IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

The survivors from the T-Bone flee for the safety of Warren Air Force Base, while a lone woman struggles against all odds to stay alive in a very dangerous place. A small group of survivors races across Nebraska in a pickup truck. The helicopter group arrives in Omaha in a last ditch effort to save the world, but time is running out. Z-Day seems to last forever, but it will come to an end. The sun is getting lower, and night is coming...

Moderator: Mr. Handy

kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years

Re: IC-JUNO-Trouble In Store(Everyone)

Post by kouchpotato »

Richard curses. Man, I really don't like those odds. The way I see it, we stay and they rob and kill everyone, or we run and they maybe don't kill us. I don't wanna run out man, but shit, we don't have much of a choice.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Marcus[/b], roll Climb. If that fails, roll Jump. Even if both rolls fail, you won't be hurt too badly (if at all), as you don't have all that far to fall.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

The wooden beam supporting Marcus' weight was wet, but he managed to hold on long enough for a controlled drop. He looked up to Kat and said, "No sense in everyone gettin' soaked to the bone on account of us being up top. Figured I'd do somethin' about it." He started heading into the store looking for the large garbage bags.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kat nods to Marcus and wipes the brim of the helmet which provides some water resistance. "I´ll keep watch up here!", she says and walks back to the front of the store roof. Getting to where Alfredo stands, she asks, "So, what´s you guys doing in a dump like this?" She makes a clearing manoeuvre with the 9mm and keeps it pointed at the roof below her, slightly angled at Alfredo´s direction but not at him...yet.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Raziel
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by Raziel »

Helen when she can moves up the ladder keeping an eye trained on the two new comers. She keeps a hand on the handle of the shot gun as she moves up just in case.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,There are six newcomers, actually.
Behind the store-
Helen scaled the ladder with ease, leaving Cynthia, Kyle, and the new arrivals in the rear of the store.

In the storeroom-
Marcus found the garbage bags easily enough, as they were kept in the storeroom. He collected them, but getting back up to the roof would not be as easy as getting down. He could move shelves or boxes and use them to help him climb up to the hole, beneath which a puddle had already formed on the floor from the rainwater dripping inside.
OOC,[b]Marcus[/b], roll Climb to try to get back out. Failure will not result in injury (unless it's a critical failure), only wasted time.
On the roof-
Lauren took the flashlight from Marcus before he dropped through the hole. "I need both hands to use the rifle," she said, "and you've already got a flashlight, Mom." She looked toward the front of the roof. "I'll go give it to Kathryn. She's got a pistol, so she still has a hand free." She hurried west across the roof, reaching the midpoint.

"Just remember it mine!" called Ho after her.

Emily could see nothing out there beyond the obvious. She focused on the new arrivals and observed their mannerisms while Helen reached the top of the ladder.
Emily Montrose,[b]Emily[/b] could see that [b]Joey[/b] carried himself confidently. He was a man used to getting what he wanted, but he had also known hardship recently. There was also a loneliness about him. [b]Alfredo[/b] seemed to be a hard, serious man, with an intense loyalty to [b]Joey[/b]. The Latino man with the tattoos definitely knew [b]Victor[/b], and the two of them were apparently friends. He acted tough and hid his fear well, but not well enough that [b]Emily[/b] couldn't detect it. The handsome man was very charming on the surface, and he smiled up at her and [b]Lauren[/b], but there also seemed to be a darkness within him. The man with the glasses was indeed extremely nervous, and he clearly seemed out of his depth. The big man looked more lost than anything else, and he was somewhat jumpy.
Alfredo went with Kathryn to the front of the roof, looking around. "My name's Alfredo, Ms. McCoy," he said. "Well, we was driving around hoping to find people. I mean people who don't want to eat us. It got dark, and we needed someplace safe to stay the night. We saw those lights and figured someone might be home. How 'bout you, Ms. McCoy? What's your story?" He looked her up and down. "Where did you get that nice body armor? You in the National Guard?"
OOC,[b]Kathryn[/b], roll Listen if you want to hear what [b]Richard[/b] and [b]Victor[/b] are saying in the parking lot. Otherwise, you have no knowledge of anything they say. Remember that the helmet gives you a -5 penalty.
In front of the store-
As Richard and Victor discussed their plans in the parking lot, they saw Alfredo and Kathryn reach the front of the roof. The two of them were talking to each other.
OOC,If you want to hear what they're saying, roll Listen. Otherwise, your character won't have knowledge of their conversation.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Kathryn heard the beginning of the sentence, "Nice body..." That´s what her uncle had said, all those years ago... She clenches the grip of the automatic and then hears the phrase National Guard. The man smiling in front of her, Gardner!
She pushes the trigger twice at the center of the man beside her.

