to try to treat [b]Kathryn[/b]'s injury further, roll Medicine. If you succeed, roll 1d3 to see how many more HP she recovers.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Handy,Can Victor hear Alfredo or Joey as he comes up on the roof?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Victor[/b] can hear [b]Joey[/b] just fine. In fact, they're standing right near each other. In order to hear [b]Alfredo[/b] and the women at the opposite end of the roof, you'll need to roll Listen.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Damn," Marcus exclaimed at the news. "What kind of sickness can spread that fast? Must be terrorists responsible. Some kind of anthrax attack er something coordinated in several states." He looked down over the edge of the roof and urged those remaining below topside, "Come on, get your asses up here so we can haul this ladder back up."
ooc,Sorry - don't know who's still down below. :)

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”