Mr Handy:
Spoiler:
What rolls are required for this rather un-metagame action? It´s in-character, though.
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kathryn McCoy,[b]Kathryn[/b]'s Listen roll was to see if she hears whatever [b]Victor[/b] and [b]Richard[/b] dicsuss, which she does not because the roll failed. She hears everything [b]Alfredo[/b] has said, in context, since they are right next to each other. Keep in mind that [b]Kathryn[/b]'s temporary insanity is completely suppressed thanks to [b]Emily[/b]'s successful Psychoanalysis roll, and it will remain so for at least another 21 hours. It's possible that the temporary insanity will have worn off by that point anyway. She is thinking rationally at the moment. She does not have to act in this way, and doing so is likely to get her killed, especially considering that she's already wounded. It will also probably get others killed as well. You may want to reconsider shooting him. If you still want to go through with it, the range is point blank. Roll your first shot now. Since your Handgun skill is 45%, you have a 90% chance to hit. If you hit, roll 1d20 for the hit location and 1d10 for damage (2d10 on an impale, which happens on an 18 or less). You will have surprise, but [b]Alfredo[/b] has DEX 15, which beats your DEX of 14. If your first shot does not take him down, he will get to act before you can fire your second shot, and his rifle is already in his hands. He's at point blank range too. The bullet will still probably hurt you even if your armor catches it, and if it hits an arm or leg it will mean almost certain death. Everyone else will be surprised too, so nobody will be able to intervene before [b]Alfredo[/b] acts.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Mr Handy:
Spoiler:
I´m aware of the listening bit. Just wanted to act according to Kat´s memories. Since 'nice body' and 'national guard' may be triggers to her temporary insanity, this was my choice of action. And I think I´m a bit too careful as a player. So, I´ll roll the first shot and then we take it from there. She has been through a lot and the tension is getting tighter. Darker. More unknowns. Other motives. She won´t need much to get back to her jumpy state.

As a player, I can see the fault in this action. As a character, Kat will have mixed emotions. Anyways, as you put it I might ruin the game for other players by going in-character here. As you say, she is free of delusions and will think straight. If she was indeed unstable atm she would fire the shit out of Alfredo for even smiling at her.
I´ll play nicely and save the slugs for later. ;)
The bullets hit the man in the belly and he topples off the roof. Her hand shivers as her vision gets back to the dark night, replacing the ever so bright memory. Her mind was playing one of its tricks on her. Looking at Alfredo, blushing, Kat replies, "Eh...what? National guard? No, my friend was wearing this... I..had to kill him. He had turned into a walker.. Like them." She waves at the front area of the store and the darkness beyond. She looks at his midsection and sees he´s unhurt. She points her gun away from him and makes a safety move with the firing mechanism. "There, now I´m ready. Come you bastards!"
"My story? I got abducted by a swine for national guard´s man and have seen more die today than I wish for a lifetime. I´m with some people heading for a military base and then we´ll see what gives. This is just a pit stop for the night. You guys better play nicely or there will be trouble. Ya´here me, Fredo?" She almost sees Gardner smile beside her. She shakes her head and Gardner is replaced by Alfredo.
The conversation will be heard over the radio as she has the comm on.
TVblog

kouchpotato
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years

Post by kouchpotato »

Richard looks back once at the building, and than turns to Victor. We need to make a decision, the longer we stand out here the more likely it is we're gunna attract the infected.
OOC,Disregard it than, thought Helen just got some bad rolls =P
Last edited by kouchpotato on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,There were no actual gunshots. [b]Kathryn[/b] decided not to shoot after all, and that whole thing was just a fantasy in her head. Nothing has changed since last round.
Kathryn McCoy,You're not being too careful. Being careful is what has kept [b]Kathryn[/b] alive all this time, while other characters have acted recklessly and paid with their lives. You're playing her well. If the situation gets worse, she may yet have good reason to open fire even without going insane again. She is highly traumatized and messed up, but she's also a very resilient person and usually very sensible. She started with 85 Sanity and is currently only down to 73, which is still nearly the highest of anyone in this section.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by ryansommer »

OOC: Sorry, it's been a while. Can I get an update on who is up on the roof?
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

OOC:
Spoiler:
Lauren (heading to the front with a flashlight), Emily, Ho (Rear) Kathryn, Alfredo (Front)
Helen (Back ladder), Marcus (climbing up, hole)
Down below, by the ladder are Kyle, Cynthia wait with Joey (and four other guys, I guess)

Mr Handy might shed more light on this, but this is how I interpret things.
TVblog

ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Heads up!" Marcus calls up through the hole in the roof, ignoring the water coming down on his face. He tosses the garbage bags up to land on the roof, then attempts to climb up. With a leap up, his large hands wrap around an exposed 2x4 used as part of the roof support and pulled himself up through the hole, throwing his leg over when he can to keep from falling back down.
climb check,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2131593/]Climb (60%) (1d100=40)[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Welcome back, ryansommer! Syrinx has it pretty much right, though [b]Helen[/b] is at the back of the roof and may act. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. I'll edit that into the post above. [b]Lauren[/b] is currently in the middle of the roof, and [b]Marcus[/b] has just climbed up through the hole this turn and is at the back of the roof with the others. The Locations thread tells you where everyone is.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Victor cursed in Spanish a bit and then said, "Well our decision is made for us since they can see us now. Damm it. Last chance go back up there and try to take them out one at a time or flee into the night now? Your choice."
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily walked over to the hole in the roof and helped Marcus up. "Thanks, Marcus. These will help a whole lot."
She took the kitchen knife out of her back pocket to cut a hole in garbage bags for herself and Lauren. She paused. Looking at the knife she thought back to just earlier in the day. The trip with her family. The attack. How valiantly Jack had deended them at the RV. The heroic Flynn and Avarez. All of them now gone. Dead. Emily looked around the roof: How many of these kind people would be dead by sun up? Would she or...... Lauren be among them? Tears began to silently stream down her face, mixing with the drops of rain that were falling.
'No! God Damn it!' Emily thought to herself. With a grunt of determination, Emily wiped the tears and rain from her face and began to cut head and arm holes in a bag for Lauren.
"Here you go, sweetie" she said as she passed to bag to Lauren. Emily began work on making a poncho for herself.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Funny ... in my game (elsewhere) I'm always boggled at how no one seems to recall friends and family who have likely died in the apocalypse that transpired. I find myself doing the same thing here with my characters. Thanks ryansommer for helping me keep it real. Now all I got to figure out is if my characters had family.
Marcus saw Emily crying, though it was hard to tell with the rainfall. He put a hand on her shoulder, softly patting. He considered saying "It'll be ok," but how stupid would that be? Nothing was ok. Nothing would ever be the same. He wondered about his mother who lived alone on the outskirts of town. She was probably gone, easy prey to these sick, twisted fiends. It was just easier not to think about all the ties in his life that had been severed. When the dust settled, he would find out who was left and then he could mourn properly.

"Can I use your knife?" he asked Emily when she was done, grabbing a garbage bag for himself.
ryansommer
Disciple
Disciple

Post by ryansommer »

Emily stood there staring and found herself leaning into Marcus; tilting her head sideways to rest on his shoulder. She's been working so hard to comfort Kyle and Lauren, that she didn't even realize how much she should stand to be comforted herself. Emily stared at nothing as she spoke softly: "One hour at a time. Right? That's all we can plan for. We team up, we stay strong and we take things one hour at a time."
Emily reached around and gave Marcus a brief half hug before standing tall again; "Here, just take this" She handed Marcus the poncho she had been making and started on another one.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Victor said, "Look we need to let Emily and Lauren know somehow what is going on as well. I think that they will help us. Can you figure out a reason for them to come down here?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death

Return to “Chapter 4 - The Longest Day”